Sign in to follow this  
420allstars

The Dynasty Q&A thread

Also if anyone is looking to get into a pretty complex dynasty league that is already up and running for like 5+ years with some VERY active owners (averaging 1-2 trades a day) PM me, its not for the weak at heart though,

32teams, full IDP, Start 1QB, 1-2RB, 1-2WR, 1TE, 1K, 2-3 DE/DT, 2-3 LB's, 2-3 CB/S

salary cap, 3 round rookie draft each year (picks are tradable 2 years in advance)

I know it seems like too many teams (and it may be) but it works, we have some very knolagable owners and you will learn to get to know 3/4 of the players in the NFL,

I have really enjoyed it and even with all those teams I say we have 25 solid owners and a couple openings, must log into the game site 1x a week in the off season and 3x durring the season or you loose your team.. personally Im there pretty much every night all year round!

Obviously this is not the place to be advertising for open leagues but I thought I would throw it out there since I have seen a couple posts looking for openings..

Depending on the cost, I would be interested in a FFtoday Dynasty league as well.

Same here.

A couple of observations - IMO. this thread is just to valuable to go 'dead' so this partly is a bump for the thread.

But I'm very happy that our Doug, Mr.Fantasy Guru will be working on a Dynasty series next month.

Another guru I respect, Mr Matt Waldman, has branched out with his own website - http://www.mattwaldman.com/

It is called "A seat in Matt Waldman's film room". I've been studying the Matt's site content and it is great for guys like me who want to see how he breaks down film and get an understanding of flaws in a college player's game - especially which flaws in a rookie's game are often correctable and which flaws are often fatal to a skill players career at the next level.

And I'm again pleased to plug his annual Rookie Scouting Portfolio. It comes out around April 1st and it can be pre-ordered through Matt's own website. This year he is donating 10% of his gross sales from the RSP to Darkness to Light - a non-profit specializing in prevention of sexual abuse. I know that as a parent, his understanding of the prevalence of often hidden sexual abuse of children and specifically the Sandusky case at Penn State impacted him greatly and I commend him for his initiative on this.

Back to the point for dynasty leaguers, while I've been a fan of Waldman for years and am still learning much from him, the Waldman RSP is IMO an indispensible tool for rookie drafts in dynasty. Like everyone else, Matt won't bat 100% (if he did he'd be the highest paid professional scout or drart analyst around) but he is very damn good at what he does.

I really felt good about my own pre-combine rookie position rankings this year. The last few years I did post-Combine rookie rankings as well (ahead of the RSP so I couldn't cheat and mirror Matt's work), but because I'm now in money leagues with too many of you guys, I'll probably not share them on the 'bored' this year. Besides, if you buy Matt's RSP, you'll get a professional analysis instead of my amateurish approach to this.

That said, to continue to foster discussion in this thread and promote more dynasty league discussion on the bored, I will always give you my 'take' on any dynasty topic or player you want to put out here, and I'd encourage others to do the same.

Lastly, it seems that there is a good deal of interest in a dynasty league of FFTodayers. While I have neither the time nor the interest in being commish of one more league, I'd be happy to help if one of you guys want to take the initiative and get a FFtoday league started. Last year I started one from scratch with zero problems,and 100% owner retention, and clear bylaws. So rather than having to re-invent the wheel, if someone wants to step up and get off the ground, just pm me and I'll help.

Let's continue to make this thread a board resource for our growing number of FFToday dynasty leaguers.

A couple of observations - IMO. this thread is just to valuable to go 'dead' so this partly is a bump for the thread.

But I'm very happy that our Doug, Mr.Fantasy Guru will be working on a Dynasty series next month.

Another guru I respect, Mr Matt Waldman, has branched out with his own website - http://www.mattwaldman.com/

It is called "A seat in Matt Waldman's film room". I've been studying the Matt's site content and it is great for guys like me who want to see how he breaks down film and get an understanding of flaws in a college player's game - especially which flaws in a rookie's game are often correctable and which flaws are often fatal to a skill players career at the next level.

And I'm again pleased to plug his annual Rookie Scouting Portfolio. It comes out around April 1st and it can be pre-ordered through Matt's own website. This year he is donating 10% of his gross sales from the RSP to Darkness to Light - a non-profit specializing in prevention of sexual abuse. I know that as a parent, his understanding of the prevalence of often hidden sexual abuse of children and specifically the Sandusky case at Penn State impacted him greatly and I commend him for his initiative on this.

Back to the point for dynasty leaguers, while I've been a fan of Waldman for years and am still learning much from him, the Waldman RSP is IMO an indispensible tool for rookie drafts in dynasty. Like everyone else, Matt won't bat 100% (if he did he'd be the highest paid professional scout or drart analyst around) but he is very damn good at what he does.

I really felt good about my own pre-combine rookie position rankings this year. The last few years I did post-Combine rookie rankings as well (ahead of the RSP so I couldn't cheat and mirror Matt's work), but because I'm now in money leagues with too many of you guys, I'll probably not share them on the 'bored' this year. Besides, if you buy Matt's RSP, you'll get a professional analysis instead of my amateurish approach to this.

That said, to continue to foster discussion in this thread and promote more dynasty league discussion on the bored, I will always give you my 'take' on any dynasty topic or player you want to put out here, and I'd encourage others to do the same.

Lastly, it seems that there is a good deal of interest in a dynasty league of FFTodayers. While I have neither the time nor the interest in being commish of one more league, I'd be happy to help if one of you guys want to take the initiative and get a FFtoday league started. Last year I started one from scratch with zero problems,and 100% owner retention, and clear bylaws. So rather than having to re-invent the wheel, if someone wants to step up and get off the ground, just pm me and I'll help.

Let's continue to make this thread a board resource for our growing number of FFToday dynasty leaguers.

:cheers:

so now we have a format and bylaws.. solid intrest, now we just need a comish?? sadly I am commited to running two leagues (one re-draft, and one full scale IDP dynasty) so I wont have the time to comit to another, that said I would be willing to co-comish or help out like MMF offered to do..

I am holding Nelson (who was one of my best moves last seaosn as I grabbed him for next to nothing just before the 2011 NFL playoffs) anyways I am starting to think sell high.. I do see him as a top 20-30 option next year but a repeat is IMO completly out of the question.

anyone having luck selling Nelson? if so what WR did you target/get in return?

I am holding Nelson (who was one of my best moves last seaosn as I grabbed him for next to nothing just before the 2011 NFL playoffs) anyways I am starting to think sell high.. I do see him as a top 20-30 option next year but a repeat is IMO completly out of the question.

anyone having luck selling Nelson? if so what WR did you target/get in return?

I'm assuming Jordy, not David. Here's how I see the Packer receiving situation:

1. Jennings is a solid WR1 as usual.

2. Jordy obviously had a CAREER YEAR last year, so I doubt if you will be able to get close to WR1 value, but IMO he is a high end WR2, because he clearly stepped up his game and has separated himself from James Jones. I believe he will easily be in the top 20 WRs if he can avoid injury even with all the mouths Rodgers needs to feed.

4. JerMichael Finley had a sub-standard year last year and I expect his targets and numbers will improve. I believe top 5 TE numbers are very possible.

5. Randall Cobb is a real talent from the slot. He is the wild card that will cut into the production of all 4 receivers mentioned above.

6a and 6b. Driver and James Jones - I believe that Driver will restructure to a cheap contract to retire as a Packer, and McCarthy will find a way to also get him and James Jones on the field for a few plays every game. As we know Rodgers is especially adept at spreading the rock around.

That said, I've been trying to acquire Jordy Nelson for the likes of RB2s like an Ahmad Bradshaw type. I haven't been able to get it done yet.

I'm assuming Jordy, not David. Here's how I see the Packer receiving situation:

1. Jennings is a solid WR1 as usual.

2. Jordy obviously had a CAREER YEAR last year, so I doubt if you will be able to get close to WR1 value, but IMO he is a high end WR2, because he clearly stepped up his game and has separated himself from James Jones. I believe he will easily be in the top 20 WRs if he can avoid injury even with all the mouths Rodgers needs to feed.

4. JerMichael Finley had a sub-standard year last year and I expect his targets and numbers will improve. I believe top 5 TE numbers are very possible.

5. Randall Cobb is a real talent from the slot. He is the wild card that will cut into the production of all 4 receivers mentioned above.

6a and 6b. Driver and James Jones - I believe that Driver will restructure to a cheap contract to retire as a Packer, and McCarthy will find a way to also get him and James Jones on the field for a few plays every game. As we know Rodgers is especially adept at spreading the rock around.

That said, I've been trying to acquire Jordy Nelson for the likes of RB2s like an Ahmad Bradshaw type. I haven't been able to get it done yet.

You were correct about it being Jordy Nelson (not david)

I was really looking for a low end WR1 (16team ppr) that scored maybe 50less points last season or who has the potential for a big season? I am pretty stacked at RB so even with the limited depth at the position I was hoping for a WR to pair with Maclin or Cruz?

any thoughts?

Its a sad sad day in my Lions world.

I moved Megatron from my championship roster.

16 team dynasty league. PPR

I moved Calvin and got

rookie picks

2013 first rounder

Ben Tate

My team now looks like this:

Stafford

Hill

Cassel

Benson

Best

SJax

M Morris

Lex Hillard

Ben Tate

D Jax

R Wayne

Branch

L Robinson

Hester

D Henderson

Cribbs

A Hernandez

Shockey

Akers

Novak

Lions D

Raiders D

I also have rookie pick 1.05

Looking to grab

1.02 Blackmon

1.03 RG3

1.05 Lamar Hill

I know for fact Richardson goes 1.01

thinking maybe Luck goes 1.04

of course, my picks are changeable, depending on where people get drafted. But outside of my starting lineup, I had no depth, and was worried about injuries

Thoughts?

Cory

I don't think I'd draft Lamar Hill at 1.05. I tend not to draft congressmen, poets, playwrights or rap artists aka LA Sunshine for my fantasy football teams, but to each his own. I'm thinking either Lamar Miller or Stephen Hill is a better choice. But then again, I'm not enamored with either Lamar Miller or Stephen Hill with the 1.05 slot either. If I had to make a choice at this point, if I'm going RB I'd probably go with Doug Martin, and if I'm going WR it is Michael Floyd.

But this is a choice that I wouldn't have to make that choice right now. You do not say when your draft is. I would assume that like most of us, it is sometime after the NFL draft, and very possibly much later. The post-Combine period we are in right now is like phase two of a 4-phase process. The final two phases are far more important - post NFL draft and pre-rookie draft including OTAs and pre-season right up to the date of your draft.

IMO unless you are one of the unfortunate ones who are in a dynasty league that has their rookie draft in the next few weeks, it doesn't even pay to worry about who to pick right now. Their NFL landing spot and their offseason performance has everything to do with who the best choices will be. You are asking us to solve the puzzle when not even half the clues are on the table yet.

I guess I was thinking more along the lines of, what were your thoughts on the value of the trade I got for Calvin.

Our rookie draft is two weeks after the NFL draft. We do one round, each month leading up to the season

You were correct about it being Jordy Nelson (not david)

I was really looking for a low end WR1 (16team ppr) that scored maybe 50less points last season or who has the potential for a big season? I am pretty stacked at RB so even with the limited depth at the position I was hoping for a WR to pair with Maclin or Cruz?

any thoughts?

There are a lot of free agent WRs who still have to find landing spots yet (and of course the QB carousel hasn't stopped yet either), and then of course there is the upcoming NFL draft. I'd like to have just a bit more clarity as to team depth charts before I'd hazzard too many guesses as to who the high upside sleepers really are. My best choice right now would be Demaryious Thomas.

The risk of making guesses on today's incomplete information is partially why trading in my main dynasty league has come pretty much to a screeching halt. Everyone is in 'watch and learn' mode right now to see which pieces are going to go and fit where.

I guess I was thinking more along the lines of, what were your thoughts on the value of the trade I got for Calvin.

Our rookie draft is two weeks after the NFL draft. We do one round, each month leading up to the season

I think this was a reasonable deal this year, but it would have been even better if you were weak at QB. I'm not sure that I'd have done the deal since you already have Stafford and are really looking for depth at RB and WR. The reason I say that is because this year is a rarity because we see two absolutely outstanding QBs who have solid franchise QB potential. So if you really needed a Luck or a RG3, and got the others in the process, then giving up Megatron would seem like a pretty decent idea.

But outside of Richardson, who will be gone, there is plenty of depth at both of these two positions before you hit significant drop-off. I really like the three RBs in the tier just behind Richardson. Even the next 5 or 6 RBs on my list after Martin, Wilson and Miller have the potential to become solid NFL RBs. Same goes for WR. I just don't see much separation at all in the top 3 WRs, and after that, while the risk is higher, there are a lot of guys who could blossom at the next level. At RB or WR there is no single player or two players in this class who approach the talent level of a Megatron, especially if we eliminate Richardson from the mix.

AP and MJD are you buying selling or holding?

Two elite RBs about the same age (not that old) but both have alot of miles on them. MJD has a extra season and AP is coming off a injury.

what are you doing?

If I owned either I think I would start sending out feelers for a trade. Until afew years ago I had a bad habbit of living in the past and hanging onto players way to long. My players got old at the same time and it took awhile to rebuild.

Two elite RBs about the same age (not that old) but both have alot of miles on them. MJD has a extra season and AP is coming off a injury.

what are you doing?

If I owned either I think I would start sending out feelers for a trade. Until afew years ago I had a bad habbit of living in the past and hanging onto players way to long. My players got old at the same time and it took awhile to rebuild.

I definitely agree with the "sell high" sentiment. If you can get 1.01 plus a younger second tier (but no lower) veteran at a position of your need (lets say a /Kenny BrittMike Wallace/Antonio Brown type, I'd pull the trigger on a trade of either of these guys. Britt and T Richardson for ADP would be a gamble I'd take All Day (pun intended).

Also if anyone is looking to get into a pretty complex dynasty league that is already up and running for like 5+ years with some VERY active owners (averaging 1-2 trades a day) PM me, its not for the weak at heart though,

32teams, full IDP, Start 1QB, 1-2RB, 1-2WR, 1TE, 1K, 2-3 DE/DT, 2-3 LB's, 2-3 CB/S

salary cap, 3 round rookie draft each year (picks are tradable 2 years in advance)

I know it seems like too many teams (and it may be) but it works, we have some very knolagable owners and you will learn to get to know 3/4 of the players in the NFL,

I have really enjoyed it and even with all those teams I say we have 25 solid owners and a couple openings, must log into the game site 1x a week in the off season and 3x durring the season or you loose your team.. personally Im there pretty much every night all year round!

Obviously this is not the place to be advertising for open leagues but I thought I would throw it out there since I have seen a couple posts looking for openings..

i wish you luck filling this league

a league that has 1-2 trades per day, if you're serious, must be insane. guys must trade just for the sake of trading.

i wish you luck filling this league

a league that has 1-2 trades per day, if you're serious, must be insane. guys must trade just for the sake of trading.

I think its the size and depth of the player pool that creates so much action, I'll be honest alot of the trades are small deals. we see a big name player move maybe once a week

that said I did find two new owners from the forum without much effort..I guess its not for everyone! :cheers:

what are you doing?

I own Peterson in a dynasty league right here at FFT (DNDL). He was actually the #1 overall pick year one of the league. I ain't trading him. I think he bounces back from the injury, but the injury kills his trade value. I'd rather wait it out then take what his situation would dictate due to the injury. Course my team is stacked and I play with a bunch of retards.

I own Peterson in a dynasty league right here at FFT (DNDL). He was actually the #1 overall pick year one of the league. I ain't trading him. I think he bounces back from the injury, but the injury kills his trade value. I'd rather wait it out then take what his situation would dictate due to the injury. Course my team is stacked and I play with a bunch of retards.

agreed, AP is a hold right now unless you can get fair value (you will not)

agreed, AP is a hold right now unless you can get fair value (you will not)

Now on MJD...I might look to see what I could get for him right now. I've always been a huge fan...I haven't had him on a team in a few years but I did have him for two years running in my auction league where we can keep up to two players for an extra year...I had him for two awesome years some time back. I was surprised how good of a year he had last year. That said, he is getting up there in years, miles, had some injuries and bumps and bruises along the way. This might be your last best chance to cash in on that great year last year. If I owned him, I would have a hard time letting go though, as he is one of my favorite fantasy players of all time and I've been playing quite awhile.

Now on MJD...I might look to see what I could get for him right now. I've always been a huge fan...I haven't had him on a team in a few years but I did have him for two years running in my auction league where we can keep up to two players for an extra year...I had him for two awesome years some time back. I was surprised how good of a year he had last year. That said, he is getting up there in years, miles, had some injuries and bumps and bruises along the way. This might be your last best chance to cash in on that great year last year. If I owned him, I would have a hard time letting go though, as he is one of my favorite fantasy players of all time and I've been playing quite awhile.

I agree he's a tough guy to let go.. he's a bunch of fun to watch and if healthy is gaurenteed to get his touches (he was about 75% of there offence last season) but SELL HIGH is the only option in any kind of keeper/dynasty league..if you can find a partner that will pay you as if hes gonna do what he did last year then take it asap!!

Tebow and sanchez owners (I play in a couple big leagues so yes these guys are both owned) what the hell do you do now?? try to roster both?

Tebow and sanchez owners (I play in a couple big leagues so yes these guys are both owned) what the hell do you do now?? try to roster both?

Depending on the rest of my roster....I might quit. :banana:

Depending on the rest of my roster....I might quit. :banana:

sanchez is my back up. its a 16 team league so all the starters are rostered...he is actually one of the better back ups IMO, Stafford is my starter :cheers:

sanchez is my back up. its a 16 team league so all the starters are rostered...he is actually one of the better back ups IMO, Stafford is my starter :cheers:

In that case, I'd roster both, but would be looking to upgrade my QB2 if possible.

I gots Cam as my backup. :banana:

nice, whos that starter? only a few I can think of..

Tommy Boy :banana:

16 team dynasty PPR IDP

start 1 QB, 2rb, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 rb/wr, 1 te/wr, 1 k, 1 d, 1 DT, DE, 1 CB, 1S

QB

Matt Ryan (ATL), Alex Smith (SF), Kyle Orton

WR

Calvin Johnson (DET), Roddy White (ATL), Reggie Wayne (IND), Lance Moore (NO), Damian Williams (TEN), Jonathan Baldwin (KC), Anthony Armstrong (WAS)

Ramses Barden (NYG), Andrew Hawkins (CIN), Louis Murphy (OAK)

RB

LeSean McCoy (PHI), Darren McFadden (OAK), Willis McGahee (DEN), Jonathan Stewart (CAR), Jacquizz Rodgers (ATL),Brandon Saine (GB)

Jamie Harper (TEN), Taiwan Jones (OAK), Phillip Tanner (DAL)

TE

Brent Celek (PHI), Jimmy Graham (NO)

K

Alex Henery (PHI)

LB

James Laurinaitis (STL), Paul Posluszny (JAC)

DT

Domata Peko (CIN)

DE

Chris Long (STL)

CB

Brandon Browner (SEA)

S

Jordan Babineaux (TEN)

I also have pick #9, 22, 30, 31, 43

First what would you look for in the draft?

Second would you trade this year pick 9 for a pick next year?

Third where do you think I should improve?

16 team dynasty PPR IDP

start 1 QB, 2rb, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 rb/wr, 1 te/wr, 1 k, 1 d, 1 DT, DE, 1 CB, 1S

QB

Matt Ryan (ATL), Alex Smith (SF), Kyle Orton

WR

Calvin Johnson (DET), Roddy White (ATL), Reggie Wayne (IND), Lance Moore (NO), Damian Williams (TEN), Jonathan Baldwin (KC), Anthony Armstrong (WAS)

Ramses Barden (NYG), Andrew Hawkins (CIN), Louis Murphy (OAK)

RB

LeSean McCoy (PHI), Darren McFadden (OAK), Willis McGahee (DEN), Jonathan Stewart (CAR), Jacquizz Rodgers (ATL),Brandon Saine (GB)

Jamie Harper (TEN), Taiwan Jones (OAK), Phillip Tanner (DAL)

TE

Brent Celek (PHI), Jimmy Graham (NO)

K

Alex Henery (PHI)

LB

James Laurinaitis (STL), Paul Posluszny (JAC)

DT

Domata Peko (CIN)

DE

Chris Long (STL)

CB

Brandon Browner (SEA)

S

Jordan Babineaux (TEN)

I also have pick #9, 22, 30, 31, 43

would you have to cut a player? whats your roster limits?

you dont really have any depth at DEF spots?

no matter what I am thinking you will get a decent WR at 9th overall, to early to tell who IMO..

I think your team looks pretty solid but thin, You have a solid starting lineup but a injury or two would kill you!

Not sure I would move your first unless your getting a near gaurenteed 1-4 overall pick

can you post your league link so a few of us can check out your scoring, ect?

That is a hell of a team for a 16 team league.

IMO there are 2 premier QBs, the 4 top RBs, and 3 top WRs in this draft. That makes a premier player available to you at 1.09 for sure. And there are a few nice tier 3 WRs and RBs that will find themselves drafted into just the right situation.

2012 is one of the deepest drafts yet, so there's no way I'd trade pick 9 for next year's pick. Unless Luck or RG3 slides all the way to 1.09, at worst you will find yourself with the choice of Doug Martin, David Williams, LaMar Miller, Kendall Wright, or the 3rd tier guy who lands in the best situation.

O.k. fellas. Sometimes I get bored. Other times, I just go crazy.

Here's my series of 3 different trades, the end results.

A little background: 12 team dynasty. 24 man roster. Start 1qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te, 1flex(rb,wr,or te) 1d, 1k. ppr scoring and a 3 round rookie draft every year (sometime in august).

I traded:

Matt Ryan

Sam Bradford

Wes Welker

2012 2nd and 3rd rounder.

2013 2nd and 3rd rounder.

Got:

Peyton Manning

Jake Locker

4 2013 1st rounders

(So yes, now I will have 5, 1st rounders next year.)

I've never hoarded draft picks before, so I'm gonna see how it goes.

I'm good at wr and te. (Plus still have my 1.11 pick this year to add to that group). I believe I'm no worse off than I was before at qb (I'm really high on Locker in Tennessee, so this is why this works for myself).

And while I am weak at RB, I think I can make it through the year, before I have to really retool next year. When I would be all in on next seasons draft class, or even have trade bait if I want to go that route.

Has anyone, or have you seen anyone hoard rookie picks before? And did it work out? I guess I can be a fftoday guinea pig.

O.k. fellas. Sometimes I get bored. Other times, I just go crazy.

Here's my series of 3 different trades, the end results.

A little background: 12 team dynasty. 24 man roster. Start 1qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te, 1flex(rb,wr,or te) 1d, 1k. ppr scoring and a 3 round rookie draft every year (sometime in august).

I traded:

Matt Ryan

Sam Bradford

Wes Welker

2012 2nd and 3rd rounder.

2013 2nd and 3rd rounder.

Got:

Peyton Manning

Jake Locker

4 2013 1st rounders

(So yes, now I will have 5, 1st rounders next year.)

I've never hoarded draft picks before, so I'm gonna see how it goes.

I'm good at wr and te. (Plus still have my 1.11 pick this year to add to that group). I believe I'm no worse off than I was before at qb (I'm really high on Locker in Tennessee, so this is why this works for myself).

And while I am weak at RB, I think I can make it through the year, before I have to really retool next year. When I would be all in on next seasons draft class, or even have trade bait if I want to go that route.

Has anyone, or have you seen anyone hoard rookie picks before? And did it work out? I guess I can be a fftoday guinea pig.

a couple things..

I am not nearly as high on Locker as you, infact the way Tennessee chased Peyton makes me think they agree.. I could see him taking a step forward this year or never starting another game in the league! so just given that and Peytons age/injury/ect I dont really love the trade in a dynasty format. not brutal but not one I would have made

the four picks are nice but I find unless they are high it turns into a bit of a gamble.. I prefer to deal my firsts at the draft to excited owners that get high on a rook for a proven player whenever possible.. maybe you go that route next year with the 6-12 picks (depending on how next years propects shake out)

guess I was no help but maybe another owners oppinion helps?

New team 12 team dynasty ppr

start 1 qb, 2-3 rbs, 2-4 wrs, 1 te, 1k, 1 D/st

My team

QB Aaron Rodgers, Matt Flynn, Ryan Fitzpatrick

RBs Marshawn Lynch, Reggie Bush, Michael Turner, Mikel Leshoure, Ryan Grant, Evan Royster, Deangelo Williams

WRs Hakeem Nicks, Jeremy Maclin, Steve Smith (car) Antonio Brown, Eddie Royal, Jordan Norwood, Mike Thomas, jarrett Dillard, Devonne Bess, Doug Baldwin, Danario Alexander, Andre Roberts

TE Gronk, Celek, Housler

K Henery, Kasay

D/ST Lions, Saints

pick 1.3, 2.1, 2.3, 3.2

Tempted to trade down and get more picks....wanted to try and get pick 1.1 but offer was he give 1.1 and greg little and i give 1.3, Lynch and Nicks

Thanks 20. Any opinions are always helpful, especially if we could get a dynasty forum started here.

I figure with my 5 1st rounders next year. I can get at minimum 2 rb's I really like (through draft or trade) that I can feel comfortable starting for several years to come. And this is my weak area.

For my Qb's. It's definitly a gamble with the direction I've gone.

I think Manning has 2 to 3 years of good football in him. And I think some of me as a fan just always wanted to own him too. So I think he can match Matt Ryan and Sam Bradford for a couple of years for scoring.

The longevity part is a gamble, as Ryan and Bradford have a long shelf life ahead of them. But I think This is where Locker can come into play. And I admitt, I have a man crush on him also.

What I will have to do no matter what is; After week 1, I'm gonna have to grab the best QB on waivers available, to both cover their bye (same week) and to have some sort of startable backup plan so my season this coming year doesn't go into the crapper at the QB position.

New team 12 team dynasty ppr

start 1 qb, 2-3 rbs, 2-4 wrs, 1 te, 1k, 1 D/st

My team

QB Aaron Rodgers, Matt Flynn, Ryan Fitzpatrick

RBs Marshawn Lynch, Reggie Bush, Michael Turner, Mikel Leshoure, Ryan Grant, Evan Royster, Deangelo Williams

WRs Hakeem Nicks, Jeremy Maclin, Steve Smith (car) Antonio Brown, Eddie Royal, Jordan Norwood, Mike Thomas, jarrett Dillard, Devonne Bess, Doug Baldwin, Danario Alexander, Andre Roberts

TE Gronk, Celek, Housler

K Henery, Kasay

D/ST Lions, Saints

pick 1.3, 2.1, 2.3, 3.2

Tempted to trade down and get more picks....wanted to try and get pick 1.1 but offer was he give 1.1 and greg little and i give 1.3, Lynch and Nicks

What do you think 1.1 and 1.2 will be if you keep the picks?

My point is to turn those picks into players.

Would you rather have Tony Richardson (1.1) and Little.

Or

Lynch, Nicks, and 1.3 Which could be Blackmon, Floyd or Wright whoever you like the best, or the second best rb in the draft, or 1 of the 2 top qb's if you needed one.

As valuable as the 1.1 is. I think you'd be giving up the farm to get that pick, and I'd say stay where you are, or trade down like your initial plan. Those top 3 picks this year are gold IMO.

I think Lynch and 1.1 (Probably Richardson) production would be a wash. Lynch is still young too. So it would be Little versus Nicks and your 1.3 pick for production, and he'd win in a land slide.

Alright, I'm sold, I have to start one of these. If any of you could point me in the right direction to a hosting site free or paid and a link to an in depth article for starting one from scratch I'd greatly appreciate it.

IMO this is a great year to trade back from 1.03. I say wait till close to or durring the draft and I assume richardson and blackmon/ luck or RG3 will be 1.1 and 1.2

find a qb needy team and they will salivate at the chance to grab one of the remaining QB's (either luck or RG3)

there is going to be a real sweet spot around 1.06 - 2.02 that should have some fantastic talent still around..

Alright, I'm sold, I have to start one of these. If any of you could point me in the right direction to a hosting site free or paid and a link to an in depth article for starting one from scratch I'd greatly appreciate it.

Lots of good info here:

http://dynastyleaguefootball.com/

Lots of good info here:

http://dynastyleaguefootball.com/

I was fiddling around with an MFL free trial they have serious amounts of control. I've been strictly an ESPN user until now but they don't let you create a league right now???? I don't mind paying but if I could get it for free on ESPN that'd be great.

Thanks for the link some, there's some good stuff there. I'm going to go the route of 24-30 man roster and keeping all players from previous year and a 3 round rookie draft in future years as some people here had suggested. I'm also going to include IDP's, I've never played with them.

Keep the suggestions coming guys and dolls.

I was fiddling around with an MFL free trial they have serious amounts of control. I've been strictly an ESPN user until now but they don't let you create a league right now???? I don't mind paying but if I could get it for free on ESPN that'd be great.

Thanks for the link some, there's some good stuff there. I'm going to go the route of 24-30 man roster and keeping all players from previous year and a 3 round rookie draft in future years as some people here had suggested. I'm also going to include IDP's, I've never played with them.

Keep the suggestions coming guys and dolls.

Make sure you do your homework with your idp's. You have to know your scoring, and how valuable guys are. Practice mocking isn't a bad idea also, to gauge where they'll be drafted.

I tried idp's once years ago. But I drafted the way I would have for a normal redraft. My team was horrible.

If you could have any 2 of these guys listed which would you choose?

Dez Bryant

Mike Wallace

Phillip Rivers

Tonry Romo