Sign in to follow this  
Filthy Fernadez

Health Care Company fires employees who refused flu shots....

I got the shots a couple of times when my wife was preggo, but never before or since.

Ive never actually gotten the flu anyway. Probably just lucky.

I got the shots a couple of times when my wife was preggo, but never before or since.

Ive never actually gotten the flu anyway. Probably just lucky.

You can thank all those around you that DID get the flu shot for keeping it from spreading to you.

You can thank all those around you that DID get the flu shot for keeping it from spreading to you.

Meh. Half the people at my work get the shot. Some get sick who got it. Some get sick who dont. I rarely ever get sick and never get the shot. I rode 2 hours with a buddy a couple weeks ago who was sick. Never got sick.

It is probably just my killer immune system compared to everyone else's pansy immune system. Im letting Darwin do his thing with the weaker humans.

• Like 1

It is probably just my killer immune system compared to everyone else's pansy immune system. Im letting Darwin do his thing with the weaker humans.

When we were younger my wife ate way better than me but she always caught colds and I rarely did. My theory was that my immune system was on such high alert eating and drinking crap that it laughed when a cold or flu virus tried to take hold. Sorta like when a vegan eats meat and gets sick because he isn't used to processing the toxins in meat. :thumbsup:

Nowadays my company sends us $15 Costco cards to get the flu shot. That, and if my diabetic daughter catches the flu it is bad. I may get it this weekend. :

For all those bragging about never getting sick, a couple things you should know. 1. 5-20% of the unvaccinated population gets the flu every year, with differences based on the seasonal strain and host immune status. 2. Up to 3/4 of infected people have no symptoms. 3. You can still spread flu in the absence of symptoms.

So, even though you think you've never had the flu, chances are you have, and if you choose to go unvaccinated the odds go up. And even if you don't recognize any symptoms, you can still potentially infect those around you whose immune systems aren't so great.

For all those bragging about never getting sick, a couple things you should know. 1. 5-20% of the unvaccinated population gets the flu every year, with differences based on the seasonal strain and host immune status. 2. Up to 3/4 of infected people have no symptoms. 3. You can still spread flu in the absence of symptoms.

So, even though you think you've never had the flu, chances are you have, and if you choose to go unvaccinated the odds go up. And even if you don't recognize any symptoms, you can still potentially infect those around you whose immune systems aren't so great.

Why do you hate science? Digby already said, (rough estimate) that 90% of people he knew got sick. Let it go.

When we were younger my wife ate way better than me but she always caught colds and I rarely did. My theory was that my immune system was on such high alert eating and drinking crap that it laughed when a cold or flu virus tried to take hold. Sorta like when a vegan eats meat and gets sick because he isn't used to processing the toxins in meat. :thumbsup:

Nowadays my company sends us $15 Costco cards to get the flu shot. That, and if my diabetic daughter catches the flu it is bad. I may get it this weekend. :

I bite my nails. I believe that's led to me not getting sick a lot. Serious

I've had the flu shot once in my adult life, I've had the flu once in my adult life.. Same year...

I'm good.

This.

Woman dies of sepsis after getting flu shot; CDC claims it as flu death,

A Wisconsin radiology technician who was recently forced by her employer to get a flu shot died just days later after contracting sepsis, according to reports. Katie McQuestion, a 26-year-old from Kenosha, reportedly took the jab in compliance with her hospital's demands, resulting in a rapid progression from good health to severe illness to gruesome death.

https://www.naturalnews.com/048530_flu_shot_CDC_vaccine_death.html

Woman dies of sepsis after getting flu shot; CDC claims it as flu death,

A Wisconsin radiology technician who was recently forced by her employer to get a flu shot died just days later after contracting sepsis, according to reports. Katie McQuestion, a 26-year-old from Kenosha, reportedly took the jab in compliance with her hospital's demands, resulting in a rapid progression from good health to severe illness to gruesome death.

https://www.naturalnews.com/048530_flu_shot_CDC_vaccine_death.html

Are you sure that this isn't fake news?

I'm guessing your suspicion is correct.

Well, I try to give the benefit of the doubt, but my initial investigation shows that there may be some embellishment in the article. From someone who should be sensitive about false reports, I would think that more responsibility in reporting was warranted by Baker Boy

I got a sniffle and felt something coming on the other day, immediately popped a couple Zicam zinc supplements and it went away later that day.

I'm convinced Zicam is an export from Krypton.

Are you sure that this isn't fake news?

Fake news is news that makes you feel bad. If it makes you feel good its real news. :)

I got a sniffle and felt something coming on the other day, immediately popped a couple Zicam zinc supplements and it went away later that day.

I'm convinced Zicam is an export from Krypton.

Did he just admit to being Bizzaro Superman?

The flu shot does not make you sick. You had a coincidental sickness at the time you got the flu shot and made the correlation. The biggest reason you need to get the shot are for the young, elderly, and immunocompromised people you run into that you could spread the flu to if you get it. Ironically enough, that's probably the reason you have not gotten the flu in the past 13 years.

Good on the health care company. The last thing you need around people who already have lowered immune system is some idiot nurse spreading the flu.

People do not get the flu from the shot, if they get the flu after the shot it is because the shot only covers a percentage of the stains that season. In 2015 the shot only covered 23% percent of the strains.