Jump to content



Photo

UPDATE: Possibility of a Zeke suspension? - Allowed to play Wk 7


  • Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#1 Moemoney

Moemoney

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 09:59 AM

So I've been rostering both McFadden and Morris in hopes of a possible Zeke suspension, but between byes and injuries, roster spots are becoming very hard to come by. Any real possibility of a suspension, or am I just praying for something that won't happen? Thoughts?

#2 Frozenbeernuts

Frozenbeernuts

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 17,690 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 10:13 AM

Google

#3 TennisMenace

TennisMenace

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 10:29 AM

I hear the Boys have another RB who might be in the mix. Maybe you should roster him too just to be safe.
3-3


Qb: DWatson, ASmith
RB: Zeke, Ty Montgomery, K Hunt, The Duke, ODarkwa, IR-DJohnson
WR: CHogan, SDiggs, DFunchess, CDavis, JDoctson
TE: ZErtz
D: Stream
K: Stream

#4 SaintsInDome2006

SaintsInDome2006

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 10:40 AM

It looked like the NFL had a good shot at winning this past week but the decision didn't come out. This might mean it may not go so well for the NFL because they presented a pretty simple issue. I'm thinking of holding McFadden into next week at least until that ruling comes down.

#5 polecatt

polecatt

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 2,124 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 11:10 AM

Nobody knows

It's week to week at this point and week 6 is their bye

Stashing Morris or McFadden isn't a bad idea if you have the roster space



#6 Phil Simms 11

Phil Simms 11

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 11:20 AM

This is a legal matter, nobody can give definitive advice.

#7 lesjroza

lesjroza

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 725 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 11:30 AM

Google

 

 

 

Some of the best threads on the topic are actually right here on this board.................. search here.

 

Google will give you at the top lots of general journalists who do not know the true ins and outs.

 

IMO (guesstimate) 75% chance the NFL loses its bid to quash the Mazzant ruling so Zeke continues to play, but that makes it a 25% chance he is back on suspension which is a lot higher odds than you are going to see most places. 

 

We should get a ruling this upcoming week on the bid to quash, but even then, it won't be decided definitively necessarily.

If for instance the 5th circuit over rules Mazzant based on the idea that it was the wrong jurisdiction for the NFLPA to have filed in, and/or doing so was too early since the arbitrator ruling hadn't come down..............then it just means the original process will start over once again with the ball in the court of the 5th circuit (pun intended).

 

The NFLPA will likely file for an immediate injunction based on the same reasoning they used in the Mazzant venue and they would have a reasonable chance of winning the same injunction in the 5th circuit.

 

So Zeke could be on suspension and off suspension, again next week, with 48 hours or so!

 

Look, I think the larger question is how much Mcfadden, Morris, and/or the rook would produce in the event Zeke does end up out..... and the truth is nobody knows. To me this is the heart of the matter and its not a legal question. When you go to start whoever it is in that first week you are not going to know how the RBs will be used and whether they will produce even if one used heavily. Its possible its a time share/work split for RBs and its probable the passing game takes a bigger share. My guess is hot hand comes into play as all 3 RBs will be active.

 

Maybe its back to Beasley targeted more often for instance, rather than the RB out of the backfield.

 

If it does work out your way, its not even like its for all season, just 6 weeks none of which is playoffs.

 

Meanwhile you are passing by every other WW prospect you had a chance to roster so you can hold one of the Dallas maybe's. It can work out of course, but its lower percentage play. Again all these thoughts and more are found here in other Zeke threads and its worth searching here.



#8 SaintsInDome2006

SaintsInDome2006

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 11:54 AM

 
 
 
Some of the best threads on the topic are actually right here on this board.................. search here.
 
Google will give you at the top lots of general journalists who do not know the true ins and outs.
 
IMO (guesstimate) 75% chance the NFL loses its bid to quash the Mazzant ruling so Zeke continues to play, but that makes it a 25% chance he is back on suspension which is a lot higher odds than you are going to see most places. 
 
We should get a ruling this upcoming week on the bid to quash, but even then, it won't be decided definitively necessarily.
If for instance the 5th circuit over rules Mazzant based on the idea that it was the wrong jurisdiction for the NFLPA to have filed in, and/or doing so was too early since the arbitrator ruling hadn't come down..............then it just means the original process will start over once again with the ball in the court of the 5th circuit (pun intended).
 
The NFLPA will likely file for an immediate injunction based on the same reasoning they used in the Mazzant venue and they would have a reasonable chance of winning the same injunction in the 5th circuit.
 
So Zeke could be on suspension and off suspension, again next week, with 48 hours or so!
 
Look, I think the larger question is how much Mcfadden, Morris, and/or the rook would produce in the event Zeke does end up out..... and the truth is nobody knows. To me this is the heart of the matter and its not a legal question. When you go to start whoever it is in that first week you are not going to know how the RBs will be used and whether they will produce even if one used heavily. Its possible its a time share/work split for RBs and its probable the passing game takes a bigger share. My guess is hot hand comes into play as all 3 RBs will be active.
 
Maybe its back to Beasley targeted more often for instance, rather than the RB out of the backfield.
 
If it does work out your way, its not even like its for all season, just 6 weeks none of which is playoffs.
 
Meanwhile you are passing by every other WW prospect you had a chance to roster so you can hold one of the Dallas maybe's. It can work out of course, but its lower percentage play. Again all these thoughts and more are found here in other Zeke threads and its worth searching here.



Great write up, thanks. About the prior postings. I enjoy this forum but one think that is a pain in the neck is the constant new threads. There are 3 other threads about the Elliott case, now plus this one. Might as well discuss it here.

I picked up McFadden this week because I thought there was a decent chance the court could rule on a pretty simple issue, and yet it didn't. It might be that they did not want to send the parties into chaos at the end of the week before the game, so maybe they rule pretty quickly Mon or Tue.

Like you said further up 25% chance of a lead back in the Dallas run game for 6 weeks is probably worth more than 100% chance of having one of 3-4 backs in the Seattle run game. But then the case will have to be remanded to Mazzant, then he will have to issue an order of dismissal, then EE could file in SDNY, get another injunction and then Dal has a meh matchup then a bye... it's a lot of work.

In response to another point above, it's *possible that EE could play week 7, then get suspended, then weeks 8-13 could be McFadden. Those are important weeks.



#9 Moemoney

Moemoney

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 12:11 PM

Thank you for your input everyone. I'm holding both for one more week. It may be a waste of space and I am definitely losing out on potential gems, but it's too important a lottery ticket to not play. I'm all in!

#10 lesjroza

lesjroza

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 725 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 12:14 PM

Great write up, thanks. About the prior postings. I enjoy this forum but one think that is a pain in the neck is the constant new threads. There are 3 other threads about the Elliott case, now plus this one. Might as well discuss it here.

I picked up McFadden this week because I thought there was a decent chance the court could rule on a pretty simple issue, and yet it didn't. It might be that they did not want to send the parties into chaos at the end of the week before the game, so maybe they rule pretty quickly Mon or Tue.

Like you said further up 25% chance of a lead back in the Dallas run game for 6 weeks is probably worth more than 100% chance of having one of 3-4 backs in the Seattle run game. But then the case will have to be remanded to Mazzant, then he will have to issue an order of dismissal, then EE could file in SDNY, get another injunction and then Dal has a meh matchup then a bye... it's a lot of work.

In response to another point above, it's *possible that EE could play week 6, then get suspended, then weeks 8-13 could be McFadden. Those are important weeks.

 

Agreed that this is certainly possible, but IMO its unlikely.

 

I agree that its a pain having a bunch of threads but I don't do 20 word answers for better or worse (I know many think its worse!) and I'm unwilling to type my own thoughts over and over again as its laborious.

 

So if anybody cares they can search other threads but the bottom line on my reasoning...........if it goes another couple of weeks without resolution (for '17) it gets to the point where all parties on the Zeke side are no longer aligned in motivation. There is a Zeke selfish viewpoint, an NFLPA viewpoint, and a Cowboys viewpoint. 

 

I think the 5th circuit will rule this week and depending how they rule and what the basis for that ruling is, all further maneuvering will be completed before the Cowboys bye week is over. If it goes against, and then against again, its probable the suspension is just accepted.

 

This will otherwise come to a point where Zeke/Cowboys will have more to lose than to gain by him continuing the fight knowing that its pretty likely he eventually serves this 6 games at some point in the future. Nothing set in stone here, and its just my opinion but its a long held opinion for me, I'm not making it up as I go or anything.

 

Edit:  I'm going on the assumption you meant week 7 in the typing above as the Cowboys are on bye week 6, I think I got what you are saying but don't want to confuse anybody



#11 lesjroza

lesjroza

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 725 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 12:53 PM

Thank you for your input everyone. I'm holding both for one more week. It may be a waste of space and I am definitely losing out on potential gems, but it's too important a lottery ticket to not play. I'm all in!

 

Sure, I get the feeling of sunk cost and its not like all of the guys who were available over the time you were holding are options now. You have to make a choice comparing what is actually there now and those 2. I wish you the best and hopefully if the legal stuff plays out in your favor you will get a strong read on who to start the first week and/or clarity from that first week's game. Good luck!



#12 Moemoney

Moemoney

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 01:01 PM

Thank u brother! I appreciate the feedback.

#13 SaintsInDome2006

SaintsInDome2006

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 01:24 PM

 

...

 

Edit:  I'm going on the assumption you meant week 7 in the typing above as the Cowboys are on bye week 6, I think I got what you are saying but don't want to confuse anybody

 

Right sorry fixed above, I meant he would play the following week, etc.



#14 SaintsInDome2006

SaintsInDome2006

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 01:27 PM

Fwiw if it helps these are the threads where I found discussion:

 

...1...

...2...

...3...



#15 Frozenbeernuts

Frozenbeernuts

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 17,690 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 02:22 PM

 
 
 
Some of the best threads on the topic are actually right here on this board.................. search here.
 
Google will give you at the top lots of general journalists who do not know the true ins and outs.
 
IMO (guesstimate) 75% chance the NFL loses its bid to quash the Mazzant ruling so Zeke continues to play, but that makes it a 25% chance he is back on suspension which is a lot higher odds than you are going to see most places. 
 
We should get a ruling this upcoming week on the bid to quash, but even then, it won't be decided definitively necessarily.
If for instance the 5th circuit over rules Mazzant based on the idea that it was the wrong jurisdiction for the NFLPA to have filed in, and/or doing so was too early since the arbitrator ruling hadn't come down..............then it just means the original process will start over once again with the ball in the court of the 5th circuit (pun intended).
 
The NFLPA will likely file for an immediate injunction based on the same reasoning they used in the Mazzant venue and they would have a reasonable chance of winning the same injunction in the 5th circuit.
 
So Zeke could be on suspension and off suspension, again next week, with 48 hours or so!
 
Look, I think the larger question is how much Mcfadden, Morris, and/or the rook would produce in the event Zeke does end up out..... and the truth is nobody knows. To me this is the heart of the matter and its not a legal question. When you go to start whoever it is in that first week you are not going to know how the RBs will be used and whether they will produce even if one used heavily. Its possible its a time share/work split for RBs and its probable the passing game takes a bigger share. My guess is hot hand comes into play as all 3 RBs will be active.
 
Maybe its back to Beasley targeted more often for instance, rather than the RB out of the backfield.
 
If it does work out your way, its not even like its for all season, just 6 weeks none of which is playoffs.
 
Meanwhile you are passing by every other WW prospect you had a chance to roster so you can hold one of the Dallas maybe's. It can work out of course, but its lower percentage play. Again all these thoughts and more are found here in other Zeke threads and its worth searching here.


I just thought this subject was done do death nearly.

#16 seafoam1

seafoam1

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 02:51 PM

I just thought this subject was done do death nearly.


Aww... C'mon man. Everyone loves a Gilligan's Island rerun. Or Three's Company for that matter. This one is called Elliot's Turd Life. Tune in when possible...

#17 SaintsInDome2006

SaintsInDome2006

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 03:03 PM

I just thought this subject was done do death nearly.


The appeal is a new avenue for the NFL to win.

#18 weepaws

weepaws

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 14,517 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 03:24 PM

I think in a ppr leagues you must go with McFadden.

But non ppr I would go with Morris.

Either way it's a tough situation that will lead to a unhappy thanksgiving day.
Godswillbedone

Isaiah 12:2. Luke 14:23. Daniel 4:37. 2 Kings 17:39. Nahum 1:7.
Psalm 34:18. Ezra 8:22. 2 Corinthians 1:3. Ezekiel 36:26.
1 John 3:16. Lamentations 3:25. Proverbs 10:27. Ephesians 6:13
Proverbs 15:29. Proverbs 18:12. 1 John 2:1-2. Ephesians 6:19.
Proverbs 23:12. Psalm 121:7-8. Ephesians 1:7. Deuteronomy 28:11-13.
2 Peter 3:9. Isaiah 5:21. Proverbs 11:2. Matthews 5:16.
Psalm 58:11. Ezekiel 33:11-13. Hosea 14:9. Psalm 100:4.
John 3:3-7. Philippians 2:11. Titus 2:11-14. Ephesians 4:2
1 Timothy 1:15. Psalm 119:6. Proverbs 22:4. Psalm 46:1.

#19 Bad Mojo

Bad Mojo

    FF Rookie

  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:49 AM

NFL Manhattan Federal Court lawsuit over Dallas Cowboys Ezekiel Elliott'six game suspension is temporarily on hold

#20 Challenger

Challenger

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:13 AM

NFL Manhattan Federal Court lawsuit over Dallas Cowboys Ezekiel Elliott'six game suspension is temporarily on hold

 

I think Jerry reversal on the whole flag stand is to cozy up with Goodell. The calculated billionaires probably reached some under the table deals, really no reason for them to waste all that money on lawyers. 



#21 Jarvis Basnight

Jarvis Basnight

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 8,604 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:00 AM

I hope it blows up in his plastic face. I despise that guy and Elliott as well. Feel sorry for good guys like Dak and Witten on that team. Hope they never ever have any success.
Charles Woodson - Heisman Trophy+National Championship+DPOY+Super Bowl+Philanthropist=Winning at Life!

#22 jgcrawfish

jgcrawfish

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 13,495 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:43 PM

Court of appeals just vacated the injuction!  Appeal expected...McFadden or Morris?  



"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

#23 RedzoneMonster

RedzoneMonster

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:47 PM

I picked up Morris.  No idea though..



#24 weepaws

weepaws

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 14,517 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:53 PM

I hope it blows up in his plastic face. I despise that guy and Elliott as well. Feel sorry for good guys like Dak and Witten on that team. Hope they never ever have any success.


I think they've already had success.
Godswillbedone

Isaiah 12:2. Luke 14:23. Daniel 4:37. 2 Kings 17:39. Nahum 1:7.
Psalm 34:18. Ezra 8:22. 2 Corinthians 1:3. Ezekiel 36:26.
1 John 3:16. Lamentations 3:25. Proverbs 10:27. Ephesians 6:13
Proverbs 15:29. Proverbs 18:12. 1 John 2:1-2. Ephesians 6:19.
Proverbs 23:12. Psalm 121:7-8. Ephesians 1:7. Deuteronomy 28:11-13.
2 Peter 3:9. Isaiah 5:21. Proverbs 11:2. Matthews 5:16.
Psalm 58:11. Ezekiel 33:11-13. Hosea 14:9. Psalm 100:4.
John 3:3-7. Philippians 2:11. Titus 2:11-14. Ephesians 4:2
1 Timothy 1:15. Psalm 119:6. Proverbs 22:4. Psalm 46:1.

#25 lesjroza

lesjroza

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 725 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:54 PM

Court of appeals just vacated the injuction!  Appeal expected...McFadden or Morris?  

 

 

We just don't know...............I went with McFadden only because its PPR and I had some sense there was potential he was inactive to "save" him but that was pure speculation on my part and the Cowboys publicly were saying Morris won the backup job. Still didn't compute with me though.



#26 lesjroza

lesjroza

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 725 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:56 PM

I'm not sure where the dude with the "1% chance it could happen" is, but there you go. I guess my 25% wasn't so ridiculous after all.

 

The whole process starts over again now, I haven't seen the ruling yet but if it is on the basis it was the wrong venue there is a very reasonable chance he gets another injunction from the 5th circuit.



#27 jgcrawfish

jgcrawfish

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 13,495 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:56 PM

I picked up McFadden in 2 leagues.  He was the backup last year, and rumor is only inactive this year because of non-special teams play.  we'll see what happens. 



"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

#28 jgcrawfish

jgcrawfish

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 13,495 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:57 PM

I'm sure where the dude with the 1% chance it could happen is but there you go. I guess my 25% wasn't so ridiculous after all.

 

The whole process starts over again now, I haven't seen the ruling yet but if it is on the basis it was the wrong venue there is a very reasonable chance he gets another injunction from the 5th circuit.

and he has an extra week to accomplish it because of the bye.



"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

#29 Phil Simms 11

Phil Simms 11

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:58 PM

I picked up McFadden in 2 leagues.  He was the backup last year, and rumor is only inactive this year because of non-special teams play.  we'll see what happens. 


However Morris played no special teams so that was incorrect.

#30 RaiderHater's Revenge

RaiderHater's Revenge

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:59 PM

Rod Smith


Prof Stats- 12 man PPR Superflex, 4pt passing, 2 Keeps

 

QB- Mariota (4), Semian (FA)

RB- Leveon (K), Gordon (K), TWest (6), Thompson (10), Carson (12)

WR- Crabtree (2), Hill (T), Coleman (5), JJNelson (FA)

TE- Reed (T), Eifert (9)

IR- Coleman (5), Woodhead (7)


#31 murf74

murf74

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 14,235 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:00 PM

Went McFadden
........+
Steelers +
........+
THE NFL'S ONLY 6 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

#32 jgcrawfish

jgcrawfish

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 13,495 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:03 PM

However Morris played no special teams so that was incorrect.

While he might not have played, he has in the past done so, where McFadden hasn't.  It's all speculation at this point.  I grabbed McFadden, told a friend to grab Morris, figured it's like a coinflip for us. 



"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

#33 huskyhater75

huskyhater75

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:08 PM

Al Morris



#34 Brutal Brutus

Brutal Brutus

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 788 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:08 PM

Grabbed both. I'll probably try and trade them to the Elliot owner. 



#35 rrmcguire

rrmcguire

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:11 PM

Would you drop Gallman McGuire or Marlon Mack for McFadden?

#36 American Chewy

American Chewy

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 2,742 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:12 PM

I grabbed morris. Another owner grabbed mcfadden. Exact same minute. Neither of us own elliot. Honestly it sucks that this didn't happen before waivers Tuesday night.

#37 Antiramie

Antiramie

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:20 PM

Dropped Mack for McFadden



#38 rrmcguire

rrmcguire

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:21 PM

Dropped Gallman for McFadden

Still have Demarco Kamara Tevin McGuire Mack

#39 SpenceToons

SpenceToons

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:22 PM

Dropped Collins for McFadden



#40 Phil Simms 11

Phil Simms 11

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:23 PM

If it's upheld let's all hope McFad is the choice.