Sign in to follow this  
49erGold

If you want your team rated.

Post your team with positions and include bench. Type of league # of players and ppr or unusual scoring. And any specific question you want answered.

Qualifications: Recommended Moreno as top Den RB last yr, Lacy as top rookie. My deep sleeper WR was Michael Floyd that I started in break out game. Those are my top moments I also bashed nfl.com when the Raiders where a starting DST vs Phi when QB Foles had a break out think 5 TD game. That was 2014.

• Like 1

In case your tired of the its "awesome team" or your team sucks answers.

So this is a 12 team league. Standard nonppr. We start QB, 2 rbs, 2 wrs, 1 TE, flex (wr,RB,TE), d/st and k.

QB: Matt Ryan, Carlson Palmer

RB: Matt forte, monte ball, Andre Ellington, bishop sankey, Bernard Pierce, and Ahmad Bradshaw

Wr: Brandon Marshall, victor Cruz, Michael Floyd, and Brandon cooks

TE: Kyle Rudolph and Charles clay

D/st: Steelers

K: nick Novack

Tell me what you think

QB 9/10 (Ryan wasn't that bad a QB last year he cost someone in my league money who benched him.)

RB 10/10 (I don't like Ball but your so loaded at RB it should be a crime... straight robbery. That said trade Pierce/Bradshaw for Hillman asap preferably before the Bronco game. Best case scenario RB Ball plays great and RB Hillman sinks and you can do a simply RB Bradshaw trade straight up. Worse case will involve a form of cussing on your part)

WR 10/10 (top 3 guys and maybe best rookie WR in high octane offense nuff said)

TE 9.5/10 (I know Jimmy, Gronk, Julian, Vernon exist but did you know they all missed games last year well, a 0 pt will get you beat by this guy)

DST 8/10 (I really like the rookie LB Shazier this is sneaky good DST and week 1 probably top 5 performer... go Browns not... lol.)

K 9/10 (Not an elite guy but good offense and above average kicker definitely top 10)

Backups

QB 9/10 (Palmer few are as solid might push for top QB backup this yr... great coordinator, RB, WRs... if only they handle the O-line)

RB 10/10 (you have 5 starters what more I need to say... if old Ray Rice 2013 shows his head... you got a draft steal... that said play wait and see/bench approach)

WR 9/10 (I haven't seen Cooks play and WRs get lost in that offense that said WR Moore is a Steeler now and WR Colston always good for an injury unfortunately for him.)

TE 10/10 (You have 2 TE starters not top 4 guy but I'd be curious to know what the worse TE in your league is)

QB is not ultra sexy but Ryan might have a bounce back and you have a steady QB core nothing flashy just 15-25pts no crazy drop offs usually no Sea games or such. RB did I mention get Hillman well what are you waiting for better safe than sorry especially with high draft pick.

You can package deals to get upgrades. Personally, I have to recommend packaging RB Ball... you should wait for 3rd Den game and see what you like. What I seen was 3rd RB performance 2013, an appendectomy and he finally played on Tuesday... hopefully starts this week. RB Hillman looked good let see a key clue would be who they use 3rd down if its Hillman with starters means they don't trust RB Ball to block.

As far as other players you can make moves for Alshon, Reuben at WR if someone underperforms or gets hurt. I'm torn on Ray Rice move... you can get him cheap now but shoulder injury + issues... you got enough depth not to gamble on anybody.

Here's mine. Its a 20 team league so very tough to find any value in the draft. Hard enough to fill out a full lineup with this many teams. Any suggestions? the free agent board is pretty empty other than deep sleepers/3rd stringers. we start 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr/te, 1 Def, 1K, standard scoring.

QB Luck

RB Gerhart, MJD

WR/TE Demaryous Thomas, Witten, Olsen

Def: Denver

Bench Jordan Matthews, Manziel, Ahmad Bradshaw, Jarad Cook, Bilal Powell, Joseph Randle.

I picked 12th and DThomas was my first pick (best available RB was Murray, top 3 QBs gone), then Gerhart (best available RB)in 2nd and things fell apart after that. All the RBs were gone, MJD was the only starter left for my 3rd pick so i took him(other options were RRice, LMiller). (Didnt want to play without 2 RBs, had RB injuries last year and it was brutal), then Luck i rnd 4, then everybody else....Its impossible in the 20 teamer to loadup on any 1 position wthout sucking somewhere else. Any of these bench guys have a chance to start? Tried to add backup RBs after everything else was gone Any of them tradebait? Nothing on the FA board.

Also, ive got another 20 team draft this weekend.(picking 9th, so my options will look pretty similar). seeing how this one went,would you advise going best RB, best RB, WR, QB? Probably could get Lynch, Gerhart, Cruz(?), Luck. That sees like a better strategy.

10 team ESPN Standard Scoring (No PPR, 4 pt passing TD's) - QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, FLEX, TE, K, DEFENSE

QB: R. Griffin

WR: C. Johnson

WR: D. Thomas

RB: M. Ball

RB: A. Ellington

FLEX: K. Allen

TE: K. Rudolf

DEF: Rams

K: A. Vinatieri

BENCH: T. Gerhart, B. Sankey, L. Miller, B. Cooks, C. Hyde, Z. Ertz, K. Britt

EDIT: I don't usually handcuff but I think Ball is one of the most appropriate RB ever to handcuff. Whoever wins the lead back job in that system should have some big games. Is Hillman definitely the handcuff here? Do you drop Miller, Britt, or Hyde to get him? Gotta drop Britt right?

10 keepers in an 8 team league, draft is this weekend.

QB-Peyton Manning, Matthew Stafford

RB- DeMarco Murray, Alfred Morris, Arian Foster, Chris Johnson, Joique Bell

WR- Brandon Marshall, Pierre Garcon, Calvin Johnson

I Will need to pick up a TE and some WR depth. I will have between 6th-8th pick.

I dropped Ahmad Bradshaw and picked up hillman. I agree ball is a risky pick but he was available in the third round so I couldn't pass that up with all the potential. If he does well then I'll let go of hillman

Legend of the fall great job check your inbox.

As far as twofewbraincells:

QB 8.5/10 (top QB injury problems main concern if healthy might push top 5)

RB 9.5/10 (Risky guys no clear guy. That said I like all your low RBs. Skeptical of Ball final verdict after I see Den game. Miller not excited. I'd swap out him for Hillman then Moreno but solid depth.)

WR 10/10 (Your one injury from disaster if Brooks don't pan out maybe get Cody Latimer instantly useful if DT goes down)

TE 8.5/10 (I like him the most outside of top 4 guys)

K 9/10 (great K only problem age)

DST 8.5/10 (Not elite but if healthy will be top DST Laurenitis typo? been hurt. But solid top DST)

Great thinking man... I drop any with desire to keep Hyde the most. After Den game it will be useless either Hillman sinks and you can get him cheap yay or Ball sinks and your cussing.

I'd trade Miller asap you got so much RB depth. You can sustain a Ball debacle. McCluster might be interesting handcuff nothing sexy but not sure who is fantasy relevant 2 WR at STL assuming Britt is healthy or the 2. Simple trade package with Miller see if you get interest.

Backups

QB 0/10 (You have a mobile QB and no backup I wonder what can go wrong cough end of 2012. If practical trade for Dalton or Palmer or else... take a ride Case Keenum, Flacco or Eli express. Flacco safest and Keenum sleeper).

WR 10/10 (Some people consider him a starter but with your studs not needed)

RB 10/10 (You got great RBs)

TE 9/10 (Maybe trade bate to get another QB if you don't like a TE?)

Get a backup QB I guess, some of those guys might be ww... if your indifferent who you get you can wait.

@ Polecatt

Hmm... your kind of set... are you in a 2 QB system? Since, its keeper I guess, having Stafford for 2+ yrs makes sense. Your loaded in all main positions... so how can you get better?

Out of all handcuffs I think Chris Ivory is worth getting. And in later rounds get RB Grimes, Young not sure on Dal RB I will post later.

WRs wow! At 6th-8th not much Rueben Randall, Deandre Hopkins, Erick Decker... I guess. Rookies are intriguing RB Hyde, Shankey, Hill. WR Evans, Cooks, Benjamin, Latimer... I might just jump on them cause your so loaded that you can get one of these. TE Ebron or Rodgers GB are intriguing...

TE I like Rudolph, Clay... Bennet safest of the lower ones but maybe not keeper material. If you want to gamble 2014 Ebron and Rodgers GB TE. I actually like Rodgers to Rodgers TE GB it just sounds right lol... seriously, Ebron hasn't done much pre-season. Safer 2014 plays Gates but I'm really intrigued by forgotten man TE Dwayne Allen seems keeper and good for 2014 and if you want a safer guy TE Delanie Waker or Cooks. Heath Miller if there also safe guy maybe the safest of the safe guys.

10 team 1 ppr. 6 points for all TDs. QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, Flex (WR/RB/TE), K, D/ST

Crazy draft. Run on QBs early...

Picked 9th.

QB: Kaepernick

WRs: DT, J. Jones, A. Brown, VJax, Cooks, E. Sanders, Mike Evans, Gordon

RBs: Ryan Matthews, J. Bell, B. Pierce, F Jackson

TEs: Gronkowski, Rudolph (both have the same bye, but went with best player available)

D: Chi

I am WR rich and RB poor, but may be able to trade Evans to a TB homer if he plays well. If Gordon is out for the season, I drop him for a kicker. If not, I'll drop Fred Jackson.

14 Team League...1st pick overall: 22 rounds, picks in parentheses. It's a PPR league and 6 points for QB TD's.

Team:

QB: Drew Brees (1), Chad Henne (14), Blake Bortles (15)

RB: Le'Veon Bell (4), Shane Vereen (5), Lamar Miller (10), Knowshon Moreno(11), James Starks (18), DeAnthony Thomas (21)

WR: Jordy Nelson (2), Alshon Jeffery(3), Jeremy Maclin (6), Michael Floyd (7), Justin Hunter (12), Josh Gordon (13), Frankie Hammond (22)

TE: Garrett Graham (16), CJ Fiedorwicz (17)

K: Graham Gano (19), Matt Prater (20)

D: Denver Broncos (8), New England Patriots (9).

Took Brees #1 overall. I have Manning and Rodgers in some other leagues, so I wanted Brees. Simply amazed Jordy/Alshon/Bell fell to me in 2nd/3rd/4th. Personally I really like my team. Only weak spot is TE and I drafted them hoping they install a Patriots type offense and I have Gronk/Hernandez this season?

10 team standard scoring QB,RB,RB,WR,WR,TE Flex(RB/WR/TE), K, DEF

Matt Ryan(10), Russell Wilson(11)

Eddie Lacy(2 keeper), Doug Martin(3), Ray Rice(5), MJD(8), Andre Williams(12)

D. Thomas(1), A. Johnson(4), K. Allen(4), Michael Floyd(7), M. Crabtree(14 keeper), K. Benjamin(13)

K. Rudolph (9)

Arizona (15)

N. Novak(16)

Traded pre-draft picks #2 and #59 for picks #10 and #31, giving two 4th rounds and no 6th.

14 team, 0.5 ppr, 1 QB/1 TE/1 Def/1 Kicker/ either 1 RB and 4 WR or 2 RB and 3 WR. 16 round auction - $100.

T. Romo (Dal) $11

C. Palmer (Ari) $2

M. Lynch (Sea) $21

J. Bell (Det) $7

D. Freeman (Atl) $3

L. Miller (Mia) $2

M. Ingram (NO) $1

J. Nelson (GB) $18

M. Floyd (Ari) $9

V. Cruz (NYG) $8

K. Benjamin (Car) $3

B. Cooks (NO) $3

Z. Ertz (Phi) $5

R. Rodgers (GB) $3

M. Bryant (Atl) $1

New Orleans Def. $1

*** Have a proposed deal on the table where I trade Lynch/Freeman/Cooks for B. Sankey/D. Bryant/Supplemental draft pick - week #1.

I dropped Ahmad Bradshaw and picked up hillman. I agree ball is a risky pick but he was available in the third round so I couldn't pass that up with all the potential. If he does well then I'll let go of hillman

I too like hillman... drafting him late so far and hoping to reap the rewards if ball fails...

see mine http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=435348

@phillygrrl08

QB are premium so if top 3 were gone at 9th you did great draft.

QB 9/10 (Well, the top QBs are just elite)

WR 10/10 (Did you really need to gamble on Gordon... wait and see now)

RB 8/10 (2 uninspiring starters + 2 backups)

TE 10/10 (Actually I like this and I hate 2TE ff drafts usually. Well, Gronk got an injury history and Rudolph one of my highest rated. I'd ride it out all season... cause Gronk might IR)

DST 8/10 (Went side ways with swapping DE. No Hester. I'm not convinced. CLE DST and Mia DST feel are better options one elite pass and other elite run D play accordingly)

Backups

QB 0/10 (Umm, mobile QB... no backup wonder what can go wrong get Palmer... Flacco, Eli after one of your players falters... Gordon? Not sure he wins appeal.)

RB 6/10 (You don't have enough. 3 RBs with injury history... my bad they all got it. FJax miss time every yr he been relevant, J Bell started rookie yr hurt, Matthews injury prone and recently Pierce got hurt.)

WR 10/10 (You got 2WR that are 1WR lol)

TE 10/10 (Wow, you smartly backup up Gronk)

The QB thing as a 49er fan hope your right and don't need a backup QB outside bye lol. But nobody impressive outside Palmer so you can pick one later. RB disaster waiting to happen. Ok, here we got draft is over so nothing left... trade? Pick 1-2 WR from VJax to Gordon + backup RB FJax actually like him but if you can get a legit 1RB or sell high to CJ Spiller owner... remind him all games he missed give exact numbers + yrs... SELL Pierce not as excited about to Rice owner get another RB.

Undervalue guys Stacy, Ellington, Tate, Gerhart your swinging a bit but its good to prepare don't be scared to give 2 for 1 to get top RB. If you got a space fill up with decent ww 4RB handcuffs RB Donald Brown SD, RB Bryce Buf, best one of bunch RB Blount if there. Get a Saints or 49er RB lol... you need RBs.

I don't like drafting more 2 injury prone RBs and you got 4... I still get commonly 2 injuries a yr so nuff said... maybe I'm a paranoid picked AP in both injury yrs owner lol.

Good luck, use your depth at WR to get depth at RB. Don't panic simple getting CJ Spiller, Rice or under rated guy I mentioned might do it have 3 legit starters + 2 good backups. Your 1 + 1 away.

@ Cuse9

Hmm, 1 overall pick where QB TD are 6pts picked 1 rated QB BINGO!

I loved most your draft given the size you did great... one concern you picked 2 DST 8 and 9th... maybe a round or 2 earlier but if you score DST highs and did hw on matchups I like it.

QB 10/10

RB 8.5/10 (Don't like Bell but good value all your picks and you did shore up Mia RBs. I'm high on Moreno. I think your 1 RB away but this is ppr right?)

WR 10/10 (More for depth and value in 14 team league... they dropped some how and you scooped them up)

TE 7.5/10 (TE Rodgers GB... highly recommend ww pickup. Serviceable will they get destroyed by the elite yes most likely lol)

DST 10/10 (Overkill? If you got a plan and like matchups weekly and high scoring DST league ok)

K 10/10 (Hmm, interesting I think I would do similar thing towards end of draft... not high on Gano is Gould or Bailey)

Backups

QB 7.5/10 (Let's hope Brees doesn't get hurt)

RB 8.5/10 (Moreno is great but no Ridley or White?)

WR 10/10 (You straight up stole them lol)

TE 6/10 (Who? TE GB Rodgers my sleeper let see who wins lol)

K 10/10 (I'd personally get either rookie K Den plays or FA they sign just saying)

DST 10/10 (Top DST with top DST well you won't worry about that too much)

I would trade WR to get RB depth simple trades like getting Blount, White. Above I recommend undervalued RBs like Tate, Gerhart, Ellington, Stacy even CJ... MJD ok. Even 49ers RBs or NO RBs instead of Deanthony Thomas again who is that?

Good luck, just get a bit of depth and get another top RB and you be fine... Brees will likely lead you to playoffs like he is prone to do.

@laxdad57

Hmm... you nailed it lol. You can maybe package some guys to get others you might like more but you did great. Some how got keeper Benjamin with low pick?

QB 9/10 (He's no top 3 yet but he's getting there solid safe QBs... to think someone might start Eli and pray for no 3 int game)

RB 10/10 (Man, getting keeper Lacy set things off right didn't it)

WR 10/10 (11? I mean your 5th WR is Crabtree that is a 2 WR people lol)

TE 9/10 (He ain't not top 4 guy but I like him a lot)

K 8.5/10 (Solid K in good O)

DST 8.5/10 (I'm worried about injuries... lost 2 key LBs, S Mathieu health?, DL Docket gone. That said got maybe best return game of all DST CB Petterson + WR Ginn lol.

Backups

QB 10/10 (Safe and great QB)

RB 10/10 (Your RB core is solid. Maybe one irrelevant handcuff but legit. Blount, Bernard, DMC if you get one cheap.

WR 10/10 (Its a passing league... guess, nobody got the memo except you)

DST (Maybe you keep an eye your DST... just saying all those injuries piling up now)

You did great maybe you can upgrade here or there but your solid... I really can't recommend anything except swapping for relevant handcuffs but for all I know Jennings gets injured 1st month lol... whatever RBs are crazy and you know that.

@ NPNG

I don't like the trade not sure who you can get in a supplemental draft that be worth it. Just go 2RB + 3WR set... RBs do give steadier pts.

I'm looking at the prices... I don't usually do auction but was shocked but then realized I was going $200 budget lol.

QB 9/10 (Romo if healthy can produce big if... but you got a backup that is good)

RB 9/10 (2 ground and pound guys... Beast Mode express nothing fancy just smash mouth football)

WR 10/10 (I like the top guys and interesting rookies... you might have ROY on your roster you drafted most notable ones)

TE 9/10 (Gambling a bit but really like both offenses so will likely out due name guys)

K 8/10 (I'm skeptical but he cost a $1)

DST 8.5/10 (Can outplay ranking solid S Byrd pickup)

Backups

QB 9/10 (Palmer last guy before backups fall off a cliff)

RB 7.5/10 (Your basically gambling on Freeman... it might pay off or not. 2 guys that basically under achievers. I like Freeman + Ingram but you might need safer backups.)

WR 10/10 (Solid corps and 2 promising rookies I think both are legit and Cooks maybe most intriguing rookie WR)

TE 9/10 (I believe in Rodgers lol)

I would shore up RBs a bit. Get a low rated RB I have some above... like Tate, Ellington, Stacy, Gerhart, MJD, CJ both. I feel your basically putting all your chips on Freeman might be smart to have a plan. Getting all Mia or NO RBs might due with favorite of Moreno + Miller will help.

Romo injury history is concerning but likely the run on QBs was done... so better than starting Palmer.

I think I give sufficient detail in my post:

Rate mine: http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=435374

I play in a 12 team league where scoring is very heavily weighted to QB, and includes big play bonuses for long TD's. We are a PPR league where WR and TE also get .5 points per reception. Team Defense and RB are also heavily weighted in the scoring format.

We start 8 players per week, 1 QB, 1 K, 1 DEF, and 5 other flex players (RB, WR or TE) to a maximum of 4 per position. Most guys go with 2 RB and 3 WR/TE.

QB: Manning* and Romo

RB: Montee Ball* (Den), Giovani Bernard* (CIN), Joique Bell (DET), Lamar Miller (MIA)

WR: Jordy Nelson* (GB), Dwayne Bowe (KC)

TE: Vernon Davis (SF)*, Julius Thomas* TE (DEN), Jordan Reed TE (WAS)

DEF: Chicago Bears and New England Patriots

K: Green Bay and New Orleans.

So your weighted heavily at QB... and got Manning lol.

QB 10/10

RB 9/10 (Get a handcuff or two like Hillman or Hill)

WR 7/10 (Only 2?)

TE 10/10 (You dominate if people had to start a TE)

DEF 9/10 (Bears DST not convinced but its big play and matchup based)

K 10/10 (Why 2 Ks?)

I like both Mason has slight edge... Maybe a WR Boykins pickup is in order for a K. You can't start 2.

QBs tops, RB good risky but if you handcuff I like. I'm not high on Miller but he is 4th RB. WRs what happened? No Deandre Hopkins, Ind WR, Reuben Randall? I don't like Bowe at all he is ok but in that offense severely limited.

I think you need another WR2, RB2 to shore up team... I'd deal Bowe + Miller too see what I can get. Maybe even include a K to someone who don't got a good one. I leave a lot of recommendations above. I would sell on those guys but you do have interesting 3 TE strategy. 2 K not feeling it but you got 2 top guys.

• Like 1

I appreciate your input in advance.

As for my league, it was a 12 team auction ppr. 16 rounds and then additional two rounds at the end snake style for a total of 18 rounds. We had to draft 2 QB, 4 RB, 4 WR, 2 TE, 2 Def, and 2 K. The last 2 picks were any position. We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 2 Flex -WR or RB, 1 TE, 1 Def and 1 K.

Here was my team:

QB: Luck, Cutler

RB: Charles, J. Bell, Gerhart, Sankey, Hyde*

WR: J. Nelson, M. Floyd, M. Colston, E. Decker, J. Hunter*

TE: Olson, Fleener

Def: Browns, Ravens

K: Vinatieri, Gould

* denotes last two picks.

Thanks!

So your weighted heavily at QB... and got Manning lol.

QB 10/10

RB 9/10 (Get a handcuff or two like Hillman or Hill)

WR 7/10 (Only 2?)

TE 10/10 (You dominate if people had to start a TE)

DEF 9/10 (Bears DST not convinced but its big play and matchup based)

K 10/10 (Why 2 Ks?)

I like both Mason has slight edge... Maybe a WR Boykins pickup is in order for a K. You can't start 2.

QBs tops, RB good risky but if you handcuff I like. I'm not high on Miller but he is 4th RB. WRs what happened? No Deandre Hopkins, Ind WR, Reuben Randall? I don't like Bowe at all he is ok but in that offense severely limited.

I think you need another WR2, RB2 to shore up team... I'd deal Bowe + Miller too see what I can get. Maybe even include a K to someone who don't got a good one. I leave a lot of recommendations above. I would sell on those guys but you do have interesting 3 TE strategy. 2 K not feeling it but you got 2 top guys.

We're forced to carry a 15 player roster with backups at each position, otherwise I wouldn't bother carrying 2 kickers or 2 defenses. Because of the scoring format, Manning outscored all other players by about 10 percent last year, QB's get 6pt a TD, a bonus at 300 yards passing, and additional bonuses for TD over 10 yards in length. A good QB can almost carry your team. I agree I should have drafted 1 more WR and 1 less TE, but I was using a best available strategy. My logic was I'd rather have the combo points from Manning to JT than have a 3rd tier WR. PPR make the "Targeted" in the redzone and short yardage tight ends a lot more viable. I've always managed to scrape the WW for WR value, RB and QB value is a lot harder to find.

Assuming I handcuff Hillman to Bell, who would you dump?

Wait your forced to have a backup K and DST lol... The only way you can I guess, is to trade WR Bowe + RB Miller for one top 2 RB/WR and get Hillman as throw away. I don't like that format of all backups... its weird.

Ball will be fine to start year... I'm just skeptical and its cheap insurance.

• Like 1

12 team. 1 PPR. ESPN

I picked dead last! 12th. So I decided to try Wide Reciever-Wide Reciever. Something I'm not really comfortable with. I tried to load up on tons of potential starting RB's. Let's see how it went.

QB: Matt Ryan

Roethlisberger

HB:Spiller

Gerhart

J. Bell

T Richardson

B Sankey

Woodhead

WR: Dez Bryant

B Marshall

Kendall Wright

Kelvin Benjamin

TE:Kyle Rudolph

Zach Ertz

@ txlssp

Hmm, another weird 2 DST/K format I don't like it. But you did great.

QB 10/10 (Like both 3 new weapons + healthy TE/WR who were out what's not to like)

RB 10/10 (BELL COW RB... and 3 legit 2RBs)

WR 9/10 (No elite guy but great depth)

TE 9/10 (Olsen defacto 1 WR in Car)

K 10/10 (two top 2 K where you had to get 2)

DST 10/10 (These are underdog DST but solid teams)

Backups

QB 9/10 (Top backup who might surprise)

RB 10/10 (A lot of depth even top rookie)

WR 9/10 (Solid starters and good 2WRs)

TE 7/10 (Not sure a two 2TE system + 3 legit WR will leave much for Fleener)

K and DST solid see above

I like your QBs and RBs maybe get a handcuff but in weird format no room. Complain to manager about 2 K, DST, TE system? You might as well stand pat barring injury and underperformer. WR Colston got injury history but you got enough depth it won't matter.

If I threw out a recommendation RB Knile Davis some point if one of your top RBs hurt/underperforms. WR you can trade your lower ones for elite talent like Antonio Brown? I like all your RBs to be honest baring injury should have great yrs.

@ secramour

QB 9/10 (Solid safe starters if healthy referring to Big Ben)

RB 9/10 (Risky and no true top guy but with bit of luck will pan out)

WR 10/10 (No depth but elite talent)

TE 9/10 (Top non-elite TE)

Backups

QB 8/10 (Injury history and lost Emmanuel Sanders forgive me for not being overtly excited)

RB 10/10 (One of these will hit. Solid RBs a handcuff like FJax, Blount might reduce 2nd guessing though)

WR 8/10 (Young talent but will they be consistent will see... maybe a safer 2WR just in case you suffer injury to studs)

TE 9/10 (Interesting young TE)

My main concern is at backup WR... I'd target a safer 2 WR just in case stud goes down. See how season plays out maybe your young talent pans out. Indy WRs are all solid and safer plays maybe you can do a trade for one. Eagles WR, Tate, Sanders talent that others might undervalue and safer but you can ride this out.

• Like 1

Wait your forced to have a backup K and DST lol... The only way you can I guess, is to trade WR Bowe + RB Miller for one top 2 RB/WR and get Hillman as throw away. I don't like that format of all backups... its weird.

Ball will be fine to start year... I'm just skeptical and its cheap insurance.

I agree, I'd rather just work the WW and grab backups as required, but that's the way they roll in this league. I think it forces people to draft, as well start someone in bye weeks so teams don't start tanking later in the season. Ronnie Hillman was undrafted in my league, so I can scoop him off the WW after week 1 games conclude. I will have to dump a RB to do it though, we're only a allowed to carry a maximum of 4 RB.

I've proposed a trade to a rookie owner, Miller + Bowe for Gerhart + Watkins, however I highly doubt he will accept.

Thanks 49erGold for the input,

Yeah, not a fan of the format, but the only reason I can think they have it that way is so others can't hoard the RB and WR. Oh well.

Yeah, I do like my QB and RB, but spent quite a bit on Charles for $52, so I had to spend the rest cautiously. QB's went for crazy amounts in this league i.e. $62 for Manning...compared to 15 for Luck and 8 for Cutler lol (6pts for all TD's btw)

Colston is probably my weakest pick out of it all, but ended up getting him for good value because he was nominated so late and I had a bigger budget. I did consider grabbing K. Davis with one of my last two picks, but I really liked Hyde and Hunter's potential. As for backup TE, It was the last roster spot I needed in round 16, and I tried to get Ertz or Rudolph. but only had 6 dollars left and got outbid on both, so there really wasn't much left at that point.

Again thanks for the help!

Thanks for the review. You're correct having Lacy (Pick #19) and Crabtree (Pick #139) really set me up to build this team. The trade was also critical to building that stud WR core. McCoy (had I not traded the #2 pick) and Lacy would have been ideal at RB but I would be chasing at WR and we know it's a passing league.

I had great keeper options this year, which made the choices very difficult, but am happy with what I settled on.

It's a long season and there are always injuries and unexpected underperformers, so I like to begin by building great depth for the first half of the season over building for the best possible starting line-up. I've often traded out of the first round for added 3-5th round picks to help with this approach.

Consolidation (ie. trading two #2's for a #1) for a top starting line-up will become a focus the second half of the year for heading into the playoffs. Teams fighting for a play-off spot or nearly out of the playoff hunt and lacking great keeper options are good candidates to make late season trades with.

Thanks Again!!

Had the 3rd round pick..standard league.

Round 1: Lesean McCoy
Round 2: Dez Bryant
Round 3: Giovanni Bernard
Round 4: Keenan Allen
Round 5: Zac Stacy
Round 6: Cordarrelle Patterson
Round 7: CJ Spiller
Round 8: Michael Floyd
Round 9: Nick Foles
Round 10: Dennis Pitta
Round 11: Colin Kaepernick
Round 12: Shane Vereen
Round 13: Jeremy Maclin
Round 14: Rams Defense
Round 15: Robbie Gould

I feel like the Keenan Allen pick was a little too early. Also I felt that with Bradford being out, Stacy will probably be getting more touches. But opinion?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to rate my team.

My league is a 10 team PPR (1 pt per reception) league. 1 QB 2RB 3 WR 1 TE 1K 1Def Starts

Scoring:

Passing TD:

6 points
Plus 2 points for a PaTD of 10 to 39 Yds
Plus 4 points for a PaTD of 40+ Yds

Receiving TD:

6 points

Plus 3 points for a ReTD of 15 to 39 Yds
Plus 6 points for a ReTD of 40+ Yds

Rushing TD

6 points

Plus 3 points for a RuTD of 10 to 39 Yds
Plus 6 points for a RuTD of 40+ Yds

Starting LIneup

QB: Manning

RB: T. Gerhart

RB: Pierre Thomas

WR: Julio Jones
WR: Victor Cruz
WR: Kendall Wright

TE: J Thomas
K: Vinatieri
DEF: Bengals

Bench:

RB: Ryan Mathews

RB: CJ Spiller

RB: Danny Woodhead

WR: Danny Amdendola

WR: Kelvin Benjamin

DEF: Patriots

What are my strength/weak spots, what position should I target the waiver wire after week 1. Thanks!

14 team, flex ppr league

QB Tony Romo (7)RB Zac Stacy (3)RB Toby Gerhart (5)WR Calvin Johnson (1)WR Jordy Nelson (2)TE Jordan Cameron (4)FLEX Bishop Sankey (6)D/ST Packers D/ST (14)K Nick Novak (15)BE Rueben Randle (8)BE Bernard Pierce (9)BE DeAndre Hopkins (10)BE Jeremy Hill (11)BE Alex Smith (12)BE Scott Chandler (13)

@ Lemxon

QB 10/10 (Two QB system just saying but it might take a month to get a feel for falling and rising Ds)

RB 10/10 (Top 4 RB + legit starters. Your loaded if you have room maybe a cheap ww RB Tre Mason pickup or get RB Hill... injuries might as well plan for one)

WR 10/10 (Top WR + young talent in great Os.)

TE 8.5/10 (TE1 Great value... can have big games. My only concern is injury history)

K 8.5/10 (Good value better than some and if Cutler is healthy might out perform top K)

DST 9/10 (A lot of Ds are sinking but this one got better. Minus passing teams... well, they did upset NO 2013... top DST and one of top 3 in sacs + Austin returner)

Draft value and picks went perfect. Your set man my only concern is Pitta but I think he can be a great TE push for 5th or 6th best one. If healthy will be great. Top players very strong depth. Like I said only concern would be Pitta health. Ed Dickson got traded so only helps him.

You should stand pat I guess, you can do upgrade at TE if good price but your loaded might as well stand pat... injuries later might for a trade or two.

@ Flash353

QB 10/10 (So passing TDs are 6 pts and you got Manning. You got a ff handicap score.)

RB 9/10 (Pierre is interesting and most valuable ppr. But 3 guys with injury history and unsure of Pierre role. Good depth.)

WR 9/10 (If healthy will be great core big if. 2 guys Amendola and Julio got red flags and Cruz got off an injury)

TE 10/10 (Welker is down guess who profits well Sanders but maybe JT too)

K 9/10 (Top K only concern is age)

DST 9.5/10 (CB Newman is up in age... that said, D is solid and they held Ari to 3 pts pre-season. As long as DT Atkins plays your fine... the drop off was drastic last yr)

Backups

0/10 (An aging QB with no backup I wonder what can go wrong?)

RB 10/10 (No top guy but plenty of 2RB)

WR 8/10 (Im not excited and 3 WR you want to be set at WR)

DST 9/10 (Honestly, you don't need one but its a top DST and you can score on matchups)

Nobody is really droppable in your team unless your 8 teamer... I guess, an injury or if Pierre under produces. Do you really need another DST? Not sure ww is answer. I got sleepers but you got proven I guys not worth gambling on.

As far as backup QB... if nobody appetizing is ww you can wait a month or so... you need at least one for a bye. Ok, let me clarify some of this advice is for this type of league that scores long plays. RBs you want explosive right? Gerhart is reliable and looks to be a 3 yds per carry guy with burst but CJ Spiller is your most explosive RB. He is dynamite only problem is injuries or he be a 1RB. I would start him over Pierre is 3RB on team supposedly... I feel he will be Darren Sproles type as much as he can be so he can be valuable. I feel you got too much depth at RB? You only start 2RB no flex... you got 5 guys. I would trade one because you start 3 WR and got 5 so might as well have another Amendola missed a lot of time these past 2 seasons... so your fantasy dreams could be resting on WR Benjamin.

If I miss read and you got flex than you might be fine. Actually guy above jumped on the young WR train Floyd, Allen, Torry Smith, TY there are so many rising stars I'd try to package something maybe swap for Amendola not sure you get a taker... try a Pats fan? All those young guys are deep threats for team so be great in your league... you might get slow weeks due to inconsistency of youth but I broke my leagues single game scoring record thanks to WR Floyd...

Julio + Victor + Julian are big play trios and if healthy will have big games and that is the problem they all had recent injury history... and you don't have that safe WR in bench to come to bat. Let me see if I can id some sleeper/under valued big play guys... that said if healthy Amendola is big play guy. DJax and Sanders. I'm looking at my board your WR are good value... its just you got 2 of the biggest injury risk on one team for WR.

Good luck man...

@ trowit

These rankings taking your 14 team league into account. Great draft like value only TE picks seemed high but maybe talent was off the board.

QB 9/10 (Did you see Romo get nailed by Mia D? Well, if you didn't don't watch lol.)

RB 10/10 (Good value and you got 3 legit RBs in a 14 teamer)

WR 11/10 (They be great in any league)

TE 9/10 (Do you really need a backup with top 5 TE?)

K 8.5/10

DST 8/10 (I'm not excited about this D. Rodgers gets in shootouts lost Raji... I'm skeptical of run D.)

Backups

QB 9/10 (Mr. Reliable... safe but don't count on him to single handedly win a game)

RB 8/10 (Not excited about Pierce with concussion and 1st game... sell high before Rice owner is on to something? If your 2 rookies play great it might make up for it.)

WR 8.5/10 (Not proven but rising stars I like as spot starters. I had both last year Reuben is your better both great though and play matchups)

TE 8/10 (2TE had great games if Watkins misses more time he'd be great low 1TE)

I saw how an elite pass D... destroyed Romo... wow! He can't get too many games hit like that or he will be hurt. You nabbed a QB but I'd be looking to upgrade backup or get a new QB. At RB I like your RBs great value... if your backup TE don't pan out... maybe you can get a cheap handcuff in order of rank RB McCluster, Tre Mason, Toddman... assuming you don't find a rising star. I think they are intriguing kinda proven RBs but like upside of your starters... just injury history both missed time last yr...

WRs elite man... you got a Tier 1... CJ is only tier 1 in my book... and boarderline Tier 2 WR... if healthy this will win you bunch of games. Two rising rookies can they fill CJ going down... no.. but don't think anyone outside top 4 can... but their upside 3WR... I like Reuben but if NYG are inconsistent he will suffer same for Deandre.

DST: Here some I like now regular scoring no yds. I highly recommend you do a ww DST strategy. Week 1 I don't approve GB DST. Here's some Cle, Bal, Mia, TB are lower that I like. Similar that I like more but matchup based NO, Hou, Det... GB too with matchups. Det not sure vs elite pass Ds.

Go safe Novak. NO K in itself has value you had K controversy past season and talent wise weren't great that is why their all out of league but Shayne was better than those two frustrating ff Ks... so I'm curious.