Sign in to follow this  
SUXBNME

Most over rated musicians

Bruce Springsteen.

Bono. For some reason everyone wants to suck his peemus. I don't get it.

Bono. For some reason everyone wants to suck his peemus. I don't get it.

I loved me some early U2, but now a days, he can suck a herpes sore.

Also, the edge is a sub par guitarist.

Anthony kiedis, elvis costello, iggy pop, almost every lead singer of an 80's hair band, henry rollins, any of the singers in kiss.

No

And

No

As in they're not over rated, or you don't like either one? :headscratch:

Not over rated imo, but they are two of my favs. Springsteen tells stories in his songs that compare to the likes of cash and dylan. Great stuff. As far as cobain, well he only helped change the landscape of the style of music at the time. Completely helped kill hair bands...thank god.

Not over rated imo, but they are two of my favs. Springsteen tells stories in his songs that compare to the likes of cash and dylan. Great stuff. As far as cobain, well he only helped change the landscape of the style of music at the time. Completely helped kill hair bands...thank god.

I can't believe that I consider you a frined. :mad:

Bunny and I are gonna come over soon and punch you in the face.

Twice

I can't believe that I consider you a frined. :mad:

Bunny and I are gonna come over soon and punch you in the face.

Twice

Hey! I can't stand your music, but you don't see me getting violent!!!

Bruce Springsteen is no Johnny Cash. :nono:

Why do you hate America? :(

I don't.

Dylan, Springsteen, cash....suck it. Cash is to country to put ahead, but I still enjoy his stuff.

On the R & B side, I would say Prince.

Dude .... Ozzy wins this hands down. Let's go back in time, all the way to Bark at The Moon. Was anybody really taking him seriously then? Or since? He's a joke. He never really had much talent to begin with, he just sold his soul to the devil, or whatever. Ghey.

Cobain brought punk rock to the masses. You are talking about Nirvana being an integral shift, for rock and roll. It wasn't just the grunge scene out of the Northwest which includes a lot of other bands. It changed music forever. The "grunge" movement that came out of Seattle was combined with punk rock lyrics. And we can look back now ... over 2 decades and judge what Cobain did in 3 years vs. what Ozzy did in 40. Cobain still wins.

Was part of Cobain's depression based on how his band commercialized punk rock? I dunno. I don't care, it was good music, and I enjoyed it.

I love you sux, but you are such a tarded redneck when it comes to rock and roll. You can hate him, that's fine ... Better than Ozzy these days.

I have disagreed with every name brought up in this thread, but this is the first one that i felt the need to respond to. Prince is arguably the most talented songwriter/musician/singer of our lifetime. If you had said "on the acting side..."

I always thought Def Leopard was incredibly overrated. It's all crap after Pyromania.

I can understand why people call them overrated, but I dont mind Def Leppard actually, probably just their popularity at the right time in my life... but they are the answer to the classic trivia question:

What has nine arms and sucks?

I have disagreed with every name brought up in this thread, but this is the first one that i felt the need to respond to. Prince is arguably the most talented songwriter/musician/singer of our lifetime. If you had said "on the acting side..."

Totally repspect that line. I am not even gay, and I would suck Princes calk.

I don't particularly like his music either ...but for the rest of my life, I would be able to say, in all honesty, "I sucked Prince's peemis once." and really hot chicks, would find that sexy.

In our generation, Prince, Cobain, Bono, whoever ... the biggest joke, fluff piece of shiat sell out?

Uhhh ... I'm gonna say Ozzy. You can stick with Cobain if you want, but the correct answer is Ozzy.

:sarchasm: This was so groundbreaking! :sarchasm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44DqUFS2W3Q

I also agree that Def Lepard sucked, even when their drummer had 2 arms but Ozzy, was the first sell out. His music has sucked for over 30 years now, and it;s just sad. He's like Paris Hilton with a speech impediment.

Old Sabbath was something I respected ... but Ozzy as a solo artist? Doesn't get much worse.

I wouldn't even give him a handjob. Unless he paid me a significant amount of money. In cash, up front.

Then I totally would. That'd be a weird conversation, though. And, I probably wouldn't brag about it afterwards.

You misread the thread title. People are listing OVER RATED musicians here. As oppose to perfect musicians.

U2

Led Zeppelin

Lynyrd Skynyrd

Bob Dylan

No wonder everyone thinks you're a retard.

Fail on 3 of 4.

:thumbsdown:

Gene Simmons I would like to stab in the throat. Worthless one trick pony show ... KISS also needs to be mentioned in the whole "worthless" and "sucks" category.

Since I'm part Irish ... and also part redneck ... I'm gonna ignore what Posty just posted .... before I get upset.

No wonder everyone thinks you're a retard.

Fail on 3 of 4.

:thumbsdown:

You like them, I think they suck... That is the cool thing about opinions...

You like them, I think they suck... That is the cool thing about opinions...

It's not about like or not like, it's about whether they are overrated.

You're saying a band that is almost universally considered one of the top five rock and roll bands, the original heavy metal band, is overrated? That a man almost universally considered one of the greatest songwriters ever is overrated?

There is nothing cool about your opinion on this subject. Much like every subject you have an opinion about. You should just stick to dead children stories.

You're saying a band that is almost universally considered one of the top five rock and roll bands, the original heavy metal band, is overrated? That a man almost universally considered one of the greatest songwriters ever is overrated?

There is nothing cool about your opinion on this subject. Much like every subject you have an opinion about. You should just stick to dead children stories.

How can one tell that Dylan is a great songwriter? You can't understand a word that he says...

How can one tell that Dylan is a great songwriter? You can't understand a word that he says...

Yes, Dylan can't sing, but I've never heard anyone say they can't understand the words.

Its not like his songs all sound like Yellow Ledbetter.

In posty's defense Led Zepellin stole all their songs note for note riff for riff from other bands, which is well documented, and Robert Plant could never sing live, ever, and they epitomized hokey, all in all, I would consider them an overrated band that performed nothing but other bands songs, so they were a cover band.

Now, if you were to tell me they were the best cover band of all time, I might listen to your argument.

In posty's defense Led Zepellin stole all their songs note for note riff for riff from other bands, which is well documented, and Robert Plant could never sing live, ever, and they epitomized hokey, all in all, I would consider them an overrated band that performed nothing but other bands songs, so they were a cover band.

Now, if you were to tell me they were the best cover band of all time, I might listen to your argument.

Wow.

Wow.

Oh, don't be so surprised. People in my generation grew up loving classic rock, while I loathed it. If I had to hear one more Led Zepellin song on a radio somewhere, I'd want to go on a stabbing rampage. They still listen to those stations too. I just don't get it. Listen to the same Rolling Stones song for the 3 thousandth time. What's the point? Are you a trained dog or something?

Oh, don't be so surprised. People in my generation grew up loving classic rock, while I loathed it. If I had to hear one more Led Zepellin song on a radio somewhere, I'd want to go on a stabbing rampage. They still listen to those stations too. I just don't get it. Listen to the same Rolling Stones song for the 3 thousandth time. What's the point? Are you a trained dog or something?

Nothing that you and the other retard in this thread post surprises me. It's just interesting to see how far the stupidity goes.

Grateful Dead tops my list.

I'd probably put the Rolling Stones on their too. Their last good album is probably 30 or more years old.

Oh thanks for the memory jolt...

The Rolling Stones... Blech...

After Frank M's earlier response, I'm almost afraid to say it, but if I was making a most over-rated band, Jon Bonham would be on drums.