Sign in to follow this  
SexyRexy

Tre'Quan Smith

Or I could drop Jameis, just have him for next week when Ryan is on bye

ALL of the players you mentioned on your roster should stay on your roster ahead of T Smith.

Thinking about picking up Tre'Quan tonight... (daily waivers)

But, someone also just dropped Ridley, so I'm thinking I could hold out until Monday when he's up for grabs. Geronimo and Goodwin are also sitting on the WW.

I would be dropping Burton as I think Njoku can take me the rest of the way through the season with his ridiculous target share (w/ the exception of his bye week.)

What would you guys do?

Thinking about picking up Tre'Quan tonight... (daily waivers)

But, someone also just dropped Ridley, so I'm thinking I could hold out until Monday when he's up for grabs. Geronimo and Goodwin are also sitting on the WW.

I would be dropping Burton as I think Njoku can take me the rest of the way through the season with his ridiculous target share (w/ the exception of his bye week.)

What would you guys do?

I would try to deal Burton. In this years TE class, he is a tier 2. But someone may have high hopes for him. Package him with a wr or rb for an upgrade

I personally would not drop John Brown for Smith. I would like to think Smith will get more snaps and then targets. As far as dropping Goodwin for Smith I would look at your other wrs if your weak then I would stick with Goodwin. If your strong and can gamble alittle more I would take a shot with Smith over Goodwin. I think Goodwin is a safer pick. Just my opinion !

Good luck !

This is EXCELLENT ADVICE! Thanks brother for sharing it.

I can second this thinking. I have two studs in OBJ and Hopkins, and also have Goodwin and Golladay. So,I dropped Chris Godwin to get him. Now Godwin has been doing well but I don’t like his yards..never over 72. Smith in one game went over 100 and as we saw, can take it to the house. So, because I have top WRs....I can cut a good guy like Godwin hoping to evaluate Smith down the road to see if he can at least be my bye week filler for OBJ and Hopkins or my FLEX.

I LIKE HIS CEILING MUCH MORE THAN GODWIN’s.

I'd only want to use him at home in favorable passing or shootout situations. That being said if he has another good game at Baltimore the window to get him cheap will be slammed shut.

Aaron Jones, Ekeler, Ito Smith, Karee. Hunt, Kerryon

Ekeler

For whatever its worth I started Dede late last year through playoffs and I wont my league thanks to his contributions

• Like 1

For whatever its worth I started Dede late last year through playoffs and I wont my league thanks to his contributions

That info is not really worth anything at all to be honest.

• Like 2

I'd rather take a Drew Brees no 2, than a Jameis Winston no 3/4

Well said Raider. As for Smith vs Meredith -- I cant believe this is even being debated. I picked Smith up week 5 before he exploded and wasnt about to drop him because of his bye. Dude is an physical specimen and has the type of upside that can win fantasy championships. Im talking Michael Thomas type upside. Sean Payton is a huge fan and constantly raving about the guy. I think hes got a pretty firm strangle hold as the teams #2WR . He outsnapped Meredith 37% to 31% in week 4 and 68% to 52% week 5. A player with his skill set and talent is destined to be a star in that offense. Dude has a Mike Evans like catch radius with those crazy long arms and a ridiculous vertical to go with it. Im buying...

TreQuan Smith: (6-2, 210 lbs, 33 3/4 arms)

4.45 40-yd dash, 37.5 vert, 10-10 broad, 6.97 3-cone, 4.50 20-yd shuttle

Player B: (6-3, 212 lbs, 32 1/8 arms)

4.57 40-yd dash, 35 vert, 10-6 broad, 6.80 3-cone, 4.13 20-yd shuttle

Anyone wanna guess player B?

Exactly....sometimes you have to be bold. Last year Goodwin and Cole came through for me. When I heard Smith now has a chance to start with Ginn on IR, I have that MNF game in my brain. Brees is sooooooo good, so who would I rather have throwing my WR the ball assuming they all are about equal?

Winston

Beathard

Brees

The answer to that question made my decision much easier to answer,

Well said Raider. As for Smith vs Meredith -- I cant believe this is even being debated. I picked Smith up week 5 before he exploded and wasnt about to drop him because of his bye. Dude is an physical specimen and has the type of upside that can win fantasy championships. Im talking Michael Thomas type upside. Sean Payton is a huge fan and constantly raving about the guy. I think hes got a pretty firm strangle hold as the teams #2WR . He outsnapped Meredith 37% to 31% in week 4 and 68% to 52% week 5. A player with his skill set and talent is destined to be a star in that offense. Dude has a Mike Evans like catch radius with those crazy long arms and a ridiculous vertical to go with it. Im buying...

TreQuan Smith: (6-2, 210 lbs, 33 3/4 arms)

4.45 40-yd dash, 37.5 vert, 10-10 broad, 6.97 3-cone, 4.50 20-yd shuttle

Player B: (6-3, 212 lbs, 32 1/8 arms)

4.57 40-yd dash, 35 vert, 10-6 broad, 6.80 3-cone, 4.13 20-yd shuttle

Anyone wanna guess player B?

Michael Thomas?

for anyone who watched the game, did meredith even play? zero targets.

In tough games like vs Balt, you can usually bet on Brees sticking with a few guys. The RBs and Thomas are a gimme so usually only 1 other guy even exists. In games where they gonna toss it all around the yard you can take a flier on the other guys like Merideth and Tre.

I think Tre is a little better than just a flier. 20% of Brees' targets. I'll take that rest of the way. Baltimore might have the best D in the league.

• Like 2

I think Tre is a little better than just a flier. 20% of Brees' targets. I'll take that rest of the way. Baltimore might have the best D in the league.

I agree with this assessment.

Will it be Tre day this weekend? I need a win and he offers some big play upside.

Do you have other options?

I don't, but still starting him with confidence. I think he's going to be real nice down the stretch.

I don't, but still starting him with confidence. I think he's going to be real nice down the stretch.

Hell be great once they get into playing Atlanta, Tampa and Carolina again.
  • Like 1

Yea sure, Larry Fitz, Clement or a free agent pickup are other options.

Im starting Smith with confidence this weekend with Keenan Allen on a bye. While he didnt have a big game last weekend -- I love what I saw considering the tough matchup. He outsnapped Meredith 73% to 25% and outargeted him 6 to 0. He was targeted only 3 times fewer than Michael Thomas. Smith is a stronger play in standard compared to ppr but I still think hell provide WR2 value in both from here on out.

• Like 1

Could be a shootout. Im starting Smith over Funchess this week. I think the Vikes corners are banged up.

Good problem to have, it's like playing with your new toy on Christmas morning... Go TreQuan !

im thinking of starting smith over demaryius or fuller....just so nervous..

Keke is out. Start Fuller.

• Like 1

Was reading up on Smith and saw Michael Thomas has a catch per target ratio OVER 90%. I mean, that can't be right can it? WTF?

I have to start him this week with Allen on bye and Robinson hurt but I do kind of like the matchup with the Vikes secondary a tad banged up...I just dont like starting him and Ingram but have no choice this week.

Was reading up on Smith and saw Michael Thomas has a catch per target ratio OVER 90%. I mean, that can't be right can it? WTF?

I believe Brees is sporting some crazy completion percentage, like 77%. So yeah, Thomas over 90% seems plausible.

I believe Brees is sporting some crazy completion percentage, like 77%. So yeah, Thomas over 90% seems plausible.

well, if the completion percentage is high for the QB the pass catchers will obviously have a high catch target ratio. this would especially go for the #1 WR.

well, if the completion percentage is high for the QB the pass catchers will obviously have a high catch target ratio. this would especially go for the #1 WR.

A catch per target ratio of over 90% for a dude who's the primary focus of the defensive backfield is focking insane.

so, where are we now on T. Smith? I did not get to watch the game.

I started Smith, and got burned by Brees' 120 yards. That said, Smith had 44 of them.

I am debating between him and Amari Cooper this weekend.

i decided at the last second to bench brees and trequan last week. I thought to give TreQuan a little more time. I think this is a better week to start him depending on your options. But he remains a definite hold.