Sign in to follow this  
murf74

"Make them go to Manningham"

Maybe he should've made them go to the MOON instead.

He is genius

OCD :rolleyes:

Wow Joey following me around. What a surprise.

Odd

Genius enough to actually beat Tebow!

:)

But genius lost to the team that lost to Tebow

Its like you totally forget that the Steelers buried the Pats this season.

Wow Joey following me around. What a surprise.

Odd

Classic. The old "accuse them of following me around whenever somebody calls me out on my BS trick". We both post a lot and you are one of the biggest focktards in forum history. You're kinda hard to ignore. ;)

Do all these Patriot topics help ease the pain of getting ousted from the playoffs by a fullback playing QB?

Classic. The old "accuse them of following me around whenever somebody calls me out on my BS trick". We both post a lot and you are one of the biggest focktards in forum history. You're kinda hard to ignore. ;)

Do all these Patriot topics help ease the pain of getting ousted from the playoffs by a fullback playing QB?

As the Hawks sat at home and watched.

Scoreboard

If I am such a focktard why keep following me?

You appear so gay....not that there is anything wrong with that Joey?

I mean who names themselves after a Full House character?

As the Hawks sat at home and watched.

Scoreboard

If I am such a focktard why keep following me?

You appear so gay....not that there is anything wrong with that Joey?

I mean who names themselves after a Full House character?

Yeah, I know the Seahawks sat home and watched....I follow the team. It didn't cause me to openly root against another team, creating topic after b!tch-ass, whiny topic.

And what's with all the gay talk? I know I get under your skin, but the hate speak is really starting to concern me. We all toss some gay jokes around in good fun on here, but lately your insults reek of some deeply rooted, repressed rage. I hope that you have a healthy, non-violent outlet for your frustrations and paranoia. B)

Uh, it doesn't take Lombardi to know, you want to have them go to Manningham. Of course they wanted that. Why is this a story?

Uh, it doesn't take Lombardi to know, you want to have them go to Manningham. Of course they wanted that. Why is this a story?

Because some people didn't realize that Manningham was not very good this year.

Because some people didn't realize that Manningham was not very good this year.

He sure looked pretty decent on a couple plays in the SB :dunno:

I think the emergance of Cruz sealed his fate as the defacto #3

as a dynasty owner of manningham I could see him move on in the offseason as become a pretty solid number two for another team :cheers:

It's a story because it's the genius that is Belicheat getting exactly what he wanted and getting it shoved up his cheating ass.

It's a story because it's the genius that is Belicheat getting exactly what he wanted and getting it shoved up his cheating ass.

EXACTLY! His strategy DID NOT work. It's a huge story.

It was still the correct strategy. :rolleyes:

But it was the correct strategy. So its not a story.

But it was the correct strategy. So its not a story.

But it blew up in his face, so it's a story and worthy of discussion. I think you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone who'd disagree with the strategy of forcing Manning to rely on his #3 WR.

This is like losing when you double down on 11 and then whining that it was a dumb move.

If you were in his shoes, would you be going "make sure you cover Manningham with everything you got. Make them throw to Cruz and Hicks." :rolleyes:

Dude, spygate was in 2007. Let it go :rolleyes:

He sure looked pretty decent on a couple plays in the SB :dunno:

I think the emergance of Cruz sealed his fate as the defacto #3

as a dynasty owner of manningham I could see him move on in the offseason as become a pretty solid number two for another team :cheers:

Yes he did make some great plays in the Superbowl. I have said that repeatedly. But he wasn't very good for most of the rest of the season--had some critical drops and just generally was not that reliable.

He's still a good receiver. But if you have to roll coverage away from either the established superstar (Nicks), the up-and-coming superstar (Cruz), or the guy that hasn't played all that well this year (Manningham), I think the choice is obvious. Manningham stepped up and made some tough catches. Good for him. Doesn't mean it wasn't the right strategy.

But genius lost to the team that lost to Tebow

Its like you totally forget that the Steelers buried the Pats this season.

Buried? More like barely lost...

And your Squealers got embarassed by the Tim Tebows, that number 1 defense got lit up by Timmy! So how you can sit here and try to rag on the Pats is beyond me..they were a better team then your Squealers and actually beat the Broncos, twice..something that your team couldn't do.

He's still a good receiver. But if you have to roll coverage away from either the established superstar (Nicks), the up-and-coming superstar (Cruz), or the guy that hasn't played all that well this year (Manningham), I think the choice is obvious. Manningham stepped up and made some tough catches. Good for him. Doesn't mean it wasn't the right strategy.

agreed it was the correct strategy, I was just responding to your post that said "he was not very good"

And your Squealers got embarassed by the Tim Tebows, that number 1 defense got lit up by Timmy! So how you can sit here and try to rag on the Pats is beyond me..they were a better team then your Squealers and actually beat the Broncos, twice..something that your team couldn't do.

Your team lost to the Steelers....LOL. Can't believe the almighty Pats lost to a team that couldn't even beat Tim Tebow. No wonder you lost the superbowl. Pats must really suck if they couldn't beat the Squealers! Really suck

Dude, spygate was in 2007. Let it go :rolleyes:

and SB XL was even farther back than that...try practicing what you preach. :rolleyes:

Uh oh, the doosh is loose again! :lol:

Your team lost to the Steelers....LOL. Can't believe the almighty Pats lost to a team that couldn't even beat Tim Tebow. No wonder you lost the superbowl. Pats must really suck if they couldn't beat the Squealers! Really suck

Just tweaked it a lil for ya :)

Your team lost to the Broncos....LOL. Can't believe the almighty Squealers lost to a team that struggled to only win 8 games this year. No wonder you didn't make the superbowl. Squealers must really suck if they couldn't beat the Broncos! Really suck..especially since they lost the superbowl last year too.

Ok now I am totally convinced you are a 9 year old borrowing your ma's computer. No longer worth my time.

Good night kiddo

Back to the original topic ... what else are you gonna do?

Look, as I have mentioned before, you gotta game plan to stop the run, and make the Giants one dimensional. That wasn't that hard this season, but that run game, wears on a defense, and Brandon Jacobs is an excellent blocker. So, you have to game plan for Jacobs/Bradshaw because Coughlin is smart. If you back off that run game, Bradshaw is gonna bust one for 23 yards. Giants at the 8 yard line, with Jacobs in ... 3 WR set ... looks like a pass, defense sets up for pass ... OH CRAP, it's Jacobs up the middle, nobody touched him for the first 4 yards and now he's got a head of steam ... it's gonna hurt to try and make this tackle ... CRINGE! (see the Green Bay game, Jacobs TD).

So, then you gotta deal with the receivers. Eli is never gonna be a run threat, but he's smart. He'll check down his WRs, and where he has really improved this year, is he stopped throwing picks. If everyone is covered, he'll just take the sack. But therin lies the problem. Cruz and Nicks are both really good. You can't double both of them. Say you have a DB on each one and a safety to help, that's 3, 4 for the DL makes 7, gotta cover the TE that makes 8, in 3 WR sets that's another guy on Manningham ...you gotta have a couple LBs to stop the run ...11.

So, either the TE is wide open or you gotta single cover Manningham. Eli, given time will likely find someone open ... and it's hard to get a good rush on him with just your front four, PLUS, he's smart, and likes to try and make things happen under pressure. He's kinda clutch.

Everybody said this was the year of the QB, and it was one of the most pass happy years (if not the most) in the NFL, and when you take the offense I just described and combine it with a really good DL ... that's a hard combination to beat, unless they make some mistakes. That's a bad situation to be in ... hoping your opponent makes mistakes. It'll be interesting to see if the league tries to copy the Giants (like Tampa Bay did with Thunder and Lightning) because this is not the kinda team you can put together in a couple years, with free agency and some draft picks. The Giants, in their entire history as a franchise, never had the talent and depth at WR/TE they had in 2011.

So that's the best you can hope for. With Ballard and Beckum hurt, make them go to Mannigham and Pascoe. If you can shut down everything else ... that's pretty hard to begin with ... but Eli and Coughlin are smart enough, to figure out what you are going to give them, and take it.

Yes, Eli put it right where only Manningham could get it. And yes, stellar job on tapping 2 feet in bounds with control. Welcome to the NFL. Ya know ... if Welker catches that pass he dropped, 99 out of a hundred times .... and that was the game ... I think maybe ...20% of the time ANY WR ...friggin Calvin Johnson doesn't catch that and stay in bounds with control most of the time .... and that was the game.

Any mathletes here wanna explain how a 1 in 100 and a 1 in 5 are into correct odds if they both have to happen in order for a team to win?

One could argue .... the Giants got lucky.

agreed it was the correct strategy, I was just responding to your post that said "he was not very good"

I said he was "not very good this year". Which implies that he has been good in the past and did not live up to his own standard of performance this season. Which is exactly what I meant. Obviously, as compared to your average NFL receiver, Manningham is still pretty good.

and SB XL was even farther back than that...try practicing what you preach. :rolleyes:

That was kind of my point asshat. You're as dense as you are hypocritical. :cry:

But you and your effeminate Steelers companion should file back in line to take your shots at a very obvious troll. His simple-minded baiting is on the level of a mental-midgets such as yourselves. Everybody getting their lady briefs in a bunch over Devoured are all part of a greater punchline. It's entertaining.

Back to the original topic ... what else are you gonna do?

Look, as I have mentioned before, you gotta game plan to stop the run, and make the Giants one dimensional. That wasn't that hard this season, but that run game, wears on a defense, and Brandon Jacobs is an excellent blocker. So, you have to game plan for Jacobs/Bradshaw because Coughlin is smart. If you back off that run game, Bradshaw is gonna bust one for 23 yards. Giants at the 8 yard line, with Jacobs in ... 3 WR set ... looks like a pass, defense sets up for pass ... OH CRAP, it's Jacobs up the middle, nobody touched him for the first 4 yards and now he's got a head of steam ... it's gonna hurt to try and make this tackle ... CRINGE! (see the Green Bay game, Jacobs TD).

So, then you gotta deal with the receivers. Eli is never gonna be a run threat, but he's smart. He'll check down his WRs, and where he has really improved this year, is he stopped throwing picks. If everyone is covered, he'll just take the sack. But therin lies the problem. Cruz and Nicks are both really good. You can't double both of them. Say you have a DB on each one and a safety to help, that's 3, 4 for the DL makes 7, gotta cover the TE that makes 8, in 3 WR sets that's another guy on Manningham ...you gotta have a couple LBs to stop the run ...11.

So, either the TE is wide open or you gotta single cover Manningham. Eli, given time will likely find someone open ... and it's hard to get a good rush on him with just your front four, PLUS, he's smart, and likes to try and make things happen under pressure. He's kinda clutch.

Everybody said this was the year of the QB, and it was one of the most pass happy years (if not the most) in the NFL, and when you take the offense I just described and combine it with a really good DL ... that's a hard combination to beat, unless they make some mistakes. That's a bad situation to be in ... hoping your opponent makes mistakes. It'll be interesting to see if the league tries to copy the Giants (like Tampa Bay did with Thunder and Lightning) because this is not the kinda team you can put together in a couple years, with free agency and some draft picks. The Giants, in their entire history as a franchise, never had the talent and depth at WR/TE they had in 2011.

So that's the best you can hope for. With Ballard and Beckum hurt, make them go to Mannigham and Pascoe. If you can shut down everything else ... that's pretty hard to begin with ... but Eli and Coughlin are smart enough, to figure out what you are going to give them, and take it.

Yes, Eli put it right where only Manningham could get it. And yes, stellar job on tapping 2 feet in bounds with control. Welcome to the NFL. Ya know ... if Welker catches that pass he dropped, 99 out of a hundred times .... and that was the game ... I think maybe ...20% of the time ANY WR ...friggin Calvin Johnson doesn't catch that and stay in bounds with control most of the time .... and that was the game.

Any mathletes here wanna explain how a 1 in 100 and a 1 in 5 are into correct odds if they both have to happen in order for a team to win?

One could argue .... the Giants got lucky.

Well said for the most part Giants Fan. As a Pats fan, I would not say the Giants got lucky. They may have been a Welker catch away from losing, but they earned the victory for sure.

Giants were not lucky they dominated most stats of game.

Everybody gets lucky when they win a championship--at least in the salary cap era. Heck, the Pats were extremely lucky to win in '01 and even in '03 and '04 it all came down a field goal. If one critical bounce goes a different way in those games maybe they have zero championship rings instead of three.