Sign in to follow this  
fandandy

New NFL National Anthem Policy

I dont particularly care if they are patriotic. I mean sure, theyre idiot scum, but thats hardly new. I mean, if the fact that the league is full of drug addict wife beating criminals didnt deter me, lack of patriotism wont.

I just want to see the nfl win from a purely employment standpoint. These overpaid prima donnas work what, maybe half the year full time? And they want to protest on someone elses expensive public platform wearing their logo?

Fock you. If you think this is an important social issue, start a real movement. Buy your own airtime. At work? Stfu or get fired.

Im tired of Twitter driving out society.

NFL prima donna's? I think these guys give their bodies far more than other sports. Contracts aren't guaranteed. Isn't this the same league that was saying players are slaves? The cheapest team is worth $1.4b.

I don't understand your premise at all.

I don't understand your premise at all.

Its pretty simple. Protest on YOUR own time.

NFL, like the NBA years ago made a business decision like all businesses do, and have the right to do.

If you feel passionate about a cause, nobody is stopping you from protesting, forming a fund, a cause, marching, anything. ON YOUR OWN TIME.

Hell, I might join them depending on what it is, as long as its after 5:00. Thats when I get off work.

I agree, just play football and worry about using your platform to protest in your off time.

• Like 1

Its pretty simple. Protest on YOUR own time.

NFL, like the NBA years ago made a business decision like all businesses do, and have the right to do.

If you feel passionate about a cause, nobody is stopping you from protesting, forming a fund, a cause, marching, anything. ON YOUR OWN TIME.

Hell, I might join them depending on what it is, as long as its after 5:00. Thats when I get off work.

I get that part. Fine. No protesting at work.

I don't get the prima donna comment and the NFL winning an employment battle. The NFL has by far the most favorable CBA for the owners compared to other sports.

I get that part. Fine. No protesting at work.

I don't get the prima donna comment and the NFL winning an employment battle. The NFL has by far the most favorable CBA for the owners compared to other sports.

I didn't mean employment in terms of the CBA, or sports at all. I just met the principle that you don't get to protest on your employers dime.

As for prima donna... the focking guys work half a year, make millions, and call themselves slaves.

Fake patriotism is almost as annoying as being "woke". These guys are douchebags for kneeling, but people shouldn't get so worked up over it.

• Like 1

I agree, just play football and worry about using your platform to protest in your off time.

This

Fake patriotism is almost as annoying as being "woke". These guys are douchebags for kneeling, but people shouldn't get so worked up over it.

If someone is actually worked up, its not fake patriotism.

Some of us grew up/were taught to respect the U.S Flag/our country. Hence we get worked up.

• Like 1

GET WOKE crackah!

But that wasn't getting the reaction they wanted. They needed a reaction. Doing it on their own time through social media, etc....wasn't working. So they did it during a time that would get to a lot of people -- during the National Anthem, even though the flag has nothing to do with what the the snowflake focks are complaining about.

• Like 2

Well, here we go. Trump threw some more gas on the fire this morning. Said if you don't stand for the NA, maybe you shouldn't be in the country. Lol. Gonna be funny watching libtards and semi- literate thugs in cleats do their dance!

Well, here we go. Trump threw some more gas on the fire this morning. Said if you don't stand for the NA, maybe you shouldn't be in the country. Lol. Gonna be funny watching libtards and semi- literate thugs in cleats do their dance!

LOL. Yep. Snowflakes are gonna be crying their eyes out over this.

And I 100% agree. Don't like Walmart...Best Buy....Starbucks...New Jersey..... then stay the fock out/get the fock out.

Same goes with the U.S.

Especially when the fake patriotism comes from a guy who got draft deferments due to bone spurs and who mocks the service of POWs and the parents of dead soldiers.

Especially when the fake patriotism comes from a guy who got draft deferments due to bone spurs and who mocks the service of POWs and the parents of dead soldiers.

Sometimes, very rarely, you have a point. But he didn't mock the parent of a dead soldier. He mocked an a-hole, who happened to have a son who died in battle. Get your facts straight.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/backlash-for-trump-after-he-lashes-out-at-the-muslim-parents-of-a-dead-us-soldier/2016/07/30/34b0aad4-5671-11e6-88eb-7dda4e2f2aec_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.49fdec003478

Says the soldiers mom had nothing to say and maybe she wasnt allowed to say something. Said that he likes the soldiers who didnt get caught. This is the same guy who got out of the draft over bone spurs and spent a career offshoring jobs and stiffing small businesses.

Now he lectures players on patriotism because they peacefully protest. Thanks Don.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/backlash-for-trump-after-he-lashes-out-at-the-muslim-parents-of-a-dead-us-soldier/2016/07/30/34b0aad4-5671-11e6-88eb-7dda4e2f2aec_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.49fdec003478

Says the soldiers mom had nothing to say and maybe she wasnt allowed to say something. Said that he likes the soldiers who didnt get caught. This is the same guy who got out of the draft over bone spurs and spent a career offshoring jobs and stiffing small businesses.

Now he lectures players on patriotism because they peacefully protest. Thanks Don.

Trump's a hypocrite and jerk but he's also not wrong on the kneeling issue.

Trump's a hypocrite and jerk but he's also not wrong on the kneeling issue.

I think the protestors arent necessarily wrong for protesting but they of caked the wrong way to do it. Trump made the situation much worse though by waddling into the issue just to fire up his bootlickers.

I think the protestors arent necessarily wrong for protesting but they of caked the wrong way to do it. Trump made the situation much worse though by waddling into the issue just to fire up his bootlickers.

The NFL is doing these idiots a favor.

Granted, I already think their protest is about imaginary bullsh*t, but they do themselves no favors by insulting the flag on the way to making the claim. People tune them out since they've chosen to tie their cause into anti-Americanism.

The NFL is doing these idiots a favor.

Granted, I already think their protest is about imaginary bullsh*t, but they do themselves no favors by insulting the flag on the way to making the claim. People tune them out since they've chosen to tie their cause into anti-Americanism.

I dont think their protest is about imaginary bull, but I think they are overstating the extent of the problem and using the wrong forum to protest. Thats said it doesnt offend me and I think it would be a non story if the hypocrite in chief didnt waddle into the issue. You can always count on Don to take the low road.

Trump wants the NFL to be a part of the culture war. Pick your sides, and Sundays in the Fall aren't a respite.......You love it because it's your side...but then when the other side responds, hopefully you won't argue that you just want your NFL Sundays to be an escape from this type stuff, because you don't.

Trump wants the NFL to be a part of the culture war. Pick your sides, and Sundays in the Fall aren't a respite.......You love it because it's your side...but then when the other side responds, hopefully you won't argue that you just want your NFL Sundays to be an escape from this type stuff, because you don't.

Huh? I don't want anyone doing anything political in the stadium. If some half baked moron wants to go on the hip hop channels or CNN and spout, knock yourself out. Plenty of platforms for their ill informed childish nonsense. Maybe the Muppet show will have them.

Huh? I don't want anyone doing anything political in the stadium. If some half baked moron wants to go on the hip hop channels or CNN and spout, knock yourself out. Plenty of platforms for their ill informed childish nonsense. Maybe the Muppet show will have them.

Trump wants a reaction from the players come Sundays in September. And if any black players react, he will yell about it and get you fired up. If the players don't react, he will publicly claim victory (half in the hopes of THAT leading to a reaction from them)..............In short, he purposely increased the chances of political happenings in the stadium on Sundays. To pretend otherwise is disingenuous.

NFL would be better if they stopped pussyfooting around and allowed them to fist fight

Yeah, the kneelers are douchy, but it's more of a minor annoyance to me than anything. I don't get the "not watching anymore" crowd. I could watch the NFL if my hair was on fire.

Last year I spent most of my Sunday’s golfing and fishing.

were you listening to espn radio at the time?

I love seeing the liberal media outlets put their spin on how "TRUMP" won. Not how the vast majority of fans did not support the players. Its all about trump. Yahoo has a team of terrible writers who cover this routinely. Jay busbee. Frank shwab. Shailise manza young may be the worst.

I love seeing the liberal media outlets put their spin on how "TRUMP" won. Not how the vast majority of fans did not support the players. Its all about trump. Yahoo has a team of terrible writers who cover this routinely. Jay busbee. Frank shwab. Shailise manza young may be the worst.

Yahoo news is insuffereable. Beyond partisan. I read way more of it than I should because I use yahoo as my search engine when my VPN is off since Google is blocked in China and get tempted by the clickbait.

So many dumbfock liberal whakjob writers.

Couldn't care less. When I watch on TV I am up getting drinks, snacks, or taking a piss up until kickoff anyway. I have been to live events and didn't stand before. Have had someone say sh!t to me. Told them to fock off didn't feel like getting up lol.

As far as the players, if they want to kneel or sit out, let 'em. Free country and it should be in every single way IMO.

I think this screams desperation by the league because of the ratings drop. It ain't gonna help.

Agreed

You'll have some militants that choose to kneel and if I were the head coach, you'd sit out that game too, without pay.

Same sh!t that happens with other infractions is going to happen with this. If you're a scrub, you'll get suspended. If you're a baller, you'll get a slap on the wrist. Just like smacking women around or abusing animals. If Ray Rice were in his prime and still putting up numbers he would still be playing. Same with Vick.

You'll get same treatment here. So IMO it's dumb. But like I say above, who cares? And it's not going to fix the ratings. Ratings is about people getting rid of cable and younger generations don't like football as much as we do.

Couldn't care less. When I watch on TV I am up getting drinks, snacks, or taking a piss up until kickoff anyway. I have been to live events and didn't stand before. Have had someone say sh!t to me. Told them to fock off didn't feel like getting up lol.

As far as the players, if they want to kneel or sit out, let 'em. Free country and it should be in every single way IMO.

I think this screams desperation by the league because of the ratings drop. It ain't gonna help.

Just because you don't care when the country is insulted, doesn't mean others don't. I was brought up to respect the flag and find it disappointing and eye opening to see how there are so many people like you, MDC and pen who don't care.

Just because you don't care when the country is insulted, doesn't mean others don't. I was brought up to respect the flag and find it disappointing and eye opening to see how there are so many people like you, MDC and pen who don't care.

Sorry to disappoint you. Appointing you was all I lived for. Now my dreams are crushed lol.

I served. Did 4 years in the early 90's. I can tell you from personal experience more than half the dudes in the military then hated it and couldn't wait to get out. Most of us thought it was bullsh!t. And like my grandpa (a mother focking WWII gunners mate from a battleship) told me, you don't owe those fockers (the USA government and military) anything. Do your four years, get your benefits, then GTFO. And he was one of the most manliest, americanest, mother fockers ever. So there's that.

As far as I'm concerned you can take that flag, the color guard, the focking planes flying over head and all that other bullsh!t and stick it straight up your azz. I couldn't care less to be honest. And I know if my grandpa were alive today he wouldn't give a sh!t about these guys kneeling. He was a racist POS who didn't like sports lol. He would call them nigg3rs and about how much they get paid (seriously that's what he did lol) but certainly wouldn't begrudge their right to protest for their cause.

Sorry to disappoint you. Appointing you was all I lived for. Now my dreams are crushed lol.

I served. Did 4 years in the early 90's. I can tell you from personal experience more than half the dudes in the military then hated it and couldn't wait to get out. Most of us thought it was bullsh!t. And like my grandpa (a mother focking WWII gunners mate from a battleship) told me, you don't owe those fockers (the USA government and military) anything. Do your four years, get your benefits, then GTFO.

And he was one of the most manliest, americanest, mother fockers ever. So there's that.

As far as I'm concerned you can take that flag, the color guard, the focking planes flying over head and all that other bullsh!t and stick it straight up your azz. I couldn't care less to be honest. And I know if my grandpa were alive today he wouldn't give a sh!t about these guys kneeling. He was a racist POS who didn't like sports lol. He would call them nigg3rs and ###### about how much they get paid (seriously that's what he did lol) but certainly wouldn't begrudge their right to protest for their cause.

Cool story Bro!

I served. Did 4 years in the early 90's. I can tell you from personal experience more than half the dudes in the military then hated it and couldn't wait to get out. Most of us thought it was bullsh!t. And like my grandpa (a mother focking WWII gunners mate from a battleship) told me, you don't owe those fockers (the USA government and military) anything. Do your four years, get your benefits, then GTFO. And he was one of the most manliest, americanest, mother fockers ever. So there's that.

As far as I'm concerned you can take that flag, the color guard, the focking planes flying over head and all that other bullsh!t and stick it straight up your azz. I couldn't care less to be honest. And I know if my grandpa were alive today he wouldn't give a sh!t about these guys kneeling. He was a racist POS who didn't like sports lol. He would call them nigg3rs and ###### about how much they get paid (seriously that's what he did lol) but certainly wouldn't begrudge their right to protest for their cause.

I also served in the early '90s and hated it. One and done. FTA/ETS

I know how they twisted patriotism, I get your point. We'd go to the movie theater on base and they'd play the national anthem and everyone would stand. And I did too, but frankly I felt like you. Don't I get enough of this twice a day to be bothered with it while I'm watching a movie too? If I was five steps away from the mess hall when they started to play taps ... "Grr" ... I jogged those five steps.

Anyway, despite my seething hatred of the Army, and the arrogant, artificial patriotism they had, it's not the same though. Two-three servings of it every day twice a day whether you liked it or not. It got old and repetitive. At sports events like football games though, if people don't see it then, they won't see it at all. I think it's appropriate. It's not very often, you've got kids there. You don't spoil the moment by having crybaby sh*tbags kneeling for the anthem.

Sh*t like this isn't how I was raised. It's alien to everything about me. To see how many people find it acceptable behavior disgusts me. It ruined my enthusiasm for FF last year and I only decided to come back for FF again this season because of the announcement yesterday.

They ruin everything else. Why not this?

"Why is the NFL trying to define what patriotism is when it can't even define what a catch is?" John Fraley :doublethumbsup:

Yeah, the kneelers are douchy, but it's more of a minor annoyance to me than anything. I don't get the "not watching anymore" crowd. I could watch the NFL if my hair was on fire.

Theyre being fed a false narrative by the Liar in Chief, that the protests are about the flag and our service members. Like everything else their supreme leader says, they buy it hook line and sinker. Theyre completely indoctrinated, and too rabid to realize it.