Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

Pope Apologizes

The Pope apoligized to gays and asked all Christians to do the same. That's called owning it. I am growing quite fond of this Pope. Yes, the Catholic Church has done some pretty bad things, even recently, but this guy gets it. I'm proud.

The Pope apoligized to gays and asked all Christians to do the same. That's called owning it. I am growing quite fond of this Pope. Yes, the Catholic Church has done some pretty bad things, even recently, but this guy gets it. I'm proud.

but Christians and Muslims are pretty much the same

He should be apologizing to gays for that hat. :dunno:

Wow. So now that pretty much the entire world has accepted gays and gay marriage now they want to jump on board even though that's not what they believe or the Bible teaches. That's rich. I'd rather you just come out and say you realize you and the Bible were full of s*** and we want to keep members and cash flow going. I could at least respect the honesty. But no you don't get credit for apologizing now.

What are we supposed to apologize for?

If you are a Catholic you are considered an ambassador for the church "Go forth and spread his word" . I think he's saying that we have to acknowledge the poor treatment of others that was done in the name of the church. I have no problem with it, it's not like it didn't happen. He's not asking you to apologize for yourself.

Wow. So now that pretty much the entire world has accepted gays and gay marriage now they want to jump on board even though that's not what they believe or the Bible teaches. That's rich. I'd rather you just come out and say you realize you and the Bible were full of s*** and we want to keep members and cash flow going. I could at least respect the honesty. But no you don't get credit for apologizing now.

this statement is wrong on so many levels.

most of the world doesn't accept gays or gay marriage, alot of the worst punishes them

the bible makes a couple references of homosexuality, but nothing condemning. If you want to discuss the Torah though we can do that

"Pretty much the entire world".? Holy Fock that's stupid.

this statement is wrong on so many levels.

most of the world doesn't accept gays or gay marriage, alot of the worst punishes them

the bible makes a couple references of homosexuality, but nothing condemning. If you want to discuss the Torah though we can do that

I should have clarified. Most of the modern world accept it.

I'm sure you can say now well there's nothing definitive in the Bible but pretty clear when gay rights or gay marriage comes up the Christian right is constantly against it. So while nothing maybe black and white it's pretty clear what side of the fence religion is on.

I should have clarified. Most of the modern world accept it.

I'm sure you can say now well there's nothing definitive in the Bible but pretty clear when gay rights or gay marriage comes up the Christian right is constantly against it. So while nothing maybe black and white it's pretty clear what side of the fence religion is on.

Define modern.

dumb

dumb

Yeah you guys are right. Religion has always been big supporters of gay marriage gay rights it cetera. Give me a break.

Yeah you guys are right. Religion has always been big supporters of gay marriage gay rights it cetera. Give me a break.

nope, they waited until the pretty much the entire world supported it before getting on board.

Your country once allowed slavery. But they fixed that. I guess the Catholic Church doesn't get the same consideration when it comes to correcting it's mistakes. Sounds like you're mad because you're being deprived of a talking point.

• Like 1

It's just amazing how much has changed in my lifetime. Today Europe is talking about creating one super state and the Pope is apologizing to gays and we are getting ready to elect the ###### of Babylon.

Repent. The end is nigh.

This pope reminds me of Obama. I liked the last one better, the real evil, creepy looking one. What happened to him? Anyhoo, only one more pope left until judgement day anyway.

The Pope didn't make changes to any of the churches tenants regarding homosexuality or gay marriage. He is simply saying that Christians should apologize for their treatment of gays throughout history as the role of a follower is to guide those they think have strayed (judging is kind of God's job, not yours), not to condemn and persecute. Or in layman's terms, you can believe homosexuality is wrong, just don't be a complete d*ck to those who are.

Your country once allowed slavery. But they fixed that. I guess the Catholic Church doesn't get the same consideration when it comes to correcting it's mistakes. Sounds like you're mad because you're being deprived of a talking point.

Not at all. I just think it's comical that religious folk who have at every turn been the biggest barrier to equal rights for gays suddenly is apologizing now that the tables are turning and and it's becoming a losing proposition.

How bout gays just stfu? Be gay, so what. Very proud of ya. I masturbate. You don't see me walking in a parade or creating my own flag. Get over yourselves. People used to be embarrassed to be deviants, now it's almost a badge of honor.

:thumbsup:

This Pope is simply an evil leftist tool to help usher in the NWO.

This Pope is simply an evil leftist tool to help usher in the NWO.

Plus, he's a booger eater.

If Francis can get the tithing rate down to 5% I'd support his re-election. :thumbsup:

If Francis can get the tithing rate down to 5% I'd support his re-election. :thumbsup:

I have never been asked for any pct. I give what I want. I am in good standing in my church, I have never been deprived of anything my parish offers and have never been asked to give more. I don't think you're talking about the Catholic Church.

Not at all. I just think it's comical that religious folk who have at every turn been the biggest barrier to equal rights for gays suddenly is apologizing now that the tables are turning and and it's becoming a losing proposition.

In can't speak for all Christian church's. I'm glad the one I belong to is trying to do better.

I have never been asked for any pct. I give what I want. I am in good standing in my church, I have never been deprived of anything my parish offers and have never been asked to give more. I don't think you're talking about the Catholic Church.

:ithinkyoumissedthesarcasm:

Maybe it's the other way around? Maybe the majority of Catholics have no problem with gay people and the church recognizes that? Almost everyone I know who is catholic have no problem. Now, this whole co-Ed bathroom and lockerrooms thing is a different story.

The Pope didn't make changes to any of the churches tenants regarding homosexuality or gay marriage. He is simply saying that Christians should apologize for their treatment of gays throughout history as the role of a follower is to guide those they think have strayed (judging is kind of God's job, not yours), not to condemn and persecute. Or in layman's terms, you can believe homosexuality is wrong, just don't be a complete d*ck to those who are.

Bingo

"He said they should be accomadated pastorally" And why should they change any of the tenants? Like what? Not allowing gays to marry in the church isn't the only rule against who may marry in the church. There are many.

This hurts but I agree.

Wow. If it ain't perfect I guess it's useless. Just think what some of you are actually criticizing here.

Sounds to me like some of these guys got sodomized by a priest when they were younger and are now bitter

Wow. If it ain't perfect I guess it's useless. Just think what some of you are actually criticizing here.

I would hope a book that claims what it does, and has millions upon millions following its teaching for some Bizarro world afterlife...probably should be pretty close to perfect.

This is simple...the religous right has been a constant barrier to equality in a number of facets, gay rights..equal rights is a hot button topic which has rightfully gained more and more steam through legislation, court rulings, etc...

NOW...conveniently...the church wants to hop on board. Which is fine..thats great..but lets not act like they led the charge on this.