Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

Undervalued WR's

Jamison Crowder is going 7-9th and there in my opinion is Mucho Valor at that point!

Let's throw in Jaron Brown of SEA. In the first quarter of the 2nd preseason game, Russell Wilson hit him for a 29 yarder and a 45 yarder. The only recent mention I see of him on the forum is that Kopy said he was a standout in the homer thread.

The 8/16 ADP on FFT's front page is showing Brown as undrafted.

Let's throw in Jaron Brown of SEA. In the first quarter of the 2nd preseason game, Russell Wilson hit him for a 29 yarder and a 45 yarder. The only recent mention I see of him on the forum is that Kopy said he was a standout in the homer thread.

The 8/16 ADP on FFT's front page is showing Brown as undrafted.

There are just too many damn receivers that have potential. Brown is why I let go of Baldwin as easily as I did, and why I am not too interested in Lockett

Speaking of Jaron Brown, his former teammate John Brown will be a late target of mine. He's always had the speed and skill set but has had to deal with injury and the sickle cell trait. He's had a great camp and according to beat writers, he and Flacco are connecting big time. Very first play of the game last night, Flacco takes a deep shot to Brown. There's a lot to like for the ADP.

John and Jaron Brown have always been camp warriors and duds in the regular season. I'll believe it when I see it.

Hogan- If I go zero wr in a draft, I'm targeting him as a potential WR1/2.

Crowder - should see plenty of volume, if he finds the end zone half a dozen times he'll put consistent WR2 numbers.

With all the Goodwin frenzy....I got Garcon in the 12th! Cam Meredith is going very late if he gets the NO #2 slot....

• Like 1

Alright... just like every year, I seem to have developed a man crush on Willie Snead... talk me out of it

Alright... just like every year, I seem to have developed a man crush on Willie Snead... talk me out of it

Didn't he catch like 2 passes last year from a better qb?

Didn't he catch like 2 passes last year from a better qb?

That'll do

• Like 3

With all the Goodwin frenzy....I got Garcon in the 12th! Cam Meredith is going very late if he gets the NO #2 slot....

This is very interesting as I initially had no interest in Garcon when he was ranked ahead and then as the summer went on was ranked near Goodwin. Now with all the hype around Goodwin, Garcon is dropping like crazy. However, he still has the coveted X role in the Shanahan offense and is a trusted WR by the coach. If he falls far enough and I don't get Goodwin, I think Garcon could provide good value.

Is Gallup going to be something in Dallas? Someone has to emerge there, right?

Time to add another one fellers.....not only undervalued, but the definition of a "super sleeper" also.

Jake Kumerow - GB

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robreischel/2018/08/18/packer-nation-is-buzzing-about-jake-kumerow/#2c185b6f4059

Yes I was touting Jmon Moore and that seems to be wrong. At least for this year.

He has no problem getting open and has shown how athletic he is. But he has dropped some balls. Not sure if Rodgers can trust him this year. Still like him in dynasty formats.

Kumerow has really made an impression and would bet he cones out as the 4th WR to start the season. I heard early reports but figured it was all camp talk and a guy who was 26 or 27 who never made it furthwr than PS would fizzle out. He seems here to stay and will easily make the roster.

There are just too many damn receivers that have potential...

THIS is why it makes sense to go RB-RB this year. Maybe even 3 RBs in the first 5 picks. The number of value WRs available in the middle rounds seems a lot greater than past seasons. This thread makes that clear.

This is very interesting as I initially had no interest in Garcon when he was ranked ahead and then as the summer went on was ranked near Goodwin. Now with all the hype around Goodwin, Garcon is dropping like crazy. However, he still has the coveted X role in the Shanahan offense and is a trusted WR by the coach. If he falls far enough and I don't get Goodwin, I think Garcon could provide good value.

He was on a good pace last year with worse QB play.

Does anyone believe in Jordy this year? I am loving him as a later round receiver. If I only have 2 receivers going into the 8th/9th round, He is a guy that I am willing to gamble on in that spot. I have zero faith in Cooper, and someone has to get targets, especially in the redzone.

Does anyone believe in Jordy this year? I am loving him as a later round receiver. If I only have 2 receivers going into the 8th/9th round, He is a guy that I am willing to gamble on in that spot. I have zero faith in Cooper, and someone has to get targets, especially in the redzone.

I'm bullish on Jordy this year for sure. He'd love to show GB they bailed out too soon. Landing him in the 8/9 area as a #3 WR would be a steal. And the best part - Gruden loves this guy and thinks he's a real football player. :banana:

John Brown will be a late target of mine. He's always had the speed and skill set but has had to deal with injury and the sickle cell trait. He's had a great camp and according to beat writers, he and Flacco are connecting big time.

Warming up to the idea of John Brown being a very undervalued and serviceable WR, with legitimate upside. He apparently is finally healthy and camp reports have been glowing. Crabs will get the top corner, and Flacco has the arm to throw him open deep.

With Kumerow on IR, I'm gonna hold Brown for a few weeks and see what happens.....heck, may even start him as my WR3 this week.

Warming up to the idea of John Brown being a very undervalued and serviceable WR, with legitimate upside. He apparently is finally healthy and camp reports have been glowing. Crabs will get the top corner, and Flacco has the arm to throw him open deep.

With Kumerow on IR, I'm gonna hold Brown for a few weeks and see what happens.....heck, may even start him as my WR3 this week.

At the moment, I'm starting him over Josh Gordon as my WR3

9er fan here

One of the 9er announcers ex player with team access, breaks down some of the xs and os and tendencies every week. very high on Garçon, states Jg quick release ability to place ball on short and intermediate routes and Garçon route running will match up very very well.

Riley McCarron. Wes Welker coached this former Hawkeye down on the practice squad for the Texans. When Riley was cut he passed the word to the Patriots that he was pretty good. Riley has some Welker in him. Long shot but why not, Pats dont have many rostered. More deeeep sleeper rather than undervalued WR so pry wrong thread, but hey........

quincy enunwa

Yup...one of my originals from 1st post.

Talent is there....just need some QB play.

Riley McCarron. Wes Welker coached this former Hawkeye down on the practice squad for the Texans. When Riley was cut he passed the word to the Patriots that he was pretty good. Riley has some Welker in him. Long shot but why not, Pats dont have many rostered. More deeeep sleeper rather than undervalued WR so pry wrong thread, but hey........

I watched him his entire college career, and I'd be very surprised

I'm bullish on Jordy this year for sure. He'd love to show GB they bailed out too soon. Landing him in the 8/9 area as a #3 WR would be a steal. And the best part - Gruden loves this guy and thinks he's a real football player. :banana:

i went rb, rb, rb in my high stakes 12 team ppr league....so i was scrapping for value receivers(we must start 4 receivers, 2 rbs and a flex...no mando TE as they are considered receivers) i ended up with jorday as my wr4 in the 7th......im really hoping he can turn back the clock just a little bit.....not loving his week 1 matchup but hope maybe for some garbage time production....

i went rb, rb, rb in my high stakes 12 team ppr league....so i was scrapping for value receivers(we must start 4 receivers, 2 rbs and a flex...no mando TE as they are considered receivers) i ended up with jorday as my wr4 in the 7th......im really hoping he can turn back the clock just a little bit.....not loving his week 1 matchup but hope maybe for some garbage time production....

Yeah his week 1 matchup is not good at all. I would be really hard pressed to go rb the first 3 rounds in a 12 team ppr, especially when you start 4 receivers.

Not reading this whole thread, but what are thoughts on Moncrief?

If he can stay healthy, I like him a lot... seems like the WR most likely to get RZ targets, and IMO a potential breakout candidate. Unfortunately it's hard to gage his previous years' production when he and Luck were actually healthy... that and healthy luck>bortles.

I will say, the last few years, the WR1 in Jax has been a surprise at the end of the season.

• Like 1

Yeah his week 1 matchup is not good at all. I would be really hard pressed to go rb the first 3 rounds in a 12 team ppr, especially when you start 4 receivers.

highest scoring team in the league last year did it(he ended up out of the money and i finished in it lol)....his team went down the tubes late when zeke had to serve....but i liked the model he used and did something similar....

i see guys like diggs and tyreek going in the late 2nd to third(in our league lthis year the guy that picked 2nd overall went with diggs/hill at his 2/3 back to back) and i just think its overvaluation.....i got guys at 47 and 51 i feel can put up similar numbers to what those guys have shown us.......i know people are expecting hill and diggs to have an uptick....im just not so positive those guys will do a heck of alot better than what theyve shown

highest scoring team in the league last year did it(he ended up out of the money and i finished in it lol)....his team went down the tubes late when zeke had to serve....but i liked the model he used and did something similar....

i see guys like diggs and tyreek going in the late 2nd to third(in our league lthis year the guy that picked 2nd overall went with diggs/hill at his 2/3 back to back) and i just think its overvaluation.....i got guys at 47 and 51 i feel can put up similar numbers to what those guys have shown us.......i know people are expecting hill and diggs to have an uptick....im just not so positive those guys will do a heck of alot better than what theyve shown

I agree about Diggs, I think Hill is going to have a special year. My model on any team I drafted was getting Hill with one of my first 3 picks. A guy who can produce like a top 5 receiver, and he finally has a QB who isn't afraid to throw deep, plus he can, can only mean good things for fantasy. Plus it seems Mahomes only has eyes for Hill thus far. Hill is going to shock the shlt out of everyone who didn't jump on. I bet Hill is a 1st rounder next year. Besides Hill though, I like taking a shot on receivers in the 4th and later. Tons of great value.

I agree about Diggs, I think Hill is going to have a special year. My model on any team I drafted was getting Hill with one of my first 3 picks. A guy who can produce like a top 5 receiver, and he finally has a QB who isn't afraid to throw deep, plus he can, can only mean good things for fantasy. Plus it seems Mahomes only has eyes for Hill thus far. Hill is going to shock the shlt out of everyone who didn't jump on. I bet Hill is a 1st rounder next year. Besides Hill though, I like taking a shot on receivers in the 4th and later. Tons of great value.

i picked #1 overall....so when i got to my 2nd im picking 23rd and then 26th in the 3rd....

so when i picked at 23 all of the true #1's were gone.......i dont look at diggs as a true #1......i do agree with you that hill could be one of those guys that doesnt appear to be one but might end up putting those numbers up..i just dont see it personally( but i love discussing projections, values, ideas on FF with people like yourself) so i went and got me a couple of rbs that i liked( can flex one and have an extra guy in case someone gets banged up)......even starting 4 receivers in this league(with the potential to start 5) i just think theres always a guy or two that will provide something good from the WW....or some value TE thats not rostered who will be a serviceable #4

i know opinions vary on guys like hogan and juju....but i got them in the 4th and 5th and i think that they could do what diggs and hill are going to....of course neither them have the upside that diggs or hill do....

I've been forced to go through this exercise in one league and this is the list I have come up with:

• John Brown
  • Geronimo Allison
  • Phillip Dorsett
  • Cordarelle Patterson
  • Chris Godwin

Jermaine Kearse has been available in round 20 of 3 FFPC sattelite leagues I've drafted in.

This, Pryor and a rookie QB are the reason I'm shaky on Robby Amderson.

I like Crowder with Smith more than Doc.

Have to pick one of the Skins WRs and I think it's Crowder to be the guy, along with Reed at TE of course.

Richardson is promising but Al Smith just never produces that much. He may be a WW flex play at some point this year though, they invested a lot in him.

Just curious. Is Ryan Grant only appearing in this thread twice because he's getting drafted earlier in everyone's leagues, or is no one else thinking that a healthy (and that's a question mark) Luck's #2 WR could be worth something pretty good? He seemed to turn it on last year (his 4th year), and is moving to a much more pass-oriented offense, where he seems to be the clear #2. Hilton is a big play guy, so a reliable possession receiver could do some WR3 damage here.

Just curious. Is Ryan Grant only appearing in this thread twice because he's getting drafted earlier in everyone's leagues, or is no one else thinking that a healthy (and that's a question mark) Luck's #2 WR could be worth something pretty good?

Nah, I determined that he had one lucky year, and wasn't really that good of running back while at GB.

JK.....Grant is a fine flier, but I think some feel that Chester Rodgers could step into that #2 role.