Sign in to follow this  
socrilles

McCaffrey for OBJ?

Drafted last week picking 12th in 12 team snake, went /Melvin Gordon, Michael Thomas, McCaffrey (traded my 3rd and 4th picks for 3rd and 5th picks of team picking 3.02)....McCoy fell to me in the 5th so I ended up pretty RB heavy, floated some trade ideas mainly McCoy and a WR2/3 (like crabtree/Goodwin) for a WR1....was offered Odell for McCaffrey straight up (my bench RB's are Kerryon, Chris Carson, and James White) WR: Michael Thomas, Crabtree, Goodwin, Sterling Shepard, Lockett, Doctson) PPR no flex start 2RB 3WR, thoughts? I think McCaffrey could really blow up, but McCoy should be pretty good and OBJ would be a big improvement for my WR2

McCoy is a big weight on his shoulders with his off field problems.

Which hasn’t been solved yet.

So if you trade Mccaffery for Beckham that would leave you Gordon and McCoy.

I like your WRs so I don’t think I would.

I know I would be patient based on what might happen with McCoy.

I agree with weepaws. Shady could certainly be suspended. CMC should be great this year and ODell is sometimes a headache to have on your team with his Divaness.

I would want OBJ out of this deal.

McCaffrey is going to be good but he is limited in his role. He won't be their main runner.

OBJ could be the best WR and a top 3 overall player.

You won't get that out of McCaffrey.

Thanks for advice everyone, in the end I went against the general grain, my reasoning is that the floor and the ceiling are very far apart for CMC, whereas the floor and ceiling for OBJ is very narrow and probably somewhat close to CMCs ceiling (assuming both players remain healthy). McCoy also finished 7th whereas CMC finished 10th in points for our league last year and while I think this will change, I don't think McCoy will be a giant drop from CMC. The difference between OBJ and Crabtree will likely be massive.