Sign in to follow this  
bonkbonk

MFL...I don't understand

How could one fantasy football site being down affect me so much?

I work, I have a house, I have a beautiful wife and more interests then i have time for.

But i feel kinda naked. I can't see my teams. The physical feelings I am getting make me want reevaluate my ff addiction.

I know, relax, it well be up soon.

NO! I AM STARTING TO FEEL, IT WELL NEVER COME BACK!

I just hope i can add a guy straight to taxi from the free agent list. Otherwise it probably wasnt worth it. Maybe it only took them a few hours to fix the issue, but they want everyone to believe it was a larger under taking than the Sistine Chapel.

As impatient as I am...

As a web developer myself i can sympathize with their end. The thing is, sometimes undertakings like these are trickier than they initially appear. I've had several times where a simple layout change ended up resulting in a complete overhaul to the site.

Having said that...gimme my damn fantasy football...

As impatient as I am...

As a web developer myself i can sympathize with their end. The thing is, sometimes undertakings like these are trickier than they initially appear. I've had several times where a simple layout change ended up resulting in a complete overhaul to the site.

Having said that...gimme my damn fantasy football...

Haha. I feel the same. Though i know it doesnt really matter since theres nothing to really do until the draft. Once the drafr happens i will have a better idea if i want to move up in the first, down, or trade my entire team for His Zekeness

And watch when it comes back up... It will be the same site...

It sounds like it's a backend/database-only update so yes, I doubt you'll see any difference on the frontend once everything is restored.

Depending on the work being done, these things can take some time to complete, test and launch and it sounds like this a significant structural change. I'm sure the guys are working on it hard and will have it back up and running as soon as possible.

The very real possibility of Zeke ending up in Miami scares me quite a bit.

I need Ajayi to stay starter to turn my dynasty startup to gold

I was lurking over at FBG. Except for a few, those guys are all in a tizzy over there about the down time. It actually made me proud I'm banned from there. Even if it's down for a whole week. As long as what they're doing they feel is necessary and it will make the site better, then go ahead. They did announce the procedure was gonna take place. It's April. RELAX!

I need Ajayi to stay starter to turn my dynasty startup to gold

I think this only helps you if they draft some help for the O line in round 1.

If they dont help the O line, you may not like his season nearly as much.

from everything i heard from i.t. people on twitter and forums or people that have done upgrades on much bigger sites, there was a disaster along the way that is of the amateur variety. im not sure, but those are what i have heard.

from everything i heard from i.t. people on twitter and forums or people that have done upgrades on much bigger sites, there was a disaster along the way that is of the amateur variety. im not sure, but those are what i have heard.

Any halfway competent business has some sort of development environment they test upgrades in, before releasing. And they sure as hell don't take their production environment down for a week or two with no advance notice to their customers. MFL is bush league.

Any halfway competent business has some sort of development environment they test upgrades in, before releasing. And they sure as hell don't take their production environment down for a week or two with no advance notice to their customers. MFL is bush league.

They did tell us i thought

MFL did in fact give everyone notice, and the site was down for 5 days. The UI is still clunky and it's hard to navigate for new users but MFL is still better than Yahoo or ESPN or NFL or any other league out there.

MFL did in fact give everyone notice, and the site was down for 5 days. The UI is still clunky and it's hard to navigate for new users but MFL is still better than Yahoo or ESPN or NFL or any other league out there.

Its amazing how much money is at stake in fantasy football and we still get clunky systems.

I"m not on MFL.

but I am thinking, it's still not even summer yet. does it matter that much at this point in time?

so long as the site has the bugs ironed out before the fall when you are gearing up for your draft I'm sure it will be fine.

If they dont have the bugs fixed by that time I guess that's a different issue. but if you are gonna take your fantasy football site down for maintenance I'd think now would be the time to do it.

Am I right? or am I completely off the mark here?

I"m not on MFL.

but I am thinking, it's still not even summer yet. does it matter that much at this point in time?

so long as the site has the bugs ironed out before the fall when you are gearing up for your draft I'm sure it will be fine.

If they dont have the bugs fixed by that time I guess that's a different issue. but if you are gonna take your fantasy football site down for maintenance I'd think now would be the time to do it.

Am I right? or am I completely off the mark here?

No now is the time. Both of my MFL leagues have very little activity right now.

this is one of the most active times with the nfl draft and many rookie drafts to follow. those comments are from people who clearly do not play in active dyno leagues.

no, now wasnt the time, especially when they already had an upgrade a month ago.

this is one of the most active times with the nfl draft and many rookie drafts to follow. those comments are from people who clearly do not play in active dyno leagues.no, now wasnt the time, especially when they already had an upgrade a month ago.

There is stuff going on all year including drafts. Are you serious btw? I hope you arent this simple just because your league had something going on. How many drafts are really happening before the actual NFL draft?

Plus, in case you didnt know, the NFL draft isnt until Thursday. I dont know how the two affect each other....

this is one of the most active times with the nfl draft and many rookie drafts to follow. those comments are from people who clearly do not play in active dyno leagues. no, now wasnt the time, especially when they already had an upgrade a month ago.

I'm in four active dynasty leagues. Not one of them is doing anything that needed site interface a week before the NFL Draft. If people wanted to still engage in preliminary trade talks, it's called email or texting. Nobody is doing rookie drafts prior. So they went over by a couple days. Big deal.

There is stuff going on all year including drafts. Are you serious btw? I hope you arent this simple just because your league had something going on. How many drafts are really happening before the actual NFL draft?

Plus, in case you didnt know, the NFL draft isnt until Thursday. I dont know how the two affect each other....

It was the ONLY time that they could do this. If they did a sweeping change/update after the NFL Draft the complaints would actually affect their bottom line. This did nothing to them other than ruffle the feathers of a few people

let the mfl defenders reappear.site is down again.

Working fine for my leagues. I cant believe you are so personally hurt by MFL taking a few days to upgrade their site. Maybe you need to rethink your priorities

let the mfl defenders reappear. site is down again.

It's been up all day for me. I'm guessing those IT people on Twitter forgot to mention the word "cache" :dunno:

let the mfl defenders reappear.

site is down again.

I hear ya bro. Work wants me to be productive. The wife wants to talk to me. The kids want me to play with them. There's nothing on tv. My other hobbies suck. I need my team. I NEED IT NOW!

I can certainly see your point the newb, especially for redraft, though I still prefer the classic lineup screen to the new drag and drop one.

• Like 1

this is one of the most active times with the nfl draft and many rookie drafts to follow. those comments are from people who clearly do not play in active dyno leagues. no, now wasnt the time, especially when they already had an upgrade a month ago.

I've cut down on the # of leagues I'm in since getting married, but I only had one league that did anything before July (rookie draft about a month after the NFL draft)

That being said, if you pay for the service and need it this time of year, I guess you have a right to complain if it affects your league.

many of my leagues use Yahoo, and some just do an offline draft and the rosters get re entered by the commish.

in talking with others in my league many say that there are better ones out there than yahoo, but most of those charge for their service.

going on the assumption that mfl is one of these, I think the standard has to be set in proportion to what you guys pay for the service.

if its like 10 bucks per team per year, I wouldnt expect much, but if its 75 bucks per team per year I think the standard needs to be set at a higher level.

either way, the bottom line is this: if the website isnt meeting your expectations, it's time to go shopping for one that will.

Don't think anyone would complain if it didn't effect them .

MFL is about $7 per team per year. If you're in any dynasty type league I encourage you to check them out.

MFL is about $7 per team per year. If you're in any dynasty type league I encourage you to check them out.

7$ is pretty reasonable actually.

but at that price, I'm not all that concerned if the website shuts down for a few days in april prior to draft day.

I know some are choked about it, but to some extent you get what you pay for.

I'm sure if they charged more, you wouldnt see shutdowns of this nature. but that is what you pay the extra money for.

these extra services are not free to provide and I am sure if you wanted to eliminate the summer shutdown, the cost would likely be 10-15$ per team. I cant say that for sure, but it is a reasonable assumption because of extra costs to do it this way.

I was just gonna post. I thought it was about $8 bucks or so. So I'm sure ralphster is correct. As far as any pay site goes. For the price, plus the options, it is by far the best. I would never knock anyone for using another site, especially if it's for free. But for my money, I'll continue to be a loyal customer. And probably never understand how people can be so uptight in life.

A sunday inseason is 1 thing. 4 days in April is another.

Take the wife and kids out to dinner, or enjoy the weather and play in the yard for a couple of days.

• Like 1

The average per team will vary depending on the size of your league. I'm in a 16-team league and the cost is $70 if you get the early bird discount by paying before June (that's less than $5/team)....

I was lurking over at FBG. Except for a few, those guys are all in a tizzy over there about the down time. It actually made me proud I'm banned from there. Even if it's down for a whole week. As long as what they're doing they feel is necessary and it will make the site better, then go ahead. They did announce the procedure was gonna take place. It's April. RELAX!

what did you do to get banned?

what did you do to get banned?

About 12 years ago (maybe longer). There used to be a pretty big, and regular group of us here at FFToday that would hang out here in the mornings. Go back and forth between this board and the geek board. Then we'd go over to antsports and do mock drafts.

At the time guys was being their normal uptight selves so one day instead of mocking, someone suggested we go over there, set up accounts and aliases and cause a whole lotta hovoc.

So that's whate we did and after f'ng around with everyone, most of us got banned fairly quickly. Sure was alot of fun though.

About 12 years ago (maybe longer). There used to be a pretty big, and regular group of us here at FFToday that would hang out here in the mornings. Go back and forth between this board and the geek board. Then we'd go over to antsports and do mock drafts.

At the time guys was being their normal uptight selves so one day instead of mocking, someone suggested we go over there, set up accounts and aliases and cause a whole lotta hovoc.

So that's whate we did and after f'ng around with everyone, most of us got banned fairly quickly. Sure was alot of fun though.

are you mad at the curly bored too?

are you mad at the curly bored too?

I'm not mad at anyone?