Sign in to follow this  
vuduchile

Garrett has learned nothing.

We all know who is controlling the strings in Dallas.

We all know who likes to take credit for anything there in Big D, even though we all know it was Jimmy that orchestrated the deal that setup the success.

Since Jimmy, it has been all promise.

To blame Garrett is to blame him

Frankly, I frequently find that his decisions are poor decisions.

Though, I have been informed from this website that there are "family" that attempt to control things

Perhaps is time the family take the helm.

Though, I have been informed from this website that there are "family" that attempt to control things

Perhaps is time the family take the helm.

stephen and mcclay have been increasingly empowered in recent years, and both are committed to garrett's personnel/scheme vision. the close collaboration of those 3 guys is why drafting has improved drastically over the last 4 years.

Mike Tomlin: Man, I'm starting to believe I might be the worst coach in the league at this time management stuff.

Jason Garrett: Here, hold my beer...

You cannot, under any circumstances, leave Rodgers with that kind of time. You know it, the players know it, the fans know it, and Rodgers damn sure knows it.

Dallas is going nowhere with that defense. It's not the HC.

Now, they should just run all day to kill clock and keep the D off the field. Like last year.

We all know who is controlling the strings in Dallas.

To blame Garrett is to blame him

Frankly, I frequently find that his decisions are poor decisions.

Dallas is going nowhere with that defense. It's not the HC.

Now, they should just run all day to kill clock and keep the D off the field. Like last year.

As song said, Stephen and Will have slowly assumed more control over this team.. Will McClay is proof positive of this alone - "old" Jerry would have never allowed a co-pilot in the cockpit......... Not that Jerry still doesn't have his thumb on the pulse of his team, but the last time I remember him making a total totalitarian, F-You this is my team move was the Mo Claiborne pick... Mo had fallen to the 6th pick and Jerry, going against the scouts, going against the room, w/out ever even bringing Claiborne in for a workout - made the trade with the Rams and moved up to take him... Of course it turned out to be a total bust of a move - but that's really the last time I remember Jerry pulling rank.

That being said, the onus of the blame, the continual failures of this team - they all fall on Jason Garrett's shoulders.... Most blown home (double digit) leads since 2010, clock mismanagements, poor decision making, untimely time outs, head scratching philosophies, did I mention poor clock awareness?

My ultimate Red Garrett blunder, his crowning moment of failure - I've chronicled many times since last year... It was the opening drive of last year's Divisional playoff game against GB. The infamous 3rd and 2 on GBs 32 yard line (yada, yada, yada)... . But in relation to this GB game and the controversial 2nd and 1... Like the thread title states, Jason Garrett hasn't leaned a damn thing.... 2014 Divisional game - Red/Marinelli and this defense couldn't stop a 1-legged Aaron Rodgers - he basically scored at will since the end of the 1st half... 2016 Divisional game - Red/Marinelli and this defense couldn't stop Aaron Rodgers, for 4 qtrs. in fact, highlighted by the game winning drive Rodgers pulled off with 35 seconds left in the game (35 seconds that Red gifted to GB by virtue of the boneheaded ball spike just moments before)........Fast forward to this past Sunday... 2nd and 1, GBs 11 yard line, 1:24 left, 2 TOs left - and Red does what he always does when he panics, he chunks it... Now don't give me this "Dak has run/pass options" crap and don't give me this "Linehan" calls the plays - bullshiit. When you're in charge - be in damn charge, you tell your staff and you're qb what you are going to do... By throwing it you stopped the clock for GB, and even had you completed it - you would have only given Rodgers even all the more time... GB had a TO left, great - make them burn it. You have 11 yards and 2 TOs to get it done - and the added bonus of YOU get to control the clock. You can always still throw it, but do it later, burn some clock.

Red/Marinelli and this defense didn't stop Rodgers in 2014, Red/Marinelli and this defense couldn't stop Rodgers with 35 seconds left last year - with S. Lee out and a secondary full of rookies - what in the hell made him think he could stop Rodgers now? This movie keeps replaying itself over and over - and Red continues to shiit the bed - why? Bcoz he's not leaned a damn thing......

As song said, Stephen and Will have slowly assumed more control over this team.. Will McClay is proof positive of this alone - "old" Jerry would have never allowed a co-pilot in the cockpit......... Not that Jerry still doesn't have his thumb on the pulse of his team, but the last time I remember him making a total totalitarian, F-You this is my team move was the Mo Claiborne pick...

Maybe Jerry has bigger fish to fry, banning anyone who protests the anthem from playing. Not to take sides on that issue here, just saying that he's exerting totalitarian power there. According to him, it will not be a coach's decision who plays if that player protests. Jerry says he's out. I'm not in the Jerry-is-the Devil camp, but he does seem to have a bit of a limited attention span--monomaniacal, I think the term is.

Dumb coaches don't understand how offense, special teams, and defense need to work together to help each other out. Smart coaches understand this.