Sign in to follow this  
IGotWorms

A Cooper

Eff this turd. Started off well enough but my God, has any "elite" (yeah right!) receiver ever fizzled like this down the stretch?

I'm not drafting this dude next year. He'll be all hyped up because third year and all but guy is just not that special :thumbsdown:

I tried warning everyone I could- he is useless. He is not a stud so please don't put him in that category. He's just a man.

Looks like I'm going to back into the finals of my biggest money league depending on tonight and tomorrow but man between Julio, Cooper, Baldwin and Ty Williams my receiving core has fallen to after going 12-1.

Looks like I'm going to back into the finals of my biggest money league depending on tonight and tomorrow but man between Julio, Cooper, Baldwin and Ty Williams my receiving core has fallen to ###### after going 12-1.

Wow, you are still moving on with those WRs. Amazing. I own or owned most of them myself this year. All except Julio. I cut Williams and Baldwin and I benched Cooper hoping to see him bust out today so he might have some value next week if I survive today.

Congrats Dueces.

Cooper like Robinson have been awful.

God Bless and Merry Christmas

I for one have no explanation for this. I do know the entire Raiders offense has been in a funk for weeks. It's not just Carr's finger dislocation affecting his throws, it's the reads and decisions he's made. Yesterday Cooper had three targets, yep three. In fact this season he's had only five of 14 games where he's received double digit targets, and has 117 on the year. That's 8 per game.

I will say he's been on weekly injury reports as well, but that's hardly an excuse. He is NOT dropping passes. And he runs some of the best routes in the league. I'd caution those who shy away from him next year. I follow a guy on twitter who works for Raiders Analysis, Coach Ted Nguyen. He has several articles where he breaks down Coop's route running acumen. I urge those to do their due diligence before writing him off.

How Derek Carr goes, the Raiders go, and in effect Amari Cooper goes. Carr hasn't been right since that snap in the Carolina game.

Several of the big name top 10 WRs flamed out in recent weeks, due to injury, QB play, or what not. ARobinson has been killing me in one league all year, and Nuk Hopkins probably cost me a game yesterday. Cooper will be a special player if the Raiders ever figure out how to use him.

Carr seems to find Crabs much more, so maybe Cooper is always getting the better CB. I know yesterday, Cooper drew the better SD CB, Hayward. But you are right, and this is why I benched Cooper last week and this week- targets aren't there. I'm not blaming Cooper, but I can see something is amiss.

Carr seems to find Crabs much more, so maybe Cooper is always getting the better CB. I know yesterday, Cooper drew the better SD CB, Hayward. But you are right, and this is why I benched Cooper last week and this week- targets aren't there. I'm not blaming Cooper, but I can see something is amiss.

Hayward is a slot guy the Bolts picked up in FA last year. Cooper should torch a guy like that all day long. Again, three targets. Short passing game. QB struggling.

Hayward is a slot guy the Bolts picked up in FA last year. Cooper should torch a guy like that all day long. Again, three targets. Short passing game. QB struggling.

Hey, you are preaching to the choir here Mick. I also own Cooper and this has been a huge letdown, especially the second half of the year. I think Cooper and Carr must be dating the same gal.

It was noted that Crabtree out scored Cooper last year also.

Might just be the better players as was noted this past preseason.

God Bless and Merry Christmas.

Read Luke 2.

Yeah, when you are getting consistently outperformed by a former bust (remember "Craptree"?), eventually it says something about YOU

FWIW Coop had a safety double him the entire game.

Mind me asking how do you know this for sure?

Do you think the great ones like Brown, Odell, Evans have double coverage too?

Cooper is good but Carr has options with Crabtree and Moore being good in the redzone. I told people in the Cooper top 5 thread there was now way that would happen. I think he is an elite talent but not an elite situation with how the offense works.

It is also a one game over reaction because it is the playoffs. There are few WRs that are money every week. In my standard scoring league he was WR #8 going into this week, Mike Evans (WR2) has put up turd in 4 of the last 6 games. Brandon Cooks stinkers in 4 of the last 6 but you sure love him if you had the guts to play him this week. That is the nature of the position.

Yeah, when you are getting consistently outperformed by a former bust (remember "Craptree"?), eventually it says something about YOU

Dude Crabs has been huge for Oakland, the fans love him. He's been fighting drops this year, though I'm sure some of that is related to his broken finger. Go back and look at his 'sliver of blue' TD in the Bolts game. That's why we've looked past the drops.

I'm now looking for a consistent player to get me at least 7 points in a standard league. No more 2. Cooper has provided two points in 4 of the last 8. That is 50%. Not acceptable. Crabs is the one to own, not Coop.

First nine games in a ppr league.

He scored less then 10 points only twice.

Last five games 3 times.

He as scored a total of 44 points over the last five games , that's just short of 9 points per game.

Wk 5 vs the Chargers his line was , 6 rec 138 yards and 1 td.

Wk 15 his line was , 1 rec 28 yards and 0 tds.

He was at least a third round pick in ppr leagues.

He's been awful and isn't worth starting the next two weeks.

God Bless and Merry Christmas.

I'm not drafting this dude next year. He'll be all hyped up because third year and all but guy is just not that special :thumbsdown:

The more he is disregarded for drafting purposes, the happier I get. :thumbsup:

Lol he's going to have a better value next season, no doubt.

Doesn't seem to get targeted in the endzone.

Nope, not even a thought.

Doesn't seem to get targeted in the endzone.

Which definitely hurts his fantasy value, but I can't imagine saying he isn't worth being one of my WR's in FF next year. We all also get caught up in the "what have you done for me lately" theory when it comes to young players because of the success that several have had early in their careers, but it's pretty typical for a WR to really come into his own in year three, and I think he will be a solid value pick next year that I'm hoping to land in at least one league.

I for one have no explanation for this. I do know the entire Raiders offense has been in a funk for weeks. It's not just Carr's finger dislocation affecting his throws, it's the reads and decisions he's made. Yesterday Cooper had three targets, yep three. In fact this season he's had only five of 14 games where he's received double digit targets, and has 117 on the year. That's 8 per game.

I will say he's been on weekly injury reports as well, but that's hardly an excuse. He is NOT dropping passes. And he runs some of the best routes in the league. I'd caution those who shy away from him next year. I follow a guy on twitter who works for Raiders Analysis, Coach Ted Nguyen. He has several articles where he breaks down Coop's route running acumen. I urge those to do their due diligence before writing him off.

How Derek Carr goes, the Raiders go, and in effect Amari Cooper goes. Carr hasn't been right since that snap in the Carolina game.

Several of the big name top 10 WRs flamed out in recent weeks, due to injury, QB play, or what not. ARobinson has been killing me in one league all year, and Nuk Hopkins probably cost me a game yesterday. Cooper will be a special player if the Raiders ever figure out how to use him.

FWIW, this via Scott Bair (d. Dec. 21):

Mursgrave on Amari's production dip: We want to "feature our premier guys + get him his touches. We need to make up for lost ground there.”

Musgrave:"We don’t want to just sweep (recent red-zone miscues) under the rug. We want to address them, get them fixed + get back on track."

Well, at least he got 7 points. Better than 2.

I'm just glad he has been on my bench during playoffs.