Sign in to follow this  
vash1012

The Official I survived Todd Gurley in the playoffs thread

Made it past him on the backs of KHunt and Bortles in week 16. Won my first championship in this work league after coming in 2nd place and 3rd place twice with a limping effort where everyone on both teams underperformed and would have been demolished by the Todd Gurley owner.

I survived the Gurley onslaught thanks to the efforts of the Vikings defense (our league has a high premium on shutouts) and Dion Lewis.

Beat him in week 14, went on to win the title. Now, my total points league? Gurley is ruining what was looking like my fifth title. From 100 points ahead to 8 points behind in two weeks.

Fortunately for me Todd and his owner did not make it into the playoffs but if he did, I would have lost to him by about 5 points BECAUSE I didn’t play Lewis over Drake.

Obviously, had I played Lewis, I would have killed the Todd owner despite his 39points in standard. Lewis got 27 in standard, Drake got 5.7.

Also survived Gurley in the semis thanks to outstanding efforts from Bortles, Hunt and Gronk. I actually felt bad for the Gurley owner as our semi was a 160-150 scoreline while the other semi was a 90-85 scoreline. Last week's game was probably the wildest back and forth rollercoaster ride I've ever been on in my ten years of playing fantasy. Went from the ultimate high of Hunt's monster performance on Saturday night to the ultimate low finding myself behind late Sunday afternoon. Thankfully Gronk had a drive for the ages and Juju followed that drive up with an amazing catch and run (we all know what happened next). I was jumping up and down going nuts the final two minutes of the NE/Pitt game! Would've lost to the Gurley owner had we met in the finals but we didn't so I'm the champ! :doublethumbsup:

Congrats to all who were able to win their leagues by surviving Gurley's historic two week performance.

I survived a Gurley/Zeke combo this week to win by 8 points. I was able to blunt the effects some by picking up CJ Anderson this week (had waiver priority over my opponent, and somebody had dropped him 3 or 4 weeks ago due to his mediocrity and Booker's emergence). Also had the Brady/Gronk combo going, which has saved me a few times this season, along with Buttkicker and Bears D. He started Mariota, which ultimately sunk him.

He is a stout competitor, and had Ashlon still to go tonight after I was done.......so I figured I was sunk, but he laid the old goose in the mostly timely game.

I realize how lucky I was to escape Gurley-Man, but better lucky than good in the 'Ship.....anytime.

Gurley-Man's performance this year reminds me of what Charles did a few year ago.....something like 5 TD's in one game? I am still smarting from that loss.....

Survived and thrived in week 16 to make it to our finals in week 17.

He had Gurley who had 54 but that's about it.

I had Goff, Dion Lewis and Fitzgerald

On to the Championship game!

Nice job guys. I had Gurley and Goff and still lost.....have never felt so screwed by the FF gods.

Good lord!

That is some bad luck, who did your opponent have?

Nice job guys. I had Gurley and Goff and still lost.....have never felt so screwed by the FF gods.

What?!?

Musta also started Freeman, Jeffery, Crabtree, Engram, Flexed Drake, with the Jax D........

I had the "highest losing score" in the league this season, what a crappy time for that to happen (12 team standard money league that I have won 5 times previously).

I lost David Johnson in week one and due to various injuries my team wasn't exceptional come playoff time. Gurley sure killed it for me...and kept me at the top of the standings....pretty good value for drafting him at 2.12 .... props to Doug Orth who had him as the 6th best RB on his Big Board!

With Gurley and Goff both going off.... it sure hurt to lose. My big FUs were Cooks, Crabs, Mixon, and Mike Davis.....who combined for 10.00 points. If Mixon had not got hurt in Q1 I surely would have won. I didn't leave any points on my bench so I can't beat myself up for it.

My opponent had Cousins and the Ari Def (24 pts!) and a bunch of players who all got 10-12 pts. We also play one IDP and my opponent had Woodyard for Tennessee....who scored a TD off Goff's fumble when he got crushed before he could hand off to Gurley. So on that one play I lost 2pts and he got 8pts for the TD and fumble recovery. That was a 10pt swing.

See you next year fellas.