Sign in to follow this  
Bobbyn2022

Up 1 point in the playoffs do I sit Tucker?

FG kickers get minus 1 for missed FGs. The thing that scares me is if I sit Tucker and all the sudden some stat change happens and I lose or tie.

What's a bigger risk, Tucker missing a couple of FGs and not making a single other kick or a stat adjustment that drops you to a tie, or worse?

Tucker hasn't gotten a negative game in this format all year. I'm just thinking its gonna be cold and I can't really see them scoring much up in New England.

Oh yeah, and...... YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!

• Like 1

The weather in Foxboro should be in the mid to upper 30s at game time. The light snow to rain should be over by noon with the temps in the mid to upper 40s. Less than 10mph winds.

The "stat change" is not likely, but COULD happen, sorta like Tucker missing a FG.

If I was SURE the stats were locked I wouldn't risk playing Tucker, even as good as he is.

However, you do NOT know you have official stats, so you should go out and try to grab a few more points. Tucker could miss, but he'll likely make up for it with PATs or field goals. New England isn't shutting out Baltimore.

The "stat change" is not likely, but COULD happen, sorta like Tucker missing a FG.

If I was SURE the stats were locked I wouldn't risk playing Tucker, even as good as he is.

However, you do NOT know you have official stats, so you should go out and try to grab a few more points. Tucker could miss, but he'll likely make up for it with PATs or field goals. New England isn't shutting out Baltimore.

Tucker hasn't missed all year. With my fantasy luck he misses 2 and they get shut out and I lose.

Great post.

You Play To Win The Game.

I HOPE YA BENCH HIM, AND HE SCORES 15 POINTS WHILE A STAT CORRECTION COMES IN HANDING YOU A LOSS!!1!11!11! :banana:

I AM NEWPOSTERGUY!!1!!!1!

:music_guitarred:

Adam Vinatieri kicked a 45 yard FG in a driving blizzard during the tuck game. You don't bench the good ones Bobbo.

You play to win the game really isn't an answer. I'd say there is a greater risk of a 1 p stat adjustment then Tucker going negative in this game so I would play Tucker.

FG kickers get minus 1 for missed FGs. The thing that scares me is if I sit Tucker and all the sudden some stat change happens and I lose or tie.

Best kicker in the NFL.

I'm up less than a point with Pitta left, I'm playing him in case of stat change. Losing points for missed field goals is a different animal though.

If it was a DST, I would say sit it.

But it's a kicker...wait, it's not just a kicker...it's JUSTIN FŨCKING TUCKER!!! As a Steelers fan, that guy terrifies me more than Terrell Suggs does right now, or more than Ray Lewis ever did. He's a stone cold killer! That guy will hit a 57 yd FG against the wind in 10 degree weather carrying a Sherpa on his back to win freaking game.

In fact, he's in Stephen Davis territory...nevah bench him!

this guy said it best.

In my leagues if you don't fill a roster, you automatically lose the game. You should go about your business like that is the rule for your league as well.

You play to win the game? Technically he already won the game. The only way he loses is most likely by playing his kicker and Tucker having a rough game. I'd bench him.

What are the stakes? If just a few hundred with your buddies I'd play him. If we are taking serious money they yeah maybe you sit him cause ya never know... Misses a kick and busts a thigh bone and your boned

You play to win the game? Technically he already won the game. The only way he loses is most likely by playing his kicker and Tucker having a rough game. I'd bench him.

Agreed

I would play him, I've lost due to stat corrections more times (at least twice) than I've lost due to not benching a player (none that I recall).

• Like 1

And just like that...

Haha..i appreciate that someone else raced to their computer on that block to find this thread.

• Like 1

LOL Tucker will play for me tonight. Had to ask tho, it's a tough decision lol

oh dear

Immediately thought of this thread. Knew tucker was cursed there when they talked about his perfect season as thst dude was sprinting toward the line.

16-0 they might go for 2 which takes Tucker out of the game or if NE scores a ton they might not kick FGs. Very possible I lose but honestly it would be pretty funny.