Sign in to follow this  
dain11279

Happy Thanksgiving geeks!

Happy Thanksgiving Geeks. My wife made a full feast that we are dropping off at the local police station for those who have to work. She's done it the last couple of years, so good on her.

Then off to the in-laws for turkey, football and drinking. Be safe everyone.

Happy Thanksgiving Geeks :cheers: No fighting over politics :mad: behave yourselves and have a great holiday!

Happy Thanksgiving Geeks :cheers: No fighting over politics :mad: behave yourselves and have a great holiday!

Hope they save an extra leg for you. :cheers:

dammit :mad: I wanted to come up with something like that but was stumped.

Happy Thanksgiving turkeys! Enjoy the day and count your blessings.

dammit :mad: I wanted to come up with something like that but was stumped.

:lol:

Winnah winnah turkey dinner

Happy Thanksgiving geeks!

Got the bird on the grill, watching football and :cheers:

Hope you guys all have a great day.

:lol:

Happy Thanksgiving to the Geek Club - here's to hoping Dallas doesn't accidentally win this game, bring on the better draft pick. :thumbsup:

Happy thanksgiving fellas. Outside siting by the fire watching Lions vs Vikings enjoying myself. Thought about grabbing a beer but said screw it and got hot chocolate that I made in the crockpot

Happy Thanksgiving Geeks. My wife made a full feast that we are dropping off at the local police station for those who have to work. She's done it the last couple of years, so good on her.

Then off to the in-laws for turkey, football and drinking. Be safe everyone.

:cry: Thanks for doing that....

Not just for monetary things, but family, health, a good job, a place to live, food in our stomaches... even when it's not going great for us... there are millions would trade spots with us at our worst.

I'm Thankful...

God Bless everyone... :)

Happy thanksgiving fellas. Outside siting by the fire watching Lions vs Vikings enjoying myself. Thought about grabbing a beer but said screw it and got hot chocolate that I made in the crockpot

Sounds delicious. I made a roast in the coffee maker the other day as well :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Great Thanksgiving - made Caldo de Res for breakfast, hit some balls, hit the bar for dinner w/a few Gentleman Jack's, watched Boys get embarrassed (AGAIN), Red this much closer to getting the boot! :banana:

Fun day. Did most of the cooking on Wednesday so yesterday was easy. Might head West to the beach today while the world is shopping.

Strange phenomenon yesterday. I wasn't cooking, but the guy who was had it all tricked out. He was running a smoker and an oven and he had those remote thermometer things where you can pull up the temperature on his iPad or whatever and I assumed read charts and what the hell ever. Just shows you what technology get you.

The bird? Breast was pretty much a perfect 180 give or take. And he's carving the sucker and right there at the socket where the drumsticks attached s*** was serious pink red.

Hell, sometimes you have to tent those things just to make sure they don't overcook since they're on the outside. This time for the turkey he used a cooking bag. I'm not sure I've ever seen one turn out like that. The whole bird itself once they started eating on it tasted a hair undercooked. So I'm guessing his sensors were crap.

I know I'm a curmudgeon. But when your smoker and your oven are like 12 Steps from you? Maybe perchance you don't actually need to have a remote sensing device for your f****** temperature. Walk your ass over and stick that f*****.

Bright side, he did some sort of pre glaze on the ham and then an entirely different finishing glaze and that ham ended up being fantastic with just a little bit of mustard Heat at the end.

Sounds delicious. I made a roast in the coffee maker the other day as well :thumbsup:

LOL.

You know, I really like hot chocolate. I just wish it took 8 hours to make it.