Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Colin Kaepernick collusion case is heating up!

Well think about it thos way. The CBA is an agreement to protectboth sides. The NFL job market is limited. If each of the teams makes an independent decision not to sign a player he is forced out. The NFLPA can't allow that. Therefore 1 team colluding is no different than 2 or 32. Look in the CBA under collusion. It's right there.

It also CLEARLY states in the CBA that failure to sign a player is NOT collusion. Sorry Kaep. That is how it goes and you have to abide by the CBA. Ask Tom Brady.

"The failure by a Club or Clubs to negotiate, to submit Offer Sheets, or to sign contracts with Restricted Free Agents or Transition Players, or to negotiate, make offers, or sign contracts for the playing services of such players or Unrestricted Free Agents, shall not, by itself or in combination be considered collusion. "

In other words. He is fuckedd.

Also 80

It also CLEARLY states in the CBA that failure to sign a player is NOT collusion. Sorry Kaep. That is how it goes and you have to abide by the CBA. Ask Tom Brady.

"The failure by a Club or Clubs to negotiate, to submit Offer Sheets, or to sign contracts with Restricted Free Agents or Transition Players, or to negotiate, make offers, or sign contracts for the playing services of such players or Unrestricted Free Agents, shall not, by itself or in combination be considered collusion. "

He has to prove that they had some sort of policy, even if it was implied. I don't think it will be hard to prove. In fact I would think the NFL would settle.

He has to prove that they had some sort of policy, even if it was implied. I don't think it will be hard to prove. In fact I would think the NFL would settle.

Unless 2 or more teams got together and said...I won't hire him if you don't. It's not collusion. Just talking about him is not collusion. Hell telling another owner that you have no intention of signing him is not collusion. Unless some teams are stupid enough to get caught red handed he won't win. No way the NFL settles at all. It would open an avalanche of copycat cases when a player is no longer wanted.

We should be talking about collusion on the mange bored. It's always a fun topic there. :lol:

We should be talking about collusion on the mange bored. It's always a fun topic there. :lol:

I don't associate with ...THOSE people.

Unless 2 or more teams got together and said...I won't hire him if you don't. It's not collusion. Just talking about him is not collusion. Hell telling another owner that you have no intention of signing him is not collusion. Unless some teams are stupid enough to get caught red handed he won't win. No way the NFL settles at all. It would open an avalanche of copycat cases when a player is no longer wanted.

Nope. Teams are required to act in good faith.

Section 2. Other Club Conduct: No Club may have a policy not to negotiate with, or enter into a Player Contract with, any player who is free to negotiate and sign a Player Contract with any Club, on any of the following grounds, if such policy is inconsistent with Section 1 above: (a) that the player has previously been subject to the exclusive negotiating rights obtained by another Club in a College Draft, by virtue of a Required Tender to a player with less than three Accrued Seasons, or a Franchise Player designation; or (that the player has refused or failed to enter into a Player Contract for a prior season containing a Right of First Refusal or an option clause (i.e., any clause that authorizes an extension or renewal by a Club of a Player Contract beyond its stated term); © that the player has become a Restricted Free Agent or an Unrestricted Free Agent; or (d) that the player is or has been subject to any Right of First Refusal.

I don't associate with ...THOSE people.

Racist :mad:

Section 2. Other Club Conduct: No Club may have a policy not to negotiate with, or enter into a Player Contract with, any player who is free to negotiate and sign a Player Contract with any Club, on any of the following grounds, if such policy is inconsistent with Section 1 above: (a) that the player has previously been subject to the exclusive negotiating rights obtained by another Club in a College Draft, by virtue of a Required Tender to a player with less than three Accrued Seasons, or a Franchise Player designation; or (that the player has refused or failed to enter into a Player Contract for a prior season containing a Right of First Refusal or an option clause (i.e., any clause that authorizes an extension or renewal by a Club of a Player Contract beyond its stated term); © that the player has become a Restricted Free Agent or an Unrestricted Free Agent; or (d) that the player is or has been subject to any Right of First Refusal.

Just talking about him and telling another owner your feeling does not constituent a contract. One team is going to do what it needs independent of the others wishes. You think that if Jerry Jones thought he could win a superbowl with Kaepernick he would take the word of Bob Kraft not to sign him? No focking way.

My eyes hurt and you're giving me a headache. Can you highlight the relevant bits?

My eyes hurt and you're giving me a headache. Can you highlight the relevant bits?

It's poorly written. Paraphrased: if a player has played in the nfl, no team can have a policy against signing him once he is available to be signed. Basically it's a anti blackball clause.

It's poorly written. Paraphrased: if a player has played in the nfl, no team can have a policy against signing him once he is available to be signed. Basically it's a anti blackball clause.

so is a decision by an owner not to sign him a policy or a decision based off the economic impact such a signing would have on a team?

He's one of the dumbest focks out there. He should get in on that concussion settlement. No one will question him.

Hmmm... Rae Carruth just got out of prison recentty....

Hmmm... Rae Carruth just got out of prison recentty....

Gets out October 22

Other than OJ who gets out for murder and attempted murder before they are 50?

Gets out October 22

Other than OJ who gets out for murder and attempted murder before they are 50?

Thousands of people do.

Average prison sentence for murder

The mean prison sentence for murder and nonnegligent manslaughter was nearly 20 years and 8 months; the median was 24 years and 3 months.

Time servered is much less.

First-degree attempted murder carries greater penalties and often means a life sentence with the possibility of parole. Offenders typically spend at least 10 years in prison, although mandatory minimum sentences for attempting to murder a public official may be 10 to 15 years.

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2018/08/20/kaepernick-lead-attorney-elway-violated-order-not-to-discuss-collusion-case/

Denver Broncos General Manager John Elway told reporters last week, that Colin Kaepernick “had his chance” to be a Bronco. Specifically, Elway told of how the Broncos presented Kaepernick with a contract, which the former 49er declined.
However, according to Colin Kaepernick’s lead attorney, Elway’s explanation of his offer to Kaepernick violated an order not to discuss his client’s collusion case against the NFL.
So he was offered a job but like other collusion stories, it doesn't hold up to scrutiny.

Is a reason why a geragos is so pissed off. Elway completely up the whole bullshit narrative that all the owners were colluding against hiring Kaepernick. Geragos was so pissed off he even brought up head injury humor. Nice. You sleazebag.

Geragos by the way is Kaepernick's lawyer.

And he just lost a zillion dollars.

Elways point is stupid. The kneeling started in 2016.....from ESPNs article on it....

Elway met with Kaepernick twice in 2016 as the Broncos and San Francisco 49ers tried to work out a trade that would have sent Kaepernick to Denver. At the time, the Broncos wanted to trim Kaepernick's guaranteed salary from $11.9 million to $7 million, whether that would involve the 49ers paying the difference or Kaepernick simply taking the pay cut.

After several rounds of discussion between the two teams, as well as a face-to-face meeting between Elway and Kaepernick at Elway's house, a deal was not completed.

The attempt to trade for Kaepernick fell though just weeks before the 2016 draft and the Broncos traded up in the first round that year to select Lynch

And if this doesnt demonstrate how you are getting bs information from sites like Breitbart that only have a goal of fanning flames, even if they have to mislead to do so, then I guess there is simply no help for you.

Just look at Geragos reaction to understand what's happening. I don't think specific timing matters much here guys.

He's not picking apart the timing and specifics like you guys are. There's a reason for that. He knows the takeaway is simply Kaepernick was offered a job and turned it down. End of story.

G knows he lost sympathy and money and, right or wrong, the high ground.

Just look at Geragos reaction to understand what's happening. I don't think specific timing matters much here guys.

He's not picking apart the timing and specifics like you guys are. There's a reason for that. He knows the takeaway is simply Kaepernick was offered a job and turned it down. End of story.

G knows he lost sympathy and money and, right or wrong, the high ground.

I havent looked into Geragos reaction and am not even sure who he is. I assume he is Kaeps Lawyer?

But how can you say the specific timing doesnt matter? Kaep is claiming they are colluding against him for kneeling. He started doing so in September of 2016. So how is Denver being interested in him in June of 2016 even something someone is mentioning in connection with the possible collusion?

Tomorrow, Breitbart plans to publish an article pointing out that the 49ers traded up to draft Kaepernick, so this is proof that teams didnt collude against him for kneeling during the anthem. And someone will rush here to post it. :lol:

nobody colluded, if teams thought him being on the team made them a better team weighed against the controversy, he would have gotten a job

not worth the headache, not worth the backlash, just to sign a backup QB, who for all intensive purposes wanted starters salary

he opted out of his job in SF, tough

go get a real job you crybaby

• Like 1

Tomorrow, Breitbart plans to publish an article pointing out that the 49ers traded up to draft Kaepernick, so this is proof that teams didnt collude against him for kneeling during the anthem. And someone will rush here to post it. :lol:

See...This type of dumbassery poasting is why you lost Guice for the season, El Padrone.

Karma, bro. Karma

Poor Derrius :(

The very first reply was a Hillarv attack. How is this Kaepernick story related in any way to the Clintons? Don't be such an ass hole all your life. :doh:

Jesus Christ you are a snowflake.

The post was about smashing phones and getting away with it, not sure what that has to do with politics.

There are dozens of players who kneel every week and they still have a job. Kap trying to blame owners for colluding against him because of kneeling doesn't hold up.

Kap doesn't have a job because his own perceived value does not match up with how teams see his value. If he was willing to play for backup QB money he could probably sign somewhere tomorrow.

• Like 1

Jesus Christ you are a snowflake.

The post was about smashing phones and getting away with it, not sure what that has to do with politics.

fwiw, you are responding to a Newbiejr alias from almost a year ago.

Vick got a job or three after running a dog concentration camp. Because he was good.

If he lets me turn him upsidedown and mop my floor with his hair, I'll give him $5.

• Like 1

nobody colluded, if teams thought him being on the team made them a better team weighed against the controversy, he would have gotten a job

not worth the headache, not worth the backlash, just to sign a backup QB, who for all intensive purposes wanted starters salary

he opted out of his job in SF, tough ######

go get a real job you crybaby

This.

Funny libtards take up for this guy and parrot the stupid he spouts. Ever hear him talk? Borderline retarded

Brietbart has a story this morning citing the fact that The University of Nevada offered Kaepernick a scholarship as proof that nobody in football has colluded against him for kneeling during the national anthem. John Elway and FilthyFernando were both seen high fiving at finally having the proof they needed to claim personal victory over Kaepernicks supporters.

Vick got a job or three after running a dog concentration camp. Because he was good.

He also served his time and America loves to forgive. And he was good.

Quit his current job and turned down a new one.

If his talent outweighed the headache of having him on your team, he would be signed. That is how things work for every athlete on the planet.

Also, backups shouldn't expect starter money.

HTH

It's time to move on.

Quit his current job and turned down a new one.

After quitting his current job, what new job did he turn down again?

After quitting his current job, what new job did he turn down again?

My bad, he turned down a new job then quit his current job.

Thanks for keeping me honest..

I don't really care about Kaepernick's case. If all the teams individually came to their own conclusion that the circus he brings isn't worth the headache (totally believable), then they are innocent. If teams and the league discussed it with each other and agreed the circus he brings isn't worth the headache (totally believable), then they are guilty of collusion.....Feels like a 50/50 bet to me, and I just hope whichever occurred is what the verdict ends up as being.

But I do care about the fact that so many of us fall for stories like the Broncos offering him a deal (long before anyone would have had any reason to blackball him) as being proof he wasn't later blackballed. That is an example of Elway intentionally misleading the public for his purposes, and Brietbart simply writing an article designed to fool its readers and fan the flames.....and people just fall for the lie without a moments thought because it suits their purpose. Then we wonder why we are divided.