Sign in to follow this  
Strike

School shooting solution

The solution is to remove any guns, not add more.

So you want the police to have no guns? LOL.

How come when someone mentions putting an armed officer in a school, there is always some lib from waaaaay out in left field shouting "MORE Guns? More guns? Guns are the problem in the first place...."

We didn't say give the guns to a convicted murderer.

Also, lets say you were being stalked and threatened, and were offered police security.....would you take it or refuse? LOL

If someone did break into your house, and was threatening to shoot your wife and kids and blow their brains all over the curtains for you to see, I bet you'd hope a policeman (or anyone) showed up and removed the threat.

In fact, I guarantee you would. Yet you sit here talking out of the other side of your mouth....

Pathetic pukes like you ruin this country.

Columbine had an armed officer.

Turns out, these retired rent-a-cops aren't much into putting their lives on the line for a bunch of snot-nosed jerks who treat them like crap 364 days out of the year.

Having said that, I'm pretty much on board with any teacher who graduates a training course to be able to protect themselves and their kids.

But we all know they're some Looney bastards who are teachers out there. And we all know what happens the first time one of those Looney bastards ends up losing their temper and shooting one of the kids.

So, hell if I know.

• Like 1

Da fuq? I meant no guns in schools. You quoted a reply of mine to having armed security in kids schools which I dont think would help. In no way did I say or imply police should have no guns period. I think police and military should be armed to the teeth at all times, but not civilians and psychotic teenage dipshitz.

Turns out, these retired rent-a-cops aren't much into putting their lives on the line for a bunch of snot-nosed jerks who treat them like crap 364 days out of the year.

Having said that, I'm pretty much on board with any teacher who graduates a training course to be able to protect themselves and their kids.

But we all know they're some Looney bastards who are teachers out there. And we all know what happens the first time one of those Looney bastards ends up losing their temper and shooting one of the kids.

So, hell if I know.

Seems like it wouldnt help much. These shootings generally seem pretty well planned. If the kid goes to school there, he knows where the armed guard is, and would shoot him first I would think.

Not to mention, pistol vs. AR probably wouldnt end well for the guard.

How come when someone mentions putting an armed officer in a school, there is always some lib from waaaaay out in left field shouting "MORE Guns? More guns? Guns are the problem in the first place...."

We didn't say give the guns to a convicted murderer.

Also, lets say you were being stalked and threatened, and were offered police security.....would you take it or refuse? LOL

If someone did break into your house, and was threatening to shoot your wife and kids and blow their brains all over the curtains for you to see, I bet you'd hope a policeman (or anyone) showed up and removed the threat.

In fact, I guarantee you would. Yet you sit here talking out of the other side of your mouth....

Pathetic pukes like you ruin this country.

Youre on the side thats getting kids slaughtered. Pump the brakes on how much your helping out Rosa Parks.

More bullets wizzing around cant equal less death.

Youre on the side thats getting kids slaughtered. Pump the brakes on how much your helping out Rosa Parks.

The poosay whiny pc police dolts are a problem in America.

As are the Merica, small minded fringe on the other side.

The middle needs to take America back.

Seems like it wouldnt help much. These shootings generally seem pretty well planned. If the kid goes to school there, he knows where the armed guard is, and would shoot him first I would think.

Not to mention, pistol vs. AR probably wouldnt end well for the guard.

This for sure. Some rent a cop that has a 99.999% chance of never needing his weapon wont be ready on the slim chance some nut barges in with a rifle. He would be killed first if anything for sure. Plus no one is going to pay for him to stand around all day all year never needed.

So, hell if I know.

The resource officers at our schools are active duty police officers, not "retired rent-a-cops." :dunno:

The resource officers at our schools are active duty police officers, not "retired rent-a-cops." :dunno:

We had a cop at my school 20 years ago. We always made sure to bring back an extra burger and fries when we cut class in case he caught us and we had to bribe him.

He carried a 9mm and pepper spray. Saw him use the latter once. One time the seniors dumbed dozens of dead rodents through the roof hatch into his office. That was hilarious.

Here in china, when there was a rash of school knifings back in the day, Im told the parents took it upon themselves to stand guard at the school. Now we have three unarmed guards at my school. They have these weird catchpole things. Im pretty sure I could take all three of em unarmed. They are not a fearsome bunch.

the FBI claims that 300,000 to 3million crimes are prevented due to firearms

The US is an outlier, cause we are a melting pot, our numbers are skewed by places like Det, Chicago, Balt, DC, Oak, and gang violence seen by nowhere else.

the real problem is why does it always turn to mass shootings, when there have been around 1800 homicides via guns this year, I think this is the first over 5 this year

http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/reports/mass-shooting

so we have 51 people killed in what is described as mass shootings, while tragic its 2.83% of the deaths, yet this is what is glorified, and its why it pisses me off

the first thing we need to do is be honest, and realize that mass shootings are not the problem, hell probably the majority in the list presented weren't worthy of calling mass shootings (I would say all but 1 other)

What pisses me off is we ignore gun-related suicides, which outnumber homicides. But owning a gun increases your risk of BOTH, so all those averted crimes (a highly subjective number BTW) don’t really matter.

State of Minnesota proves liberals are idiots when it comes to gun control:

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2018/02/15/reality-check-gun-permit-background-checks/

More people are carrying guns than ever before, but the crime rate remains relatively low. WCCO’s Pat Kessler is looking at the numbers, and giving them a Reality Check.

We took a hard look at the numbers, and found: Minnesota has a high rate of gun ownership, and a relatively low rate of violent crime.
Minnesota’s violent crime rate hit a 50-year low in 2016, according to the FBI.
And in 2017, the state set a new record for firearms background checks.

State of Minnesota proves liberals are idiots when it comes to gun control:

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2018/02/15/reality-check-gun-permit-background-checks/

Why don’t you look at data for the other 49 states?

Spoiler alert - in general, more guns = more gun violence, and vice versa. Moreover, more gun regulation = less gun violence. By and large, this holds true for the US and abroad.

Why dont you look at data for the other 49 states?

Spoiler alert - in general, more guns = more gun violence, and vice versa. Moreover, more gun regulation = less gun violence. By and large, this holds true for the US and abroad.

What if I said more blacks= more gun violence, less blacks=less gun violence? What would you think about that data?

Prove it.

It would be pretty easy. Look at a list of the highest percentage AA cities, and a list of cities by violent crime rate. They are pretty much the same list.

Then look at the individual cities themselves. Plot the crimes on a map. Then plot where the AA live. Again, youll find a striking similarity.

It would be pretty easy. Look at a list of the highest percentage AA cities, and a list of cities by violent crime rate. They are pretty much the same list.

Then look at the individual cities themselves. Plot the crimes on a map. Then plot where the AA live. Again, youll find a striking similarity.

The state with the highest fiirearm deaths per capita is Alaska. Are there many blacks there? https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/death-by-gun-top-20-states-with-highest-rates/21/

The highest rate of firearm deaths per capita in the country is Alaska. Are there many blacks there? https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/death-by-gun-top-20-states-with-highest-rates/21/

Where's the lowest? And you're a funny guy.

I'm not saying I like it necessarily agree with it, but unless Hollywood's Gone full retard, then in a matter of days if not already somebody's going to have to bring up the hypocrisy of Hollywood turning out movies like John Wick every other week and then decrying gun violence.

Like it or not, that's one of the big differences between other countries and the US. Once you set aside the availability of guns, the fact that nudity is treated as no big deal but violence is treated as just a notch above a snuff film is just a reality.

Even if you were I or not impacted or motivated by these kind of films, it has been proven that seeing these kind of films, hearing certain kinds of music can indeed help push unstable mines over the top. Again, don't ask me to engage you in debate on this, because I don't like it any more than you do. I still want to fist rape Tipper Gore for that reason.

But if I'm chilling for the NRA? You can damn sure bet I'm going after the hypocrisy of showing these insanely violent films where in the good guy uses 52 different guns during the course of a film to murder 500 different people. Oh really Hollywood you hate gun violence? All evidence to the contrary!

I think the trend line will go down in terms of how many of these movies we'll see in the future. We're already seeing the overt acts of violence being shot around so to speak on TV shows.

You don't have a solution though. You just sit back and yak "Everyone needs to get along". Trust me. There are brighter minds than yours or mine. And guess what. They don't have a solution. So quit pretending you have a clue.

Wait..okay...if you have a solution...put it into play. If you can't do it...then it's not a solution. Its a fantasy island wish.

So let us all know when you have fixed the problem with your solution. Until then, keep right on living in your world filled with unicorns and glowsticks.

The state with the highest fiirearm deaths per capita is Alaska. Are there many blacks there? https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/death-by-gun-top-20-states-with-highest-rates/21/

Check U.S prisons for prisoners locked up for violent crime.

It's true...school shooters, calculated mass shootings = white.

Daily violence shooters = black.

Overall violence from guns (capita and probably total) = black.

How come there is always one dumb@ss that lists an exception to the rule when someone else posts a general rule? They post it as "ah-ha! got ya". No....you showed there is an exception. Just like there is for everything.

"My grandma smoked 4 packs a day for 70 years, and she lived to be 98. I know a guy that never smoked and ran marathons and ate right...etc....and he died at age 25. That shows smoking makes you live longer"

• Like 2

What if I said more blacks= more gun violence, less blacks=less gun violence? What would you think about that data?

This is fact, why would he argue? In a dif post I said the USA will always lead in gun violence because we have the most blacks and they cause the most overal violence. Pen is deluded if he thinks otherwise. He will use corner cases like Alaska and outlier examples for any argument he tries to make a case in.

How come there is always one dumb@ss that lists an exception to the rule when someone else posts a general rule? They post it as "ah-ha! got ya". No....you showed there is an exception. Just like there is for everything.

"My grandma smoked 4 packs a day for 70 years, and she lived to be 98. I know a guy that never smoked and ran marathons and ate right...etc....and he died at age 25. That shows smoking makes you live longer"

This is Pen in a nutshell, great example and statement.

see what Pen did here, thats a perfect leftist bait and switch, we are talking about homicides in inner cities and he flips it to firearm deaths so he can include suicide to avoid the truth

Alaska gun related deaths are suicide driven

Here in china, when there was a rash of school knifings back in the day, Im told the parents took it upon themselves to stand guard at the school. Now we have three unarmed guards at my school. They have these weird catchpole things. Im pretty sure I could take all three of em unarmed. They are not a fearsome bunch.

"the parents took it upon themselves to stand guard at the school"

I think you just uncovered the lynchpin.

What pisses me off is we ignore gun-related suicides, which outnumber homicides. But owning a gun increases your risk of BOTH, so all those averted crimes (a highly subjective number BTW) don’t really matter.

It must, you never stop bringing it up. :)

Wait what? You couldn't single out Minnesota but you can Alaska. Doc, you are losing it.

Look at the top ten states in my link, slappy. Ive provided more credible data/links on this topic than just about anyone, but you guys never bother to pay attention. Use the search function if you want to see which states have the most gun violence/deaths relative to number of guns and extent of regulation.

see what Pen did here, thats a perfect leftist bait and switch, we are talking about homicides in inner cities and he flips it to firearm deaths so he can include suicide to avoid the truth

No baiting, as I’ve been very open that I believe ALL gun deaths are relevant.

This is fact, why would he argue? In a dif post I said the USA will always lead in gun violence because we have the most blacks and they cause the most overal violence. Pen is deluded if he thinks otherwise. He will use corner cases like Alaska and outlier examples for any argument he tries to make a case in.This is Pen in a nutshell, great example and statement.

Nah, I acknowledge inner city blacks are a big chunk of gun violence, but removing them from the equation doesn’t solve our gun problem.

Yep. Typical frustrating Penny. :( From his own link:

In Alaska, suicide was the leading cause of gun deaths, with it being the main factor in more than 80% of all firearm deaths.

Look at the top ten states in my link. They arent the blackest in the country.

Why are you trying to define this by state? The statement was that where there are more blacks there is more gun death. Trying to define that by state is idiotic because within any given state there are places with more blacks and places with less. Let's focus our discussion on areas with high concentration of AA's versus areas with high concentrations of another race.

• Like 1

You have to love the "science" people who ignore or manipulate data that doesn't fit their ideaology. It's great for them. When data agrees with their idealogy, it's science and you're a moron to question it. When it doesn't it's dismissed. Win-win.

Call me crazy but I think theres probably some options between what we have now and full and immediate confiscation of little Timmys B.B. gun :dunno:

The goal of the Left is to remove all guns from American society. This is just a step toward that goal and that is why there is resistance.

• Like 1

The goal of the Left is to remove all guns from American society. This is just a step toward that goal and that is why there is resistance.

Yep....as much as its the rights goal to arm every human regardless of age with a high capacity weapon for “protection”.

Thats as stupid as saying the left wants ALL guns removed. They dont.

Suicide is the leading cause of gun-related deaths across the nation in recent years. Of the 32,351 firearm deaths in 2011, nearly 20,000 were suicides. In all but one state with the most gun-related deaths, suicide accounted for the majority of fatalities. Six states — Alaska, Wyoming, Oklahoma, Montana, Arkansas, and New Mexico — reported more than 10.0 firearm-related suicides per 100,000 residents, versus the national rate of 6.2.

https://247wallst.com/special-report/2014/06/26/231958/

It's true...school shooters, calculated mass shootings = white.

Daily violence shooters = black.

Overall violence from guns (capita and probably total) = black.

Not this sh1t again...

I've already proven that whites are under representative when it comes to school shootings and Asians are over representative when using population data. Whites make up 53% of all school shootings. Well under white population make up.

If you want to look at world wide stats, and yes school shooting happen all over the world. This is just not a US problem. School shootings by whites gets even smaller.

The reason people correct you is because you're wrong.