Washington Redskins:

1.02-

3.06-

4.07-

4.14-

5.06-

6.03-

7.06-

Draft day is always the tale of two cities here. On one hand it's extremely exciting to see who we can pick up, on the other it's the sickness that comes with knowing Clowny is making the calls. We need a pass rush desperately and D. Ware can not do it alone. As much as I'd love a corner or safety I'd really like to see us go after a DT who can clog up the middle and get to the QB. But like I said I always watch the draft with my barf bag next to me - would not be surprised at all to see Clowny trade down 8 spots and then take a punter.

Draft day is always the tale of two cities here. On one hand it's extremely exciting to see who we can pick up, on the other it's the sickness that comes with knowing Clowny is making the calls. We need a pass rush desperately and D. Ware can not do it alone. As much as I'd love a corner or safety I'd really like to see us go after a DT who can clog up the middle and get to the QB. But like I said I always watch the draft with my barf bag next to me - would not be surprised at all to see Clowny trade down 8 spots and then take a punter.

i'm dying to see a complete draft for the first time in forever. seems like we can hit on the early rounds sometimes, and hit on late round quality sometimes, but we can't do both the same season.

personally, i think the cowboys pick should be decastro. as much as we need defensive help, you just don't pass up a guy who is coming out of college touted as one of the best ever to play the position. in military terms, this would be a force economy issue--decastro + tyron smith anchor your line for the next 10 seasons. there will be some resistance due to his problems in run blocking, but that's a fixable issue since he has all the other tools.

barron makes me nervous since he's not a thoroughbred coverage guy (please no more roy williamses!), and i can't get on board with poe. i just think that if you have the chance to elevate an entire unit, you pull the trigger.

Fix'd :)

I see what you did there. Believe me, I'm not looking forward to him being in the division. Skins fans should be pumped.

I see what you did there. Believe me, I'm not looking forward to him being in the division. Skins fans should be pumped.

Until the next 3 drafts where they don't have a first round pick.

No doubt the cost was high...time will tell.

I feel icky being stuck in here with Giants, Eagles and Redskins fans. :unsure: :music_guitarred:

How do you think we feel? We all have a better QB than "America's Team".

Tampa: you take the dumb kid, we'll take the 2-time captain from the National Champs

Dallas: OK

:lol:

RGIII to the SKins. Rams use that Skins swapped pick to move down some more and take Michael Brockers.

Redskins 1.

Rams 0.

Rams miss out on both Blackmon and Floyd by one pick according to Kiper. Kiper puzzled by the Rams moves.

There isn't a GM in the league, or clued in fan, who wouldnt rather have Claiborne in a straight up choice. We need a fs way more than a strong. An one of the best cover corners to come out in years more than both. Great move and pick!

Tampa: you take the dumb kid, we'll take the 2-time captain from the National Champs

Dallas: OK

Good luck with your last place team, your shiny new QB, and no draft picks for the next 2 years. :thumbsup:

LMAO at the Giants fans at the draft. "The Giants pick David Wilson", followed by " :huh: :blink:..oh sh*t the camera is on us... :headbanger: :overhead:

Good luck with your last place team, your shiny new QB, and no draft picks for the next 2 years. :thumbsup:

:dunno: Well the Foreskins had no other choice? That shi+hole Foreskins stadium has been starving for a good starting QB since Joe Theismann left in 1985.

There isn't a GM in the league, or clued in fan, who wouldnt rather have Claiborne in a straight up choice. We need a fs way more than a strong. An one of the best cover corners to come out in years more than both. Great move and pick!

:cheers:

I didn't write THIS, but saw it on a Cowboy forum and fully agree....

DALLAS

"Put Morris Claiborne and Brandon Carr in our lineup LAST year, and the Giants get a whoopin' from us TWICE, don't make the playoffs, and finish with a losing record."

:pointstosky:

Claiboune is no Patrick Peterson, so IMO he is/was over valued. Barron can play safety & Tampa 2 corner so I prefer upside of Barron in grand scheme of things. but if those dbacks had trouble with complex D then bringing in a guy with a wonder lick score of 6 won't help lol

Claiboune is no Patrick Peterson, so IMO he is/was over valued. Barron can play safety & Tampa 2 corner so I prefer upside of Barron in grand scheme of things. but if those dbacks had trouble with complex D then bringing in a guy with a wonder lick score of 6 won't help lol

Scouts have rated Peterson the better overall athlete, but Clairborne the better cover corner. Many scouts had him ranked the best cover corner to come out since Revis. Barron hasn't the speed to cover fast wr's, that was the book on him - we already have plenty of those. Claiborne explained the Wonderlick test - said he looked at it, didn't see many football related questions, so he basically ignored the rest. Yea, takes a real rocket scientist to go line up man on man and take him out of game. Ha, no wonder the Skins continue to suck - enjoy last place - AGAIN. :overhead:

Report: Cowboys shopping CB Mike Jenkins Profootballtalk confirms the Cowboys are "shopping" CB Mike Jenkins.

Morris Claiborne will start opposite Brandon Carr, with high-priced Orlando Scandrick in the slot. Coming off shoulder surgery and entering the final year of his rookie contract, Jenkins would be unlikely to fetch more than a mid-round pick. Per NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, however, Dallas is hoping for a second- or third-round pick. Source: ProFootballTalk on Twitter Apr 27 - 8:26 AM

HAHAHA. Asante Samuel warranted a 7th rounder. Mike Jenkins warrants being cut.

HAHAHA. Asante Samuel warranted a 7th rounder. Mike Jenkins warrants being cut.

There are a few differences between the two though:

* Jenkins is 4 years younger (27)

* Jenkins is in the final year of a very friendly contract - only $1.052 against the cap in 2012

* Samuel came with a big price tag - the Falcons got him to renegogiate it down to 3 years and $18.5 mil

That being said, Jenkins has dug himself a hole with his half-ass play and injury proned history. I think they could get a 5 for him, and for that I'd do it. If not better than a 7th is offered I'd just assume keep him for this year and make him play in the nickel.

wow--i mentioned this in a post a couple of months ago, but i never thought that the cowboys would actually do it, given the types of players that would probably be available at 14.

losing the 2nd rounder stings, but i couldn't be happier.

Published Fri Apr 27 2:46:21 p.m. CT 2012

(KFFL) Updating a previous report, the Dallas Cowboys likely will not trade CB Mike Jenkins unless they receive significant value in return.

Published Fri Apr 27 2:46:21 p.m. CT 2012

(KFFL) Updating a previous report, the Dallas Cowboys likely will not trade CB Mike Jenkins unless they receive significant value in return.

was just posted on nfl.com's draft coverage, but talks have broken down. word is that dallas wanted a 4th rounder, but their only suitor was talking about jenkins + picks, and that wasn't going to happen.

i'll say this--2 stud CBs with 2 talented backups is the best kind of problem to have. plus jenkins has a cap-friendly contract. if bruce carter can integrate well at ILB, this defense has a chance (emphasis on chance) to be absolutely sick this season. and we haven't been able to say that about a dallas defense in a while.

Next 2 drafts.

Has the RGIII socks fad caught on in DC yet?