Sign in to follow this  
rrmcguire

Waiver pickups for week 6?

It's thin. Real thin. May be a good buy low week instead. Lots of candidates.

It's thin. Real thin. May be a good buy low week instead. Lots of candidates.

Yeah, you might just want to sit back and grab Cooper when his owner throws him to the curb. Might not be worth picking up though.

Lewis wr for the Gmen,

Don't look now, but Ricardo Louis has averaged 8 targets per game since Coleman went down with a broken hand. In fact, he has been the Brown's best receiver in those weeks outperforming Britt and Higgins combined. Whether it's Britt's lack of effort, or HIggins lack of size, I think Louis is the WR to own moving forward (that's not saying much). This week he gets the Texans who will be playing without Watt and Mercilus which could mean Kizer could get a little more time in the backfield... tack on to that a suddenly explosive Texans offense, and you could see the Browns having to play from behind most of the day. This week he will either draw Joseph at CB (who is 4" shorter than Louis) or Johnson/Jackson (Johnson is dealing with a knee injury that kept him out of the KC game.)

1% owned... I think that climbs after this week.

• Like 1

Don't look now, but Ricardo Louis has averaged 8 targets per game since Coleman went down with a broken hand. In fact, he has been the Brown's best receiver in those weeks outperforming Britt and Higgins combined. Whether it's Britt's lack of effort, or HIggins lack of size, I think Louis is the WR to own moving forward (that's not saying much). This week he gets the Texans who will be playing without Watt and Mercilus which could mean Kizer could get a little more time in the backfield... tack on to that a suddenly explosive Texans offense, and you could see the Browns having to play from behind most of the day. This week he will either draw Joseph at CB (who is 4" shorter than Louis) or Johnson/Jackson (Johnson is dealing with a knee injury that kept him out of the KC game.)

1% owned... I think that climbs after this week.

It might not change the Louis outlook, but will Kizer even start going forward?

It might not change the Louis outlook, but will Kizer even start going forward?

Very true... looking into the last two weeks the targets went like this

vs NYJ 8 targets, 3 Kizer, 5 Hogan

vs CIN 9 targets 4 Kizer, 5 Hogan

so definitely hard to say, mostly even with a slight potential uptick when Hogan was in.

At RB, I think A. Jones might be available in most leagues. TE Ed Dickson obviously! TE Griffin of Texans could worth picking up or even George Kittle of the 49ers. Might think about TE Harris as Kelce has a concussion. At WR, maybe Will Fuller is available in some leagues or Marquis Goodwin.

Lost Clay and have no confidence in Engram @ Denver.

ASJ is the first TE I'm targeting. If I can't get him I'm going to try to get Dickson.

I would think Engram should have a decent game against Denver, with all their other receiving options out.....I too lost Clay and have Jimmy Graham on a bye

other options are Dickson, Hunter Henry, Kittle, Ryan Griffin(they are playing Cleveland***)

I would think Engram should have a decent game against Denver, with all their other receiving options out.....I too lost Clay and have Jimmy Graham on a bye

other options are Dickson, Hunter Henry, Kittle, Ryan Griffin(they are playing Cleveland***)

They lost two WRs early in this weeks game and Engram still only had 4 targets and 0 catches.

I shudder thinking of what Broncos pass D is gonna do to Eli and that O-line.

A word of caution with ASJ. Part of his success against Cleveland was scheme. They play the safety 20 yards off the line of scrimmage. ASJ might be good, but he might have been the most open player all day Sunday (minus the TD to Kearse).

Mack and Brieda are probably the only RB's not owned in most leagues that are worth a look.

Was going to say the same.

John brown may be on waivers...he's getting healthy, getting targets.

Lewis wr for the Gmen,

Thought about him but the Giants have Denver, Seattle and then a bye. I honestly would not feel comfortable spending a high waiver/big budget on Lewis. I might let others grab him and pick up Travis Rudolph for free once waivers clear.

Thought about him but the Giants have Denver, Seattle and then a bye. I honestly would not feel comfortable spending a high waiver/big budget on Lewis. I might let others grab him and pick up Travis Rudolph for free once waivers clear.

Lol yeah I see your point.

McKinnon might have locked into as Vikings starter, completely outplayed Murray inside yards and as a receiver....Improved O-Line allowed McKinnon play up to his athletic physical talent & explosive speed....Could be a better waiver wire pickup over Marlon Mack , with higher useage as seen in the Vikes/Bears game.....

Is McKinnon who we think he is though? It's sort of the known with him that makes you think it's just one game.

Is McKinnon who we think he is though? It's sort of the known with him that makes you think it's just one game.

Not sure, but Lat Murray sure looks like guy we thought he was, minus the volume.

Was going to say the same.

John brown may be on waivers...he's getting healthy, getting targets.

Yeah, he is probably the best available of the WRs.

He should be getting plenty of touches....that is what makes him valuable, esp. in PPR.

McK's issue has always been mental. Has all the physical tools, but couldn't see holes, wasn't patient, etc. I didn't see the game last night--was able to listen to the radio enough for Boomer Esiason to declare Trubisky the second coming of the love child of Tom Brady and Steve Young after two drives. Did McK succeed by being able to see plays develop, see the field, etc? If so, then I think he might finally have come around.

I really believe McKinnon was aided in watching Cook, both are similar in size with McKinnon even a little faster and both being decent receivers...remember...Mckinnon college career at Georgia Southern he played mostly QB, again the O-Line improvement in 2017 plays heavy in possibly allowing McKinnon to showcase his true ability....

A word of caution with ASJ. Part of his success against Cleveland was scheme. They play the safety 20 yards off the line of scrimmage. ASJ might be good, but he might have been the most open player all day Sunday (minus the TD to Kearse).

Im willing to take my chances vs NE.

If we're talking TE's Njoku might be worth a look. Especially considering how weak that position is this year.

Peterson just traded to Arizona. Just great I picked up Ellington last week.

Not sure AD is going to do much behind the sorry Ari O line

Glad to see they moved on from that ugly situation. Guy won't have much luck with that o-line though.

it might be like when Emmit went to the Cards

over 1000 total yards and 9 TDs his last year in AZ; highly inefficient in actual play but that doesn't matter for fantasy purposes.

Peterson just traded to Arizona. Just great I picked up Ellington last week.

Not sure AD is going to do much behind the sorry Ari O line

I don't see Ellington being affected at all. He will still get his catches and occasional carries. I picked him up last week as well. Not worried. ADP is basically just swapping roles with Chris Johnson.

I see Andre Ellington being affected because I was hoping he would become a 3 down back.

I see Andre Ellington being affected because I was hoping he would become a 3 down back.

Ellington never had a chance at being a three down back. He's proven to be too brittle to take repeated hits between the tackles. His passing role will likely stay the same with Peterson. However, the wide receiving core being healthy will change the volume he sees.

What about Elijah McGuire with the Jets? He could be worth something if Powell can't go.

McK was always a third down back and with the offensive line being worthless he spent more time staying in than going out. I just picked up Mck and Peterson - probably not to play, but will watch. I am carrying an extra RB right now. I still do not understand McCaffrey I wanted him thinking Stewart would get hurt, tired or sleepy, but touches are still going elsewhere.

Peterson does not know how to do anything else, and may be his last chance to have a job.

Mckinnon may get some play the next couple of games. I hope they take him off of the kickoff return.

Signs point to Kizer being benched, which could mean a slight uptick in targets for Ricardo Louis... I think his floor is 5-50 this week, which is not bad in a deep league if you are desperate (injuries/byes)