Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

Stock Market- Ouch!

I have heard that their phones sales are well below forecast.

It makes sense. They are way overpriced. I used to upgrade every year or so. Now I wait until it's shot.

It makes sense. They are way overpriced. I used to upgrade every year or so. Now I wait until it's shot.

Agreed.

I am getting some dough ready to put back into the market as I think we will have some good buy opportunities and this is short term.

Do yourself a favor, don't even look at Bitcoin. :cry:

Soros dumps Facebook, Netflix stocks just before they dipped: report

Billionaire George Soros’ investment management firm has saved millions after completely selling off its shares of Facebook and slashing its stakes in Netflix and Goldman Sachs just before the stocks nosedived, a report said Wednesday.

Soros Management Fund saved $17.7 million in the fourth quarter by dumping the three stocks, Barron’s reported.

https://www.foxnews.com/tech/george-soros-dumped-facebook-netflix-and-goldman-sachs-stocks-just-before-they-plunged-report

you got that right Newbie

He did say that he wanted credit for the economy, so if it tanks, he gets the credit for that...

Been in cash most of the year :bandana:

Your $12 in tips from working at the carwash probably wouldn't net you much in the market, even if it was up all year. :dunno:

Without going into detail, I work for a large corporation that's closely tied to the housing market. We had a significant layoff a few days back, and the company is forecasting a very rough 2019. Hang on tight!

Without going into detail, I work for a large corporation that's closely tied to the housing market. We had a significant layoff a few days back, and the company is forecasting a very rough 2019. Hang on tight!

U r welcome e to go into lots of detail about why that is a forcast

I'm a software engineer, so the business side is mostly foreign to me. From what little I have gathered... a combination of rising interest rates, short supply, new building slowdown and and the already high cost of housing is setting up for an economic downturn. :dunno:

I'm a software engineer, so the business side is mostly foreign to me. From what little I have gathered... a combination of rising interest rates, short supply, new building slowdown and and the already high cost of housing is setting up for an economic downturn. :dunno:

If you provide materials and are sitting on a ton of inventory, then my understanding is that you would be in trouble since prices for wood have fallen through the floor.

The companies that supply building materials are a very good indicator of what is to come. They are one of the first to suffer and one of the first to recover.

Just sold my 75 shares of CRON... bought them at 8.11 ($616.86) & sold @ 13.26 $985.23

I only had bought $600 worth a month or so ago.. wish I would have put at least a couple grand in.

It had jumped like +25% a share at opening today... wtf..

Just sold my 75 shares of CRON... bought them at 8.11 ($616.86) & sold @ 13.26 $985.23

I only had bought $600 worth a month or so ago.. wish I would have put at least a couple grand in.

It had jumped like +25% a share at opening today... wtf..

Isnt Marlboro about to buy them? Wouldnt it go up more then? I literally almost bought some last night. Was researching...

Isnt Marlboro about to buy them? Wouldnt it go up more then? I literally almost bought some last night. Was researching...

I think Marlboro put 2 billion into the market. Dunno about them exactly, but makes sense.

I think Marlboro put 2 billion into the market. Dunno about them exactly, but makes sense.

https://www.thestreet.com/investing/cannabis/cronos-confirms-investment-from-altria-14803966

Shares of Cronos Group Inc. (CRON) lit up Friday after the company announced that Altria Group Inc. (MO - Get Report) , the maker of Marlboro cigarettes, made a $1.8 billion (C$2.4 billion) investment in the Canadian cannabis company in exchange for a 45% stake.

Altria also has options that if fully exercised would result in an additional $1.05 billion (C$1.4 billion) in proceeds for Cronos in exchange for an extra 10% stake for Altria.

https://www.thestreet.com/investing/cannabis/cronos-confirms-investment-from-altria-14803966

Shares of Cronos Group Inc. (CRON) lit up Friday after the company announced that Altria Group Inc. (MO - Get Report) , the maker of Marlboro cigarettes, made a $1.8 billion (C$2.4 billion) investment in the Canadian cannabis company in exchange for a 45% stake.

Altria also has options that if fully exercised would result in an additional $1.05 billion (C$1.4 billion) in proceeds for Cronos in exchange for an extra 10% stake for Altria.

I'm sure I just sold 75 shares of the next Amazon for 13 bucks a share I got for 8 bucks a share. Hahah... fock.

Looks like it's headed back up. Trump getting China to submit. MAGA

The NWO folks are doing all they can to take down this economy.

I think everyone knew this was coming. Meanwhile, a lot of these same corporations are laying people off.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/copmanies-spent-record-1-trillion-buying-back-their-own-stock-this-year/

U.S. companies have spent $1 trillion this year on buying back their own stock—a record figure reached three weeks before year's end. That's according to TrimTabs, an investment research firm.

One trillion dollars, a round number of epic proportions, is roughly equal to the amount U.S. consumers are expected to spend this holiday shopping season. It's also larger than the gross domestic product of 166 countries.

Just in the past week, pharmaceutical giants Pfizer and AbbVie announced a combined $15 billion in stock buybacks. Pioneer Natural Resources, an oil extraction company, announced a $2 billion buyback, and animal medicine maker Zoetis announced another $2 billion.

The GOP-championed tax cuts have encouraged buybacks by making even more cash available to companies at at time when they are sitting on historically large cash reserves, without guidance from lawmakers on how to spend that money -- say, requirements to hire workers or boost pay in return for their tax windfalls, which the tax law did not include.

Dividends, stock buybacks to hit a new high of $1 trillion in 2015

Companies have been increasing their buybacks and dividends to please investors for years. Total payouts from S&P 500 companies surged 84% in the past decade to $934 billion in 2014, from $507 billion in 2005, according to a report by S&P Capital IQ.

https://money.cnn.com/2015/10/27/investing/stocks-dividends-buybacks-high-2016/index.html

Do we break through the 23k mark this week or get a rebound?

Do we break through the 23k mark this week or get a rebound?

Sub 23

Worst week since 2008. Nasdaq approaching bear status.

I mean

Didn't everybody know it was way over inflated and this is kindda a settling? Granted it dropped off way faster than I thought but the way it shot up I think most people kinda knew it would come back to earth

I mean

Didn't everybody know it was way over inflated and this is kindda a settling? Granted it dropped off way faster than I thought but the way it shot up I think most people kinda knew it would come back to earth

Wow, unique take. Rolls eyes

Tell me where the bottom is. That’s where you earn your money.

Wow, unique take. Rolls eyes

Tell me where the bottom is. Thats where you earn your money.

There you go. I'll say Dow 19. Based on nothing. Feels right.

Well, Christmas came at a good time for this market. Brutal.