Sign in to follow this  
Sho Nuff

Enemy of the people

I know it was in the tweet thread but it deserves more attention.

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump

The FAKE NEWS media (failing @nytimes, @NBCNews, @ABC, @CBS, @CNN) is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American People!

There is no legit defense of this.

This purely the stuff authoritarians use to convince the masses to give them more power.

Cue insults and deflection rather than being critical of their orange hero.

He's right

You both would have fit in well in Lenin's Russia.

Sorry...but it's a painfully ignorant thing to say. No wonder you think it was great.

Right? As I said...the collective of you are complete morons if you actually believe that.

You both would have fit in well in Lenin's Russia.

Sorry...but it's a painfully ignorant thing to say. No wonder you think it was great.

Right? As I said...the collective of you are complete morons if you actually believe that.

Yaaaaaawwwwnnnn.

Trotting out the how enlightened you are over conservatives again huh? Bold move Cotton.

Yaaaaaawwwwnnnn.

Trotting out the how enlightened you are over conservatives again huh? Bold move Cotton.

What conservatives..you two certainly aren't .

But doesn't take much to be more enlightened than you two.

Free press doesn't mean much to you does it?

The media went out of their way to destroy Trump during the campaign. I have never seen anything like it. On TV, cable, radio, internet. They openly supported Clinton, going so far as to cheat by supplying her with debate questions ahead of time. They wanted Clinton over everyone, including Bernie, and put all of their impartiality, integrity, and eggs in her losing ass basket. Trump faced off against the entire establishment and focking won. That's amazing.

And now it's paybacks and as they say, paybacks are a b1tch. He the bully and this is his bully pulpit and he's letting them have it and to many it's a beautiful thing to behold.

As many people who don't trust or support Trump, there are so many more who absolutely distrust and despise the MSM.

He might be a tad bit smarter than many give him credit for.

• Like 1

What conservatives..you two certainly aren't .

But doesn't take much to be more enlightened than you two.

Free press doesn't mean much to you does it?

Yep..checked...they are still free. Crisis averted.

Print what they want....just fact check, be journalist not political factions of a party. If I know what your political leaning is as a media person...you stopped.being a journalist in my eyes. I shouldnt know that.

The media went out of their way to destroy Trump during the campaign. I have never seen anything like it. On TV, cable, radio, internet. They openly supported Clinton, going so far as to cheat by supplying her with debate questions ahead of time. They wanted Clinton over everyone, including Bernie, and put all of their impartiality, integrity, and eggs in her losing ass basket. Trump faced off against the entire establishment and focking won. That's amazing.

And now it's paybacks and as they say, paybacks are a b1tch. He the bully and this is his bully pulpit and he's letting them have it and to many it's a beautiful thing to behold.

As many people who don't trust or support Trump, there are so many more who absolutely distrust and despise the MSM.

This. Shonuff surprisingly didnt have any problem with how the media was and still is....its just anti trump nonsense as usual.

The media didn't go out of their way during the campaign. Hell the media is part of what got him elected.

And more that believe Trump is the issue...that's what he (and moreover Bannon) want.

And you all are dumb enough to cheer it on.

Yep..checked...they are still free. Crisis averted.

Print what they want....just fact check, be journalist not political factions of a party. If I know what your political leaning is as a media person...you stopped.being a journalist in my eyes. I shouldnt know that.

Psst...they are journalists and do fact check. Yiu all cry that fact checks are biased.

While still free...the leader of our country just call major portions of our supposed free media the enemy of the state. Seriously...look up Lenin who used those terms (and then google how Bannon lives Lenin)

That tweet was about as Unamerican as can be and you idiots cheer it on.

There is no hope for you people.

Psst...they are journalists and do fact check. Yiu all cry that fact checks are biased.

While still free...the leader of our country just call major portions of our supposed free media the enemy of the state. Seriously...look up Lenin who used those terms (and then google how Bannon lives Lenin)

That tweet was about as Unamerican as can be and you idiots cheer it on.

There is no hope for you people.

Umm....we're not even 6 hours past the last time "journalist" got taken on a story without fact checking. Its like you're not even trying to hide your stupidity anymore Sho.

CNN admits to doing everything they could to get Hillary elected, Sho yawns. Trump tweets accurately that the MSM is biased, Sho thinks we are on the path to naziism, because that can easily happen in America.

Did I get that right Sho?

Hillary said she was proud of the enemies she had made, and she listed the NRA, health insurance companies, Iran and republicans. So she said the party that represents half of the country was her enemy, on par with Iran, and no outrage. Trump says that the media, who most of the country hates, is their enemy, and Slownuff is moved to start another Trump thread.

• Like 1

Umm....we're not even 6 hours past the last time "journalist" got taken on a story without fact checking. Its like you're not even trying to hide your stupidity anymore Sho.

You mean the ones that got into and the WH wouldn't comment on it because they created the story themselves?

Yeah...you realize journalists report that. That's their job. They have done so under every president and they should. They correct it when new information comes out.

Do you expect them only to report that if the WH says yes? Especially this WH that has been completely dishonest every step of the way.

You only prove you don't seem to understand what journalism and reporting even is.

CNN admits to doing everything they could to get Hillary elected, Sho yawns. Trump tweets accurately that the MSM is biased, Sho thinks we are on the path to naziism, because that can easily happen in America.

Did I get that right Sho?

Biased and enemy of the state are two different things.

So no...you got almost nothing right.

And I never said Nazi either.

Try again skiddo

Biased and enemy of the state are two different things.

So no...you got almost nothing right.

And I never said Nazi either.

Try again skiddo

You said this is the stuff authoritarians use to have the people give them more power. What were you referring to, if not a veiled nazi reference? :dunno:

You said this is the stuff authoritarians use to have the people give them more power. What were you referring to, if not a veiled nazi reference? :dunno:

Also made references to Lenin.

Make the people distrust the media and the judiciary...roll back as much over sight as possible.

Have Miller out claiming his authority isn't to be questioned.

The funny thing is you worry so much about the dishonest media yet keep excusing Trump who has proven to be more dishonest.

This statement he made should have been an easy one to call him out in and you all can't even do that.

Pathetic...as I said early...he is pissing in Reagans grave and you all still defend and even celebrate it.

It's simply nuts

Sho, lets not pretend Trump is trying to restrict freedom of the press. Hes not. The media is a national embarrassment and has been for as long as I can remember. They are not some sacred institution anymore. I equate them more with the media arm of the DNC.

Many people have been saying this for a long time, albeit more eloquently than Trump.

Trump hammers the media in his usual 3rd grade style and people actually take notice.

Eh, whatever works I guess.

• Like 1

Sho, lets not pretend Trump is trying to restrict freedom of the press. Hes not. The media is a national embarrassment and has been for as long as I can remember. They are not some sacred institution anymore. I equate them more with the media arm of the DNC.

Many people have been saying this for a long time, albeit more eloquently than Trump.

Trump hammers the media in his usual 3rd grade style and people actually take notice.

Eh, whatever works I guess.

If the media is a national embarrassment (it's not even close). What is Trump?

He's using peoples sometimes irrational thoughts of the media to seize power. To make him be without someone to question him.

And it's working on some...thankfully not all.

He's using peoples sometimes irrational thoughts of the media to seize power. To make him be without someone to question him.

Not that anybody takes you seriously anyway but just say you're going to bash Trump no matter what. It's painfully obvious the media tried to give Clinton every advantage she could. The last eight years the media sugar-coated every thing Obama did and now that Trump is in they barely even check sources anymore if they find something that's anti Trump. They just run with it.

And stop with the enlightened schtick. You might be the least enlightened person on this board.

Wake me up when you actually address the problems with the media.

Trump is also an embarrasment. As is Hillary. That doesnt make the media less of an embarrasment

Not that anybody takes you seriously anyway but just say you're going to bash Trump no matter what. It's painfully obvious the media tried to give Clinton every advantage she could. The last eight years the media sugar-coated every thing Obama did and now that Trump is in they barely even check sources anymore if they find something that's anti Trump. They just run with it.

And stop with the enlightened schtick. You might be the least enlightened person on this board.

Wake me up when you actually address the problems with the media.

When he does these things...yes, I will bash hthe m.

But funny, I can say the same to you. You will support him no matter what. This...complete lies. You already said you don't even care that Flynn was negotiating with the Russians while a civilian.

Hillary...Obummer. What a joke.

I don't claim anything about enlightenment...you brought that up again dumbass.

Wake me up when you try holding the President to the standard you are trying to with the media and try doing it honestly. The standard yiu held the last one too. Yiu act like the rest of us forgot the last 8 years of crap the right threw at Obama

The media isn't the damn problem.

Trump is also an embarrasment. As is Hillary. That doesnt make the media less of an embarrasment

Yeah...I think the President being an international embarrassment is worse than the press being an embarrassment to less than half of America.

This. The simple fact of the matter, that most Americans refuse to acknowledge, is that not a single institution operates remotely correctly.

The White House (for years, not just now)

Congress (for decades)

The media

Our banking system

Our health system

Our education system

Our legal system

All of it. Utterly broken.

So is trump right? Is the media the "enemy of the people?"

First off, sho is right, that is a horrifying thing to hear a president say. It is pretty much the exact phrase Stalin, Hitler, mao, at al used to kill indiscriminately.

I would argue that the opposite is true. The media is hideously broken not because it is our "enemy." It is broken because it has utterly abrogated its responsibility in order to sell us what we want.

Never forget that guys. I know you righties like to think the media drives the car. And once in a while they try.

But they are largely in the business of selling us what we want to hear. And that is the problem.

They ripped trump a new one for a variety of reasons.

1. He's a joke, as gets proven more and more each week he is in office.

2. Huge swaths of the American public were willing to tune in to watching him get ripped.

3. The have an agenda.

Honestly, I'd say number three is the lesser reason. Number two is easily the greatest.

• Like 1

Yeah...I think the President being an international embarrassment is worse than the press being an embarrassment to less than half of America.

Ya Im not weighing them here. Theyre all a disaster.

This. The simple fact of the matter, that most Americans refuse to acknowledge, is that not a single institution operates remotely correctly.

The White House (for years, not just now)

Congress (for decades)

The media

Our banking system

Our health system

Our education system

Our legal system

All of it. Utterly broken.

So is trump right? Is the media the "enemy of the people?"

First off, sho is right, that is a horrifying thing to hear a president say. It is pretty much the exact phrase Stalin, Hitler, mao, at al used to kill indiscriminately.

I would argue that the opposite is true. The media is hideously broken not because it is our "enemy." It is broken because it has utterly abrogated its responsibility in order to sell us what we want.

Never forget that guys. I know you righties like to think the media drives the car. And once in a while they try.

But they are largely in the business of selling us what we want to hear. And that is the problem.

They ripped trump a new one for a variety of reasons.

1. He's a joke, as gets proven more and more each week he is in office.

2. Huge swaths of the American public were willing to tune in to watching him get ripped.

3. The have an agenda.

Honestly, I'd say number three is the lesser reason. Number two is easily the greatest.

I dont blame the media for hammering Trump. Hes a complete disaster. It would be impossible to paint Trump as anything other than a moron. He makes that impossible.

My problem is the media basically giving Hillary a free pass and fawning over Obama during the last 8 years. And it goes back farther than that.

I dont blame the media for hammering Trump. Hes a complete disaster. It would be impossible to paint Trump as anything other than a moron. He makes that impossible.

My problem is the media basically giving Hillary a free pass and fawning over Obama during the last 8 years. And it goes back farther than that.

Hillary was preferred but hardly a free pass. They reported on the leaks...the email sever...Benghazi...all of it. They have hammered her and scrutinized her for years.

They were pretty fair with Obama as well. What should they have hit him harder on that they didn't?

I know it was in the tweet thread but it deserves more attention.

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump

The FAKE NEWS media (failing @nytimes, @NBCNews, @ABC, @CBS, @CNN) is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American People!

There is no legit defense of this.

This purely the stuff authoritarians use to convince the masses to give them more power.

Cue insults and deflection rather than being critical of their orange hero.

So you're saying it's a tactic and not an opinion based upon fact? :doh:

Did CNN give Hillary Clinton questions before a debate?

I got it now.

This is the thread where people on the right think trump is correct and people on the extreme FAR left think he is a raving lunatic.

FTFY

Hillary was preferred but hardly a free pass. They reported on the leaks...the email sever...Benghazi...all of it. They have hammered her and scrutinized her for years.

They were pretty fair with Obama as well. What should they have hit him harder on that they didn't?

No they weren't.

So you're saying it's a tactic and not an opinion based upon fact? :doh:

What the Fock are you even talking about?

Then you should be able to answer the question.

Dude CNN spent 60 minutes on Trump eating KFC with a fork and knife. And you think they have been fair?

What the Fock are you even talking about?

things, stuff......hearsay, speculation & what not :wave:

We've heard this before - on the Watergate tapes. But it took decades to release those comments from Nixon.

This shiit is just 24/7 stream of consciousness. The dude's focking weird. He got about 10X the amount of airtime as any other candidate during the campaign - literally millions of dollars of free advertising. If the Press really wanted to 'disappear' him - he'd never get a minute of coverage during the campaign.

And, in a little reported story, his son in law, Jared brought a Time Warner Executive into the WH recently to personally biitch about individual CNN commentators and coverage. And openly threatened (as Trump did during the campaign) the merger of ATT and TW. It's one thing to put the kibosh on a merger for purposes of competition or whatever, but to do so purely out of some kind of perceived neurotic, paranoid slight - well, that's the stuff of authoritarianism.

I honestly don't know how this ends. However, my gut tells me it likely won't come to a head (either way) from within, but rather, from without; We have a lot of countries eyeballing this shiitshow right now.

• Like 1

Dude CNN spent 60 minutes on Trump eating KFC with a fork and knife. And you think they have been fair?

Go back and read what I said...the question was about them reporting fair on Obama.

And CNN on likely an opinion based show spent that likely making fun of his diet. Don't you righties always contend that the left mischaracterizes Fox based on their opinion shows and not their news shows?