Sign in to follow this  
joneo

Preparing for the playoffs

With 3 teams; Rams, Saints and Chiefs doing so well, there's a chance they might clinch a first round bye in the near future. With that being the case, they will probably be resting Gurley, Hunt and Kamara in the final 2 weeks when you need them most. While Ingram is likely already on someone's roster, the other two RBs that need to be stashed on the bench are Malcolm Brown (Rams) and Spencer Ware (KC). Get them now before someone else grabs them. :cheers:

Also, Carolina and Baltimore have a very favorable wk 14-17 schedule:

Carolina Baltimore

CLE 14 KC

NO 15 TB
ATL 16 LAC
NO 17 Clev

If every decent starter is being rested how valuable are the back up RBs? I think it's going to be tough to trust them if the starters do sit.

I agree with this to a certain point. I think the idea is those guys will at least be getting touches.

I agree with this to a certain point. I think the idea is those guys will at least be getting touches.

I agree with that. I just question how valuable those touches will be and if you're going to want to trust those guys in the playoffs. If you have Hunt or Gurley you may be forced to start them, but if you don't I think it'll be hard to trust them over the RB 1s &2s that got you in the playoffs.

Looks to me like it will be quite unlikely any team will be sitting out players with 2 weeks to go this year. It's not just getting a first round bye, but also seeding has to be settled before sitting players. Such as, both NO and LAR could be first round byes but if the number one overall seed is still up for grabs, both teams will want it, getting home field advantage throughout the playoffs is huge.

It is getting the time of year for fantasy owners to look forward however. I think I'm looking good for the playoffs and have been looking at grabbing a D early for weeks 15 and 16. I thought Denver's D looks good - Clev and Oakland.

Depends so much on your current depth.

If your depth is better then any of those handcuffs then you should good to go.

Not so sure any of those starters won’t play some.

So even the handcuff might only get into the game for only half of it.

But if your weak at depth then I think you should atleast look at the option of handcuffs.

I might be wrong here but I don't recall any significant resting in week 16, week 17 absolutely but 2 weeks? When was the last time starters were benched 2 weeks straight? 3 weeks out of a game with a bye.

I don't remember teams resting players for more than 1 week. Especially if they should be in line for a bye week. Does KC really want Hunt to not play for 3 weeks? Or their QB? Same for other players. No chance. Plus they have to get there first.

I might be wrong here but I don't recall any significant resting in week 16, week 17 absolutely but 2 weeks? When was the last time starters were benched 2 weeks straight? 3 weeks out of a game with a bye.

Kansas City did it to me once. It stings and leaves a lasting impression. Also, any nagging little injury will cause them to be taken out of a game that means nothing.

Chiefs cant rest of those Chargers keep winning!!!

True