Sign in to follow this  
Larry David

Jimmy G. Top 10 Next Year?

Four straight wins and three total TDs against the best defense in the NFL with a makeshift offensive around him. Dude has to be considered a top 10 QB next year, no?

Let's see in no particular order let's figure out the contenders:

Rodgers

Wentz

Russell hustle & bustle

Brady

Goff thanks to mcvay

Deshaun Watson

Cam

Matty Ice

Stafford

Luck

Roethlisberger

Phillip Rivers

Cousins depending on where he ends up.

Alex Smith

Derek Carr

Jimmy GQ

I could see him cracking the top 10 on hype. I'd estimate he'd go in the 9-13 range.

I hope the hype train starts rolling.

He should be a good over rated QB for next season.

Pats focked up by trading him, thats for sure

Really could have been set another 15 yrs

yeah, not top 10 quite yet. The niners still have quite a few pieces to put together around him. But hopefully soon, the fog is starting to clear. It's been a looong time since we've had a good, Niner worthy, QB.. imo. Pretty much since Young.

If the Legion in Seattle goes boom as expected, Id like Jimmy G as a later on option. The hype train will probably push him into a territory where Id rather have Wilson still. He might end up being a Better IRL than Fantasy type for the next season or so. But hey...we have seen what one solid offseason can do for a team and their offense. Rams, Eagles, and Vikes. Hell, even the Saints.

no way, even though they are winning from a fantasy standpoint hes in the QB2 range

they are building a well balanced offense but the TD's haven't really been there

Yeah but look who he's throwing to. He'll definitely have more weapons next year.

Rodgers

Wentz

Russell hustle & bustle

Brady

Goff thanks to mcvay

Deshaun Watson

Cam

Matty Ice

Stafford

Luck

Roethlisberger

Phillip Rivers

Alex Smith

Derek Carr

Jimmy GQ

I could see him cracking the top 10 on hype. I'd estimate he'd go in the 9-13 range.

Big Ben is probably going to retire and right now I'd take Garopollo over Smith, Carr, Goff and maybe even Ryan.

They will get the tools for Jimmy. You can judge on their current roster.

Rodgers

Wentz

Russell hustle & bustle

Brady

Goff thanks to mcvay

Deshaun Watson

Cam

Matty Ice

Stafford

Luck

Roethlisberger

Phillip Rivers

Alex Smith

Derek Carr

Jimmy GQ

He will surpass Brady, Marty No ice, Cam, Goff and everyone below Watson on your list, so that puts him at 5. However, guys like Watson and Wentz may not stay healthy all year, so think about that too.

I think he'll definitively finish top 10 next year.. he will have Garcon back plus a high draft pick at WR.. team will be all around better next year.

He will surpass Brady, Marty No ice, Cam, Goff and everyone below Watson on your list, so that puts him at 5. However, guys like Watson and Wentz may not stay healthy all year, so think about that too.

Just too get this right, you see him as a top five QB next season?

Also congrats on your title.

Merry Christmas

Revelation 4:8.

I'm definitely targeting him next year in my auction. Hopefully SF can build around the guy. They need to fix that o-line and not waffle on their RBs.

#10 and 11 QBs in my league were Brees and Rivers at 284 and 282 pts (rounded off).

Jimmy Garoppolo averaged 15.8 ppg, so over 15 games he'd be around 237 pts.

I don't think I'm going out on a limb saying a healthy Rodgers and Dak with a full season of Elliott are going to raise the bar to get into the top 10 up around 300 pts in our scoring system. So Garoppolo is going to have to increase his ppg, and maintain that increase over a full season.

It's possible he makes the top 10 at season's end, but I don't think it's likely. And I definitely wouldn't draft him expecting it. He may well get overdrafted next year as everyone looks at him with googly eyes.

I don't get how he could be top 10 with that offense. It's not good.

I do expect them to sign a guy like eric decker or marqise lee or allen robinson in free agency.

#10 and 11 QBs in my league were Brees and Rivers at 284 and 282 pts (rounded off).

I don't think I'm going out on a limb saying a healthy Rodgers and Dak with a full season of Elliott are going to raise the bar to get into the top 10 up around 300 pts in our scoring system. So Garoppolo is going to have to increase his ppg, and maintain that increase over a full season.

It's possible he makes the top 10 at season's end, but I don't think it's likely. And I definitely wouldn't draft him expecting it. He may well get overdrafted next year as everyone looks at him with googly eyes.

Brees had Michael Thomas with Kamara and Ingram coming out of the backfield. Rivers had Keenan Allen, Hunter Henry and Gordon in his backfield. Who did Garoppolo have again? I realize you can make the argument that he won't start the year as a top 10 QB next year, but stop comparing his small sample of playing time to guys who actually had weapons this year.

His arrival does make the forgotten man, Joe Williams, a must draft for me, however.

Brees had Michael Thomas with Kamara and Ingram coming out of the backfield. Rivers had Keenan Allen, Hunter Henry and Gordon in his backfield. Who did Garoppolo have again? I realize you can make the argument that he won't start the year as a top 10 QB next year, but stop comparing his small sample of playing time to guys who actually had weapons this year.

Who would you compare him too?

His arrival does make the forgotten man, Joe Williams, a must draft for me, however.

Why?

Heard a good nickname on the bill simmons pod cast...

Jimmy Jesus.

That's gotta be a top 10 qb nickname

Why?

Because with Jimmy at qb the 49ers are going to score more and thusly the supporting cast will score more.

Why?

Because with Jimmy at qb the 49ers are going to score more and thusly the supporting cast will score more.

Yes.

Also, much like the oft-maligned Alex Collins back when he was drafted, I have been a big vocal proponent of Joe Williams for eventual relevance (and perhaps stardom) in fantasy.

Now, the road to relevance has gotten easier. Hyde is good...but not a game-breaking workhorse. Same with Breida, imo. Joe Williams, in my observation, has the talent to put up big #'s, particularly with Jimmy G around to keep defenses honest. Also, his price tag should be dirt cheap.

Who would you compare him too?

In the four weeks since Garoppolo became the starter? Eli Manning. Comparable supporting cast. Maybe Jay Cutler.

In the four weeks since Garoppolo became the starter? Eli Manning. Comparable supporting cast. Maybe Jay Cutler.

Jeez, did jimmy fock your wife or something?

You need to do a hand calculation of Garoppolo's per game numbers in which he started. The websites are including the game he came in late in the 4th quarter for like 3 plays in that average.

Yes.

Also, much like the oft-maligned Alex Collins back when he was drafted, I have been a big vocal proponent of Joe Williams for eventual relevance (and perhaps stardom) in fantasy.

Now, the road to relevance has gotten easier. Hyde is good...but not a game-breaking workhorse. Same with Breida, imo. Joe Williams, in my observation, has the talent to put up big #'s, particularly with Jimmy G around to keep defenses honest. Also, his price tag should be dirt cheap.

Hey thanks for the reply, I just wanted too see what you had too say about J Williams.

I think he's a very talented player also, and was just seeing how others also rank him.

Revelation 7:11-12&15

The 49ers have a lot of space and draft picks to make some moves and may also have a good shot at getting Barkley to take over at RB next season. There's still a lot that can change between now and August. I can see all the "experts" touting Jimmy G as the guy to get next season and I think his price will climb way too high. Many already are crowing him. Anyone who thinks they're gonna be able to steal him next season is dreaming, The hype train on Jimmy G in 2018 has already begun.

For any Niner fans out there, they won't win the SB but it's good to see players as pumped as fans. Jimmy G I might not think of as a top 10 qb just yet but the energy he's bringing to the rest of the team, I could see Hyde becoming a bigger deal in FF next year, someone to target a bit earlier than usual.

Jeez, did jimmy fock your wife or something?

Ha! No but I wouldn't blame her if he did. He's prettier than Brady.

You've taken my quote out of context. I'm a big Jimmy G. supporter. My point was that you can't look at what Garoppolo's done in his four starts and compare his ppg to QBs who have stud weapons. The Giants and Dolphins are somewhat comparable to the 49ers offense right now, so it makes more sense to compare Jimmy to Eli and Cutler than Brees and Rivers.

Ha! No but I wouldn't blame her if he did. He's prettier than Brady.

You've taken my quote out of context. I'm a big Jimmy G. supporter. My point was that you can't look at what Garoppolo's done in his four starts and compare his ppg to QBs who have stud weapons. The Giants and Dolphins are somewhat comparable to the 49ers offense right now, so it makes more sense to compare Jimmy to Eli and Cutler than Brees and Rivers.

I assume hell have better weapons next year. Pretty much has to, right?

And who makes the weapons? The QB to a large extent. Unless its a true stud that would succeed anywhere.

Hell probably end up overhyped but I can see why people are excited for Jimmy G next season

Interesting article.

It's one of those things that I will believe it when or if it happens.

But it's a very interesting situation.

Just hard too believe that the Bill was forced too trade him away by the owner and Brady.

I mean how and by what means did they use.

Rodgers

Wentz

Russell hustle & bustle

Brady

Goff thanks to mcvay

Deshaun Watson

Cam

Matty Ice

Stafford

Luck

Roethlisberger

Phillip Rivers

Alex Smith

Derek Carr

Jimmy GQ

Armchair GM's in here doubting Garappolo probably didn't even consider Wentz, Goff, or Watson last year. And I got Russ Wilson as a 2nd QB in my draft this past year.

Guys on your list above that I probably won't own......Brady, Cam, Ryan, Luck, Big Ben, Rivers, A Smith, and D Carr.

2 guys I'll have a good chance of owning based on the list you have above.......Mariota and Prescott

And lets remember, Jimmy G isn't a rookie......he's very ready to step in and be great now.