Sign in to follow this  
The Football Guru

Instant Fantasy Analysis - RB Ezekiel Elliott, Cowboys

I think they eat into it quite a bit. I do think Zeke will be the future of Dallas but this year I just don't think he will get enough touches to make him fantasy relevant

You as are insane.
  • Like 1

leaked cowboys board shows him as their top prospect, with ramsay 2nd. jerry does a lot of things, but he doesn't build the board--we know this from previous leaked boards.

Zeke being the top prospect tells me Jerry most certainly was the one who ranked him as such. It may not have been his hand writing, but he was the one who wanted Zeke.

I think they eat into it quite a bit. I do think Zeke will be the future of Dallas but this year I just don't think he will get enough touches to make him fantasy relevant

Well we disagree quite a bit then. Zeke will be "fantasy relevant", I'm just not sure he'll be one of the top fantasy RBs in the league

Well we disagree quite a bit then. Zeke will be "fantasy relevant", I'm just not sure he'll be one of the top fantasy RBs in the league

Everything I've heard in Dallas so far this summer leads me to believe The Boys are going to return to the power running game they busted out in 2014. Of course everything is predicated on Romo staying upright, but if so I can see a very big year for Elliott. Relevant? Hell, I'm calling him the top fantasy option. Just my opinion.

McFragile and Alf may scab some GL carries, and an occasional series or two. But with this kids proclivity in pass protection and as a receiver, coupled with his youth, I see him staying on the field with regularity.

It'll be interesting to see. I know a lot of people want him to be THE man but with McFadden and Morris there he's going to have to really turn heads this year if he wants to be fantasy relevant. I was thinking no more than 10 touches a game for Zeke

It'll be interesting to see. I know a lot of people want him to be THE man but with McFadden and Morris there he's going to have to really turn heads this year if he wants to be fantasy relevant. I was thinking no more than 10 touches a game for Zeke

If the Dallas coaching staff only gives Zeke 10 or fewer touches per game, they'll all be selling Arby's sandwiches by November 1st.

If the Dallas coaching staff only gives Zeke 10 or fewer touches per game, they'll all be selling Arby's sandwiches by November 1st.

this. unless he's a knucklehead who can't remember assignments, he's going to get a ton of work.

They'll have their fourth overall pick more involved than that. And DMV and Alf aren't exactly all world.

They'll have their fourth overall pick more involved than that. And DMV and Alf aren't exactly all world.

I'm sorry but I just don't see rostering that much talent at one position only to have the rookie running back who's never played a down in the NFL just become the workhorse this year. Next year? Sure. This year? No. I'm saying it now. He won't be fantasy relevant and he won't get more than 10 touches a game unless he pulls an Adrian Peterson which I doubt will happen. Just cause he was drafted 4th overall doesn't automatically make him a star

• Like 1

I'm sorry but I just don't see rostering that much talent at one position only to have the rookie running back who's never played a down in the NFL just become the workhorse this year. Next year? Sure. This year? No. I'm saying it now. He won't be fantasy relevant and he won't get more than 10 touches a game unless he pulls an Adrian Peterson which I doubt will happen. Just cause he was drafted 4th overall doesn't automatically make him a star

what do you mean "that much talent"? you're talking about one guy who was dumped by one of the worst teams in the league at the time, and another guy who got benched in favor of a rookie by one of the worst teams in the league at the time.

We are still talking about Darren Mcfadden and Alfred Morris right? Here's all you need to know: Zeke was the Cowboys #1 rookie. You do not draft the top player just to use him sparingly.

Not that this team isn't capable of completely underutilizibg and wasting a high pick, we've in fact mastered this craft - but that won't be the case with Zeke. He was brought in as a defensive addition, which means he will get it often and a lot, as the man.

Ha ha ha, you're a funny guy. Not that you're a clown and you amuse me, but that you make me laugh.

Alf couldn't beat out Matt Jones. You think he's gonna contend with Elliot?

Fearless Forecast: Unlike Michael Bennett, Ron Dayne, Brian Calhoun and Montee Ball before him, Gordon is a flashy, dynamic rusher who is sure to overcome Wisconsin's RB-bust reputation. He certainly isn't without flaws and will need to show improvement in certain areas to net 18-22 touches per game, but his game-breaking wheels and open-field elusiveness will likely gift him ample opportunities. Come midseason, he'll be a borderline RB1 no matter the landing spot, provided his fumble problems are in the past. Todd Gurley may have the more productive career, but given the Georgia product's possible physical limitations, Gordon is the safer 2015 pick. If he earns a substantial workload, a final line around 1300 combined yards with 6-8 TDs is entirely reachable. Invest with confidence.

Chargers OC Frank Reich says his early impressions of first-round pick Melvin Gordon are "incredibly, incredibly positive."

"You can see he has great vision. You can see he has great patience," Reich observed. "And he's just got great physical ability. ... I don't want to say too much because he's got to do it. But I'm just very excited about him, like off-the-charts excited." The 15th pick in the draft, Gordon offers double-digit TD upside as the lead runner in a proficient offense and is priced reasonably at a third-round ADP.

Fearless Forecast: Unlike Michael Bennett, Ron Dayne, Brian Calhoun and Montee Ball before him, Gordon is a flashy, dynamic rusher who is sure to overcome Wisconsin's RB-bust reputation. He certainly isn't without flaws and will need to show improvement in certain areas to net 18-22 touches per game, but his game-breaking wheels and open-field elusiveness will likely gift him ample opportunities. Come midseason, he'll be a borderline RB1 no matter the landing spot, provided his fumble problems are in the past. Todd Gurley may have the more productive career, but given the Georgia product's possible physical limitations, Gordon is the safer 2015 pick. If he earns a substantial workload, a final line around 1300 combined yards with 6-8 TDs is entirely reachable. Invest with confidence.

Chargers OC Frank Reich says his early impressions of first-round pick Melvin Gordon are "incredibly, incredibly positive."

"You can see he has great vision. You can see he has great patience," Reich observed. "And he's just got great physical ability. ... I don't want to say too much because he's got to do it. But I'm just very excited about him, like off-the-charts excited." The 15th pick in the draft, Gordon offers double-digit TD upside as the lead runner in a proficient offense and is priced reasonably at a third-round ADP.

The Bolt's offensive line is dog-shite.

Too bad he had to dodge tackles in the backfield half the time.

Ezekiel Elliott's girlfriend, Tiffany Thompson, posted several photos of bruises to her Instagram account Friday morning, claiming she's a victim of domestic violence.

According to TMZ Sports, a police report has been filed and Elliott has been named the suspect. Thompson claims Elliott assaulted her while the two were in her vehicle. The images posted to Thompson's Instagram account are nothing short of disturbing. Elliott denies any wrongdoing.

Oh my soul , woke up today and my top two Rbs on my board are both having a great day .

Supposedly Elliot got busted cheating on this Tiffany chick.

Hopefully it's just some psycho chick payback thing, but that is a lot of bruises for someone to put on themselves.

This sucks. But if he did it he deserves whatever punishment comes his way. Dang Cowboys.

This would be bad if he played for a dif team, but Dallas is fine with woman beaters.

I forgot, how much did they resign Hardy for?

Once he stopped throwing chicks on piles of guns, they lost interest.

I forgot, how much did they resign Hardy for?

They signed him in the first place last year, after all the shlt went down :doh:

Ezekiel Elliott's girlfriend, Tiffany Thompson, posted several photos of bruises to her Instagram account Friday morning, claiming she's a victim of domestic violence.

According to TMZ Sports, a police report has been filed and Elliott has been named the suspect. Thompson claims Elliott assaulted her while the two were in her vehicle. The images posted to Thompson's Instagram account are nothing short of disturbing. Elliott denies any wrongdoing.

all indications are that this is a totally bogus accusation. There is a post on the fftoday title page suggesting multiple people who were allegedly with her didnt witness any assault.

all indications are that this is a totally bogus accusation. There is a post on the fftoday title page suggesting multiple people who were allegedly with her didnt witness any assault.

Zeke's side of the story doesn't add up either. He said these bruises happened in a bar fight. Have you seen the bruises around her wrists? It would take an incredible grip to leave those marks. Probably someone with the strength of a professional athlete.

Zeke's side of the story doesn't add up either. He said these bruises happened in a bar fight. Have you seen the bruises around her wrists? It would take an incredible grip to leave those marks. Probably someone with the strength of a professional athlete.

:doh:

if you think those marks would require "an incredible grip" to make, you have very little experience with fighting. also, the marks on her knuckles are consistent with closed-fist punching.

right now, his story holds a lot more water than hers, especially given the eyewitness accounts. we'll see if further evidence comes to light.

• Like 1

:doh:

if you think those marks would require "an incredible grip" to make, you have very little experience with fighting. also, the marks on her knuckles are consistent with closed-fist punching.

right now, his story holds a lot more water than hers, especially given the eyewitness accounts. we'll see if further evidence comes to light.

I have to agree here. My wife and mother in law are always bruising for no apparent reason.

that said, i figured you would approve of the zeke pick. i'm on board too.

Well 2 weeks in, and 2 weeks of (basic) non-impact presence of Zeke - unless you count fumbles I guess... And 2 weeks in and this defense has proven to be even more dreadful than expected... The Zeke "cancel out" theory is non-existent, and often - he's not even the best back on the team. People have to look at us and shake their heads wondering why in the world we didn't focus and rebuild this defense first before drafting a RB and a guy who is sitting at home watching games from his couch. I know I do - but I've been saying that for years now.. Even a speedster wr would of been a more beneficial move to this team than what Zeke has provided.

We had no biz winning that game y-day, if not for Cousins being an idiot - we get drilled.

I warned everybody, why pass on proven talent as a stud WR for a guy you think is Walter Peyton without no NFL game experience. Another year, same mistakes from the beginning of fantasy football, gawd i love you victims.