Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Arian Foster signing with Dolphins

Is Foster supposed to be ready for the season opener?

Don't know about that yet.

He's battled suffered back, groin and Achilles injuries the last two seasons, all requiring surgery.

So where does this out his draft value now? I know it'll take him a bit to learn to system for the Dolphins but he should get sped up rather quickly and would be good for at least game 2-3

I'd only touch him in DFS this year. I'd rather have a high-upside meat eater that could play in more than 2.5 games this season on my season-long teams.

Not to mention, the first four games of the Dolphins schedule? Woof.

@Seattle, @ New England, vs Cleveland, @ Cincy.

The best news , is that Ajayi value is taking a hit .

That's good news .

I am not on the Ajayi bandwagon. Feels like a CJ Anderson/Jeremy Hill situation. Too many people on his nuts while he hasn't done much.

I agree with the above post , I'm not to high on him either , so his value taking a hit is a very good thing .

I'm not going to have a dnd list but if I did Foster would be the first name on it .

So Ajayi value might just be low enough for me to be interested .

How great is Ajayi if the Fins went out and got Foster? If it was just another warm body they needed, they could've gotten it for a lot cheaper.

I'm staying away from both. Foster because of all the injuries and now a new team in free agency? Those things generally don't work out well for veteran RBs

Agree Ajayi is not great , but I'm not sold on picking up Foster and someone needs to carry the football .

With a lower value that would make Ajayi someone that's now worth a pick up .

How great is Ajayi if the Fins went out and got Foster? If it was just another warm body they needed, they could've gotten it for a lot cheaper.

I'm staying away from both. Foster because of all the injuries and now a new team in free agency? Those things generally don't work out well for veteran RBs

Depends on where foster is being taken in the draft. I wouldn't mind spending a 9th+ round pick on him

Just posted this from Colby Cavaliere on Foster in Miami.

If he proves to be healthy enough by Week 1, I won't be shocked if they use Foster in a lead role as much as they can instead of doing a RBBC type situation as Colby suggests. This will be an interesting situation to track over the next 6 weeks.

I'm staying away from relying on any Dolphins RB this year. I may take one late and keep him on the bench and hope but none of them make me hopeful. This has the makings of a committee in the worst way.

I think Ajayi is a great back. I know an Achilles injury is one of the worst injuries to recover from.

I'll have Ajayi on most of my roster at an even cheaper price now. This is great news.

Fosters stock is going to rise and Ajayi will start to fall , of them two I'm targeting Ajayi , he will be the much better value and overall pick .

I think Ajayi is a great back. I know an Achilles injury is one of the worst injuries to recover from.

I'll have Ajayi on most of my roster at an even cheaper price now. This is great news.

What have we seen from Ajayi to put him in great status?

I haven't seen anything that makes me think he will be. To me he's just overhyped

I had him last year and watched him play. When he got touches he looked incredibly explosive, shifty and powerful. He was a rookie playing behind Miller. Now he's the guy. He looked great IMO.

I don't see many later round RBs with his upside. I also can't see Foster being the same coming off that injury. Foster is another body. But he's going to drive down the price of Ajayi. Great situation.

I had him last year and watched him play. When he got touches he looked incredibly explosive, shifty and powerful. He was a rookie playing behind Miller. Now he's the guy. He looked great IMO.

I don't see many later round RBs with his upside. I also can't see Foster being the same coming off that injury. Foster is another body. But he's going to drive down the price of Ajayi. Great situation.

He averaged 3.8 YPC last year. Now I understand he didn't get a lot of work which makes it harder to use his stats, but that is nowhere near great. Nice potential, sure. I just can't call someone who averaged 3.8 YPC great, especially with the minimal yardage and TD stats

He averaged 3.8 YPC last year. Now I understand he didn't get a lot of work which makes it harder to use his stats, but that is nowhere near great. Nice potential, sure. I just can't call someone who averaged 3.8 YPC great, especially with the minimal yardage and TD stats

He had 49 touches last year. That's not a sample size big enough to declare 3.8 YPC meaningful in some way. He had 3 20+ yard runs with those limited touches. He passes the eye test for me and the price will be right.

• Like 1

Per the Dolphins Preview at Roto:

"Although his rookie sample size was limited to 49 carries, Pro Football Focus credited Ajayi with 12 missed tackles forced and an average of 3.3 yards after contact per attempt, marks that would have both ranked near the top of the league if expanded to a full workload."

He had 49 touches last year. That's not a sample size big enough to declare 3.8 YPC meaningful in some way. He had 3 20+ yard runs with those limited touches. He passes the eye test for me and the price will be right.

Sweet. He still isn't great.

I'll have Ajayi on most of my roster at an even cheaper price now. This is great news

Agreed

The Dolphins are going to stink. Have you seen the defenses of the Patriots, Bills and Jets? No thanks! I'm not high on ANY Dolphins players. Wait, they have a safety that is awesome on IDP leagues! Jones is his name. Yeah, I'd draft him for sure!!

Sweet. He still isn't great.

We shall see.

Arian Foster was soooo not great he went undrafted. But wait, he was great. The trick is picking the great ones before anyone else sees it.

The Dolphins are going to stink. Have you seen the defenses of the Patriots, Bills and Jets? No thanks! I'm not high on ANY Dolphins players. Wait, they have a safety that is awesome on IDP leagues! Jones is his name. Yeah, I'd draft him for sure!!

The Bills have Rob Ryan now. They will stink.

We shall see.

Arian Foster was soooo not great he went undrafted. But wait, he was great. The trick is picking the great ones before anyone else sees it.

Agree with this post .

Winners are ahead of the rest .

And swinging for the fences is a lot more fun than just doing single and doubles .

Good post .

Agree with this post .

Winners are ahead of the rest .

And swinging for the fences is a lot more fun than just doing single and doubles .

Good post .

I'd like to see what Foster looks like and the news coming out of camp and preseason games. You think he will be playing in a lot of those games or are they going to hold him back?

I'd like to see what Foster looks like and the news coming out of camp and preseason games. You think he will be playing in a lot of those games or are they going to hold him back?

I see no way he playes in preseason .

He hasn't played a down of football since October of last year. He is entering Adam Gase's offense for the first time with new teammates. There's no way he doesn't play in the preseason. None.

He hasn't played a down of football since October of last year. He is entering Adam Gase's offense for the first time with new teammates. There's no way he doesn't play in the preseason. None.

Yeah but he's got a loooong list of injuries and is old and has a boatload of mileage on him. Oh, and he's coming off an Achilles. They'd be crazy to play him preseason.

Arian Foster is washed up. Only an idiot GM would sign him with intent of a significant workload. He may have one or two big games, in spot relief. Sometimes that's enough for a signing like this.

If Ajayi is anywhere near the player folks claim, he should easily win that gig.

Arian Foster is washed up. Only an idiot GM would sign him with intent of a significant workload. He may have one or two big games, in spot relief. Sometimes that's enough for a signing like this.

If Ajayi is anywhere near the player folks claim, he should easily win that gig.

Mick once again I agree with one of your post .

Yeah but he's got a loooong list of injuries and is old and has a boatload of mileage on him. Oh, and he's coming off an Achilles. They'd be crazy to play him preseason.

Agree with this post also .

Given his past history of injury and the fact that he wa sign to a one year contract , I don't see him playing in the preseason .

They already know he can play , that's why they sign him , even though he has missed to much playing time .

That's the thing though. He's new coming in to the system. I can see both sides of him playing and not playing in the preseason. I'm curious to see what is going to happen

That's the thing though. He's new coming in to the system. I can see both sides of him playing and not playing in the preseason. I'm curious to see what is going to happen

But I believe Gase has Miami running a ZBS, and it's my contention that Foster is one of the best zone blocking runners there has ever been. His learning curve won't be steep with their system. His problem will be staying on the field.

But I believe Gase has Miami running a ZBS, and it's my contention that Foster is one of the best zone blocking runners there has ever been. His learning curve won't be steep with their system. His problem will be staying on the field.

I can agree with that now. I'm just curious to see if they trot him out there during preseason or save him til the regular season

This screams 10-10-5 touches between

Foster, J, and Drake

Doubtful. Besides, how many games before Foster blows a quad or tears as a hammy? He always seems to get hurt. Miami didn't bring in Alfred Morris who never gets hurt. They brought in a carcass.