Eli Manning vs. Alex Smith last 6 years

Since 2012:

Alex Smith:

Record as starting QB: 52-28
TD/INT - 106-35
manning:
Record as starting QB: 34-51
TD/INT - 134-88
6 years now. Let's draft an RB. Brilliant!!!! It is so paying off being 1-5!!!!
:banana: :banana: :banana:

And exactly what had Alex Smith done? If, as you're pointing out, he is so superior to Eli where is the proof? Where are the playoff victories, where are the rings, where are the accolades. Hell, just look at the coaching, who would you rather have...Andy Reid or Coughlin/McAdoo/Spags/Shurmur?

you are making a fool of yourself. do us all a favor and just stop. No one is saying the Giants don't need a QB. We're saying you're stupid for not recognizing the extraordinary talent that Barkley has displayed in a mere 6 games. He is the 2nd player EVER to have 100+ yards in all 6 of games to start his career off.

just stop

And exactly what had Alex Smith done? If, as you're pointing out, he is so superior to Eli where is the proof? Where are the playoff victories, where are the rings, where are the accolades. Hell, just look at the coaching, who would you rather have...Andy Reid or Coughlin/McAdoo/Spags/Shurmur?

you are making a fool of yourself. do us all a favor and just stop. No one is saying the Giants don't need a QB. We're saying you're stupid for not recognizing the extraordinary talent that Barkley has displayed in a mere 6 games. He is the 2nd player EVER to have 100+ yards in all 6 of games to start his career off.

just stop

Ohhhh. Now it's the coaching over the last 6 years. . Hahaha. I know NY folks are sensitive. But my point is, eli manning pales in comparison to Alex Smith. And Alex Smith is considered a mediocre QB.

Oh, and Barkley is so helping them win games. You can tell by their 1-5 record. :banana: :banana: :banana:

And exactly what had Alex Smith done? If, as you're pointing out, he is so superior to Eli where is the proof? Where are the playoff victories, where are the rings, where are the accolades.

Ohhhh. So you are living in the past with manning. Just like your team is. Smart move. God knows the current giants team players are running home after every loss to celebrate something that happened years ago. Good for them. More power to them. Enjoy life.

That would be great analysis if Eli had a six year career. And I recall Eli beating Smith in his house in the NFC championship. Championship. Mic drop.

That would be great analysis if Eli had a six year career. And I recall Eli beating Smith in his house in the NFC championship. Championship. Mic drop.

Another fan living in the past. Even in the past he was carried by the defense. So delusional...

Another fan living in the past. Even in the past he was carried by the defense. So delusional...

Eli Manning vs. Alex Smith last 6 years
Started by seafoam1, Today, 05:11 PM

:ninja: :wub:

Eli has won two Super Bowls. Hes done now but hes better than Smith in the biggest stat. Rings.

Eli has won two Super Bowls. Hes done now but hes better than Smith in the biggest stat. Rings.

Ok. So this chat is about 7+ years ago? This is exactly why the giants suck. They can't let go. OMG. eli manning has terrible stats in his career but has 2 rings. Great. Keep him as the giants QB until he 300 years old.

One of Elis finest moments. Against that defense, on the road, in the conditions and he kept gettting knocked on his ass. Of course he kept getting back up, he's a tough SOB. I don't know if it's better than his OTHER OT win on the road in the NFC championship. Both were historic.

Ok. So this chat is about 7+ years ago? This is exactly why the giants suck. They can't let go. OMG. eli manning has terrible stats in his career but has 2 rings. Great. Keep him as the giants QB until he 300 years old.

He won’t make it that long.

Even HOF Qb need to retire.

Thanks.

Ps get some rest.

He won’t make it that long.

Even HOF Qb need to retire.

Thanks.

Ps get some rest.

Yep. And even non HOF QBs need to retire. Those who do not belong in the HOF QBs retire.

Last 6 years. But none of the giants fans care about the current state of that piece of shlt team. You all just want to suck manning/s dlck. Good for you.

Alex Smith:

TD/INT - 106-35
manning:
TD/INT - 134-88
Good call on manning. Maybe you should get some rest.

seafoam1, i'm sorry Eli slept with your wife/mom/sister/boyfriend/all of the above. Winners get to do what they want even when their balls get old and don't fly as well as they used to. If it's any consolation you can wear your "Biggest FFToday Forum Douche" hat with pride.

:cheers: Here's Saquon being a horrible pick and powering my fantasy team to a championship. :cheers:

seafoam1, i'm sorry Eli slept with your wife/mom/sister/boyfriend/all of the above. Winners get to do what they want even when their balls get old and don't fly as well as they used to. If it's any consolation you can wear your "Biggest FFToday Forum Douche" hat with pride.

:cheers: Here's Saquon being a horrible pick and powering my fantasy team to a championship. :cheers:

And the losers are 1-5. Just saying. And that whole sleeping with people is weird. Nice bringing that into a football chat. What a great way to make a point when you don't have one.

Yep. And even non HOF QBs need to retire. Those who do not belong in the HOF QBs retire.

Last 6 years. But none of the giants fans care about the current state of that piece of shlt team. You all just want to suck manning/s dlck. Good for you.

Alex Smith:

TD/INT - 106-35

manning:

TD/INT - 134-88

Good call on manning. Maybe you should get some rest.

Get some rest dude, really stop thinking about football for awhile.

Day E Manning is in shrine into the HOF your going to explode.

Really relax, calm down.

Get some rest dude, really stop thinking about football for awhile.

Day E Manning is in shrine into the HOF your going to explode.

Really relax, calm down.

You should get some rest dude. You are getting set off so easily. Even tough manning sucks you can still pretend he is good.

Alex Smith:

TD/INT - 106-35

manning:

TD/INT - 134-88

6 years now.

Is this odd obsession going to fade ever? People made like 1 comment preseason that maybe Manning would be a fringe top 15 guy because of the weapons he has. You are taking that ball and running a marathon with it. You are the only one who has even brought him up or thinks about him.

Hes on his last legs and sucks this year (years past has supported OBJ to give seasons), will prob make the hall of fame due to to stats and two SB. Thats all there is to say.

IHes on his last legs and sucks this year

Yes he does. And not just this year, but the previous 5 as well.

Alex Smith:

TD/INT - 106-35
manning:
TD/INT - 134-88

All the giants fans? Theres like 2. HT and that guy with phill simms in his pic. Again, whats with the obsession? Whats the goal here? Whats with reposting the odd Alex Smith comparison when its right there 2 posts up already? Who even brought up Alex Smith? Whats going on here?!

I remember when Eli was playing against Johnny Unitas and.....it wasn't even close back then.

I remember when Eli was playing against Johnny Unitas and.....it wasn't even close back then.

It wouldn't be close today. And one of them is dead.

Yes he does. And not just this year, but the previous 5 as well.

Alex Smith:

TD/INT - 106-35

manning:

TD/INT - 134-88

Don't know if any of you watched Homeland but this behavior reminds me of when kerri matheson would go off her meds...

It wouldn't be close today. And one of them is dead.

And so is Johnny U.

See what I did there.

The premise of this thread is strange by the Smith comparison. Smith got benched for Colin K so the year SF got to the Super Bowl, we will never know what Smith would have done. But hes also been notorious for being conservative. Any pro qb worth anything would want one of his career achievements to be winning the Super Bowl. Eli has 2 and that stat is more important than the rest.

And the losers are 1-5. Just saying. And that whole sleeping with people is weird. Nice bringing that into a football chat. What a great way to make a point when you don't have one.

My point has already beaten you over the head repeatedly, so much so you wouldn't even respond to several posts. You've resorted to cherry picking obscure #'s for the latter part of a players career to support your bias about the giants.

So, here's some numbers. From the first year that Eli entered the league, who are the Superbowl winning QB's:

Tom Brady 4
Ben Roethlisberger 2
Peyton Manning 2
Eli Manning 2
Drew Brees 1
Aaron Rogers 1
Joe Flacco 1
Russell Wilson 1
Nick Foles 1

Let's right off the bat cover this...three of these things are not like the other. Foles, Flacco and Wilson are not HOF credential QB's. Philip Rivers is and has been FLAT out a better QB than Eli, but he likely won't get HOF consideration because of the numbers above. The FACT that Manning has more than Brees and Rogers just enhances his chances. You can say what you want, but his play on the biggest stage in football, TWICE, dictates that you are wrong. Yes, he's done. But i'm not seeing Alex Smith anywhere on the important list. Look at the list of playoff wins, again, you'll find Eli toward the top and Alex Smith nowhere to be found.

My point has already beaten you over the head repeatedly, so much so you wouldn't even respond to several posts. You've resorted to cherry picking obscure #'s for the latter part of a players career to support your bias about the giants.

So, here's some numbers. From the first year that Eli entered the league, who are the Superbowl winning QB's:

Tom Brady 4
Ben Roethlisberger 2
Peyton Manning 2
Eli Manning 2
Drew Brees 1
Aaron Rogers 1
Joe Flacco 1
Russell Wilson 1
Nick Foles 1

Let's right off the bat cover this...three of these things are not like the other. Foles, Flacco and Wilson are not HOF credential QB's. Philip Rivers is and has been FLAT out a better QB than Eli, but he likely won't get HOF consideration because of the numbers above. The FACT that Manning has more than Brees and Rogers just enhances his chances. You can say what you want, but his play on the biggest stage in football, TWICE, dictates that you are wrong. Yes, he's done. But i'm not seeing Alex Smith anywhere on the important list. Look at the list of playoff wins, again, you'll find Eli toward the top and Alex Smith nowhere to be found.

Alex Smith:

TD/INT - 106-35

manning:

TD/INT - 134-88

Wow.

You really need some help.

Ill be praying for you mr.

Its a very strange oppression you have over this issue.

Know one here as any vote who makes the HOF, I just dont understand the reason this issue bothers you so much.

I still think he will get voted in, but hey I dont get a vote and neither do you.

But really please take up another hobby.

Like ice cream stick sailing.

You really need some help.

Know one here as any vote who makes the HOF,

That is not a typo. That is an example of someone needing help. "Know one here as..." ???? :clap:

The rest of that drivel is just that, drivel.

Let's be honest, the only reason the Giants won the Superbowl is because of Ahmad Bradshaw. He should be a shoe in for HOF at RB, right?

I don't think 45 and 72 yards rushing in the super bowl will be enough. Outdueling Brady and Belicheck 2x is much more impressive.

I don't think 45 and 72 yards rushing in the super bowl will be enough. Outdueling Brady and Belicheck 2x is much more impressive.

Wow, manning threw for a whole 3 touchdowns in 2 SB games. Boy, that has HOF written all over it. It's really convenient how nobody wants to mention that the defense won those games for them. If Trent Dilfer had those defenses he could have won 4 SBs.

Agreed, in a redraft done today would still take Barkley, and if not Denzel Ward.

Alex Smith:

TD/INT - 106-35

manning:

TD/INT - 134-88

Here, I'll save you the trouble of posting it again. Because every QB should be judged by the only the last 6 years of his career. Roethlisberger hasn't won one in 9 years, clearly they should have gotten rid of him 9 yrs ago then. It's been 8 years for Drew Brees...fire his ass. 7 years for Rodgers...unemployment line for him too!

please stop being a dumbass.

-Sincerely, the FFToday bored denizens.

Here, I'll save you the trouble of posting it again. Because every QB should be judged by the only the last 6 years of his career. Roethlisberger hasn't won one in 9 years, clearly they should have gotten rid of him 9 yrs ago then. It's been 8 years for Drew Brees...fire his ass. 7 years for Rodgers...unemployment line for him too!

please stop being a dumbass.

-Sincerely, the FFToday bored denizens.

HOF is not about winning a SB. It's about standing well above your peers at your position on a consistent basis.

And for his whole career he has not been in the top 6 compared to his peers. he only made the top 10 like twice.

Please stop name calling. It's childish.

HOF is not about winning a SB. It's about standing well above your peers at your position on a consistent basis.

And for his whole career he has not been in the top 6 compared to his peers. he only made the top 10 like twice.

Please stop name calling. It's childish.

And I agree completely. And I have said, as a Steelers fan, that Big Ben probably doesn't deserve to be in the HOF, but the does qualify for the Hall of Very Good. In the last few years there are 3 HOF QB's: Peyton Manning, Tom Brady and Drew Brees. Rodgers career arch says he will belong, Roethlisberger is the next guy on waiting list, with Rivers behind him and maybe not able to get because of the lack of hardware. IMO neither truly meets the standards.

But to cherry pick #'s for the last 6 years to compare Alex Smith who doesn't win playoff games on an ascendant team to Eli who does win playoff games on a team clearly in rebuild mode is beyond logic. Are there people who would take Smith over Eli right now? Sure. Put each at their apex and there's no freaking way. I'll compare it another way. Eli and Ben are apples to apples, both drafted same year. 5 years ago the Steelers selected Landry Jones to see if they could find an heir to Ben. Two years ago they selected Josh Dobbs, same reason. This past draft they selected Mason Rudolph. Not one of those guys was a 1st rounder, but they are clearly keeping an eye toward the future knowing that the shelf life of Roethlisberger is dwindling. If the Giants had done the EXACT same thing, selected Dobbs 2 drafts ago, selected Rudolph this past one, AND had selected Barkley in the 1st round, there would be very little anybody could say about their plan. This isn't a Manning problem, it's a Giants problem. As far as the responses goes, no one (except you Mr. Rinse and Repeat) on the board thinks Barkley was a bad pick, the guy appears to have transcendent talent and effectively IS the only offense they have currently. But a fall-back plan for Eli's deterioration doesn't require the expenditure of a 1st round pick. Drew Bledsoe was still a pretty good QB when some 6th round pick named Brady stepped in for him due to injury. It's not a one-for-one relationship as you continue to try to paint it. The Giants have failed miserably at planning for the future and quite possibly at their draft selections and that has WAY more to do with their current situation than taking the best RB that many people have seen in a long time.

I have no dog in this fight. I'm not biased by being a Giants or Eli fan. I am a fan of Barkley, but only because he's already doing things that I have rarely, if ever, seen done by someone at his position. I was not a Lions fan, but Barry Sanders is to this day still one of my favorite players. The comparisons of Barkley to Barry are apropos if nothing else. When you have the chance to take a transcendent talent, regardless of position, you take it. And there isn't an NFL team, GM, coach or fan who wouldn't like to rewind the clock and pluck Barry Sanders from the draft onto their team. Barkley is looking like the same kind of player on a limited sample size. Best player available extends beyond fantasy football. Competing for a championship every year is a skill that most teams don't have. If blame falls somewhere, it's probably Jerry Reese and now Gettleman, but it has nothing to do with the selection of Barkley.

So, feel free to re-re-re-re-post your Eli to Alex Smith stats and enjoy the rest of your groundhog day style weekend.