Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Worst band ever?

Some of the comments are hilarious.

Fan of Tosh.0 i see....hah.

Great video though......really only have to listen to about 10 seconds and its brutal.

Fan of Tosh.0 i see....hah.

Great video though......really only have to listen to about 10 seconds and its brutal.

I do like Tosh, but he's not in HD so I don't watch.

I saw this 1st at barstoolsports boston

Looks like they just finished a roofing job and rushed over to their gig. Blue collar schmucks are so awesome. Who needs college, when you can pour concrete, wear acid wash jeans, Oakley sunglasses, and play in a horrible band with your other Keystone Ice drinking buddies.

:music_guitarred: oops, sorry. Wrong board. :music_guitarred:

Beautiful. The mixture of shame, fear and humiliation on their faces works so brilliantly as a counter point to the song.

:first:

Watching a minute of that made me want to punch a puppy in the face. :wall:

How do you know your band is horrible?

When you have to put up a 20 foot sign that says "music" behind you.

EDIT: Crap someone in the youtube comments beat me to it.

In that case i will go with option #2:

Man i havent seen anything butchered that badly since Bob Crane died.

Is that Newbie?

:lol: First thing I thought when I started watching this.

My babysitters won't let me watch the video, but I assume they must be playing 90s music.

My babysitters won't let me watch the video, but I assume they must be playing 90s music.

Actually, they're playing "Comfortably Numb" by Pink Floyd. It makes me sad. :(

Actually, they're playing "Comfortably Numb" by Pink Floyd. It makes me sad. :(

That makes sense.

When I think about it, I don't know if my ears can differentiate between 90s music that is played well and 90s music played poorly.

Looks like they just finished a roofing job and rushed over to their gig. Blue collar schmucks are so awesome. Who needs college, when you can pour concrete, wear acid wash jeans, Oakley sunglasses, and play in a horrible band with your other Keystone Ice drinking buddies.

Top Notch :thumbsup:

How much do you want to bet that at some point that night, one of the band members (probably the drummer) ended up focking one of those pumpkins in the parking lot?

Let me get this straight, you're calling blue caller workers schmucks ?

Seriously ?.....

YouTube isn't working so hot on my iPhone and I can honestly say I've never been so fortunate. :thumbsup:

hahaha....holy fvck. :lol: :first:

sux :mad: :nono:

Let me get this straight, you're calling blue caller workers schmucks ?

Seriously ?.....

I think he was calling them "blue collar schmucks," not calling all blue collar guys schmucks.

internet classic!

I personally love bad bands, theater, etc.

Any 80s band qualifies for the worst band ever.

enjoy your last day on earth, you will die in your sleep tonight :mad:

man..i seen this a hundred times and still just almost pissed myself. so good.

i like how the guitarist still has on his clip-on tuner. his solo kills me :doublethumbsup:

• Like 1

enjoy your last day on earth, you will die in your sleep tonight :mad:

Ironically, he was conceived to Whams "Like a Baby".

They actually get applause at the end

I thought it had to be wives and gfs, but you can clearly here a retarded dude say yay.

Hey! This blue collar schmuck dresses himself quite adequate enough to not look like a slob.

Porkbutt ;)

Nickleback is the worst band over. They single handily destroyed rock.

is that what you heard someone say? :sleep:

ingenuous, dumb and lazy.

Bands for generations have been popular and accused of "ruining rock"

NB is hardly the worst

http://www.vh1.com/news/211835/why-do-people-hate-nickelback/

(2015)

Why Do People Hate Nickelback So Darn Much?
The Internet will crucify me for saying this, but here it goes: I actually liked Nickelback once upon a time. When I indulged in the occasional rock fare—I’m now a pretty strict pop dude—I enjoyed the band’s catchy (yet wail-filled) All the Right Reasons (2005) album. (The LP turns 10 years old today.) “Photograph” is cute—perhaps a tad cheesy. “Savin’ Me” makes for great driving music. And, hell, “Far Away” has some beautiful lyrics.
But for whatever reason, the Web loves to hate on Chad Kroeger and company. Every friend I polled about Nickelback expressed hate for the band but couldn’t give me an exact reason why. Some blame the group’s generic rock sound. Others say their lyrics suck. Some just detest Chad’s Ramen noodles-esque hair. (OK, I sort of understand that last argument.)
Is there a clear answer here? If you Google, “Why do people hate Nickelback?” several responses pop up, but do any of them hold water? Let’s go through the three main gripes with the band, and you can make up your own minds in the comments below. (Please note: These reasons don’t reflect the VH1 staff’s opinions, but what we saw frequently on the Internet in Nickelback forums.)
All of their songs sound the same.
There is definitely some merit to this complaint. If you listen to Nickelback’s All the Right Reasons LP from start to finish, the tracks do start to sound similar. Repetitive chord progressions mixed with lyrics with recurring themes—sex, love and turning up—make for a déjà vu-as-hell listen. There’s only so many generic guitar solos you can take in one sitting. The Daily Dot writer Nico Lang put it best when he wrote, “Although the band has never been good, listening to their early LPs is actively difficult, simply because it’s so hard to tell the songs apart. Having listened to each of the aforementioned records twice, I couldn’t name one song from them, even with a gun to my head.” Damn. Those are some high stakes.
Chad Kroeger makes you feel uncomfortable.
Maybe it’s the way he croons “Animallllllls!” in the overtly misogynistic tune “Animals” or his hair that resembles a drunken college treat more than actual—ya know—hair, but Chad definitely doesn’t sit well with humans. His patchwork facial hair is a little unsettling, but is that really a reason to declare World War III on Nickelback? ThoughtCatalog’s Karisa Tell went in on Chad’s looks, writing, “His goatee looks like even it’s embarrassed to be stuck to his chin, and his mustache is in second place for worst facial hair ever (trailing slightly behind his goatee). His hair, reminiscent of terrible 90s perm/bleach combos, billows salaciously at the slightest breeze.” However, is Chad’s diabolical goatee really the main source of Nickelback hatred? Let him and his hair patches live. (It’s also important to note sometimes he has no facial hair, so this troll-ass reason is invalid.)
Their success is borderline annoying.
All the Right Reasons sold 8 million copies in the United States alone and reached No.1 on the Billboard 200. They’ve pushed 50 million albums worldwide and continue to pack arenas for their concerts. Nickelback is perhaps the band with the largest disparity between commercial and critical success. Their music sells like hotcakes but doesn’t make any year-end lists. “We’ve never really been a critics’ darling or anything like that,” Chad told Billboard in 2011. “The people speak. We sell a lot of records and fill a lot of arenas, and we don’t hear many complaints.” That was four years ago, and it seems the people are complaining now. Could it be we’re annoyed a band not that original or talented enjoys such copious splendor? It’s a viable (albeit salty) reason.

what is your reason for hating them so much? other people say it?

Porkbutt ;)

ha ha....JERK!

"It was performed by a band at a local music store during a breast cancer awareness show" - to showcase that there are worse things than breast cancer?

is that what you heard someone say? :sleep:

ingenuous, dumb and lazy.

Bands for generations have been popular and accused of "ruining rock"

NB is hardly the worst

http://www.vh1.com/news/211835/why-do-people-hate-nickelback/

(2015)

what is your reason for hating them so much? other people say it?

My reason for hating them is they were the most popular sh!tty rock band when I was in my teens. Sorry I wasn't born in 1980 otherwise I would be talking about Def Leopard, who is another g@y band. Nickleback is the most cliche, most overplayed, most untalented and you can literally hear the 'this was suppose to appeal to the masses and just be catchy" in every verse and chorus. If you like them even in the slightest it says a lot about your taste in music.

:lol:

They did play instruments, so they are definitely a band.

Not sure they really were Rock though, I wouldn't consider NB rock either.

All I know is that Chad Kroeger got to have Avril and I love me some Avril, or used to at least.

and Photograph hits me in the good parts.

They did play instruments, so they are definitely a band.

Not sure they really were Rock though, I wouldn't consider NB rock either.

All I know is that Chad Kroeger got to have Avril and I love me some Avril, or used to at least.

and Photograph hits me in the good parts.

Weren't you defending one of your sources a few weeks ago that stated Kurt Cobain was a top 10 guitarist of all time? Influential? Yeah. Top 10 talent? Fock no. Yeah sorry but you just aren't credible anymore.