Sign in to follow this  
Big Guy

Lindsay Buckingham Fired from Fleetwood Mac

Pretty sure Squire was only death in the band. Touring without Jon Anderson on vocals, or hell even Trevor Rabin, just doesn't cut it for me.

Edit: Steve Howe only LOOKS like he died. Dude is a focking skeleton now.

:lol:

Fully agree......love him but yeah

Didn't Christine McVie drop out several years ago? Or did she rejoin when she realized she had bills to pay?

Yeah and Yeah

The Peter Green FM was a million years ago and a completely different band, musically. FM as we know it, was nothing until Buckingham and Nicks rolled on the scene 45 years ago. The music barely sounds the same anyway, due to age. There are probably tributes that do a better job. I would honestly rather see Buckingham and some youngsters do the music, than Mick and Stevie and whomever.

Here is the FM member timeline

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Fleetwood_Mac_members

Where' we're at now, pretty much happened before....

"This lineup of the band remained constant for over twelve years and multiple successful releases, before Buckingham left in August 1987.[12] He was replaced by two guitarists: Billy Burnette and Rick Vito.[13] Nicks and Christine McVie both retired from the touring lineup of the band after the last show of the Behind the Mask Tour on 7 December 1990,[14] although McVie contributed to recordings for the band's next studio album Time in 1995.[15] Vito also left the band in October 1991.[16]"

All this talk of old Fleetwood Mac has made me thirsty. Going to head over and grab a "Two Pronged Crown"

The Two-Pronged Crown Old Stove Brewing Co. on Untappd http://untp.beer/58d2a18261

Granted it immediately puts the Judas Priest version in my head...

All this talk of old Fleetwood Mac has made me thirsty. Going to head over and grab a "Two Pronged Crown"

The Two-Pronged Crown Old Stove Brewing Co. on Untappd http://untp.beer/58d2a18261

Granted it immediately puts the Judas Priest version in my head...

I haven't heard of that, but do know both versions of the song.

I haven't heard of that, but do know both versions of the song.

Not surprising. Small brewery here in Seattle. Don't think it has any distribution.

Not surprising. Small brewery here in Seattle. Don't think it has any distribution.

:thumbsup:

Watching one of their concerts on PBS right now. Lindsey Buckingham has to be one of the top 20 guitarist of the 20th century.

If I had to choose between a night with Lindsey Buckingham and Friends or night with Fleetwood Mac without Lindsey Buckingham, I'm pretty sure I'd go for the first one.

Still, watching them in concert again, in the last 10 years or so I have come to appreciate them a lot more than I did back when I was a kid.

If I had to choose between a night with Lindsey Buckingham and Friends or night with Fleetwood Mac without Lindsey Buckingham, I'm pretty sure I'd go for the first one.

Still, watching them in concert again, in the last 10 years or so I have come to appreciate them a lot more than I did back when I was a kid.

Totally. I saw Lindsay Buckingham at the Ryman in Nashville once. Hell of a show.

The rest of fleetwood mac? meh. If I want to hear Stevie Nick's voice, I can save money and go listen to a goat at a petting zoo.

I love old Fleetwood Mac. But its long since over and done. I don't care about your lineup shuffles anymore.

• Like 1

and Danny Kirwan, a guitarist who appeared on five of Fleetwood Mac's albums, died in London on Friday, according to the band. He was 68.

"Danny was a huge force in our early years," said a Facebook post signed by Mick Fleetwood, one of the band's founders. "His love for the Blues led him to being asked to join Fleetwood Mac in 1968

and Danny Kirwan, a guitarist who appeared on five of Fleetwood Mac's albums, died in London on Friday, according to the band. He was 68.

"Danny was a huge force in our early years," said a Facebook post signed by Mick Fleetwood, one of the band's founders. "His love for the Blues led him to being asked to join Fleetwood Mac in 1968

Yeah I saw that yesterday. :( rip

I recently looked up a couple of his songs I really liked after listening to the Fleetwood Mac channel on Sirius #30 a month ago.

Pretty sure Squire was only death in the band. Touring without Jon Anderson on vocals, or hell even Trevor Rabin, just doesn't cut it for me.

Edit: Steve Howe only LOOKS like he died. Dude is a focking skeleton now.

I loved Yes as a kid, one of my favorite bands. I'm pretty sure I took I've Seen All Good People in the 70s draft. Squire was phenomenal; unique aggressive sound in songs like Yours is No Disgrace. :cheers:

But yeah, I wouldn't probably pay to see what's left of them at this point.

Mike Campbell is a worthy replacement for Lindsey Buckingham at guitar. We've got floor seats at Pepsi Center for their show this fall. I'm actually looking forward to it. Fleetwood Mac is my GF's favorite mainstream rock band so we have to go to every show and, quite honestly, it becomes somewhat routine seeing the same lineup after a while. I'm curious how Neil Finn will fit in vocally but they auditioned him before offering him the gig so I assume it should be good. So, knowing the show can't be the typical fleetwood mac show I've come to expect, I'm excited to see them. Doesn't hurt that my favorite band is TP and the Heartbreakers, where Mike Campbell comes from

• Like 1

Mike Campbell is a worthy replacement for Lindsey Buckingham at guitar. We've got floor seats at Pepsi Center for their show this fall. I'm actually looking forward to it. Fleetwood Mac is my GF's favorite mainstream rock band so we have to go to every show and, quite honestly, it becomes somewhat routine seeing the same lineup after a while. I'm curious how Neil Finn will fit in vocally but they auditioned him before offering him the gig so I assume it should be good. So, knowing the show can't be the typical fleetwood mac show I've come to expect, I'm excited to see them. Doesn't hurt that my favorite band is TP and the Heartbreakers, where Mike Campbell comes from

Nice......I guess I overlooked your post, how was the concert?

I've learned so much about the band this year, here's an interesting film if you're a fan and curious about the relationships as well as the music business.

Nice......I guess I overlooked your post, how was the concert?

It was actually focking amazing. They played songs they haven't in forever like Black Magic Woman (with Stevie Nicks singing lead) and Oh Well. Mike and Neil Finn were worthy replacements for Lindsay. The band seemed much more at ease than the last couple time we've seen them with Lindsay. Was a great show.

Another great thing happened actually. Mike Campbell helps run a charity in Los Angeles called the Tazzy Fund that is an animal rescue that also helps people who can't afford their animals. I believe it also does stuff with the homeless. In any event, during this tour he's been doing one on one meet and greets before the concerts in exchange for donations to the charity. I went ahead and hooked my GF and I up with that and got to go backstage and hang out with him and his wife. We also met Neil Finn. He took us up where all his guitars were for the concert and let us check them out. My GF even got to wear one of them. They had a photographer following us around so got some cool pics. The following is a link to his instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/mikecampbellofficial/?hl=en

The video in the 2nd row left is Mike Campbell with my GF and I in his dressing room.

Not a lot of celebrities I'd spend money to meet but Mike Campbell was one of them. He is a very cool, laid back guy. Gave us a bunch of guitar picks too.

It was actually focking amazing. They played songs they haven't in forever like Black Magic Woman (with Stevie Nicks singing lead) and Oh Well. Mike and Neil Finn were worthy replacements for Lindsay. The band seemed much more at ease than the last couple time we've seen them with Lindsay. Was a great show.

Another great thing happened actually. Mike Campbell helps run a charity in Los Angeles called the Tazzy Fund that is an animal rescue that also helps people who can't afford their animals. I believe it also does stuff with the homeless. In any event, during this tour he's been doing one on one meet and greets before the concerts in exchange for donations to the charity. I went ahead and hooked my GF and I up with that and got to go backstage and hang out with him and his wife. We also met Neil Finn. He took us up where all his guitars were for the concert and let us check them out. My GF even got to wear one of them. They had a photographer following us around so got some cool pics. The following is a link to his instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/mikecampbellofficial/?hl=en

The video in the 2nd row left is Mike Campbell with my GF and I in his dressing room.

Not a lot of celebrities I'd spend money to meet but Mike Campbell was one of them. He is a very cool, laid back guy. Gave us a bunch of guitar picks too.

Wow.....amazing stuff man!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks for chiming in on all that. I've never seen them and probably never will since I'd never pay more than $50 for a concert ticket lol.