Sign in to follow this  
Baker Boy

Couple dies proving evil does not exist

An American couple decided to bicycle around the world in an attempt to prove evil does not exist. They chose to bicycle through ISIS territory and ISIS killed them.

Austin continued, saying that evil is a make-believe concept.

I dont buy it. Evil is a make-believe concept weve invented to deal with the complexities of fellow humans holding values and beliefs and perspectives different than our ownits easier to dismiss an opinion as abhorrent than strive to understand it. Badness exists, sure, but even thats quite rare. By and large, humans are kind. Self-interested sometimes, myopic sometimes, but kind. Generous and wonderful and kind. No greater revelation has come from our journey than this.

Unfortunately, Austin and Geoghegan discovered first-hand that evil does exist in the world when they traveled through a terrorist hotbed.

The couple chose to bike through the Muslim country of Tajikistan with another group of cyclists. They met a gruesome fate when confronted by five members of ISIS.

On July 29th, a car driven by the ISIS members rammed the bikers. The men exited the van and began stabbing the bikers, killing Austin and Geoghegan, along with the other bikers.

ISIS claimed responsibility for the attack in a video featuring the killers posing with an ISIS flag and pledging allegiance to ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi. According to the New York Times, the men vowed to kill the disbelievers.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/08/16/couple-bikes-isis-territory/

An American couple decided to bicycle around the world in an attempt to prove evil does not exist. They chose to bicycle through ISIS territory and ISIS killed them.

Austin continued, saying that evil is a make-believe concept.

I dont buy it. Evil is a make-believe concept weve invented to deal with the complexities of fellow humans holding values and beliefs and perspectives different than our ownits easier to dismiss an opinion as abhorrent than strive to understand it. Badness exists, sure, but even thats quite rare. By and large, humans are kind. Self-interested sometimes, myopic sometimes, but kind. Generous and wonderful and kind. No greater revelation has come from our journey than this.

Unfortunately, Austin and Geoghegan discovered first-hand that evil does exist in the world when they traveled through a terrorist hotbed.

The couple chose to bike through the Muslim country of Tajikistan with another group of cyclists. They met a gruesome fate when confronted by five members of ISIS.

On July 29th, a car driven by the ISIS members rammed the bikers. The men exited the van and began stabbing the bikers, killing Austin and Geoghegan, along with the other bikers.

ISIS claimed responsibility for the attack in a video featuring the killers posing with an ISIS flag and pledging allegiance to ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi. According to the New York Times, the men vowed to kill the disbelievers.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/08/16/couple-bikes-isis-territory/

Terrorist hotbed?

The U.S. travel advisory for Tajikistan on July 29, according to a State Department official, was at Level 1, the lowest, which means Americans traveling in the country should “exercise normal precautions.”

Terrorist hotbed?

The U.S. travel advisory for Tajikistan on July 29, according to a State Department official, was at Level 1, the lowest, which means Americans traveling in the country should exercise normal precautions.

Yeah fock that. Middle east anywhere is a no go. Heck...I even double take on a European trip at this point.

Dude. I absolutely do not need to go to some war torn shithole of a nation to tell you evil exists. Read the news. I buy that people can be nice. People can be excellent. People can also be the most vile creatures ever created.

• Like 1

Dude. I absolutely do not need to go to some war torn shithole of a nation to tell you evil exists. Read the ###### news. I buy that people can be nice. People can be excellent. People can also be the most vile creatures ever created.

Agreed just read a posty thread or a wiff rambling

Tajikistan

:doh: :doh: :doh:

Okay its technically Asia but who cares? You know what he meant. Just another shithole Islamic country.

Tajikistan

:doh: :doh: :doh:

Oh Christ what a dbag. Borders a middle east labeled country...way to split the atom on something I'm sure you had to look up.

Holy balls...I'll bet dollars to Donuts you ran to look it up..saw it's not technically middle east..then ran back to do reply/facepalms.

Some life. Way to go.

• Like 1

Anyplace ending in stan is off limits imo. I won't even talk to someone named Stan.

Mr. Musial says fock you too.

I would love to know what was happening the exact second they changed their minds. Was it on impact with the car? I think not. They were thinking, 'oh this is an accident'. Was it the first knife thrust into their body or did they still think 'oh, this is not evil'. I bet they were shitting and pissing themselves. Just another couple of idiots who prove that the planet is getting dumber. Morons.

I would love to know what was happening the exact second they changed their minds. Was it on impact with the car? I think not. They were thinking, 'oh this is an accident'. Was it the first knife thrust into their body or did they still think 'oh, this is not evil'. I bet they were shitting and pissing themselves. Just another couple of idiots who prove that the planet is getting dumber. Morons.

Fock. I guess we're not gonna be on Oprah...

They could have found out they were wrong by wearing a MAGA hat most anywhere.

• Like 1

strike 2!

Christ close enough.

Head over there dipshiit and explain that it's not technically a middle east country.

Get a life bro.

Probably during the rape.

Anyplace ending in stan is off limits imo. I won't even talk to someone named Stan.

What about Californiastan and New Yorkstan?

What about Californiastan and New Yorkstan?

They are getting there but they are not yet full blown stans.

Oh Christ what a dbag. Borders a middle east labeled country...way to split the atom on something I'm sure you had to look up.

Holy balls...I'll bet dollars to Donuts you ran to look it up..saw it's not technically middle east..then ran back to do reply/facepalms.

Some life. Way to go.

This is rich when considering the place you are at right now.

Glad they weren't taken hostage. Can you imagine the whining from libtards? Especially their no doubt liberal parents. Trump would probably have gotten them back. Oh well.

Yeah fock that. Middle east anywhere is a no go. Heck...I even double take on a European trip at this point.

This. The whole place is a hellish terrorism hotbed.

Agree. Glad I got to Europe before it's gone. Never even considered going to the Middle East. I'll still go to Ireland though. I hope they come to their senses there.

So these people never read a history book or watched the news?

They think everything is just media propaganda.

They must be rich kids. Both graduated Georgetown. Only rich diks have the gumption for this type of indulgence.

• Like 1

I've actually been to Tajikistan, I had a great time and never felt threatened. All depends on where you go.

You honestly expect us to believe that you weren't run over with a van and stabbed to death?

:music_guitarred: Puff the Magic Dragon lived by the sea :music_guitarred:

Until Smaug ate him

I've actually been to Tajikistan, I had a great time and never felt threatened. All depends on where you go.

it's fine and everything I guess, but did you notice that at every single Waffle House there you can only get Coke and not Pepsi products?

Honestly never heard of the place until now. Apparently it borders Afghanistan and if not for some weird border where I'd guess the Afghanis killed a bunch of Tajikistanis to get some modicum of green, they would border Pakistan as well. Is Bandrus actually arguing some semantics that this isn't the middle east? :unsure: