Sign in to follow this  
supermike80

Abortion rights now called reproductive justice.

It really doesn't make much difference. It's pay me now or pay me later. I bet there's an extremely high percentage of welfare families who get abortions. I guess the gov't can decide to stop paying for the abortions and wait to pay the additional welfare. hth

yep... the money issue debate is much less nuanced than the moral one... Some report came out that a kid costs north of $200k on average, 150k to 250k...

I have a moral stance and an evolved political stance that are basically polar opposites. At a certain point you have to come to the conclusion that below average people struggle to control their own destiny. That is a fact of life, of socioeconomics, of competition. That said, putting the bumpers up on the bowling lane isn't a right, or justice. It is charity. We should be a charitable people who help our fellow neighbors, but it is also a two way street with the understanding that charity should exist as a bridge to cross a hurdle and continue on.

Another fact of life is that everyone is the hero of their own story. And reality will be constructed in minds of people that put them as the virtuous, deserving protagonist.

A generation ago you would hear about people being too proud to accept charity. That self esteem was within, and innate, and charity was taken when there was no other choice to cross the proverbial hurdle.

I take bigger issue with the mindset than the laws. Let people act responsibly. Allow a period of time after pregnancy as a safety net to correct a bad decision. Allow people access to BC that contributes to good decision making. Have access to clinics that can diagnose a small issue early rather than a serious one later.

But lets not delude ourselves into thinking a late term abortion is a right. That going to a pharmacy and walking off with whatever you need without paying for it is a right. it is charity and it should be humbling, and the mindset should be to get to a point where you control your own destiny. This country was founded on the concept of personal freedom. That is precisely why its great.

I understand the politcal angle. That by calling an issue an american human right that is being neglected is a much stronger sell that saying we should boost charity because it is a morally good thing to do. But there are laws of intended consequences for lots of things and the mindset being engrained by this angle has lasting effects

Just saying :banana:

Chelsea Clinton: Legalizing Abortion Created Trillions in Economic Growth

It is not a disconnected fact … that American women entering the labor force from 1973 to 2009 added three and a half trillion dollars to our economy. … The net, new entrance of women — that is not disconnected from the fact that Roe became the law of the land in January of 1973.

So, I think, whatever it is that people say they care about, I think that you can connect to this issue. Of course, I would hope that they would care about our equal rights and dignity to make our own choices — but, if that is not sufficiently persuasive, hopefully, come some of these other arguments that you’ve expressed so beautifully, will be.

- Chelsea Clinton speaking at a Rise Up for Roe abortion rights campaign event

https://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/08/14/chelsea-clinton-legalizing-abortion-created-trillions-in-economic-growth/

Chelsea Clinton: Legalizing Abortion Created Trillions in Economic Growth

It is not a disconnected fact … that American women entering the labor force from 1973 to 2009 added three and a half trillion dollars to our economy. … The net, new entrance of women — that is not disconnected from the fact that Roe became the law of the land in January of 1973.

So, I think, whatever it is that people say they care about, I think that you can connect to this issue. Of course, I would hope that they would care about our equal rights and dignity to make our own choices — but, if that is not sufficiently persuasive, hopefully, come some of these other arguments that you’ve expressed so beautifully, will be.

- Chelsea Clinton speaking at a Rise Up for Roe abortion rights campaign event

https://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/08/14/chelsea-clinton-legalizing-abortion-created-trillions-in-economic-growth/

super cool! so killing one's baby allowed them to enter workforce and stimulated economy? :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Liz Warren said that two incomes are an economic trap. Wrote a book called "the two income trap" . Seems those two need to have a sit down.

Can't wait to see Chelsea's non-disconnected facts on the Clinton Foundation's economics.

Non-disconnected?

Abortion is fantastic and any talk about criminalizing it is delusional. Taking away places to give safe abortions just leads to more health risk, it doesn’t lead to less abortions.

Abortion is fantastic and any talk about criminalizing it is delusional. Taking away places to give safe abortions just leads to more health risk, it doesn’t lead to less abortions.

Too bad yours's wasn't successful. :bench:

Liberal males are always trying to portray masculenity. That's why many of them wear beards. It's not working though.

Why do conservatives sport beards?

Why do conservatives sport beards?

Same reason, but hipster liberals do it way more. You're not going to dispute that, are you? Males of all political persuasions, especially the younger ones, have had their masculinity surpressed . Liberals are more suspectable to it though.

Same reason, but hipster liberals do it way more. You're not going to dispute that, are you? Males of all political persuasions, especially the younger ones, have had their masculinity surpressed . Liberals are more suspectable to it though.

the liberalism is a byproduct of it, a symptom.

In a world of declining resources and global warming, abortion is just the responsible thing to do.

However, I'm also very much in favor of Jennercide.

You know how they say that guns don't kill people but that people kill people?

And then they say that black murderers are disproportionately higher both in a relative and absolute basis?

And in hi gun violence areas they have gun buyback programs?

And how abortion is super duper uber wrong?

What if we had like a black person buy back program?