Sign in to follow this  
The Football Guru

Instant Fantasy Analysis - QB Jared Goff, Rams

Goff was asked to unload the ball faster in college than most NFL quarterbacks - in part because he is a quick decision-maker and in part because his offensive line continually failed him. There is no quarterback in this draft ready to take the reins of his offense in Week 1, but that is the situation Goff will almost certainly find himself in as St. Louis offers only Case Keenum as competition. Goff is as tough as they come, continually taking punishment in order to give his receivers a split-second more to come open. On the plus side, the Cal product will probably not be asked to do much of his rookie year as Todd Gurley quickly emerged as the centerpiece of the Rams' offense last year. Goff should considered a low-end QB2 at best in redraft leagues this year, and it is difficult to be overly optimistic about him in keeper/dynasty leagues for the near future since St. Louis lacks receiving talent and runs a conservative offense.

They are going to have to give him some better receivers. Right now I don't see him making a big splash.

They are going to have to give him some better receivers. Right now I don't see him making a big splash.

How about A receiver.

I hope they pick up at least two WR in this draft. Maybe one then a couple undrafted guys.

I would like to see a Vet RB signed and Rookie added too to take the load off Gurley.

This team looks a like at least a three year plan, and it would be nice to save Gurley for that run.

I am in Santa Cruz this week end and just watch the Draft with my FF buddy who is a huge Cal fan.

And a 9ner fan. He does not like Goff in the same division.

As a Rams fan i really hope this pick works out.