Sign in to follow this  
johnnyu24

Need Input on Potential Draft Pick Trade

I run a 10 man standard scoring league with 3 flex positions to use between RB and WR. Our draft is on Sunday and I am picking #4; a member of our league who is picking #3 is offering me his 1st and 16th round picks (don't really care about the 16th round one obviously) for my 2nd and 3rd round picks (#'s 17 and 24 overall). I am trying to get some opinions on what I should do. I have a good inkling that the first 2 picks of the draft are going to be Peyton @1 and McCoy @2...so I would presumably have 2 of either Peterson, Charles, or Forte...My point of view is I would love to have 2 of those 3 RB studs (since RB is so thin, on the top ones at least) but I wouldn't be picking again till round 4 (37 overall). I know I could still pick up many good pieces because QB and WR are so deep this year, but not sure if I am giving up too much...Should I pull the trigger on this deal? Please give me you thoughts...

Your not getting enough in return, he's going to get two legit starters for giving up a stud. Your 2nd round pick #17 stops a large drop for him from #3 overall, but the compensation pick #24 by itself is too much, think along the lines of doubling the drop from #24 (14 spots drop in top picks exchanged) so around pick #53.so his 6th round pick #58 seems about right.

So I'm suggesting you get #3 and #58 for your #17 and #24 and that is a fair price to pay for you getting the best player in the deal. You can try for his 5th round pick #43 in a counter offer and see if it settles out for the 6th.

Your not getting enough in return, he's going to get two legit starters for giving up a stud. Your 2nd round pick #17 stops a large drop for him from #3 overall, but the compensation pick #24 by itself is too much, think along the lines of doubling the drop from #24 (14 spots drop in top picks exchanged) so around pick #53.so his 6th round pick #58 seems about right.

So I'm suggesting you get #3 and #58 for your #17 and #24 and that is a fair price to pay for you getting the best player in the deal. You can try for his 5th round pick #43 in a counter offer and see if it settles out for the 6th.

Agree dont do the trade.