Sign in to follow this  
joneo

Stay Klassy Kanye

but he's trendy and thousands of 15 year olds love him, he has to be a genius.

I guess I am just a dumbass then

I guess I am just a dumbass then

Notwithstanding your self assessment, one must embrace the dearth of wiggers and other idiots, they are so enlightened an what not :P

Notwithstanding your self assessment, one must embrace the dearth of wiggers and other idiots, they are so enlightened an what not :P

:lol:

I'll admit it. I focking hate hip hop. It is by and large trash. And culturally and intellectually bankrupt.

But that's just my opinion. If y'all like it,go for it.

I will admit that the music itself isn't bad in those songs. If you had someone singing over it, with some lyrics that are remotely meaningful, then it might be good. Unfortunately some arrogant doosh keeps babbling.

This is pretty much my assesment right now as well. I loved Hip Hop back in the day, when I was a teenager and didn't know any better. Now, no matter how cool the 'music' is behind it, the babblin doosh ruins it. Plus hip hop live,on stage sucks even if you like it. I went to one hip hop concert in my lifetime. This was when I actually liked it, and it was awful. It sounded nothing like the CD/radio version and was a disaster.

If you can't replicate the genius live, on a stage as good as you can in some studio with all these gadgets then you are no genius. Period.

This is pretty much my assesment right now as well. I loved Hip Hop back in the day, when I was a teenager and didn't know any better. Now, no matter how cool the 'music' is behind it, the babblin doosh ruins it. Plus hip hop live,on stage sucks even if you like it. I went to one hip hop concert in my lifetime. This was when I actually liked it, and it was awful. It sounded nothing like the CD/radio version and was a disaster.

If you can't replicate the genius live, on a stage as good as you can in some studio with all these gadgets then you are no genius. Period.

Then how would you know? :doh:

Then how would you know? :doh:

Agreed, my sample size was a bit low. :)

But even the hip hop performances on award shows or on TV are rarely, if ever as good as they are on radio/cd. Agreed? Even when I know the songs, like on the Grammy's or whatnot, when its a live performance the only thing good is usually the scandaly clad wimmins shaking their booty. The 'music' is nowhere as good as the radio version.

Other music genre's can actually be just as good if not better LIVE. All this is my opinion though as of course this is a subjective topic.

I decided to take the Pepsi challenge and actually listen to Kanye's music. All I knew about him is that he can be an a$$hat. Old Maid suggested that his first LP was a work of genius. I looked it up and figure that would be "College Dropout".

I sat down and listened to the whole thing. I really liked it and want to hear it again. I would certainly say that it is well produced and not over produced. He uses a lot of short instrumental hooks, like on an acoustic piano or electric guitar, but doesn't use the instruments non-stop during the whole song: Just a little use of the instruments for effect in an economical way. I would also say that I never heard anything like it before. I think the work is both accessible and unique at the same time.

The man has 21 Grammy's. Some low rent artist with a gimmick or two is not going to fool the Grammy voters 21 times.

I decided to take the Pepsi challenge and actually listen to Kanye's music. All I knew about him is that he can be an a$$hat. Old Maid suggested that his first LP was a work of genius. I looked it up and figure that would be "College Dropout".

I sat down and listened to the whole thing. I really liked it and want to hear it again. I would certainly say that it is well produced and not over produced. He uses a lot of short instrumental hooks, like on an acoustic piano or electric guitar, but doesn't use the instruments non-stop during the whole song: Just a little use of the instruments for effect in an economical way. I would also say that I never heard anything like it before. I think the work is both accessible and unique at the same time.

The man has 21 Grammy's. Some low rent artist with a gimmick or two is not going to fool the Grammy voters 21 times.

I think I :wub: you.

Also, I glad you liked it.

Can't wait for Kanye to beat the shiit outta Kim. You know it's in their blood. :ninja:

Then will we blame the commissioner of crappy shiit-ass music for it happening?

Dude, I actually read it to the bottom to where they had every magazine or blog or watevers opinion on who their top or favorites are.

All that I'm trying to say here is that music as far as what we enjoy listening to is subjective.

You might like the way Kayne sings / produces / performs / etc. his music because he reaches you on a certain level in your life right now or earlier, fine. I totally get that. :cheers:

Where you are failing in this is linking a music critic site to back up your love for your artist.

Unlike many here, I do enjoy his style of music. No question about it. I guess I initially took offense when you called him a 'musical genius'. That, I will argue with.

I have no problem with this post.

It sounds like we agree he is extremely talented as a writer, producer, and overall artist. And we seem to generally agree he puts out high quality work.

As for the "genius" tag....I dunno. What makes someone a genius in their given craft? Do we overuse or or underuse the term? That's a different debate. I may overuse the term, but I'm also comfortable using it about an artist even if I don't care for their brand of art. In regards to Kanye, people can dislike rap/hip hop all they want, but they should still recognize that very few artists in any genre have continually put out such high quality over and over again.

He was good on The Cleveland Show.

I can't post videos properly on my phone. :mad:

http://dailycurrant.com/2014/09/17/kanye-scores-106-points-against-wheelchair-basketball-team/

Kanye destroys Gary's in basketball.

"

Kanye Scores 106 Points Against Wheelchair Basketball Team

A charity basketball game didnt go exactly as planned yesterday when Kanye West scored 106 points against a team of handicapped children in wheelchairs.

The game was a PR move intended to smooth over the controversy that erupted this week between Kanye and the disabled community. At one of his concerts recently West repeatedly asked wheelchaired fans to stand, and refused to apologize for his mistake afterwards.

The Basketball Wheelchair Charity for Cancer event pitted disabled middle school children against Kanye and his entourage. Kanyes team seemed hesitant to play as hard since they were not also in wheelchairs as originally planned.

Organizers said, Both teams were supposed to be playing in wheelchairs but Kanyes camp said Mr. West would be playing the normal way. The kids were initially excited to play basketball with one of their favorite musicians but once the game started, they knew it wasn't going to be fun.

Eighth grader Tommy Smith told reporters, We play with shorter basketball hoops and he was dunking all over us. The smack talk got out of hand and some of our players started crying.

Disabled sports has seen a huge increase in athletes as technology and funding has improved. With international leagues and national leagues, wheelchair basketball has become the most popular Paralympic sport.

Smith, who dreams of playing in the National Wheelchair Basketball Association when he grows up, noted, He was supposed to be playing in a wheelchair too so it would be fair. I bet we would have won that way since we are use to playing like that. He told us Why use a chair when I can use my legs?' Our coach asked officials why he wasnt playing fair but they said thats how it was.

After a tomahawk slam dunk that sent the basketball into seventh graders Peter Hills face, Kanye began yelling at the kid. How do you like that? How do you like that? Sit before the great and powerful Yeezus.

One of Wests entourage members told him to take it easy on the kids but this only infuriated the 5-foot-8 hip hop star.

Take it easy! Take it easy! Not me, not Kanye! I do everything one thousand percent! You know that! Kanye was heard yelling during a timeout.

The stunned crowd continued to watch the game in the name of charity but several parents grew upset by the actions of West. Fred Skilling, whose sixth-grade son, Sam, left the court crying, took him and his friend home after the first quarter.

As more parents took their children out of the game Kanye began yelling, Quitters! Quitters! Quitters! followed by laughter. Another parent was heard saying, The guy donates five thousand dollars and he thinks it gives him the right to do anything he wants.

After the game, West told the media, I set out to break Wilt Chamberlains record of points in one game and thats what I did. It was for a good cause and I couldnt be happier with my play.

The game ended in a score of 112 to 14. Kanye is said to have placed an order for championship rings to be made through Leon Jewelers of Beverly Hills."

:lol:

I've read that article 3 times now...and there is some legitimate genius in some of the writing. I keep laughing.

I have no problem with this post.

It sounds like we agree he is extremely talented as a writer, producer, and overall artist. And we seem to generally agree he puts out high quality work.

As for the "genius" tag....I dunno. What makes someone a genius in their given craft? Do we overuse or or underuse the term? That's a different debate. I may overuse the term, but I'm also comfortable using it about an artist even if I don't care for their brand of art. In regards to Kanye, people can dislike rap/hip hop all they want, but they should still recognize that very few artists in any genre have continually put out such high quality over and over again.

Kayne may not be musically gifted as far as instruments are concerned, but there is a reason why so many people like his songs.

Production genius, lyrical genius, sure. Like I said earlier, it's all subjective. :cheers:

Musical genius, imo has to cover a lot more than that. Music is an actual language.

Bottom line is that if you like what you hear, enjoy it as often as you want to.

Not that I'm gonna be cranking Shania Twain going through traffic, but I should.

I've read that article 3 times now...and there is some legitimate genius in some of the writing. I keep laughing.

:doublethumbsup:

Try reading it while intoxicated. I'm having a giggle fit.

Musical genius, imo has to cover a lot more than that. Music is an actual language.

You do realize that he speaks that language, right? You can't take someone who knows jack sh!t about music and just throw something together. It's akin to someone composing a song.

:doublethumbsup:

Try reading it while intoxicated. I'm having a giggle fit.

I like the subtle lines...

"But Kanyes camp said Mr. West would be playing the normal way."...hehehe. Good subtle dig.

". He told us Why use a chair when I can use my legs?"...I can see the almost look of disbelief on Kanye's face as he really doesn't understand why.

"How do you like that? How do you like that? Sit before the great and powerful Yeezus".....sit! What an assshole this guy is!

I like the subtle lines...

"But Kanyes camp said Mr. West would be playing the normal way."...hehehe. Good subtle dig.

". He told us Why use a chair when I can use my legs?"...I can see the almost look of disbelief on Kanye's face as he really doesn't understand why.

"How do you like that? How do you like that? Sit before the great and powerful Yeezus".....sit! What an assshole this guy is!

My favorites:

"Eighth grader Tommy Smith told reporters, We play with shorter basketball hoops and he was dunking all over us. The smack talk got out of hand and some of our players started crying."

"One of Wests entourage members told him to take it easy on the kids but this only infuriated the 5-foot-8 hip hop star."

"After the game, West told the media, I set out to break Wilt Chamberlains record of points in one game and thats what I did. It was for a good cause and I couldnt be happier with my play."

http://dailycurrant.com/2014/09/17/kanye-scores-106-points-against-wheelchair-basketball-team/

Kanye destroys Gary's in basketball.

"

Kanye Scores 106 Points Against Wheelchair Basketball Team

A charity basketball game didnt go exactly as planned yesterday when Kanye West scored 106 points against a team of handicapped children in wheelchairs.

The game was a PR move intended to smooth over the controversy that erupted this week between Kanye and the disabled community. At one of his concerts recently West repeatedly asked wheelchaired fans to stand, and refused to apologize for his mistake afterwards.

The Basketball Wheelchair Charity for Cancer event pitted disabled middle school children against Kanye and his entourage. Kanyes team seemed hesitant to play as hard since they were not also in wheelchairs as originally planned.

Organizers said, Both teams were supposed to be playing in wheelchairs but Kanyes camp said Mr. West would be playing the normal way. The kids were initially excited to play basketball with one of their favorite musicians but once the game started, they knew it wasn't going to be fun.

Eighth grader Tommy Smith told reporters, We play with shorter basketball hoops and he was dunking all over us. The smack talk got out of hand and some of our players started crying.

Disabled sports has seen a huge increase in athletes as technology and funding has improved. With international leagues and national leagues, wheelchair basketball has become the most popular Paralympic sport.

Smith, who dreams of playing in the National Wheelchair Basketball Association when he grows up, noted, He was supposed to be playing in a wheelchair too so it would be fair. I bet we would have won that way since we are use to playing like that. He told us Why use a chair when I can use my legs?' Our coach asked officials why he wasnt playing fair but they said thats how it was.

After a tomahawk slam dunk that sent the basketball into seventh graders Peter Hills face, Kanye began yelling at the kid. How do you like that? How do you like that? Sit before the great and powerful Yeezus.

One of Wests entourage members told him to take it easy on the kids but this only infuriated the 5-foot-8 hip hop star.

Take it easy! Take it easy! Not me, not Kanye! I do everything one thousand percent! You know that! Kanye was heard yelling during a timeout.

The stunned crowd continued to watch the game in the name of charity but several parents grew upset by the actions of West. Fred Skilling, whose sixth-grade son, Sam, left the court crying, took him and his friend home after the first quarter.

As more parents took their children out of the game Kanye began yelling, Quitters! Quitters! Quitters! followed by laughter. Another parent was heard saying, The guy donates five thousand dollars and he thinks it gives him the right to do anything he wants.

After the game, West told the media, I set out to break Wilt Chamberlains record of points in one game and thats what I did. It was for a good cause and I couldnt be happier with my play.

The game ended in a score of 112 to 14. Kanye is said to have placed an order for championship rings to be made through Leon Jewelers of Beverly Hills."

Fukit, I've always liked his music but, I think I love him now... I wish this was real.

Look up NWA in the dictionary and you will see this POS's face.

:thumbsup:

From the same site:

The National Football League plans to give players cash bonuses if they stay out of trouble with the law.

In a press conference this morning, NFL representatives said the new “Social Responsibility Club” will set up a series of milestones that will be paid out to players for a clean police record.

The announcement of the incentive comes since several NFL stars have been catapulted into the media spotlight for allegations of domestic violenceand other criminal behavior. America’s most popular sport wishes to clean up its act and to set a better example for children looking up to these gifted athletes.

The program breaks down into a base bonus of $5,000 for each week of not being arrested with a $10,000 bonus for each month. In total, a player can earn $30,000 per month or $360,000 per year for non-criminal behavior.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said an award will be given to players who have a perfect record at the end of each season.

“We’ll have a ceremony and dinner for the winners where they can bring their families and give speeches,” Goodell said. “The networks have already shown interest in broadcasting the event.

“In addition to fines and suspensions, cash payouts for good behavior is a great next step for the league. Instead of just punishing players, we want to positively reinforce them to not break the law and be a good citizen in the community. Only 30 percent of the players cause trouble. We want to see that drop by 5 percentage points. Cash will make that happen.

“With a goal of a 25 percent arrest rate for the 2014 season, the league hopes to see a 15 percent arrest rate by the 2021 season. While it’s ambitious, we feel we have the resources and support in place to achieve the target arrest rate.”

Newly hired VP of football operations Troy Vincent told ESPN.com, “Teams give bonuses for working out and attending off-season minicamps with great success. It only makes sense for the league to give bonuses for avoiding beating up women, beating up children, drunk driving, possession of marijuana, possession of illegal firearms, dog fighting, and the list goes on.

“It’s a good PR move and I’m proud to be involved. Face it: If we adopted a zero tolerance policy, we would have trouble fielding teams.”

Yeah, shes a pillar of relationship stability! LOL

well, you know what kanye has to say about that:

Re-reading this thread, we changed some lives for the better. Im proud to have been a part of this number.

Re-reading this thread, we changed some lives for the better. Im proud to have been a part of this number.

And Bill Cosby was a comedic genius. It doesn't change the fact the world would be a much better place without them.

And Bill Cosby was a comedic genius. It doesn't change the fact the world would be a much better place without them.

One guy raped 30-100 women. The other guy rubs many the wrong way by being too self important.

It FEELS like an unfair comparison. But sure, I guess we can say the world would be a better place without anyone that rubs others the wrong way.

One guy raped 30-100 women. The other guy rubs many the wrong way by being too self important.

It FEELS like an unfair comparison. But sure, I guess we can say the world would be a better place without anyone that rubs others the wrong way.

:lol: Rubs people the wrong way :lol: You must be related to Kanye

Kanye raped my ears a few times.

So, this bozo has been all over the news today. I saw on one of the Agri Gators that Kanye and Don Lemon get into it. I know the news teases. I know what clickbait is. This would be just the opposite of that. Hey, why don't you throw in Alex Jones and Stephen A Smith while you're at it. Just absolutely guarantee I'll fly by at light speed.

You just know the Kardashian girls went out and deliberately found the dumbest gorillas in the herd just so they can play the victim and look like the Smart Ones in later episodes. Seriously, is there a single Kardashian girl who went for a White Guy?

I don't know what Kanye is saying, and frankly, there is no way in hell I would ever care. I don't know how the hell this guy makes it on to anything other than maybe bet or the E network.

The Kanye drama is off the charts with this latest snafu. After saying slavery was a choice and being a Trump supporter he has destroyed all his black street cred and has other rappers speaking out against him. Even Kim is embarrassed and trying to distance herself from his words and views. Its the beginning of the end for him. Theres really no coming back from this.