Sign in to follow this  
Torn

Draft Pick Time Limits To Be Implemented Starting in Rd 13

To better ensure that we are able to complete the draft AND have a couple of post draft days to review the waiver wire and deal with any DL needs before season starts, I will be implementing a pick time limit start in round 13. At current pace, we may not make it in time.

Here's how it will work.

* 4 Hour limit to make or proxy a pick

* Timer will be off from 1am ET to 7am ET daily - our managers are nationwide and this will allow overlap across the typical sleep windows

* Exceptions will be made for pre-communicated absences affecting the time window - i.e. before your pick is OTC (flights, in a court room, important meeting, long drive, taking a test, etc.) - I get it, we have lives

* If we are wondering where you are or have unclear status, after 4 hours, your pick will be skipped and we will move along. Upon your return, text me that you are available to pick and I'll hold the draft at that point so you can submit your selection. Make sure you are truly ready to pick when you text me.

* If I am not readily available at exactly 4 hours, you luck out with whatever extra time you get until I get online. Only I will declare a pick to be skipped or the draft to be held.

Advice:

* Please make use of proxies whenever possible

* Have a few names in mind in case an unexpected life event keeps you away for an extended period and we contact you for a proxy

Long story short - communicate and try to check in a few times per day. Thanks and sorry if this comes off as harsh or unnecessary. If we just follow the advice above, the time limit should never need to be applied.

Additional note -

If we get back on track and out of the timing danger zone over the next 5-6 rounds, I'll remove the limit and we can go back to picking at earliest opportunity.

• Like 1

We've been doing great over the past couple of days! I'm going to expand the window to 5 hours starting in round 18.

I'll keep the limit at 5 hours for now.

If the draft ends with any picks in a pending state, the affected owner(s) must wait to fill in their gaps until after the initial round of waivers is processed.

This would prevent a pending pick from being rewarded by using it/them to pre-poach the ww before others.

I have sent another text to FoulLine letting him know that we are almost back to his NEXT pick. At this stage, it has now been 20+ hours since I received his Wacha proxy.

If he has not popped his head up when we reach him in round 21, keep moving instead of waiting another 5 hours. Same applies to round 22. The 20 hours passing covers a long enough window to cover the sleep window and two 5 hour waits.

We'll see where we're at if we get back to him in round 23 without him catching up.

• Like 1

I texted FouLLine a couple of times to let him know that he is on the clock for round 21 until 9:21pm ET... Haven't heard anything back...

He last visited Rotoworld yesterday (3.17) at 11:02 AM...

I have sent another text to FoulLine letting him know that we are almost back to his NEXT pick. At this stage, it has now been 20+ hours since I received his Wacha proxy.

If he has not popped his head up when we reach him in round 21, keep moving instead of waiting another 5 hours. Same applies to round 22. The 20 hours passing covers a long enough window to cover the sleep window and two 5 hour waits.

We'll see where we're at if we get back to him in round 23 without him catching up.

its round 21 and he is on the clock. If we are still going by Torn's post to keep moving, we should update the thread title to the next person on the clock (in this case HappyHarry)

I have texted at least 30 times during this draft, ...not one single response. I stopped texting today. Okay, ...I will send one more text right now. I will let everyone know if he fires a message back. Otherwise, ...I am done wasting my time with that.

I have texted at least 30 times during this draft, ...not one single response. I stopped texting today. Okay, ...I will send one more text right now. I will let everyone know if he fires a message back. Otherwise, ...I am done wasting my time with that.

Thanks for your help. I think you have done more than enough.

FYI, I texted him a couple of times stating that there is talk about him just being skipped when his pick comes up from now on because it has been 21 hours since last contact...

As stated, Harry can go - we're at 21+ hours and nobody has heard a peep. I've texted a half dozen times, Ghost even more, plus what others have done. Based on the extended absence, we should keep going. If he'd already made his other pending pick, I'd feel differently, but he's been AWOL all day.

As stated, Harry can go - were at 21+ hours and nobody has heard a peep. Ive texted a half dozen times, Ghost even more, plus what others have done. Based on the extended absence, we should keep going. If hed already made his other pendin pick, Id feel differently, but hes been AWOL all day.

we should probably update the round thread titles to reflect the owners who can now pick. leaving it as FoulLine until 9:25 or whatever will keep us stalled if others are not reading this particular discussion.

Sent a text right after Harry picked, and poof, he's off the radar again. No reply in the past 30 mins...

SMH - I will pick ASAP in the morning if we get stuck again. :dunno:

Not to be an ass, but I vote we keep going. Why are we stopping for the same person?

• He knows he has been skipped multiple times
  • He knows there is only 1 person picking in between his picks
  • He knows we have held up the draft for pretty much the entire weekend.

I would love to, but I can't do it after only 45 mins. Bad precedent to set, despite the history...

i concur with Godfather. at this point he should be down to a 1 or 2 hour window until and if he can get back on track picking.