Sign in to follow this  
BufordT

Have you ever joined a march/gathering in protest of anything?

People seem to be protesting a lot of shhhhtuff these days. I never have myself or know anyone (that i know of) who has.

No I have a job that I am required to show up to.

• Like 1

the gulf war. may mom and i did the march from campus to the court house.

I met at the state capital to attend a hearing about outdoor recreation laws. It wasn't a protest per se, but a gathering of people to show support for maintaining outdoor access, which a proposed bill would severely limit.

I think this would be a good protest to attend, and it's the same day as the MOAR: https://www.juggalomarch.com

If you’ve any interest in politics, rapping clowns, and/or the intersection of the two, you’ve probably heard by now that the National Mall has been double-booked on September 16, with the pro-Trump “Mother of All Rallies”—presumably named to honor the mothers who will be dropping protesters off at the march—set to collide with ICP’s planned Juggalo March on Washington. The Juggalo march is in protest of the FBI’s classification of ICP fans as a “loosely organized hybrid gang,” a label organizers say has unfairly cost Juggalos jobs and custody of their children, and encouraged police harassment of Juggalos.

Save for this one issue, ICP is not an explicitly political band, and there are some pro-Trump Juggalos. But the overlap between the Juggalo March and rabid Trumpies is likely to be minimal. Juggalos view their community as a loving family that accepts everyone just as they are, which is the opposite of what Nazi pricks—or, as they prefer to be known, “white nationalists”—advocate. And, in the unlikely venue of a Time magazine editorial on last year’s wave of creepy clown sightings, ICP’s Violent J had this to say about the clowns in Washington:

These clowns threaten the very fabric on which our nation was supposedly founded upon—and for some f—ing crazy-a– reason, they’re getting away with it. From keystone-cop clowns shooting unarmed citizens, to racist clowns burning down Islamic centers or clowns in the NSA spying on us through our cell phones and laptops, America has turned into something far more terrifying than Insane Clown Posse’s Dark Carnival.

No I have a job that I am required to show up to.

and they seem kind of dangerous these days.

the gulf war. may mom and i did the march from campus to the court house.

are you glad you did it? was is it worth it?

I met at the state capital to attend a hearing about outdoor recreation laws. It wasn't a protest per se, but a gathering of people to show support of maintaining outdoor access, which a proposed bill would severely limit.

I think this would be a good protest to attend, and it's the same day as the MOAR: https://www.juggalomarch.com

"Juggalos view their community as a loving family that accepts everyone just as they are"

We'll see how that lasts.

There are a lot of things I strongly support. But I would never think of going and walking around invading other peoples physical space just for me to give them my opinion.

Marching around with signs are just...yeah...I'd never do it in a million years.

and they seem kind of dangerous these days.

True I thought about going to a local Trump rally but didn't want to deal with left and how violent they are

Was at a wild protest at city hall at a Gulliani rally in 1992. Later protested against Gulliani.

True I thought about going to a local Trump rally but didn't want to deal with left and how violent they are

Smart thinking!! You might've had to delay the Disney trip if something bad happened.

There are a lot of things I strongly support. But I would never think of going and walking around invading other peoples physical space just for me to give them my opinion.

Marching around with signs are just...yeah...I'd never do it in a million years.

This is pretty much where I'm at....would never do it.

No man, that's the biggest waste of time. Protests are part of the problem, not the solution.

Tend to agree. Has there ever been a protest that accomplished anything?

Not a one. Better things to do.

Nope. My teenage daughter thought about going to a BLM protest here because she felt she should go to such a thing as a young person, but she slept in instead. Yay millenials! :D

Just parades. As a kid for Little League or Boy Scouts or school sports teams. Then later with politicians I supported or with Veterans groups. I also participated Focus: HOPE sponsored events which is a Detroit based group that promotes tolerance and understanding between the city and the suburbs.

I certainly would have also joined anti-Iraq War protests had I been around for them and would have attended any anti-George W. Bush rally. I probably would attend environmental rallies as well if they were nearby and I had time.

No. I protest like normal adults, at the ballot box. Local, state and national.

The first two being most important.

Went to a bra burning once. Lost a lot of friends that day. It still pains me to say "hey bra"

No. I protest like normal adults, at the ballot box. Local, state and national.

The first two being most important.

This.

I'm probably going to March with the first order today at Hollywood Studies. Focking rebel terrorist.

Closest was a Bernie rally last year. Not my thing but the missus wanted to go.

I have a full time job. A family w/ grandchildren. And always something to do around the house/yard.

NO!

How many people with an actual life do?

Closest was a Bernie rally last year. Not my thing but the missus wanted to go.

yeah, i went to bernie too.

does sending an ounce of weed with a carload heading to standing rock count ?

Reading about all your exciting, action-packed lives, I'm thankful you can find the time to post. :thumbsup:

I watched Ninjago with my son over breakfast. Then we went to the playground. We may play some Uno later. :mellow: