Sign in to follow this  
throttlers

Jordan Reed Trade Value

Anyone in dynasty see any recent trades involving Jordan Reed? I'm trying to get a better idea of his current market value.

I wouldn't give up anything. He's going to get hurt and miss at least 1/3 of the season. If I knew what third it will be, then maybe I'd look into a deal. Since I don't, I won't. While Reed is a great TE when he plays, the upgrade isn't really all that much. In the 11 games he played last year, he averaged 14ppg, with high volatility. He had 3 games over 24 points and 4 games in single digits. He was average (for him), for 1/3 the season - a stud for a third - and a dud for a third. While his average is higher than most, he doesn't really put you over the top when needed. In weeks 14-16, he totaled 3.6 points. The previous year was 70 points. In 2014 it was 22 points. So tell me, what version of Reed am I getting? To me, I'd rather keep my rookie picks and probably possibly hit a homerun at another position that trade for a guy who I can't count on.

I have seen a few offers with him being quite over priced.

People seem to want to offer him with value as a low end RB1 or WR1.

No takers.

I have seen this with him before though. Last season it was even worse.

When healthy Reed is an elite TE. Concussions have been the issue, and you never know when the next will hit. I have him in a couple leagues and was able to pick up Vernon Davis when Reed went down which was ok but you hate to have to handcuff your TE. Recently someone sent me Cook and Walford for him (rejected) but I would entertain Brate or Bennett for Reed.

• Like 1

When healthy Reed is an elite TE. Concussions have been the issue, and you never know when the next will hit. I have him in a couple leagues and was able to pick up Vernon Davis when Reed went down which was ok but you hate to have to handcuff your TE. Recently someone sent me Cook and Walford for him (rejected) but I would entertain Brate or Bennett for Reed.

(goes and trades for Bennett....)

That's part of the problem with owning Reed in leagues that require a TE spot.....you need a viable back up because he's practically a sure thing to miss 4-5 games.

It is a tough one. I wouldn't want to pay for him in dynasty because you will be stressed the next time he takes a head shot.

In redraft I hope that he falls and I will cuff him with Davis in the final round.

With more people taking stocking RBs due to injuries it makes picking up a WR off waivers easier. Carrying 2 TEs and wattering down people to pick-up for others is a better option I think.

Draft TE's,late and be happy.

Grab my starters except defense, kicker. Then pick 2 TEs back to back. Yea may sound like it dont make sense but you will have 2 TEs to plug 1 every week without the risk of a Gronk that could destroy your season over reaching. Then you can stock pile your RBs and maybe sprinkle a decent back-up QB for a match-up play week.

I draft one Te very Late in the draft.

And than play match up from week to week.

I do the Same with Kickers and to the most part Defence.

Last three picks I make are those three postions.

We get 1 transaction a week in a 12 team league and costs money to do. Kind of odd to adjust a new line-up like you do in yours every week and have the luxury to have decent TEs to pick up.

yeah, definitely a top 4-5 TE when healthy.

but why wouldnt you sacrafice a fantasy point a game and get a guy who doesnt have the same risk of injury?

I suppose if you were in a deep league with a large roster where you can afford to carry 2 TE's you might pay more for this guy, but in a league with smaller roster sizes, he's a tough luxury to afford unless you get him with a late round pick (or for the price of a lower end TE1). Then you can go to playing matchups week to week if he gets hurt again.

And if you own him, why would you sell him for that much of a discount when you could do that yourself?

He's one of those guys who is gonna be tough to trade for both reasons.

• Like 1

There are always decent TE's to pick up , just not the best ones.

Yeah some of the leagues I'm in you pay for your moves.

So in those leagues one might be a little slower to make moves from week to week.

But I still play the week to week matchups if I think it's a benefit.

There are always decent TE's to pick up , just not the best ones.

Yeah some of the leagues I'm in you pay for your moves.

So in those leagues one might be a little slower to make moves from week to week.

But I still play the week to week matchups if I think it's a benefit.

Well, the best move is the best move, regardless of whether you pay for a transaction.

if a person is gonna get squeamish because of the cost of a dollar or two over a roster move they need, maybe fantasy football isnt the thing for you.