Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Eagles at Giants: In-Game Discussion

Eli is focking terrible but a lot of his deer in headlights is similar to what Bulger experience here in St. Louis at the end: a crappy line giving him a 1/2 second to find someone. So his completion percentage near 70% is great. Yayyy. 2-3 yards per completion with dump offs though. As bad as an RB getting 3 ypc.

edit: I'm a disgruntled OBJ owner

FIFY

I've never seen so many people riled up about a once elite QB who is clearly at the end. Eli is one of the good guys in the NFL. You people need medication

future HOF QB

He has something against the Giants in General and Eli in particular, Barkley is a distant third on his hate list

Right. I should be praising how great the giants and eli manning are to appease you. If you followed football, you would know that most teams and educated NFL GMs, coaches, etc. don't try to rebuild their team around a running back. RBs have a much shorter shelf life for the most part and if you don't have a strong foundation on your oline and at QB, you will not win many games. See Barry Sanders and the Lions and Walter Payton and the Bears.

You fans of the giants have the equal of Bob Avellini and Rodney Peete at QB. Actually not even that good. :) :clap:

:clap: :overhead:

Right. I should be praising how great the giants and eli manning are to appease:

No but maybe take a break and not say anything for say maybe a day? You seem as spastic as ever lately.

I gave HT and giants fans crap for rolling with Eli and grabbing a RB. But really it all depends on what Darnold is. I happen to like Darnold. But if he turns out to be average or less then it will actually turn out to be a real good selection. If Darnold wins a SB for the Jets then it looks bad. Or if they can pull a good QB this year that pans out it will work for them too. So really yet to be determined.

I know they sort of liked Darnold. How much Im not sure. But maybe they didnt like any of the QBs after Baker. We dont know.

Right. I should be praising how great the giants and eli manning are to appease you. If you followed football, you would know that most teams and educated NFL GMs, coaches, etc. don't try to rebuild their team around a running back. RBs have a much shorter shelf life for the most part and if you don't have a strong foundation on your oline and at QB, you will not win many games. See Barry Sanders and the Lions and Walter Payton and the Bears.

You fans of the giants have the equal of Bob Avellini and Rodney Peete at QB. Actually not even that good. :) :clap:

Yeah, good logic. Let's pick 2 HOF RB's who both had very extended careers for their respective teams and are still regarded among the greatest at their position. Yeah...really bad choices. Picking each of them DOOMED their franchises to extended periods of failure.

No but maybe take a break and not say anything for say maybe a day? You seem as spastic as ever lately.

I gave HT and giants fans crap for rolling with Eli and grabbing a RB. But really it all depends on what Darnold is. I happen to like Darnold. But if he turns out to be average or less then it will actually turn out to be a real good selection. If Darnold wins a SB for the Jets then it looks bad. Or if they can pull a good QB this year that pans out it will work for them too. So really yet to be determined.

I know they sort of liked Darnold. How much Im not sure. But maybe they didnt like any of the QBs after Baker. We dont know.

unpossible...hemorrhoid gonna do hemorrhoid things

My Miami Dolphins have been destroying the NFL since they chose Jake Long number 1 overall.

Some positions are more important than other certainly. But you dont ignore talent. Saquon is not human.

Barkley scored me 83.90 points. We have bonus for 40 yard plays and for 100 yards receiving/rushing

He was projected for 23.

My Miami Dolphins have been destroying the NFL since they chose Jake Long number 1 overall.

Some positions are more important than other certainly. But you dont ignore talent. Saquon is not human.

:doublethumbsup:

Maybe try meditation, possibly therapy?

I'm enjoying this football year way too much to mess with it now.☺

Bottom line Seafoam, there are many ways to build a winner. Stop acting as if you know the one formula, there is none. History proves this time and again.

Bottom line Seafoam, there are many ways to build a winner. Stop acting as if you know the one formula, there is none. History proves this time and again.

Having a good QB is a more proven way to succeed at offense than having a good RB and a crap QB. It's simple. And most QBs take time to develop.

Having a good QB is a more proven way to succeed at offense than having a good RB and a crap QB. It's simple. And most QBs take time to develop.

Agree that QB is the key. However they could still get a top guy this year. What if the guy they take this year is better than whoever they would have taken last year?

And the taking time thing is really getting outdated. Teams are TRYING to win while QBs are on rookie contracts.

Goff went from the worst to very good in year 2 with a new OC. To now the favorites in the NFL in year 3.

Wentz was basically the MVP in his 2nd season before being injured.

Watson looked lights out as a rookie until injury. Mahomes looks lights out as a 2nd year guy and 1st year starter.

Luck was very good after a year.

Agree that QB is the key. However they could still get a top guy this year. What if the guy they take this year is better than whoever they would have taken last year?

And the taking time thing is really getting outdated. Teams are TRYING to win while QBs are on rookie contracts.

Goff went from the worst to very good in year 2 with a new OC. To now the favorites in the NFL in year 3.

Wentz was basically the MVP in his 2nd season before being injured.

Watson looked lights out as a rookie until injury. Mahomes looks lights out as a 2nd year guy and 1st year starter.

Luck was very good after a year.

They could get a top guy. But not every QB is promised a good career.

Would you rather your young QB take his lumps with Wayne freaking Gallman in the backfield or perhaps with one of the best RBs weve ever seen?

Draft mayfield, Darnold, Allen, or Rosen, take your pick. None of them are a guarantee, just like it is every year with QBs. Jamarcus wasnt a sure thing, David Carr wasnt a sure thing, the list goes on.

Saquon was as sure of a pick that you couldve made. Yes maybe his shelf life is on the short end but you know what youre getting on the front end. And save for a Trent Richardson, lately all the RBs drafted this high have been spectacular right out of the gate. We all knew saquon would come in and provide explosiveness, even if the offensive line was lacking.

Obviously hindsight is 20/20 but we can all go back to that Hunt vs Barkley thread where most of us were drinking the Barkley Koolaid. But you still have Hunt as the better pick I assume?

Having a good QB is definitely a key to succeeding, just check the Giants winning 2 Super Bowls over the Pats dynasty.

Or is Eli no good?

:banana:

Many ways to build a winner. The best way I've seen yet is to draft the greatest QB of all time with your second pick in the sixth round.

Having a good QB is definitely a key to succeeding, just check the Giants winning 2 Super Bowls over the Pats dynasty.

Or is Eli no good?

:banana:

The Giants had the worst running game in the NFL in 2011 and the 25th ranked defense. Championship!

And yes, Eli is not a mobile QB so he definitely is more reliant upon good O-Line compared to others. The need a few more pickups on the O-line for Eli or whatever QB we draft this year to have a chance of success going forward.

The Giants had the worst running game in the NFL in 2011 and the 25th ranked defense. Championship!

Yes, those 2 teams were remarkably different. Eli was fantastic in 2011, in 2007 he was Mr. CLUTCH.

Plenty of variance in championship teams strengths year-to-year.

Would you rather your young QB take his lumps with Wayne freaking Gallman in the backfield or perhaps with one of the best RBs weve ever seen?

Draft mayfield, Darnold, Allen, or Rosen, take your pick. None of them are a guarantee, just like it is every year with QBs. Jamarcus wasnt a sure thing, David Carr wasnt a sure thing, the list goes on.

Saquon was as sure of a pick that you couldve made. Yes maybe his shelf life is on the short end but you know what youre getting on the front end. And save for a Trent Richardson, lately all the RBs drafted this high have been spectacular right out of the gate. We all knew saquon would come in and provide explosiveness, even if the offensive line was lacking.

Obviously hindsight is 20/20 but we can all go back to that Hunt vs Barkley thread where most of us were drinking the Barkley Koolaid. But you still have Hunt as the better pick I assume?

I put both Hunt and Barkley in the top 10. If you are going to be picky about who comes in 3rd and who comes in 5th or 12th even, that is ridiculous in fantasy football. Noone gets that right except by accident. Outside of fantasy however, Barkley will never sniff a championship with the giants.

That oline was tough to watch. Eli had no time to do much other than check down.

Mara should ask solder for a refund.

Barkley though, wow what fun to watch.

I personally would love to start a team around Saquon. He is better than any of the QBs drafted this year. But I think they could have still gotten him and a backup Pop Warner QB for cheap and been better off than they've been this year.

That oline was tough to watch. Eli had no time to do much other than check down.

Mara should ask solder for a refund.

Barkley though, wow what fun to watch.

I heard a giants beat writer (daily herald?) interviewed on NFL radio today. He was talking about how there are so many eli apologists in NY blaming the oline and everything else to preserve his "legacy". The hosts were pointing out how manning is one of 3 QBs in the league that are completely immobile. The other 2 are Brady and Brees. The only difference is when Brady and Brees have have had bad olines, they knew/know how to step around in the pocket an can make plays. manning cannot do that.

The beat reporter stated, "Eli Manning is the weakest link in this offense."

He is correct.

I put both Hunt and Barkley in the top 10. If you are going to be picky about who comes in 3rd and who comes in 5th or 12th even, that is ridiculous in fantasy football. Noone gets that right except by accident. Outside of fantasy however, Barkley will never sniff a championship with the giants.

you said Barkley was going to be a bust, you said it all offseason. A Tangled Web we weave indeed...

you said Barkley was going to be a bust, you said it all offseason. A Tangled Web we weave indeed...

No I didn't. I said he was unproven and I normally don't put unproven rookies before rushing title winners from the previous year.

You change your story so much its not surprising you can't keep track of it

You change your story so much its not surprising you can't keep track of it

You keep changing your story. You don't know what is going on. Just stop trying to argue things based on what you make up in your head.

I heard a giants beat writer (daily herald?) interviewed on NFL radio today. He was talking about how there are so many eli apologists in NY blaming the oline and everything else to preserve his "legacy". The hosts were pointing out how manning is one of 3 QBs in the league that are completely immobile. The other 2 are Brady and Brees. The only difference is when Brady and Brees have have had bad olines, they knew/know how to step around in the pocket an can make plays. manning cannot do that.

He is correct.

Even the NY media is aware of the giants fans being delusional about manning. But not those on this site it seems.

I must have imagined the 20 times you posted Barkley would be a bust, using a single game against Rutgers as your point of reference... my bad

I must have imagined the 20 times you posted Barkley would be a bust,...my bad

Pretty much. And I still stand by that he was a terrible pick for the giants.

When He and Eli are in the HOF you should go to Canton to let them know

Even the NY media is aware of the giants fans being delusional about manning. But not those on this site it seems.

What Giant fan is talking up the current Eli? You're just making it up. You should have conversations with other people, not just yourself. It's psycho.

I must have imagined the 20 times you posted Barkley would be a bust, using a single game against Rutgers as your point of reference... my bad

Well, he imagines Giant fans saying Eli is a top QB in 2018.

He is correct.

The poor giant fans.... :(

Gotta love the guy who often quotes himself in posts. Who else but Seafoam?

I dont think Smallwood is a workhorse. He's just better than Clement

Eh, thats a fine opinion but its debatable if not blatantly false even. Clement has always looked decent and at the very least his 15 points were nice. The Smallwood owners 6 points on workhorse touches not so much.