Sign in to follow this  
Maulers1973

Patriots WR's?

Ok, so there is Edelman, Amendola, Washington. Is Edelman back from his foot injury? Will he be 100%? There's now Gronk and Bennett as two TE's plus Lewis will get a lot of targets. Add in that Brady will miss the first 4 games I'm starting to think that the Patriots, though a high powered offense, might not have a stud to target at least as the WR's go. I actually own Edelman in my keeper league. Keep him or are there to many other issues? What' the general feeling on Pat WR's?

Edelman is the only WR I trust, especially in ppr format. He seems on track to be ready week 1. Every other WR seems like a hit or miss.

Chris. Hogan.

He is only a deep bench stash guy imo. Would love him if Edelman got hurt. With healthy Edelman I think it's a major long shot.

He is only a deep bench stash guy imo. Would love him if Edelman got hurt. With healthy Edelman I think it's a major long shot.

That's precisely what I love about him. Edelman and Amendola are entrenched, but they're major health risks. Malcolm Mitchell has upside, but there's no way I see him overtaking Hogan and TBH I could see Mitchell being a candidate for the PUP list.

He's essentially free in early drafts/MFL10s. I'd rather take the flier late than have to overpay for Edelman

Surprisingly similar to Browns receivers, worth a late round pick as a lottery ticket, but wouldn't want to rely on one.

I agree about Hogan , I think he has the best value at the wr position of all the Pats WRs. .

Besides Gronk and Edelman no receivers are worth a dam on there for fantasy

I'd take a shot on Bennett and Hogan is a late round lottery ticket guy. But otherwise, yes

I'd take a shot on Bennett and Hogan is a late round lottery ticket guy. But otherwise, yes

I forgot about Bennett! Yea bro I am going to try to draft him. He could very well be a star in New England.

That's precisely what I love about him. Edelman and Amendola are entrenched, but they're major health risks. Malcolm Mitchell has upside, but there's no way I see him overtaking Hogan and TBH I could see Mitchell being a candidate for the PUP list.

He's essentially free in early drafts/MFL10s. I'd rather take the flier late than have to overpay for Edelman

Why would Mitchell be a candidate for the PUP list? Did he have an injury I'm not aware of?

In dynasty I picked up Hogan in a couple of leagues and drafted Mitchell in several. I'm not real high on these guys for redraft but I like both of them 2017 and beyond

I'm in a dynasty/auction league and we're growing by 2 new members to 14. I can keep Edelman fairly cheap: 3.25 against a $70 cap. Though, I am wondering if I release him if I'll be able to get him back at our draft even cheaper?

Why would Mitchell be a candidate for the PUP list? Did he have an injury I'm not aware of?

I doubt whether he truly will, but it would be a Belichick way of stashing the rookie on the NFI pup list and getting him acclimated to the team/offense without subjecting him to getting poached on the practice squad.

His torn ACL from 2013 dropped him in the draft. Makes me wonder whether the Patriots baby him early on. Maybe not...but at the same time nothing from that organization would surprise me.

I just don't see how he's going to crack the depth chart early. Edelman, Amendola, Hogan should be locks. Matt Slater is probably a lock for his contributions on special teams. So there's four WR's dressed each Sunday. The Pats are going to likely use two-TE sets more frequently with the Black Unicorn there.

I guess I just don't see them rushing the rookie out there, particularly when Jimmy G. is playing the first four games. Just some more time to have an extra roster spot

I doubt whether he truly will, but it would be a Belichick way of stashing the rookie on the NFI pup list and getting him acclimated to the team/offense without subjecting him to getting poached on the practice squad.

His torn ACL from 2013 dropped him in the draft. Makes me wonder whether the Patriots baby him early on. Maybe not...but at the same time nothing from that organization would surprise me.

I just don't see how he's going to crack the depth chart early. Edelman, Amendola, Hogan should be locks. Matt Slater is probably a lock for his contributions on special teams. So there's four WR's dressed each Sunday. The Pats are going to likely use two-TE sets more frequently with the Black Unicorn there.

I guess I just don't see them rushing the rookie out there, particularly when Jimmy G. is playing the first four games. Just some more time to have an extra roster spot

Slater doesn't count as a WR - he's purely special teams.

They will have one more guy on the roster but you may be right that it won't be Mitchell.

Dion Lewis is the "receiver" to own in New England

Listing players as questionable on the injury report mid week in season because they have minor injuries is much different than making up an injury for a player and putting him on season PUP. He's been a full participant in all offseason activities so far. Coming off an offseason where they didn't have a 1st Rd pick for reasons I'll let people decide for themselves, I don't see BB playing games with injury rules to that degree.

Malcolm Mitchell is getting a lot of positive buzz out of training camp. May end up being what Aaron Dobson's lame ass was supposed to be

Malcolm Mitchell is getting a lot of positive buzz out of training camp. May end up being what Aaron Dobson's lame ass was supposed to be

Not after tonight. His elbow bent in ways I've not seen since the Olympics weight lifter

Not after tonight. His elbow bent in ways I've not seen since the Olympics weight lifter

Did it really? I must have turned the game off right before. That sucks. He was looking pretty good. Made a really nice juke on a defender.

lewis

I think Lewis will be really good still. The RB wheel route seems to be a fixture of the offense along with the screen and slot use. Should be no shortage of opportunity.

Ouch oh my soul that's not pretty.

Wow tough break for him .

I am beginning to think Bennett is gonna be a busy man. So much, in fact, that I believe it makes Gronk unworthy of a 1st round pick.

I've been wondering that same thing SW. The time to get Bennett for a good value is passed now though.

I've been wondering that same thing SW. The time to get Bennett for a good value is passed now though.

Still seeing him sitting around late in mocks. May change after tonight is anyone is paying attention.

Strange to say about a TE, but he is a must-handcuff for Gronk owners.

Still seeing him sitting around late in mocks. May change after tonight is anyone is paying attention.

Strange to say about a TE, but he is a must-handcuff for Gronk owners.

I've been had Bennett on my radar to draft. He's been consistently going in rounds 10+. So I've been waiting on drafting a TE til then.

The important thing is whether or not they can run 6 yards and turn around, if they can master that skill it will be just fine

• Like 1

Why? What has happened?

bennett could outscore gronk this year.

I don't know about that but I think we will see a greater tandem than what we saw with Gronk and Hernandez

I don't know about that but I think we will see a greater tandem than what we saw with Gronk and Hernandez

perhaps in the history of the league.