Sign in to follow this  
$epphori$

Anybody Know if Peterson is Gonna be Covering Baldwin or Lockett?

or how we find this info out? I can not believe my championship WR's lineup that was supposed to be

OBJ

AJ Green

Terrell Pryor

Is now going to be

OBJ

Lockett

Robby Anderson

:dunno: :shocking: :wall: :huh:

I've been searching for that info for the past couple of days - with no luck. I anticipate (hopefully) learning the answer later today or early tomorrow from one source or another, though.

In the meantime, Peterson did shut down Antonio Brown, for what that's worth. :dunno:

He'll probably take one side of the field until they figure out which receiver the other DBs can't cover and then track him. That's what happened last week with Cooks.

Walter is generally good - and probably right, in this instance.

The thing of it is, Lockett is fast. Even if Peterson is assigned to him, can he match Tyler's speed? I can't remember, not having seen him play that often.

Peterson is one of the fastest cbs in the league

I hope Walter is right, but you never know if things change.

I understand Peterson was NOT covering the speedy Cooks last week the first half, but then did in the second half. I guess they put him on Michael Thomas at first then moved him to Cooks when Cooks was abusing the other dude.

We may see something similar this coming week. PP starts out with Baldwin, sees Lockett eating up the other dude, goes to cover him, and then Baldwin goes wild when the bad CB starts covering Baldwin. Crazy.

Definitely something I have to consider, but I won't have much time to decide. Either I roll Lockett out, or I take Ryan Mathews tomorrow.

According to Silva today:

Lockett moves around the formation more frequently than all Seahawks receivers and should therefore be able to avoid Peterson on most of his routes. Albeit still a volatile play, Lockett makes sense in DFS correlations with the Seahawks’ defense and as an upside WR3 play against a Cardinals secondary fellow speedsters Cooks, Stills, and Gabriel have all recently burned.

and...

Patrick Peterson’s coverage is always a concern, although Brandin Cooks (7-186-2), Jarvis Landry (4-104), Kenny Stills (6-97-1), Michael Thomas (7-52-1), Pierre Garcon (7-78), Willie Snead (8-76), Taylor Gabriel (4-75-2), Mohamed Sanu (8-65), and Jamison Crowder (3-42-1) have all met or exceeded expectations against Arizona over the last month. A big portion of those games came against interior receivers, where Cardinals slot CB Tyrann Mathieu has struggled.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/67826/179/silvas-week-16-matchups?pg=3

• Like 1

I love walter football. How in the heck and why at this point does he have Allan Robinson at #25??

3-18 td

2-24

3-31

1-17

2-15

his last 5 weeks. really stupid walter. no-one in there right mind plays this sack of S on championship week.

thanks for the link

Here's an interesting one from the enemy camp, as it were. Field Gulls (a Seahawks' fan site) is in the habit of exchanging Q&As with the opposing team's equivalent site on SB Nation prior to each week's matchup. This week, it was Seth Cox from Revenge of the Birds responding from a veteran Cardinals' fan's viewpoint. He has some intriguing observations concerning the Cards' defense:

What's the disconnect between the talent on the defense and the number of points allowed? What's your biggest concern to fix on the defense headed into the 2017 offseason?

A: Oh man, shameless plug here, but on our podcast, Rise Up, See Red, the host Jess Root (Cardswire.com) and I have talked about the fact that this defense really is not good, despite those lofty yards against ranking. They were outside of the top ten in points per game for much of the season and after actually playing some good offenses, Atlanta, New Orleans and bad offenses, San Francisco and Minnesota, their rankings started to stagger even more.

First, their special teams play is literally the worst I have ever seen in the NFL. This is not hyperbole, they can't cover punts, they can't cover kicks, they can't return punts, they can't return kicks. Their kicker is in one long funk of a season, they have had three punters, two long snappers and have lost six of their top cover guys on teams.

They set teams up way too often.

Next, despite having a Pro Bowl alternate in Marcus Cooper, they have one good cover man in the secondary in Patrick Peterson. Tony Jefferson does a nice job in coverage, but it is not his strength and Tyrann Mathieu has been not good at all this season.

Literally you can trace almost every touchdown pass given up this season to whoever Patrick Peterson is not covering.

Finally, Chandler Jones is in his late season swoon in which he was known for in New England, apparently. He has become almost a non-factor in the pass rush, which in turn has created a giant hole on the defense. As Jones has declined, offenses have started to move the ball easier and score more points.

For more Q&A, hit the link:

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2016/12/22/14041640/seahawks-cardinals-preview-carson-palmer-david-johnson-bruce-arians?utm_campaign=fieldgulls&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

I talked myself out of starting Lockett. Way too risky. His two recent big weeks were due to a grand total of two plays. I'm going with Meredith, who won't need a 50-yd TD in order to give me 20 pts.

Between Lockett and Meredith for me.

I took them both.

Air Cast was covering Lockett. Pretty tight too.

Sick, dude, sick. But I'm sure you are just trying to make light out of a bad situation.