Sign in to follow this  
edjr

A comedian that made it big in TV/Movies. That you don't find funny at all

I was trying to figure out the name of the recent Netflix movie with Sandler in it, because I can't make it through much of it.

Sandler, of course, is a master of cinematic yelling. Hes yelled in almost every star vehicle hes ever brought to the masses, from Billy Madison to The Waterboy to more sensitive efforts like Funny People or Punch-Drunk Love. Long ago, in his salad days as a Saturday Night Live cast member, Sandler figured out that there was just something elementally funny about him vainly yelling into the void.

Oy vey.

Sandler has had some huge bombs but also some really good - funny movies

If we're going to talk Sandler, then we got to talk Will Ferrell.

Man, a little bit of him goes a long way.

Unfortunately, I've heard other comedians talk about him. He's one of those asxshole comedians. And it's a pretty specific type. He can sense when a bit is just not working at all and instead of cutting it off he'll go another 6 minutes just to piss off the audience and watch the reaction of his co-workers.

I know I know, he's supposed to be comedy gold to you types. But if we're talking about guys who yell and scream just for a reaction, he's in that same category.

loved WF on snl. not a fan of 90% of his movies

Speaking of Saturday Night Live. What are they going to do when that little blonde lesbian leaves for Hollywood?

I mean, there's nobody that's even a close second or even a distant third after her.

jeez Will Ferrell now

sorry but

Daddy's Home 1/2

Elf

Wedding Crashers (Cameo)

Step Bros

Ricky Bobby

The House

Get Hard

Anchorman

all fricking hilarious

But bear in mind, you're retarded. So you find leaves blowing in the wind to be hilarious too.

And how do you not list old school?

Still, most of what you list? Needs a really good editor. He's definitely better for TV sketch comedy then a full movie. Gets old and annoying pretty fast.

jeez Will Ferrell now

sorry but

Daddy's Home 1/2- liked

Elf- really liked

Wedding Crashers (Cameo)- liked movie, he was meh

Step Bros- not a fan

Ricky Bobby- not a fan

The House- have not seen

Get Hard- meh

Anchorman- meh

all fricking hilarious

Does Conan qualify? His attempt at grade school humor is not the least bit funny....and that sidekick of his on his show is even worse.

jeez Will Ferrell now

sorry but

Daddy's Home 1 mostly wahlberg

Elf

Wedding Crashers (Cameo) he wasn't very funny

Step Bros

Anchorman overquoted but good

all fricking hilarious

jeez Will Ferrell now

sorry but

Daddy's Home 1/2

Elf

Wedding Crashers (Cameo)

Step Bros

Ricky Bobby

The House

Get Hard

Anchorman

all fricking hilarious

Seen the bolded and enjoyed them. The Other Guys too, that might've been due to Eva Mendes though :wub:

Seen the bolded and enjoyed them. The Other Guys too, that might've been due to Eva Mendes though :wub:

I don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but she was in we own the night with him too. Pretty good movie. His wife's nothing to look at. I kind of hope he's hitting that.

Trevor Noah. Him and George Lopez should team up and form a super unfunny group.

If we're going to talk Sandler, then we got to talk Will Ferrell.

Man, a little bit of him goes a long way.

Unfortunately, I've heard other comedians talk about him. He's one of those asxshole comedians. And it's a pretty specific type. He can sense when a bit is just not working at all and instead of cutting it off he'll go another 6 minutes just to piss off the audience and watch the reaction of his co-workers.

I know I know, he's supposed to be comedy gold to you types. But if we're talking about guys who yell and scream just for a reaction, he's in that same category.

Damn, totally forgot about Will Farrell... Master of being unfunny...

Trevor Noah. Him and George Lopez should team up and form a super unfunny group.

I literally have never heard a second of either of their stand up shows or anything they have ever said.

Ferrell is on Fallon now. He's full bald with a beard and glasses.

Basically playing the same character that he did in the hot tub and on any number of NPR spinoff type sketches.

And still not funny.