Sign in to follow this  
Daltnator

Rookie RBs that may b there end 3rd

I've read up on a few rookie RBs the "experts" like. I've listened to podcasts. I'm merely trying to explore all avenues to get a few more opinions on guys. I'm in a 10 team, 2 Keeper PPR league, and we get to keep players for 3 years unless drafted as a rookie, then a bonus 4th year option kicks in, so if we draft rookies we can have them for 5 years(the year we draft him and 4 times kept), so rookies are at a premium!

So, obviously we hope we hit!!

I pick 9th this year. Commish has not sent out the keeper spreadsheet yet this season, so Im not exactly sure who had to get thrown back In , but picking at the back of our first round(essentially the 3rd Round, since 20 players are kept) it won't really matter who goes back in, because they most likely won't be there. I have David Johnson and Melvin Gordon as my keepers and I believe this is my last year for both, so I need to get players that will pan out and not be TOTAL busts(Jeremy Hill got me a couple of years ago). I'm hoping Mixon(current Mixon owner very well may toss him back) slides to me, but if not, I'm wonder if Ronald Jones or Sony Michelle might.

Does anyone have any insights or gut feelings about those guys?!?

Again, just kind of floating around inquiries for inital thoughts an opinions!

Can't wait for the season!!

I'd be going peddle to the metal to try to win your league this year with those RB's expiring contracts. I'd be looking for a WR in your PPR league in the 3rd round and not another RB.

Really like R Jones, expecally in a ppr league.

Don’t let Barber scare you away from him.

Michel I would like more if he wasn’t with the Brady Bunch.

He’s a tough one based on usage.

Thanks, once again you have some good questions.

Sony Michel I think is gonna be a bust this year. Im thinking hes gonna have a rough pre season and in one of those first couple of games hes gonna have a costly fumble and be in the dog house for most of the fantasy season. He led the NCAA in fumbles per touches and thats a no no in hoodie land

I'd go with Michel.

I'll side with I do worry about Barber and Simms is a 3rd down back. RJIII doesn't run well between the tackles or catch the ball. Not a good combination.

I still don't know about the Seattle OL. Can the move people on the goal line? They couldn't last year. Is the D going to be trash making them throw more where JD or (gasp) CJP are on the field more?

If Michel wins the Lewis job for the season he is a top 12 back. They thought enough of him to use a #1.

I'd go with Michel.

I'll side with I do worry about Barber and Simms is a 3rd down back. RJIII doesn't run well between the tackles or catch the ball. Not a good combination.

I still don't know about the Seattle OL. Can the move people on the goal line? They couldn't last year. Is the D going to be trash making them throw more where JD or (gasp) CJP are on the field more?

If Michel wins the Lewis job for the season he is a top 12 back. They thought enough of him to use a #1.

I think he has a lot of upside, if the hoody uses him like he did with Lewis, like you said.

I think Penny could be a real good fit for the Hawks.

And I still think R Jones will surprise.

Thanks.

I don't think Jones will be that effective as a pass catcher. In fact, I don't see him catching very many passes at all. I think he'll be used as a 2-down back with Barber and Sims getting the short yardage and pass catching duties (respectively). At this point in time, I'd rank him as a low-end RB3 in PPR leagues. We'll see what training camp and preseason shows. Things might change.

I'm looking at Michel, Freeman (since I have Booker as a cheap keeper) and Kerryon Johnson. I might put all 3 under contract for up to 4 years if I get them cheap enough, which I should.