Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Tommy Maddox - 5000 yards passing this year?

Too soon?

I still have Stephen Davis in my starting line up ... can't bench him -- I just can't.

also stillm debating Pennington ... McNair :mad:

I still have Stephen Davis in my starting line up ... can't bench him -- I just can't.

also stillm debating Pennington ... McNair :mad:

I am willing to bet McNair doesn't throw the ball more than 6 feet this entire year. He is on my DND list. Pennington throws like he was shot several years ago. Stephen Davis is still a must start, but may lose carries to Travis Henry.

also stillm debating Pennington ... McNair :mad:ui

I'm running with Travis Henry and duce mccalister

ok, realize that i am a steeler fan, but also realize that this is an un-biased opinion. these r my true thoughts on tommy gun this year, and i fully expect him to prove me right.

first of all, there is no quarterback, and there hasnt been since warner in 1999 w/ as many weapons in the passing game as tommy has this year. hines ward is the most polished wr in football, and plaxico burress is going to show this year how elite of a wr he really is. these guys both will have 12-15 tds each, and both will eclipse 1,300 yds receiving, w/ plax closer to 1,600. randle el in the slot is absolutely impossible to cover 1 on 1 w/out a shut down corner, and u cannott afford that w/ the 2 elite wrs lined up outside. randle el will be good for 500-700 yds receiving this year, and a couple of trick plays as well. zereoue out of the back field will be a huge upgrade over bettis between the 20s, and he has developed into an outstanding receiver and they will find ways to get him the ball through the air. he should get 400-600 yds receiving. rhiemersma is a huge upgrade over bruener as the starting te. rhiemersma is a polished wr, and can make tough catches and keep a linebacker honest at all times, giving maddox more time to throw w/ less blitzes. i look for rhiemersma to accumulate 450-600 yds receiving as well. of course the other backs, fullbacks, and tes, and wrs will get a handfull of catches and yds as well.when u add all of these #s together, u start to realize that tommy maddox will have some serious weapons to throw to this season. he is healthy, confident, playing for a contract, and poised to take this offense to the next level. there will be no defense capable of stopping, or even slowing down this juggernaut.bottom line, maddox can break the all time passing yds record if he stays healthy, and im boldly predicting him for 5,000+ yards passing this season. teams predictions:

maddox: 5,100 yds passing, 36-38 tds, 150 yds rushing, 0-1 tds.

zereoue: 1,100 yds rushing, 4-6 tds, 400-600 yds receiving, 2-3 tds.

bettis: 400-500 yds rushing, 6-8 tds, 100-150 yds receiving, 0 tds.

ward: 110 receptions, 1,350-1,400 yds, 13-15 tds

and a handful of rushing yds)

burress: 85-90 catches, 1,500-1,700 yds, 12-14 tds

randle el: 500-700 yds receiving, 3-5 tds

rhiemersma: 400-500 yds receiving, 2-4 tds

rest of backs/wrs/tes: 300-400 yds receiving, 2-4 tds.

this may seem like its high balling, but ive been doing this for a while, and i see this offense as unbelievably special, and motivated to prove how dominant they can be. u heard it here first, maddox will have a special year in 2003. get him in the last year that hes available after rd 2...

ok, realize that i am a steeler fan, but also realize that this is an un-biased opinion. these r my true thoughts on tommy gun this year, and i fully expect him to prove me right.

first of all, there is no quarterback, and there hasnt been since warner in 1999 w/ as many weapons in the passing game as tommy has this year. hines ward is the most polished wr in football, and plaxico burress is going to show this year how elite of a wr he really is. these guys both will have 12-15 tds each, and both will eclipse 1,300 yds receiving, w/ plax closer to 1,600. randle el in the slot is absolutely impossible to cover 1 on 1 w/out a shut down corner, and u cannott afford that w/ the 2 elite wrs lined up outside. randle el will be good for 500-700 yds receiving this year, and a couple of trick plays as well. zereoue out of the back field will be a huge upgrade over bettis between the 20s, and he has developed into an outstanding receiver and they will find ways to get him the ball through the air. he should get 400-600 yds receiving. rhiemersma is a huge upgrade over bruener as the starting te. rhiemersma is a polished wr, and can make tough catches and keep a linebacker honest at all times, giving maddox more time to throw w/ less blitzes. i look for rhiemersma to accumulate 450-600 yds receiving as well. of course the other backs, fullbacks, and tes, and wrs will get a handfull of catches and yds as well.when u add all of these #s together, u start to realize that tommy maddox will have some serious weapons to throw to this season. he is healthy, confident, playing for a contract, and poised to take this offense to the next level. there will be no defense capable of stopping, or even slowing down this juggernaut.bottom line, maddox can break the all time passing yds record if he stays healthy, and im boldly predicting him for 5,000+ yards passing this season. teams predictions:

this may seem like its high balling, but ive been doing this for a while, and i see this offense as unbelievably special, and motivated to prove how dominant they can be. u heard it here first, maddox will have a special year in 2003. get him in the last year that hes available after rd 2...

I forgot the OP way back years ago was actually being serious

I forgot the OP way back years ago was actually being serious

steelers2403.

Don't ask me how I remember.

Still funny of course, but somehow the original still owns...... :thumbsup:

steelers2403.

Don't ask me how I remember.

is it still on here? why not bump the original

THANK YOU KIND SIR for saving this. :bow:

ok, realize that i am a steeler fan, but also realize that this is an un-biased opinion

:lol: :doh: :sleep:

Ha - wondered if anyone would post the Tommy Maddox shout out. This was one of my favs along with the time the site was shut down one afternoon to clear out all of the Samkon Gado posts - followed by a lecture from Mike. :)

Ha - wondered if anyone would post the Tommy Maddox shout out. This was one of my favs along with the time the site was shut down one afternoon to clear out all of the Samkon Gado posts - followed by a lecture from Mike. :)

Samkon Gado invented the Swiss Army Knife then founded Switzerland so that there would be an army to use it.

:doublethumbsup:

Crassic!

:thumbsup:

Wow, that was focking amazing.

Thank you for sharing with us newbs.

I would ask more about the Samkon Gado incident but all in due time I suppose.

Wow, that was focking amazing.

Thank you for sharing with us newbs.

I would ask more about the Samkon Gado incident but all in due time I suppose.

There was a Packers game a few years ago where Gado - who was the 3rd or 4th RB on their depth chart - came in and scored like 3 TDs. No one in the fantasy universe had Gado on their team so naturally this site lit up with at least 10 new threads about Samkon Gado. Anyway - the "Gado" hysteria lead to some (not to name names :) ) to create other threads like "Samkon Gado Finds Cure For Cancer"; "Gado Seen with Britney Spears!", etc etc. Mike shut down the site for an hour and deleted everything to do with Gado and then (if memory serves) pinned a warning to anyone that posts about Gado would be suspended. :unsure:

instead of making a new thread, figured we'd give this one the bumpage it deserves

Maddox

PatteRn

Stephen Davis

Quinton Griffiths (swiftest)

Punching a guy in the face in front of wife/kids

These are all classics

Any more?

I cannot tell you how happy I am you guys are still letting my bold prediction live on. I believed in "Tommy Gun" lol, and oddly enough, I believe he was actually on pace right up until about Week 6. He even got us a playoff win. Anyways, thanks for reminding me what a bold dumbass I once was. I'll try and come up with a doozy for this year, as well. Good luck, everyone.

I cannot tell you how happy I am you guys are still letting my bold prediction live on. I believed in "Tommy Gun" lol, and oddly enough, I believe he was actually on pace right up until about Week 6. He even got us a playoff win. Anyways, thanks for reminding me what a bold dumbass I once was. I'll try and come up with a doozy for this year, as well. Good luck, everyone.

:first:

Just for fun, 2003 Steelers season stats

maddox: 5,100 yds passing, 36-38 tds, 150 yds rushing, 0-1 tds. (Passing: 3,414 - 18TDs, 17INTs / Rushing 12yards - 0TDs)

zereoue: 1,100 yds rushing, 4-6 tds, 400-600 yds receiving, 2-3 tds. (Rushing: 433 - 2TDs / Receiving 310 - 0TDs)

bettis: 400-500 yds rushing, 6-8 tds, 100-150 yds receiving, 0 tds.( Rushing: 811 - 7TDs / Receiving 86 - 0TDs)

ward: 110 receptions, 1,350-1,400 yds, 13-15 tds (95 REC 1163YDS - 10TDs)

burress: 85-90 catches, 1,500-1,700 yds, 12-14 tds (60 REC 860YDS - 4TDs)

randle el: 500-700 yds receiving, 3-5 tds (37 REC 364YDS - 1TDs)

rhiemersma: 400-500 yds receiving, 2-4 tds (10 REC 138YDS - 1TDs)

this may seem like its high balling, but ive been doing this for a while, and i see this offense as unbelievably special, and motivated to prove how dominant they can be. u heard it here first, maddox will have a special year in 2003. get him in the last year that hes available after rd 2... 2003 was his last season as a starting QB

Just for fun, 2003 Steelers season stats

maddox: 5,100 yds passing, 36-38 tds, 150 yds rushing, 0-1 tds. (Passing: 3,414 - 18TDs, 17INTs / Rushing 12yards - 0TDs)

zereoue: 1,100 yds rushing, 4-6 tds, 400-600 yds receiving, 2-3 tds. (Rushing: 433 - 2TDs / Receiving 310 - 0TDs)

bettis: 400-500 yds rushing, 6-8 tds, 100-150 yds receiving, 0 tds.( Rushing: 811 - 7TDs / Receiving 86 - 0TDs)

ward: 110 receptions, 1,350-1,400 yds, 13-15 tds (95 REC 1163YDS - 10TDs)

burress: 85-90 catches, 1,500-1,700 yds, 12-14 tds (60 REC 860YDS - 4TDs)

randle el: 500-700 yds receiving, 3-5 tds (37 REC 364YDS - 1TDs)

rhiemersma: 400-500 yds receiving, 2-4 tds (10 REC 138YDS - 1TDs)

this may seem like its high balling, but ive been doing this for a while, and i see this offense as unbelievably special, and motivated to prove how dominant they can be. u heard it here first, maddox will have a special year in 2003. get him in the last year that hes available after rd 2... 2003 was his last season as a starting QB

:overhead:

As a Steelers fan I long for the days of TommyGun5K...

:(

(to never be brought up again)

You know me. I love to beat that dead horse :doublethumbsup: