Sign in to follow this  
Filthy Fernadez

Gillette commercial: The Best That Men Can Be....

Smart move on their part. People are falling for this ideology hook....line...and sinker.....might as well get some traction from it. Smart marketing...

I'll be interested to see if it helps them; I suspect it will because of the splash it is making. Razors have more or less become commodities; they all have 897342 blades, swiveling heads... what differentiates them?

Also there is a saying in marketing that bad publicity is better than no publicity. Remember the Energizer Bunny? Everyone hated that annoying thing. But their sales increased because when people needed batteries and saw Energizer, they remembered that focker that kept going and going and going...

Video is at 58k likes and 288 dislikes on youtube.

My biggest problem is that Gillette YouTube channel has a 116000 followers. Focking why? What exactly are you people waiting for gilette to come out with that you gotta get that breaking news from their YouTube channel? Weirdos.

I'll be interested to see if it helps them; I suspect it will because of the splash it is making. Razors have more or less become commodities; they all have 897342 blades, swiveling heads... what differentiates them?

Also there is a saying in marketing that bad publicity is better than no publicity. Remember the Energizer Bunny? Everyone hated that annoying thing. But their sales increased because when people needed batteries and saw Energizer, they remembered that focker that kept going and going and going...

I think your average razor user does tend to have a favorite and is not likely to mage a change over this kind of excrement.

Most people will laugh it off as just another stunt to take advantage of people who are susceptible to it.

The only thing that likely sways their standard consumer is price.

New data show Gillette has lost U.S. market share for six straight years. Its share of the mens-razors business fell to 54% in 2016, down from 59% in 2015 and more than 70% in 2010, according to figures released Tuesday by data-tracking firm Euromonitor

I think your average razor user does tend to have a favorite and is not likely to mage a change over this kind of excrement.

Most people will laugh it off as just another stunt to take advantage of people who are susceptible to it.

The only thing that likely sways their standard consumer is price.

I agree with the last sentence, and otherwise I don't think most men give a shiot. I used disposable Gillettes for years because we got them from Costco. Then my wife moved to a fancier "real" Gillette Fusion to be silky smooth for all of you Geeks, and they carry the blades at Costco, so I'm doing the same. If she said tomorrow "hey, we are moving to this other brand because [whatever]," I'd say "OK, whatever." :thumbsup:

At 1:03 they demonize a guy cold approaching an attractive girl. The narrator guy says, "act the right way" as a man notices the girl passing by, follows his masculine instinct and makes the approach, only to be stopped by his "friend" who physically blocks him and says "not cool, not cool."

I don't think it was coincidence either that the guy looking to hit on the girl was white and the buddy stepping in to be a giant poooosay was black.

I hope Gillette dies.

• Like 2

I agree with the last sentence, and otherwise I don't think most men give a shiot. I used disposable Gillettes for years because we got them from Costco. Then my wife moved to a fancier "real" Gillette Fusion to be silky smooth for all of you Geeks, and they carry the blades at Costco, so I'm doing the same. If she said tomorrow "hey, we are moving to this other brand because [whatever]," I'd say "OK, whatever." :thumbsup:

Ahhh, that $48 blade pack at Costo.....given that I change the blade once a month, I do feel (perhaps wrongly) that I might be giving a big fock you to Gillette's price gouging by not changing frequently and getting a few years out of that pack.

Confession time...

I just get a pack of cheap women's razors because I only need to shave about once every 2 weeks.

I also have a loofa.

Come at me bro!

Confession time...

I just get a pack of cheap women's razors because I only need to shave about once every 2 weeks.

I also have a loofa.

Come at me bro!

Do you identify as a woman when using them?

Link? Oh, and can size? :mad:

My biggest problem is that Gillette YouTube channel has a 116000 followers. Focking why? What exactly are you people waiting for gilette to come out with that you gotta get that breaking news from their YouTube channel? Weirdos.

Facebook too. Why people like companies like Pepsi on Facebook amazes me

Confession time...

I also have a loofa.

Come at me bro!

If we were in prison, you would be my b!tch.

Just to be clear, people are planning on not ever using Gillette products again to protest them saying that men should strive to be the best people they can be...

Okay then.

At 1:03 they demonize a guy cold approaching an attractive girl. The narrator guy says, "act the right way" as a man notices the girl passing by, follows his masculine instinct and makes the approach, only to be stopped by his "friend" who physically blocks him and says "not cool, not cool."

I don't think it was coincidence either that the guy looking to hit on the girl was white and the buddy stepping in to be a giant poooosay was black.

I hope Gillette dies.

Great post.

Thats mostly bots dont worry.

http://www.smm-likes.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjOqPr6fw3wIVionICh31UAt2EAAYASAAEgL6R_D_BwE

Countless others.

like gillette products. reeaaallly do not like this trend of demonizing all men for a few bad apples. there is also a lot of grey area around this. some behavior clearly crosses the line. some we have a minor flirt, woman is not into it.... end of story. not everything is a grotesque grope, or persistent pursuit.

Just to be clear, people are planning on not ever using Gillette products again to protest them saying that men should strive to be the best people they can be...

Okay then.

What if a company made a commercial telling women to stop being conniving, weasely, gold diggers? Do you think women would be pissed off?

So, are we not allowed to look at wimmens ever again? :(

What if a company made a commercial telling women to stop being conniving, weasely, gold diggers? Do you think women would be pissed off?

Gillette: B1tches be wh0res

I hope Gillette dies.

Latest narrative is to make more 'heroes' black. Netflix, Marvel, etc.............

In reality, he would have hit on her first. Hit on everything and hope one takes the bait.

Ohhh ...well....THEN it would be OK to boycott them of course....

I for one would like women to stop throwing their babies in the dumpster.

Women it's on you to change this behavior. You all are responsible for every dumpster baby like wiff.

If we were in prison, you would be my b!tch.

Biitch please. Youd be like..ah man..a loofah. It's crazy how the body wash gets so sudsy and makes me fresh and clean. How you gonna act hard when you smell like creamsicle.

When is Gillette going to do a commercial directed at the fathers with 7 kids with 7 different baby mamas? I wonder why they don't target that group as well.

When is Gillette going to do a commercial directed at the fathers with 7 kids with 7 different baby mamas? I wonder why they don't target that group as well.

Most of those fathers aren't white males. The point of this garbage skit is to take a dump on white males.

I object to the term "Men" in this ad campaign. It's sexist and ignores the feelings of the transgendered community! #resist!

Most of those fathers aren't white males. The point of this garbage skit is to take a dump on white males.

This.

Absolutely

I for one would like women to stop throwing their babies in the dumpster.

Women it's on you to change this behavior. You all are responsible for every dumpster baby like wiff.

And can you female teachers please stop raping juvenile males every three seconds?

Biitch please. Youd be like..ah man..a loofah. It's crazy how the body wash gets so sudsy and makes me fresh and clean. How you gonna act hard when you smell like creamsicle.

Yeah, your prolly right... :doh:

Funny comments over on Dollar Shave Club's twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/DollarShaveClub/status/1084917538713067520

Some of the good ones:

I wouldn't shave Lena Dunham's balls with a Gillette product.

After Gillette's ridiculous stunt this must be like Black Friday for you.

I'll send all my unused Gillette razor cartridges back to the factory so they have something to cut themselves with while they're sobbing about being men.