Sign in to follow this  
mmmmm...beer

Potential new franchisee..

i am not trying to be argumentative. I have owned many teams. some i have built up in keepers and dynasties from the onset. others i have inherited at mixed levels. i completely understand that you all have invested in your teams to mold them to your liking (as much as possible). i am competitive. the two new teams are going to require a decent amount of time with 300 players off of the board. Urine has 5 players in the top 100, and dixon has 8.

neither am i. when I took over my team prior to 2016 I likely had 0 top 100 players. (okay I just checked. I had 3. Jay cutler was 35th, the panthers defense was 94th and anquan boldin was 100th on the dot :lol: )...

Thats not an attempt at a pissing contest but if you've owned many teams, I can't fathom youve never taken over one that was worse and turned it around in short order. 13 players in the top 100 means you're coming out of a two person draft with 6 or 7 and maybe the highest rookie pick available and maybe a few young speculative talents you like.... Falcon left off Chris Carson.

neither am i. when I took over my team prior to 2016 I likely had 0 top 100 players. (okay I just checked. I had 3. Jay cutler was 35th, the panthers defense was 94th and anquan boldin was 100th on the dot :lol: )...

Thats not an attempt at a pissing contest but if you've owned many teams, I can't fathom youve never taken over one that was worse and turned it around in short order. 13 players in the top 100 means you're coming out of a two person draft with 6 or 7 and maybe the highest rookie pick available and maybe a few young speculative talents you like.... Falcon left off Chris Carson.

i have never seen anything as bad as Urine's team. Collectively- still hard to field two starting lineups. dixon has a decent team that can be worked with.

i think we had ourselves a very unique rookie draft this year (kamara, fournette, cook, hunt, mccaffrey, zay, juju, watson, etc)

i completely understand that you all have invested in your teams to mold them to your liking (as much as possible). i am competitive.

it's also not so much the effort i've invested in my team (for me at least) as much as it is the principle that it's never (to my knowledge) been done in the past and worse teams have been taken over to boot.

So if I were allowed to protect 5 players and I protect let's say D.Watson, Elliot, Hyde, AJ Green and Marvin Jones, cool. Now i'm exposed to losing veteran depth and young talent that i've collected (Big Ben, Riddick, Sanu, Stills, Zay Jones, Jesse James) earth shattering names? not really, but why should I lose the depth i've built so new owners can have instant depth? And there are many rosters that are stronger than mine where they would be exposing legit studs.

i have never seen anything as bad as Urine's team.

did you not click the link I provided to the team they gave me? :cry:

I guess i'm just not one who feels that when you take over an abandoned dynasty team, you're signing up for a team that can field a solid starting lineup without making moves.

I'm just using myself because it's the best example I have. Prior to the 2016 draft i traded my 2017 and 2018 first rounders to CBFalcon for AJ Green because I needed a blue chip player and Big Ben because Cutler is a bum. I may have received a lower pick back as well. During that draft I made multiple trades with Kutulu for veterans he didn't value... Theo Riddick, which worked well that year and Coby Fleener heading to New Orleans (swing and a miss!). Before the season I traded Tyler Lockett and a 3rd for Marvin Jones, DMC and a 2nd (DMC made sense at the time). Didn't make any moves this past offseason, I just used my 2nd and 3rd rounders as best I could (Watson and Zay Jones) and stayed on top of waivers for depth (Darkwa, Drake, Kroft)

Probably didn't need to detail everything I did with the team but I had fun quickly looking back. :P

Because, hes in love with his new internet girlfriend. I thought you knew? :dunno:

i meant whyyyyyy.... would you mention that. don't scare away the newbies

it's also not so much the effort i've invested in my team (for me at least) as much as it is the principle that it's never (to my knowledge) been done in the past and worse teams have been taken over to boot.

So if I were allowed to protect 5 players and I protect let's say D.Watson, Elliot, Hyde, AJ Green and Marvin Jones, cool. Now i'm exposed to losing veteran depth and young talent that i've collected (Big Ben, Riddick, Sanu, Stills, Zay Jones, Jesse James) earth shattering names? not really, but why should I lose the depth i've built so new owners can have instant depth? And there are many rosters that are stronger than mine where they would be exposing legit studs.

i understand. i was never able to have that initial draft to build upon. one team can probably compete. one team can barely field a starting lineup and has been neglected. with that team, how often did the previous owner pass on the high ww pickups and FA? its a renovation that i did not create. ground up with a thin ww.

for the record- i did not suggest the "expansion" draft. i have seen it and experienced it. i am in wait and see mode on what the league comes up with.

i meant whyyyyyy.... would you mention that. don't scare away the newbies

Youre acting like a self righteous.tool, and Im scaring the newbie? Im bringing the lulz.

Youre acting like a self righteous.tool, and Im scaring the newbie? Im bringing the lulz.

i was joking, thought you could tell that. calmate, por favor.

if im acting like a self righteous tool, I apologize. Some of that brick wall of self righteousness from the cryptocurrency thread must have rubbed off.

i simply enjoy FF and dynasty leagues and detest the idea that new owners need to pick off existing teams. I won't mention any more, you guys can obviously decide what is best for the league.

and maybe the highest rookie pick available .

Probably outa stop hyping up their draft picks as well. As I dont believe either team owns their 1st rounder.....or their 2nd rounder. But did I emphasize the free entry for 2 years?

luck- who knows how he comes back

ryan- suffering from the loss of shanahan

blount- running well, but double digits 4 of 12 weeks...plus ajayi, clement are taking touches

hilton- roller coaster with 3 big weeks (could have potential IF luck comes back and IF luck plays well)

woodhead- has trouble staying healthy

olsen- i like

sheppard- maybe some potential

doyle- doing fine this season

I was going to take a flyer and offer something for Luck, but I didn't want to be that gay and trade with Gary.

In this leagues history, I do not believe I ever traded with Gary

I was going to take a flyer and offer something for Luck, but I didn't want to be that gay and trade with Gary.

In this leagues history, I do not believe I ever traded with Gary

I made about 10 offers for TY Hilton. I think the best one was Crowell, Golden Tate, 1st rounder, and a 2nd rounder for Hilton. He turned it down obviously.

My 2 points being:

1. Gary loved the Colts to such a level that I never even considered making an offer for Luck. I don't think there was anything that could have gotten him to give him up.

2. I probably took more advantage of Gary than anyone, but I also took some major losses in trades to him...and had he just clicked "accept" every now and then, he would have taken me for even more.

Just don't go and start chatting up HT or wiffle. We need some sort of standards, after dealing with GoColts for 10 years, and letting that FBN guy in.

Just don't go and start chatting up HT or wiffle. We need some sort of standards, after dealing with GoColts for 10 years, and letting that FBN guy in.

Hey.. I think we could get so lucky to get guys the caliber of Bier & MTSkibum.

Hey.. I think we could get so lucky to get guys the caliber of Bier & MTSkibum.

:thumbsup:

as long as they keep with the tradition of initiation and send the commish a nude of their wife.

I guess MTS can send one of his fish ^_^

Ski is a good owner. I'm in a free dynasty with him and he plays in the IBL for... I think FFLivewire with Skids

My team was so bad the last 8 years, when any of this stuff came around, I didn't even add my 2 cents. I had no input on new owners.

Daaanngg.. lookit MTSkibumsteppin up:

I will take go-colts team, no redraft is required if Bier is on board with taking beer's team.

What you think Bier? Boys?

Uhhhhhhhhhhh... :unsure:

Colts has Padrino's first. FBN does not have a first.

2018 (order to be decided still)

​I Dipp My Hair Back and Forth
Kat Fancy
Beauty and the Beast Mode
Urine Trouble
Peaces
Die Nasty El Padrino
Professor Stats
The Mighty Sweatermeats
Iron Fisted Proctologists
The Mighty Sweatermeats
Die Nasty El Padrino
Professor Stats
The Mighty Sweatermeats
The Mighty Sweatermeats
Peaces
The Fightin' Neckbeards
Professor Stats
Dixon's Dixoffs
Die Nasty El Padrino
Tampa Pron Doctors
Kat Fancy
Kat Fancy
Urine Trouble
Peaces
The Mighty Sweatermeats
Professor Stats
Urine Trouble
Dixon's Dixoffs
Tampa Pron Doctors
Professor Stats
Dixon's Dixoffs
Die Nasty El Padrino
Peaces
Professor Stats
The Mighty Sweatermeats
Peaces
Tampa Pron Doctors
The Fightin' Neckbeards
Kat Fancy
Professor Stats
Peaces
Urine Trouble
Professor Stats
The Mighty Sweatermeats
Dixon's Dixoffs
Tampa Pron Doctors
The Fightin' Neckbeards

you people should be ashamed of yourselves. Taking advantage of the disabled.

16. The Fightin' Neckbeards / Urine Trouble Trade
The Fightin' Neckbeards gave up Aiken, Kamar IND WR; Year 2019 Round 3 Draft Pick from The Fightin' Neckbeards
Urine Trouble gave up Year 2019 Round 2 Draft Pick from Urine Trouble
Thu Jul 20 11:51:10 a.m. ET 2017
18. Urine Trouble / The Mighty Sweatermeats Trade
Urine Trouble gave up Year 2018 Round 3 Draft Pick from Urine Trouble;Year 2019 Round 3 Draft Pick from Urine Trouble
The Mighty Sweatermeats gave up Year 2017 Draft Pick 3.06;Year 2017 Draft Pick 3.11

URINE TROUBLE FUTURE DRAFT PICKS

YEAR ROUND ORIGINAL PICK FOR

1 Die Nasty El Padrino

3 Die Nasty El Padrino

3 The Mighty Sweatermeats

5 Urine Trouble

2 Die Nasty El Padrino

3 The Fightin' Neckbeards

4 Urine Trouble

5 Urine Trouble

Kat Fancy
Die Nasty El Padrino
Peaces
Die Nasty El Padrino
Professor Stats
The Mighty Sweatermeats
Dixon's Dixoffs
Tampa Pron Doctors
The Fightin' Neckbeards
Kat Fancy
Urine Trouble
Peaces
The Fightin' Neckbeards
Professor Stats
The Mighty Sweatermeats
Dixon's Dixoffs
Tampa Pron Doctors
The Mighty Sweatermeats
Kat Fancy
Die Nasty El Padrino
Peaces
The Mighty Sweatermeats
Professor Stats
The Mighty Sweatermeats
Dixon's Dixoffs
Tampa Pron Doctors
Urine Trouble
Kat Fancy
Die Nasty El Padrino
Peaces
Urine Trouble
Professor Stats
The Mighty Sweatermeats
Dixon's Dixoffs
Tampa Pron Doctors
The Fightin' Neckbeards
Kat Fancy
Die Nasty El Padrino
Peaces
Urine Trouble
Professor Stats
The Mighty Sweatermeats
Dixon's Dixoffs
Tampa Pron Doctors
The Fightin' Neckbeards

How do you expect someone to take over that team, missing a 1st rounder in 2019, a crappy first rounder next year, no 2nd rounder next year.

Leading up to the rookie draft is one of the better times in a dynasty league, you cannot make any moves with that team.

How do you expect someone to take over that team, missing a 1st rounder in 2019, a crappy first rounder next year, no 2nd rounder next year.

Leading up to the rookie draft is one of the better times in a dynasty league, you cannot make any moves with that team.

We're not proud bro.. things happened.. it was dark.. there may have been alcohol involved.

That's why it is free next year. GC already paid the dues for 2018. :)

I am in if I Go Colts team straight up, none of this expansion draft crap.

We're not proud bro.. things happened.. it was dark.. there may have been alcohol involved.

:lol:

Listen boys.. Gary's team and managerial style has always been a sh!t show. He had a pretty good run a couple years ago, but other than that... it's what you see. We've always felt sorry for our little bro type of thing. Shoot many guys paid into his league fees for a few years.

Also we've always had a concerns on who would want to take that sh!t over. Which maybe was another reason we maybe pushed it.

Those things in mind.. we probably should have ripped the bandaid off a year or two earlier.

That being said... it is what it is...

I still think a redraft to make it fair.. and a flip of the coin to see what team to take over and draft with.

Listen boys.. Gary's team and managerial style has always been a sh!t show. He had a pretty good run a couple years ago, but other than that... it's what you see. We've always felt sorry for our little bro type of thing. Shoot many guys paid into his league fees for a few years.

Also we've always had a concerns on who would want to take that sh!t over. Which maybe was another reason we maybe pushed it.

Those things in mind.. we probably should have ripped the bandaid off a year or two earlier.

That being said... it is what it is...

I still think a redraft to make it fair.. and a flip of the coin to see what team to take over and draft with.

Yes.

who took over for Pat, can we throw his team in to?

if a draft is going to occur....

idea:

the 10 returning team "protect" 9 players (essentially the top 90 players/prospects).

- two new teams pick 5 each from the player pool (total of 10 players from all teams)

- once a player is picked from a team, that team may pick back up one of their own players

- no team can lose more than 2 players

- new teams cannot pick pk or team d (so those are protected also)

then the two new teams draft from frz, Urine, and unrostered players to fill in those rosters.

ultimately this would mean:

- existing teams hold their most valued 9 players, plus PK and D. studs and top prospects are protected

- existing teams would lose no more than 2 players from the 10-30 range.

- existing teams regain their rosters once the 10 players are selected.

- this will not disrupt the existing dynasties.

- new teams would have a small base to build upon due to thin ww

El Padrino has to change his team name, if he doesnt win it all this year.

I've got lots of ideas. The Dynasty Messiah, El Dynasty Jesus, The DNDL Redeemer.....and many more.

So maybe.