Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Arian Foster signing with Dolphins

Doubtful. Besides, how many games before Foster blows a quad or tears as a hammy? He always seems to get hurt. Miami didn't bring in Alfred Morris who never gets hurt. They brought in a carcass.

A carcass who may still be better than what they have.

No he's not better . Ajayi at this point is better and the better value .

His stock his going to drop .

No he's not better . Ajayi at this point is better and the better value .

His stock his going to drop .

I live in Miami...been a Phins fan my whole life...and I don't know what to tell you in terms of Ajayi.

I watched every one of the limited snaps he took last year and my first impression is he's a decent inside runner but he's a little stiff. I just don't see anything special there as of right now.

And here's the other thing to consider. No matter how you feel about Ajayi or Foster, the fact remains the Dolphins tried not once...BUT TWICE...this offseason to sign another back to either replace him or lessen his load significantly. If the Broncos wouldn't have matched the contract offer to CJ Anderson , Ajayi would likely already be off the fantasy map at this point.

All my leagues are PPR and I think if nothing else, Foster is going to be heavily involved in the passing game which is where he thrives. Even if Ajayi's role ends up being that of a first/second down thumper...who's to say that's NOT a good thing for Foster? It keeps him from taking punishment between the tackles and gives him a better chance to stay healthy and fresh for receiving downs.

The guy to own here, at least for PPR, is Foster. And that's IF you're going to touch the situation at all which I wouldn't blame anyone from steering clear of.

He hasn't played a down of football since October of last year. He is entering Adam Gase's offense for the first time with new teammates. There's no way he doesn't play in the preseason. None.

Foster is only nine months removed from his injuries. I can see him sitting the first few games until he is ready, but we all know he will get over drafted early.

Don't take him too early

I live in Miami...been a Phins fan my whole life...and I don't know what to tell you in terms of Ajayi.

I watched every one of the limited snaps he took last year and my first impression is he's a decent inside runner but he's a little stiff. I just don't see anything special there as of right now.

And here's the other thing to consider. No matter how you feel about Ajayi or Foster, the fact remains the Dolphins tried not once...BUT TWICE...this offseason to sign another back to either replace him or lessen his load significantly. If the Broncos wouldn't have matched the contract offer to CJ Anderson , Ajayi would likely already be off the fantasy map at this point.

All my leagues are PPR and I think if nothing else, Foster is going to be heavily involved in the passing game which is where he thrives. Even if Ajayi's role ends up being that of a first/second down thumper...who's to say that's NOT a good thing for Foster? It keeps him from taking punishment between the tackles and gives him a better chance to stay healthy and fresh for receiving downs.

The guy to own here, at least for PPR, is Foster. And that's IF you're going to touch the situation at all which I wouldn't blame anyone from steering clear of.

Foster's injury is the problem. The situation he's in doesn't mean anything to me. What's the word on his recovery? Any news out of Miami?

Problem for me is that I don't trust Foster to stay healthy enough to to me a ppr monster like you think he might be .

For that reason I like Ajayi more .

It's not a vote for Ajayi being a great player or even a better player than Foster once was , but I have more trust in Ajayi than I do the great A Foster .

I will wait and get a better value pick for Ajayi than you will for Foster who's stock will go up .

Well they didn't bring in Morris and Foster because they were comfortable with Jay. I'll just say that.

Foster average like 2 yards per carry last year. He's done.

However I do think Miami has qualms about Ajayi, mostly since they pursued CJ Andersen.

I'm staying away from the Miami backfield, personally.

Foster average like 2 yards per carry last year. He's done.

However I do think Miami has qualms about Ajayi, mostly since they pursued CJ Andersen.

I'm staying away from the Miami backfield, personally.

I had foster last year...he did all his damage in receiving. Running was awful.

Im staying away too...

Problem for me is that I don't trust Foster to stay healthy enough to to me a ppr monster like you think he might be .

For that reason I like Ajayi more .

It's not a vote for Ajayi being a great player or even a better player than Foster once was , but I have more trust in Ajayi than I do the great A Foster .

I will wait and get a better value pick for Ajayi than you will for Foster who's stock will go up .

I've been getting Foster in mocks AFTER Ajayi gets picked...

So actually I'll wait, and get the better value...at least in my opinion. He's going low enough right now that even if he doesn't pan out it's not going to destroy your team.

I've been getting Foster in mocks AFTER Ajayi gets picked...

So actually I'll wait, and get the better value...at least in my opinion. He's going low enough right now that even if he doesn't pan out it's not going to destroy your team.

Depends on when you are holding or draft .

Right now is July .

Foster stock will soon over take Ajayi especially in ppr before I draft which is always after the third preseason game .

Right now I'm seeing Ajayi with an Ranking of 30 and Foster at 34 in ppr . So that's not far apart and the more the Foster hype catches on you will be on the wrong side of things . Sorry . But good post .

Depends on when you are holding or draft .

Right now is July .

Foster stock will soon over take Ajayi especially in ppr before I draft which is always after the third preseason game .

Right now I'm seeing Ajayi with an Ranking of 30 and Foster at 34 in ppr . So that's not far apart and the more the Foster hype catches on you will be on the wrong side of things . Sorry . But good post .

Well agree to disagree. Foster will likely get the white glove treatment and won't play much, if at all, in the preseason.....as such I don't see his ADP rising come August drafts unless Ajayi gets hurt between now and then. If anything Ajayi will get more work in the preseason and we've all been playing fantasy football long enough to know that all it takes is one 50 yard run in a preseason game against 3 string scrubs to see a guys ADP's soar 2 or 3 rounds overnight.

Looks like from,what I see , Foster stock has been going up and Ajayi has been dropping .

So by the time I draft late August Ajayi will be a steal and Foster will be limping.

Well agree to disagree. Foster will likely get the white glove treatment and won't play much, if at all, in the preseason.....as such I don't see his ADP rising come August drafts unless Ajayi gets hurt between now and then. If anything Ajayi will get more work in the preseason and we've all been playing fantasy football long enough to know that all it takes is one 50 yard run in a preseason game against 3 string scrubs to see a guys ADP's soar 2 or 3 rounds overnight.

All it will take is the NFL network showing Foster drinking a cup of water in camp and his stock will rise.

I say sold , you can buy Foster high , and I will buy Ajayi low .

Foster was without question a better player than Ajayi will ever be , but he's not the same player he once was .

Thank you for helping his stock rise .

He hasn't played a down of football since October of last year. He is entering Adam Gase's offense for the first time with new teammates. There's no way he doesn't play in the preseason. None.

:rolleyes:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000685998/article/gase-arian-foster-to-make-dolphins-debut-vs-cowboys?campaign=Twitter_atn

The hate has gone too far on Jay. He's now falling into draft and stash status depending on your league. Gase usually finds a way to make someone productive. I'm in on the kid and generally terrified of foster at his current price.

Doubtful. Besides, how many games before Foster blows a quad or tears as a hammy? He always seems to get hurt. Miami didn't bring in Alfred Morris who never gets hurt. They brought in a carcass.

I don't have a crystal ball. Maybe he gets hurt, maybe he doesn't. If he's healthy he gets touches. I think his injuries are often over emphasized. He's missed 2 seasons recently to injury. He gets banged up, but he still has played the majority of games when banged up.

The hate has gone too far on Jay. He's now falling into draft and stash status depending on your league. Gase usually finds a way to make someone productive. I'm in on the kid and generally terrified of foster at his current price.

I tend to agree.

I don't love Ajayi but there's nobody besides Foster.

So what about Foster? Under 3 yards per carry last year (!!) plus he's coming back from an Achilles injury??? I mean if he managed to have a big season that would be a minor miracle.

So to me Ajayi seems like the best pick given ADP and all.

Love Arian as a cheap Deangelo Williams this year. He will be the lead dog and be a good back for oyu the first few weeks. If he stays healthy, he'll have big payout. Miami has said they are not looking to substitute and want a bell cow - it is clear it is Arian until he gets hurt. Who knows - maybe he can make it through one more year - if he does.. top 10 guy.

Remember every year with no rhyme or reason atleast 6 rbs fall out of the top 10. who are going to be the 6 that are new to top 10.. Arian could be one of them.

There's a reason why Foster is only signed for one year with Miami. They plan to overuse the sh1t out of him. He's the back to own. Don't fool yourself. Right now he's been consistently being taken as a RB3. That is DAM good value for him especially in PPR

There's a reason why Foster is only signed for one year with Miami. They plan to overuse the sh1t out of him. He's the back to own. Don't fool yourself. Right now he's been consistently being taken as a RB3. That is DAM good value for him especially in PPR

He may play 2 games before his vegan fueled quad explodes.

Not touching either one. That whole backfield is a freaking mess

That makes no sense. Gase has said over and over he does not want to substitute. He wants a 3 down back in there. Foster is not 30 and he has had time to heal .. At his price, he's a great buy..

He may play 2 games before his vegan fueled quad explodes.

"See guys, beans are just like meat, *crunch* Oh my god my leg!"