Sign in to follow this  
snatchit

LOL, NFL players are so sensitive

We have to be very careful not to hurt thier feelings. Inmates running the prison is just a term. They need to quit being such p...ys. Thanks Obama

I would agree.

I found it interesting that the owner first of all said it, which we all know what's in the heart comes out of the mouth, so it's how he feels.

But then I saw that Hopkins walked out and others though about doing the same thing.

Devas.

It was a bad foot in mouth situation and the owner did say he was sorry for it, but now comes the over reaction from the deva nation.

It's a interesting situation.

Almost as sensitive as all the crybabies who won't watch a game they like because some other people aren't standing up for a song about a flag.

• Like 5

We have to be very careful not to hurt thier feelings. Inmates running the prison is just a term. They need to quit being such p...ys. Thanks Obama

Yeah! They should be more thick-skinned like Trump.

• Like 2

I would agree.

I haven't watched a full game of any kind in any sport in a long time, about ten years now

Simply find the product of the field of court boring.

Now playoff hockey is still really good.

But not to watch for players taking a knee for the anthem,and you like that game is a deva move.

Seriously. I said to someone at work once that there too many chiefs and not enough indians. Im suprised now that I didnt get thrown in prison for that. Thank God I didnt say that aweful saying "too many cooks spoil the soup." Yikes!! That would have gottem me put to death.

And by the way, who was offended by his words? The left is disgusting with their accusatory tactics. Its now time for coddled children to live at home until they are 30 and only then they can be considered adults.

• Like 2

Seriously. I said to someone at work once that there too many chiefs and not enough indians. Im suprised now that I didnt get thrown in prison for that. Thank God I didnt say that aweful saying "too many cooks spoil the soup." Yikes!! That would have gottem me put to death.

And by the way, who was offended by his words? The left is disgusting with their accusatory tactics. Its now time for coddled children to live at home until they are 30 and only then they can be considered adults.

LOL. It's amazing how you know the political affiliations of all the players who were offended. Do you have spy cams in the voting booths? 'The left'. LOL.

Pure intellectual laziness to turn this issue into one where you accuse your political opponents.

• Like 1

LOL. It's amazing how you know the political affiliations of all the players who were offended. Do you have spy cams in the voting booths? 'The left'. LOL.

Pure intellectual laziness to turn this issue into one where you accuse your political opponents.

Just asking who was offended.

Angelina Jolies 11 year old kid is now going through "gender transition" treatments because angelina and brad noticed she likes to dress less like a girl. Dont anyone dare to say to them that maybe the kid is a typical tomboy. I knew dozens of girls like that when i was younger and know many adults now that considered themselves tomboys at an early age. They like being women now all grown up.

Where is the outrage in having an 11 year old go through this? But no, lets focus on an old saying that everyoone knows is not meant literally.

Oh and by the way, it just so happens their other younger daughter likes to be made up like a boy even though she liked dressing like a girl earlier on. Just saying the focus of this country is nuts now after the past 8 years.

• Like 1

The left is disgusting with their accusatory tactics. Its now time for coddled children to live at home until they are 30 and only then they can be considered adults.

Just asking who was offended.

No, that's not just what you were doing. You were trying to turn the discussion into one where you could attack your political opponents, where you could once again try to state that people who disagree with you are stupid and can't possibly have valid points.

• Like 1

Now Seafoam is co-parenting with Brad and Angelina.

The way people pay attention to celebrities these days is really sad. It's strange how so many people know more about Angelina Jolie's life than they maybe do about their own cousins. That's the way society is going--it's all about the surface appearances, fame and celebrity, glitz and glam. America's Next Top Whatever. Yay.

No, that's not just what you were doing. You were trying to turn the discussion into one where you could attack your political opponents, where you could once again try to state that people who disagree with you are stupid and can't possibly have valid points.

favorite fantasy thread is starts, sits, sleepers and liberals are Satan

Nope. Ill remove the politics from here on. Good point by you. I just saw previous points alluding that direction. So that was more for them and not you.

Ok. I just think the sensitivity is out of hand by whomever is hurt by his statement while 11 year old kids are seduced by adults into life changing therapies.

The way people pay attention to celebrities these days is really sad. It's strange how so many people know more about Angelina Jolie's life than they maybe do about their own cousins. That's the way society is going--it's all about the surface appearances, fame and celebrity, glitz and glam. America's Next Top Whatever. Yay.

Strict diet of Fox News and The National Enquierer.

They love a Hollywood boogeyman

• Like 1

Nope. Ill remove the politics from here on. Good point by you. I just saw previous points alluding that direction. So ghat was more for them.

Ok. I just think the sensitivity is out of hand by whomever is hurt by his statement while 11 year old kids are seduced by adults into life changing therapies.

Thank you. I've just become really irritated by the immediate turn to 'libs' and 'left' and 'right' and all that crap anytime someone talks about something social. If someone really isn't intelligent enough to accept that their political opponents might have some valid arguments, I guess I'd rather not hear their opinions. (Not saying you're one of those people--that's why I get irritated by that kind of talk, I know you're smarter than that.) Everyone who disagrees with me politically is not stupid--I'm not sure why more people don't also believe that.

And fair point about the 'previous posts' issue. The Trump one was funny, I thought, so I gave it an emoji. Maybe that added to the issue itself, so I apologize myself. (I mostly thought it was funny--it seems that there are things about Trump that even Republicans can see are funny. The dude is really, really thin-skinned, after all. Whether or not you agree with his politics. Shrugging off insults is something the man has never been able to do.)

(For the record, I disagree that kids are automatically being 'seduced by adults' in those situations, but that's an entirely different issue :) A number of the trans people I know have said that they knew something was different at very young ages, and their parents were not playing a part in that. Some had parents who were horrified and opposed to it, in fact. I'm firmly of the opinion that gender identity is not a 'choice' that people make. But this thread isn't about that :))

Thank you. I've just become really irritated by the immediate turn to 'libs' and 'left' and 'right' and all that crap anytime someone talks about something social. If someone really isn't intelligent enough to accept that their political opponents might have some valid arguments, I guess I'd rather not hear their opinions. (Not saying you're one of those people--that's why I get irritated by that kind of talk, I know you're smarter than that.) Everyone who disagrees with me politically is not stupid--I'm not sure why more people don't also believe that.

(For the record, I disagree that kids are automatically being 'seduced by adults' in those situations, but that's an entirely different issue :) A number of the trans people I know have said that they knew something was different at very young ages, and their parents were not playing a part in that. Some had parents who were horrified and opposed to it, in fact. I'm firmly of the opinion that gender identity is not a 'choice' that people make. But this thread isn't about that :))

Same thoughts on this side as on your opinions for the most part but the person should figure things out on their own when they actually have gone through "physical coming of age". Wrong thread like you said but it tells the story of what is happening here when statements like "dont let the inmates run the prison" or asylum or whatever he said gets to the point that he had to make a public apology. There is something wrong here.

Almost as sensitive as all the crybabies who won't watch a game they like because some other people aren't standing up for a song about a flag.

That is one of the funny parts about all of this. Same with the fans in the stands who boo kneeling/sitting players during the national anthem. Its subjective whether kneeling is disrespectful but theres no doubt that booing is disrespectful. They are ruining the enjoyment of the national anthem for everyone around them (its a song so you need to be able to hear it) yet they claim that it is a sacred ritual. Their hypocrisy is glaring.

Same thoughts on this side as on your opinions for the most part but the person should figure things out on their own when they actually have gone through "physical coming of age". Wrong thread like you said but it tells the story of what is happening here when statements like "dont let the inmates run the prison" or asylum or whatever he said gets to the point that he had to make a public apology. There is something wrong here.

Why does him having to make an apology mean there is something wrong?

Here is a quick explanation of how I see it. (I shouldn't be spending so much time here today, I have a ton of work to do! :))

Words have incredible power. Words have been used to help subjugate and dominate people throughout history. They are used to help label people to make it easier to dismiss their opinions, or their places in society. For a similar example, it was very common prior to the late last century that racists and people opposed to desegregation would use words like 'monkey' and 'ape' to refer to African Americans. It wasn't harmless, just 'calling names'. It was a way to get others to dismiss them as somehow less human, less important. And it works, because words have power. The little nursery rhyme 'sticks and stones' exists to try to find a way to convince kids that they shouldn't feel bad or worry when people call them names--that the song exists is evidence that people do respond to the words we use and the labels we put on people.

The same thing happens when people on both sides of politics refer to the other side as 'elitists'. People on the right generally use that word for people on the left because of the perception that people on the left are more educated (less blue-collar) and supposedly believe themselves to be superior. People on the left use that same word for people on the right because of the perception that the right is run by the 1% rich elite. And using those words works. Plenty of people in this country will actually sneer at you these days if you have a college degree. And plenty of other people will sneer at you if you make lots of money. And those words have helped encourage that behavior.

So when a white guy in Texas, who is the employer of a large number of black guys, uses language that refers to his black employees as criminals--that has a history. Whether he meant it or not, it is a common thread among racists that blacks are more violent, more prone to crime, less intelligent, etc. Referring to blacks as 'thugs' and 'criminals' is heavily, heavily steeped in the history of racism. And people have been hurt, disadvantaged, by that kind of language for generations.

So that's what people are upset about. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt and say he doesn't really have that kind of perception of his players. He still used language that is recognized by the people it has been used against as being the language of racism and oppression. And so people are upset about that.

Now you can say that he didn't mean it, and maybe he didn't. But what I don't see is why it's bad that people are no longer putting up with careless, harmful language. Words aren't meaningless. It's not true that words have no effect on our behavior. No one is saying we should criminalize those words, no one is suggesting taking away any of his rights to say things. They are just saying that words, throughout history, have been recognized as things that people can and sometimes should be upset about.

I mean, think about it--you're saying that it's 'wrong' that he should have to apologize for words he said, while plenty of other people are saying that players should be apologizing for simply not standing during a song. Why does it 'make sense' for some people to be upset about kneeling, but it doesn't make sense for others to be upset about the words someone uses?

And fair point about the 'previous posts' issue. The Trump one was funny, I thought, so I gave it an emoji. Maybe that added to the issue itself, so I apologize myself. (I mostly thought it was funny--it seems that there are things about Trump that even Republicans can see are funny. The dude is really, really thin-skinned, after all. Whether or not you agree with his politics. Shrugging off insults is something the man has never been able to do.)

I'm not a republican or democrat, I consider myself to be pretty close to center, I lean towards conservatism regarding fiscal issues, but I am definitely much more liberal and accepting on social issues, live and let live is my motto. I thought the Trump comment was hilarious. I do feel people are being way to sensitive regarding what McNair said. It was an expression, (the term snowflakes comes to mind, but I'm trying to be non offensive here) Logical people on either political side, black or white, or brown, or green, or blue understand that he wasn't actually calling the players inmates, He was simply saying that he can't let the employees run the company. It's smart business, the underlings can't rule the roost.

• Like 1

I'm not a republican or democrat, I consider myself to be pretty close to center, I lean towards conservatism regarding fiscal issues, but I am definitely much more liberal and accepting on social issues, live and let live is my motto. I thought the Trump comment was hilarious. I do feel people are being way to sensitive regarding what McNair said. It was an expression, (the term snowflakes comes to mind, but I'm trying to be non offensive here) Logical people on either political side, black or white, or brown, or green, or blue understand that he wasn't actually calling the players inmates, He was simply saying that he can't let the employees run the company. It's smart business, the underlings can't rule the roost.

Lets face it, the last President told the black community that they are victims. It hasn't been the same since. I am about to just watch college football. That's funny coming from a black person holding the highest office, along with Holder. I cant even talk smack in my 25 yr league anymore, everyone gets offended. Its out of control. Men are becoming wussafied

Lets face it, the last President told the black community that they are victims. It hasn't been the same since. I am about to just watch college football. That's funny coming from a black person holding the highest office, along with Holder. I cant even talk smack in my 25 yr league anymore, everyone gets offended. Its out of control. Men are becoming wussafied

When exactly did Obama say that? Or did you just not like having a black president?

When exactly did Obama say that? Or did you just not like having a black president?

omg, that is what I am talking about. People like you. He said it plenty, and my feelings have nothing to do with him being black. Get a grip dude. Are you one of those pathetic white people marching with the most racist group Black Lives Matter ? Those people are clueless, the very people they are marching with, hate white people for the most part. Anyways back to football. This is why I rarely open my mouth about this stuff

• Like 2

Only thing I can say about politics is this-when you have 3 late night talk show hosts make fun daily of the clown some call our president, that about says enough of it right there.

omg, that is what I am talking about. People like you. He said it plenty, and my feelings have nothing to do with him being black. Get a grip dude. Are you one of those pathetic white people marching with the most racist group Black Lives Matter ? Those people are clueless, the very people they are marching with, hate white people for the most part. Anyways back to football. This is why I rarely open my mouth about this stuff

BLM - another faux boogeyman

"Rarely posting about this stuff" would be a good idea for you.

• Like 1

You think NFL players are sensitive. People here get mad and upset over a fantasy game. In the most literal sense, a imaginary game!

For the NFL players, at least their work place. I want my work place to be pleasant. Here, it's all in our head, people will get emotionally charged over $50! The most emotional intelligent waste land have to be sport fans.

Any whiteys, on the team, complain. Just curious as there are white people in prison. Or were they man enough to just laugh it off like they would if it was 15 + years ago.

Any whiteys, on the team, complain. Just curious as there are white people in prison. Or were they man enough to just laugh it off like they would if it was 15 + years ago.

Sure there are, yet we have to watch one after another other from black players and show host about it. All I am saying is STF its no big deal. This isn't about all of them, its just the winey babys crying for social injustice all the time.... they look for it and jump on it.

Strict diet of Fox News and The National Enquierer.

They love a Hollywood boogeyman

What about the football commentator boogieman. Strict diet of what?

You think NFL players are sensitive. People here get mad and upset over a fantasy game. In the most literal sense, a imaginary game!

For the NFL players, at least their work place. I want my work place to be pleasant. Here, it's all in our head, people will get emotionally charged over $50! The most emotional intelligent waste land have to be sport fans.

Well, I don't get emotionally charged about $50. And I am also not asking someone to apologize to the public for what was said..

They don't even have to laugh it off. It's a valid statement when talking about any organization. It has no race affiliation on business structure approach. It's only the racists that call this a racist statement.

And you are asking the right question. Who the heck is so offended by this? I guarantee that every person against me on this topic is stuck on race issues even though i don't speak of race at all.

They are the racists.

• Like 1

Only thing I can say about politics is this-when you have 3 late night talk show hosts make fun daily of the clown some call our president, that about says enough of it right there.

Yeah. Because the people who are clowns for a living know what is going on. Those 3 late night talk show host clowns appeal to people who are stuck on television comedy bits to educate them. Appeal to the people who buy it up is what motivates late night talk show hosts content and people like you to trust their education in them.

Hence you comment, "Only thing I can say about politics is this..."

This is not an imaginary game! Just saying.

Why does him having to make an apology mean there is something wrong?

Words have incredible power. Words have been used to help subjugate and dominate people throughout history.

So when a white guy in Texas, who is the employer of a large number of black guys, uses language that refers to his black employees as criminals--that has a history. Whether he meant it or not, it is a common thread among racists that blacks are more violent, more prone to crime, less intelligent, etc. Referring to blacks as 'thugs' and 'criminals' is heavily, heavily steeped in the history of racism. And people have been hurt, disadvantaged, by that kind of language for generations.

I mean, think about it--you're saying that it's 'wrong' that he should have to apologize for words he said, while plenty of other people are saying that players should be apologizing for simply not standing during a song.

There is nothing wrong. So no apology needed. The statement was not a bad thing to say and did not point out race but rather a mishandled league leadership in his opinion. It's like if someone says Microsoft is unscrupulous. They should not have to publicly apologize.

How did a black guy in this case put anyone down?

I never speak of a group of people when I speak of one person. If I refer to a black person as a thug, it's because I believe he is one. No one else is being talked about. Only problem is that many black folks take it like i am calling them one. I know some white folks that I think are thugs. I don't think I am.

I don't think he should have to apologize and I don't think the players have to apologize publicly. I just don't agree with them with that issue. At all.

Well, I don't get emotionally charged about $50. And I am also not asking someone to apologize to the public for what was said..

$50? What a waste of time...........................

Pulling the race card when/where it is not really needed just lessens the effect for others who really need it-and very selfish on the former's part..................also, when a cop yells HALT, be smart enough to stop whatever you're doing. 'Nuff said.