Sign in to follow this  
TD Ryan2

NFL TV Ratings Down Sharply

Goodell is costing the owners money by his actions. This will be his last year. The writing is on the shield. Good Fawking riddens.

how do you get better if you don't practice?

The Seattle Seahawks are being disciplined for violating the collectively bargained rules about physical contact in offseason practices. USA TODAY Sports

For the second time in three years, the Seattle Seahawks are being harshly disciplined for violating the collectively bargained rules about physical contact in offseason practices.

The NFL announced Monday the Seahawks will be fined $400,000 and forfeit their first week of organized team activities (three practices) next year, as well as a fifth-round pick in the 2017 draft because theyre repeat offenders. Coach Pete Carroll also was fined $200,000.

The game sucks and it has become a game of whimps.

This bargained part of the cba drives me fuckin insane. The players cry about Goodell having too much power. They also settled for less percentage of profits than people expected. Contracts are still woefully inadequate in the guaranteed portion.

What did the players get that they wanted? Less fuckin practice. That's right, they agreed to something that makes them not as good at their job. This was a big stupid win for them. The owners were laughing all the way to the bank when that was a major "concession" they had to make.

Goodell is costing the owners money by his actions. This will be his last year. The writing is on the shield. Good Fawking riddens.

He is?

This bargained part of the cba drives me fuckin insane. The players cry about Goodell having too much power. They also settled for less percentage of profits than people expected. Contracts are still woefully inadequate in the guaranteed portion.

What did the players get that they wanted? Less fuckin practice. That's right, they agreed to something that makes them not as good at their job. This was a big stupid win for them. The owners were laughing all the way to the bank when that was a major "concession" they had to make.

The commissioner had the discipline hammer prior to the last contract. The NFL isn't giving it up.

MNF this upcoming week will be going against the first presidential debate. Expect another week of a ratings dip

MNF this upcoming week will be going against the first presidential debate. Expect another week of a ratings dip

My sons back to school night. :mad:

He will be. Want to bet?

Want to bet someone who has been calling for his head for years?

No thanks.

I think he takes the hits so the owners don't have to.

Eventually, they will move on if they begin taking more heat and they will hire someone else to do the same thing for them.

Want to bet someone who has been calling for his head for years?

No thanks.

I think he takes the hits so the owners don't have to.

Eventually, they will move on if they begin taking more heat and they will hire someone else to do the same thing for them.

No!!!! You said early this year thatGoodell is a God and makes the owners money. You said that he's the man. You said that he can do no wrong and the NFL loves him because he makes them "so much money!""

Did you not say that? If you deny saying that, fawk off.

• Like 1

No!!!! You said early this year thatGoodell is a God and makes the owners money. You said that he's the man. You said that he can do no wrong and the NFL loves him because he makes them "so much money!""

Did you not say that? If you deny saying that, fawk off.

No...I didn't say those things. You should try working in what people have actually said rather than making up garbage to try and argue.

He is?

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2016/09/20/are-athlete-national-anthem-protests-costing-nfl-viewership/

The NFL opener, a Super Bowl rematch between the Denver Broncos and Carolina Panthers, brought 25.2 million viewers — which is an astonishing number of eyeballs. “For comparison, The Walking Dead averages around 14 million viewers as TV’s most-watched show,” Forbes wrote.

But that’s down 8 percent from 2015 and 6 percent from 2014. Sunday’s numbers, Forbes added, were down 13 percent from last year.

“This also marked the lowest overnight season-opening rating in seven years,” Forbes found

Ratings are down. That costs the owners money. But I'm sure you'll tell me that ratings don't mean anything and that somehow in your illogical, win an argument at all cost mentality, that they are actually making money because they have a magic unicorn.

• Like 1

The real reason is because more people are using different forms of media to watch. I use sunday ticket mobile apps or go to Tilted Kilt or reddit streaming feeds.

2 reasons why the owners love Goodell:

1 - He makes them lots of $$$.

2 - He's their Dark Night, the bad guy they need to take the heat.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2016/09/20/are-athlete-national-anthem-protests-costing-nfl-viewership/

The NFL opener, a Super Bowl rematch between the Denver Broncos and Carolina Panthers, brought 25.2 million viewers which is an astonishing number of eyeballs. For comparison, The Walking Dead averages around 14 million viewers as TVs most-watched show, Forbes wrote.

But thats down 8 percent from 2015 and 6 percent from 2014. Sundays numbers, Forbes added, were down 13 percent from last year.

This also marked the lowest overnight season-opening rating in seven years, Forbes found

Ratings are down. That costs the owners money. But I'm sure you'll tell me that ratings don't mean anything and that somehow in your illogical, win an argument at all cost mentality, that they are actually making money because they have a magic unicorn.

And your thought is that the drop in ratings for that game was due to Goodell.

That is where your logic dies...zero factual basis.

And your thought is that the drop in ratings for that game was due to Goodell.

That is where your logic dies...zero factual basis.

There's on overall drop in ratings. Not just that one game. If they continue, he's the one at the top.

There's on overall drop in ratings. Not just that one game. If they continue, he's the one at the top.

Could be...or there could be any number of reasons for the drop and people that actually study it will figure that out.

Is it Goodell? Is it newer options not captured by traditional ratings?

You seem to think its all just Goodell...no bias in your thinking at all...since you have been :cry: about him since he slapped the Saints around for their BS tactics.

Could be...or there could be any number of reasons for the drop and people that actually study it will figure that out.

You seem to think its all just Goodell...no bias in your thinking at all...since you have been :cry: about him since he slapped the Saints around for their BS tactics.

I never said it was "all" Goodell. But he's the guy at the top.

Bias? Definetly. But that doesn't change the facts. Ratings are down and that's not good.

I never said it was "all" Goodell. But he's the guy at the top.

Bias? Definetly. But that doesn't change the facts. Ratings are down and that's not good.

Ratings are down but nobody's talking about concussions and CTE anymore.

I think that's what DeflateGate was really all about. Well done Roger <_<

2 reasons why the owners love Goodell:

1 - He makes them lots of $$$.

2 - He's their Dark Night, the bad guy they need to take the heat.

Exactly how does he make them money? It's the owners and television committee that negotiates the contracts with the networks, what's he do?

Ratings are down but nobody's talking about concussions and CTE anymore.

I think that's what DeflateGate was really all about. Well done Roger <_<

I agree. Deflategate was complete BS. I hope the Pats go 4-0 just to give Goodell a big FU.

• Like 1

many possible reasons

But the NFL front office hasn't established themselves as a likeable, trustworthy bunch.

Boxing interest collapsed because the clowns running things were corrupt and inconsiderate of the athletes and fans. It was a cash-grab effort for boxing back then and in many ways it seems to be similar in the NFL.

The SuperBowl Champion could become as irrelevant as today's Heavyweight Champion if these billionaire NFL owners and Goodell don't do a better job with public relations.

America is a free country. A multimillionaire remains free to kneel during the national anthem. Joe Six Pack remains free to turn off the television.

America is a free country. A multimillionaire remains free to kneel during the national anthem. Joe Six Pack remains free to turn off the television.

:thumbsup:

a multi-billion dollar corporation remains free to surround every minute of football with 10 minutes of advertising. Joe Six Pack remains free to find a new hobby.

Lemme guess. Some third string QB played well further driving home the point that Tom Brady is severely overrated as he hit the drafted team - at right time, lottery.

I watched the game on an antenna last night that came in just as clear as any cable.

i am sad it took this long to figure it out

as is, out of the box.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FLJWA5W/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

is it Hi def ? Never mind, says it is, I see a coax connection in the pic, does it also have an HDMI or component connection ?

is it Hi def ?

FOCK YES!

it's amazing how Hi Def it is.

I am 35 miles from Boston (direct)

• FULL HD - 35 MILE LONG RANGE ACCESS: At first, please visit "antennaweb.org" or "antennapoint.com" check how many broadcast towers surrounding you within 35miles, Suport Format: 720p, 1080i, 1080p & Frequency Range: VHF 47-230MHz, UHF 470-862MHz.

i get 32 channels.

4, 5, 7, 25 and a whole bunch of other sh1t

I have it installed on the living room wall/ceiling facing Boston.

Ed - does it need a dish or antennae on your roof?

and if not, are you in a second floor or upstairs of a house? could a basement TV get reception?

Ed - does it need a dish or antennae on your roof?

and if not, are you in a second floor or upstairs of a house? could a basement TV get reception?

No and no

3rd floor.

I don't know. if you go to amazon you can read what other people had to say.

it cost 13 bucks so I said WTF and I can't believe how great it is

• Like 1

OK - just bought it ed.

Thanks for the review.

I've gotta' believe that the market is huge for these things.... everyone wants to do this but it's still a bit muddy on how well it will work and what antennae to buy, etc.

For 12 bucks, I'm gonna test it out.

:cheers:

:cheers:

welcome!

Fock cable!

Just remember to try it in several locations and let your TV scan for channels.

Took me a couple weeks to perfect it

I had no luck trying to extend the 10 feet either (add coaxial cable), didn't seem to work well.

Have had a couple indoor antennas for a few years. One of the best things ever. HD NBC, ABC, Fox and CBS.

That's all the tv I need. I'll stream the other live sports and I buy/own my movies. Fock cable companies until they offer ala carte

Have had a couple indoor antennas for a few years. One of the best things ever. HD NBC, ABC, Fox and CBS.

That's all the tv I need. I'll stream the other live sports and I buy/own my movies. Fock cable companies until they offer ala carte

if you really want to you can buy TIVO and run the antenna through tivo

other than Internet, cable company is becoming obsolete