Sign in to follow this  
eFFequalsMA

Can Ty Montgomery keep this up?

Saw an article today saying the Packers are going to lighten the load of Monty. Any owners concerned?

I have him in both my leagues. Is he a sell high candidate?

This is my money league where we pay for each transaction, so I am always careful in moving players either via trade or wire. I look for season long value. I don't know if Monty will drop off b/c he is so versatile and even though he plays a ton of snaps, he isn't getting banged up like a bell cow. However, I have Martin on the bench coming out of suspension soon.

We only play one RB and a Flex which is usually a RB for me.

I am looking for a trade with the David Johnson owner. I give Monty and Alshon Jeffrey for Keenan Allen and Dez Bryant.

I just don't think he will Be able to more then if he can do so.

The team is bound to use him a,little bit less to save him for later on. M

I agree, if you own Ty I would run down J Williams.

I own him on my team he's my rb5 right now.

I have to think at some point that they will break in someone else to carry the ball

As long as it works though he will get a lot of touches

It is called subterfuge with a dash of fan management.

GB fans will just regurgitate that crap should ty not have that much of an impact in a game.

Don't bite on the hype

I'm wondering if this is much to-do about nothing. Montgomery touched the ball 23 times in week one and 16 in week 2. 19 carries in week 1 and 10 in week 2. My understanding is that his "snap-count" is high for a running back, but if you look at how many carries/receptions he's getting, it's at 20 per game right now for a pace of 320 touches for a 16 game season. That's not a huge volume for a running back, I realize Montgomery probably can't take the beating of true NFL RB, but if you get more game logs like last week with 10-12 carries and 6 receptions I think the Packers would be okay with that volume.

Conversely Forte last year had logged 52 carries and 7 receptions for a total of 59 touches, compared with Montgomery's 29 carries and 10 receptions for 39 total touches.

He reminds me of Matt forte last year when he started hot.[/quote

Montgomery is the featured back in one of the best offences in the league with no one behind threatening. You can't ask for anything more from a 4th round pick. The crazy thing about him is that he hasn't had a big game yet. For the most part was shut down in the first two games as far as RB. Was saved by his three short TD,s......we also have to take into fact that he's still learning to play the RB position in the NFL, still hasn't nailed down pass blocking, Green Bay is taking it slow with him. I expect him to get stronger as the year goes on. The only thing that worries me is getting injured. But I guess we can say the same with anyone.

IF you were lucky enough to draft Monty in the 3-5 rounds, you got yourself a RB1 late..... great value

Montgomery is considered day-to-day as a result of his rib injury and may be able to play Sunday, Oct. 8 at Dallas, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports.

Analysis: The Packers haven't confirmed the nature of Montgomery's rib injury but are seemingly confident he's on a track to miss no games. As evidence, head coach Mike McCarthy told Rob Demovsky of ESPN.com on Friday that Montgomery is "preparing to play against Dallas." Without a true diagnosis, it's difficult to peg if McCarthy is in fact correct. In the end, we'll have a better bearing on his ability to suit up once the Packers release their first Week 5 injury report Wednesday.

I just like how I draft him in dynasty and he misses a year and a half with a sprained ankle. I finally have to drop him to cover bye weeks two weeks before they move him to runningback. Now he breaks his ribs and he's just going to shake it off and go. Keep up the good work, Monty.

I would be surprised to see him play next week. One big hit and you get another two points.

Bummer.

I have been rostering J Willimas since the start of the season and bam he goes down also. M

Life of a ff owner.

A wr taking heaviest NFL workload at rb was never gonna last.

GB is taking this gimmick too far. Get a RB back there